LCD Martial Arts Master

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by jacobpaige, Nov 25, 2017.

1. TianKrea

TianKrea 『Novice』

Reading List:
    Link
    They released 45 new chapters!!

LordCorwin and Blitz like this.
  2. Blitz

Blitz ⛈️ awakened from the reverie❄️

Reading List:
    Link
  3. Tsuru55

Tsuru55 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thx Blitz ! Even though i got a hard time remembering you because you changed your avatar.

Blitz and Ran ahzu like this.
  4. Ran ahzu

Ran ahzu “a very tired person"

Reading List:
    Link
    No romance

5. TianKrea

TianKrea 『Novice』

Reading List:
    Link
    Throne of Magical Arcana is also quite good though. It's from the same author as Martial Arts Master and Lord of the Mysteries.

6. Rule71

Rule71 .....

Reading List:
    Link
    I have heard about it, but heard some issues regarding translation I think so I haven't started it yet, ill give it a try then :)

TianKrea likes this.
  7. kennykdogg

kennykdogg Sage of 7 sins

Reading List:
    Link
    I was wondering why a few days ago this was kind of trending. I wish this wasn't picked up it so good but the too short at best we get a happy end for the romance. Because at the point I'm at martial should be the sub plot.

8. WinByDying

WinByDying I can count to four

Reading List:
    Link
    Throne is all over the place, spreads itself too thin. Lord of the Mysteries is gimmicky fun, but it is fun. I like MAM best though.

Wujigege likes this.
  9. Blitz

Blitz ⛈️ awakened from the reverie❄️

Reading List:
    Link
    Throne ain't the one with the bad translation. The author has another book called sage who transcended samsara which is quite unreadable.

Wujigege likes this.
  10. WinByDying

Reading List:
    Link
    Yan Zheke did not discriminate against the party trend of America. She only felt that it was a complete waste of time. It was also an easy oulet to create rumours and therefore she wasn't willing to participate. Who would have known that there were such hidden dangers in these parties?

11. flowingcloud

flowingcloud Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Honestly with it's current pace, I don't understand how the novel ends within 200 chapters. There's so much left to write, so I dunno how the author manages to end the novel at around 700 unless Qidian has been pulling some shady stuff and splitting apart chapters or the author lost motivation and rushed the ending.

12. kennykdogg

kennykdogg Sage of 7 sins

Reading List:
    Link
    I read a review on here that pretty much spoiled thing's if you want to don't know don't look.

13. flowingcloud

flowingcloud Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    which page? i can't find it

14. WinByDying

Reading List:
    Link
    This novel is so good at what it does. If only the translation was better, especially in fights.

I vaguely remember that review, but can't find it either. Maybe my memory is playing tricks on me. R.I.P.

15. ruffruff

ruffruff Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello, I dunno if this is considered necro-ing a discussion because this is where the discussion link redirects from the 'Martial Arts Master' page! (If it is please let me know asap!)

I'm translation this great novel from scratch and I sincerely hope that I can get your support in this rather tremendous endeavor.

This is my first full-length translation that I've attempted. It was partly my huge admiration for 'The Cuttlefish Who Loves Diving' and the desire to participate in a creative venture that motivated me to give it a whirl. I've currently translated about 90+ chapters but currently only 16+ chapters have been amateurishly edited and posted. I say 'amateurishly' because it is a one man project and I know how terrible self-edited writings can get. I promise you that since this is a passion project, I'll tried my hardest to hold my writing to a certain standard. I want to give this novel a proper unique tone and voice, which I feel suits the novel.

I'm usually not very good at online forums because I find that when I'm tired (Both mentally and physically), my online persona seems to drift towards the unpleasant side which is not who I am IRL. Furthermore I'm strictly anti-drama both IRL and online, so when shit gets personal - I'm usually the first to vamoose. So if you drop me a message here and I seem to put you 'on read', forgive my poor online social skills. You may get a quicker response commenting on the wordpress chapter itself, I'm usually there most nights translating a chapter anyway.

I invite those who are old readers of Martial Arts Master, new comers to this wonderful novel and any fans of the Cuttlefish to help me translate this novel by leaving helpful comments and/or suggestions. I have a background in Martial Arts and I sometimes struggle with the Cuttlefish's realism during fights. There are many times where I have taken the liberty of being less than faithful to the source material for the sake of a more comprehensive read. If you feel that I've taken things too far or needlessly changed something, it would be beneficial for the community to let me know so I can give it some consideration.

Lastly, please show more love for the other Cuttlefish novels where ever Chinese novels are discussed. I really really want to see a good proper translation of both 'The Sage who transcended Samara' and the 'Throne of Magical Acana'. Thank you!

Last edited: Feb 24, 2022
  16. perspherspley

perspherspley IZ*ONE

Reading List:
    Link
    Good luck to you and do you know that no one is translating or has translated cuttlefish's first novel?

17. ruffruff

ruffruff Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks! You are the first to provide any affirmation since I've started this project and I really didn't know how relieved I'd feel reading it!

Heh heh, I'm not sure if you are hinting at something but if you are saying what I think you are: I've already got my hands full with a full-time 'job' and 'Martial Arts Master'. The thought of adding another translation project without finishing the first makes me a little nauseous. I would have made some polite yet vague promises to look into said 'first novel' but honestly the end of this current novel seems an eternal amount of years away!

18. perspherspley

perspherspley IZ*ONE

Reading List:
    Link
    Take it slow, you don't need to force yourselves or tire yourselves translating.