Korean Mawang/ The Devil (DBSK fic)

Discussion in 'Novel Pickup Request' started by catharcity, Nov 13, 2017.

1. catharcity

catharcity Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Name: Mawang/ The Devil (?)
    Raw Link: http://blog.naver.com/gkffn2129/121212648
    NU Link: N/A
    Why It Should Get Picked Up:
    - one of the best kpop fics according to http://kpopkfans.blogspot.com/2015/06/legendary-fanfics.html
    - it's DBSK!
    - Gashiyeon was extremely well written, and Mawang seems to be as well-liked as it, so it'll probably be amazing too.
    Description:
    According to this user, Yoochun has a bar called Memento Mori; Junsu and Changmin are interpol agents who investigate a mafia like organisation - Refidro (a loose romanisation from Korean?) and want to catch the man who is the titular Mawang, the Devil, who hides his face. Yunho is one of the executives there and Jaejoong works there also. In order to infiltrate their ranks, Junsu begins working for the organisation and meets Yoochun in the process.

I think it's Yunjae & Yoosu (?)

2. eseul

eseul [ blank ] |_・)

Reading List:
    Link
    aah... yoosu.... feels like dangerous territory. After (real life) scandal for yoochun..... (just google if you're curious. involves raping... etc blahblah)

I wonder if the author wants this translated at all though. Because a lot of his fans left him. The author might feel uncomfortable... you should make sure... or whoever wants to translate should make sure it's ok.

3. catharcity

catharcity Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I heard about the scandal but I didn't keep up with it & am not very sure with its conclusion. Anyway, after their split & the crazy aftermath + the JYJ scandal in 2012, I think I've become somewhat desensitised to all their drama and scandals.

But yeah, I agree we should ask the author for permission before translating. I really want to read the Yunjae part though. T_T Gashiyeon was so beautiful so I can't wait to read the other fics written by the korean fans.