LCD Martial World

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Arcturus, Feb 19, 2016.

1. MourningMoon

MourningMoon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You know, I always knew in xianxia they like to make the world very, very VERY big and lots of creatures and other things VERY big, but in chapter 123 when Lin Ming described the Golden Winged Roc with "had a height of several tens of thousands of miles" I just had to think, isnt the author overdoing it here? you do know that the Earth's diameter is only around 7,917.5 miles right? So that means that the roc is several times larger then our planet. Oh just clarifying I do realize that the setting is on a different planet thats probably several tens, hundreds, or maybe thousands times bigger than Earth, cause xianxia authors like making planets big as that, its just that having a bird several times bigger than Earth is just....ugh....

2. Fengmi

Fengmi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    From the perspective of the story, what was mentioned is legend. A legend used to describe the origin of a technique.
    So in order to make the technique popular and showcase its strength, what is needed? One of them is the practicality and superiority of the technique and another one is awesome background. So its safe to assume even the creator of the technique is exaggerating what he saw just to justify the superiority of his technique.

So what we end up with is an exaggeration within an exaggeration, get it? So stop whining about the small matters and just enjoy the story

3. Aurorans

Aurorans Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Lan Yunyue is doomed... or not

4. Jaded

Jaded Majoring in Erology

Reading List:
    Link
    Thought the same thing. She seems to be the only girl who was close to Lin Meng and doesn't have a strong background to protect herself.

5. Raphael

Raphael Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There is stupid and then there is stupid, the author is clearly making conflict in the wrong place. Mind is his story but it kinda feels like a bit of a forced confrontation so that Lin Meng can show his ruthless side and try out his new killer technique which fits perfectly as a punishment for a rapey guy because if I remember right it castrates that person or breaks off his dick not sure.

6. Raphael

Raphael Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The stupid comment refers to the Rapey Guy mind because he has nothing to win by pissing off someone as important as Lin Meng is right now nothing at all, I mean you don't even have to think about it too much it just doesn't make sense.

7. BlinkOfAEye

BlinkOfAEye Chair C

Reading List:
    Link
    Except in the previous chapter.
    I really hope the author does not ignore this statement.

8. Jaded

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, I know that. But the asshole doesn't know about it. Which is why I didn't mention it.

Worst case, he'll just beat those guards and take her away. Or they'll conveniently not be in the area, aka plot armor.

No matter what happens, I'm sure his guys going to be the target of Lin Meng's new move the bloodline severer lkl.

9. BlinkOfAEye

BlinkOfAEye Chair C

Reading List:
    Link
    Yea, he seemed to have forgot the reason why Lin was trying hard was to beat Zhou Kan(?) before. He will just be the second coming.
    I am hoping his father finds out and exiles him.

10. Jaded

Reading List:
    Link
    Looks like Lan Yunyue is safe. Doubt she'll be targeted again.

I feel that Lin Meng still going to find out about this and will decide to punish the asshole lol.

11. nikhil

nikhil Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Why do I get the feeling that this latest dipshit is just going to be target practice for Lin meng's evil technique which he was not going to use before

12. WeiFish

WeiFish Eccentric Grey Sword 『WW Vet.』

Reading List:
    Link
    Somethings going to absolutely piss off Lin Ming, not crush his heart of dao or whatever but just piss him off. And I can't wait to see what happens after.

13. VixenKiss

VixenKiss Machiavelli the Princess

Reading List:
    Link
    Pretty sure it stated that it breaks their meridians/cultivation to the point that they're just a normal person permanently, effectively making their lives worse than death.
    It's a bit too soon to say, there are still a lot of people that are after LM.

14. Jaded

Reading List:
    Link
    Actually, there aren't that many people. The 10th Prince, Zhou Kan and this guy? The 10th Prince won't do something this stupid, Zhou Kan already decided not to become the pawn of the the Prince and this guy won't go against the Crown Prince.

Plus Lan Yunyue is is living in a place with better security now.

15. VixenKiss

VixenKiss Machiavelli the Princess

Reading List:
    Link
    And all of them are incredibly powerful/influential.
    I wasn't referring to whether LY would be in danger in the current arc/chapter, but in the foreseeable future.

16. Fallian

Fallian Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Lan Yunyue's fate are so similar to Alice from Coiling Dragon.

They both once have good relationship with MC, but turn in for a more richer/influential family instead.

They eventually regret once MC was famous yet they keep they self respect and not running back to beg to take them back. I can respect that.

They almost got rape due indirectly by the MC's fame.

She likely gonna disappeared into the background eventually like Alice.

17. BlinkOfAEye

BlinkOfAEye Chair C

Reading List:
    Link
    I feel my heart hurt that you even compared them two. Alice eventually did try to use her relationship with Linley to get favors while Lan Yun went on with her own life. Alice straight up cheated on the MC while Ling and Lan's relationship were not properly defined so it was just like close childhood friends splitting apart.

18. Arcturus

Arcturus Cat, Hidden Sith Lord

Reading List:
    Link
    I really hope that the MC finds a way to get this clown banned permanently from the inscription association. That would be hilarious

19. ln_

ln_ All hail Master Roshi

Reading List:
    Link
    While they are not necessarily similar ( Lan Yunyue was never officially his gf. They were just childhood friends who grew fond of each other.), I really really want MC and Lan Yunyue to reunite. (if this were not eastern fiction, this would have happened) .. I mean Lan Yunyue truly loves him and has learnt to cherish him. Further, she has become humble and wise beyond her age. Her character development is quite nice till now. Unfortunately, she is already getting discarded...

Lets hope the actual MC's life partner gets an awesome character development and backstory.

20. BlinkOfAEye

BlinkOfAEye Chair C

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh man one of the best scenes in ISSH is when Meng managed to blacklist the asshat in the Violet Sect lol.