LCD Max Level Newbie

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by 0000000, Oct 14, 2016.

1. Archaic pickle

Archaic pickle Daoist Heavenly Kimichi

Reading List:
    Link
    I think it's more for the murim and the Powell followers imho
    Going there to attain godhood

2. Kawaii Cookie

Kawaii Cookie KAWAII DESU~!

Reading List:
    Link
    i have a sneaking suspicion that its a casual nod to chinese xianxia where everyone cultivates in order to achieve the true dao and become an immortal or something along those lines... i've seen enough xianxia to know cultivation is literally usually meditation or fighting... both of which i think dokgo hoo participates in regularly

elengee likes this.
  3. Archaic pickle

Reading List:
    Link
    That's how they get stronger through enlightenment..
    Could be a nod to them but I don't know much about murim outside of it being the martial arts world in Korea?

4. Zerak

Zerak Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think that enlightened world, when you chose to go there it changes you from human thus increasing your potential. The for the merm people they gain power from being enlightened so becoming and existence that reaches enlightenment easily and has a higher potential that humans is good for them

5. wtfkjp

wtfkjp ASDFGGWP

Reading List:
    Link
    i feel a foreshadow that our protagonist will give up his power at the end of the novel and choose to become a normal level 1 human.

6. Zerak

Zerak Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    or might have to start over for a better class, who knows.

7. Kawaii Cookie

Reading List:
    Link
    lol imma say he starts over but still has his proficiency or he goes back to level 1 because he wants to be with his family because gods cannot exists among humans

wtfkjp likes this.
  8. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I was hoping he'd choose Superhuman, for his teachers' sakes. Now, even when he finishes Act 2, he'll be doing it as a Demigod :(

Though, given that warning, I think there's a pretty good chance he'll be giving up his profession at some point. Actually, could he reset as a level 1 Superhuman? If so, that'd be a fantastic idea.

I wonder if the power of Justice in his new power will force him to do stupid things, and if that will be his reason for switching?

9. Kawaii Cookie

Reading List:
    Link
    i don't think so as it said he would reset as a level 1 human which does not imply superhuman... but maybe if he becomes a god... or maybe he can split himself in the future and 1 will become human

10. madhy007

madhy007 The Vendetta

Reading List:
    Link
    i dont care about the promise, its not like he cameback for his teachers anyway....i think thats show why all human cant become god because before they become they must chose to be demi-god before, its not like demi-god choice will open to every player able to reach level 500 anyway so that not cheat i guess...if there better choice than become just super human why not ....

11. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, depending on how good the stat bonuses are, Superhuman might actually be stronger than Demigod, which would make it the practical choice as well.

12. madhy007

madhy007 The Vendetta

Reading List:
    Link
    hmm....just look at the condition to become superhuman player just need to reach level 500, but to become demi-god condition Achieve level 500. Growth rate surpassing humans. so its clear demi-god is better choice because how hard the opening condition are and i think thats one off the condition became God from human...the other player allready hundreds years at act 1 but still no one can clear act one so even other player reach level 500 they still dont have a choice to become demi-god but still have the choice become superhuman because their growth rated not like MC....

13. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    If things work in a sensible manner then you're probably right. Still, if being a Demigod obligates him to act in a certain way, then it might still be better to be Superhuman. If for no other reason than being constrained likely limits his growth potential in his two core elements.

Also, if he can manage to become a level 1 Superhuman, then the extra stats would almost certainly be better than Demigod's achievement system. Though its still uncertain if that's how changing his mind would work.

14. madhy007

madhy007 The Vendetta

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm level 1 superhuman? ??did I miss something here??

15. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    If he changes his mind about being a demigod, his level gets reset to 1. Its unclear if he'd be reset to being a normal human or be allowed to choose and keep a new profession though.

16. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    inb4 unlocks sub-class at lvl 1000, finds hidden class that's better for first class, resets with lvl 1 human / lvl 1000 sub

Still disappointing if it turns into a level dependent / class dependent strength though, you'd think there'd be another training for 'newbies' upon entering the act, or at least some focus on increasing skill.

Last edited: May 24, 2017
  17. Archaic pickle

Reading List:
    Link
    isn't ss max level for a skill? Or do you think it would go higher?

18. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, if there's at least 3 acts, i doubt SS which is achievable at act 1 would be a maxed out skill, unless you'll need stronger skills which start out with better power.
    I was expecting each act to re-rank the skills based on how they'd fare in that world, thus making his SS like A rank or something, just not sure how it's supposed to work with 'transcended beings' , would Gods still use SS skills? lol

19. Archaic pickle

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybe sss or go to x? Usually that's the next grade up in most adventure type novels.

20. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    SSS sounds like it'd still be doable before Godhood, X+ would be afterwards, typically having to gain insights into things like the Dao of whatever you're using lol. Although "xXx skills" sounds kind of wrong (or good *wink*)