Recommendations MC can't utilise their OP Abilities

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Darius Drake, Jan 11, 2020.

1. Darius Drake

Darius Drake A poster of verbose posts

Reading List:
    Link
    Another of my "How Common Is This?" Threads.

I'm looking for stories where the MC has one or more abilities that is powerful, if not outright overpowered, that they can't utilise, or can't take full advantage of, and are thus much weaker than they would be if they could take advantage of it. An example is spoilers for The S-Classes that I Raised, and so will be behind a Spoiler Screen.

The MC of The S-Classes that I Raised gains abilities to double the power of his attacks, but doesn't have any attacking skills, as well as the ability to double his dungeon rewards, but due to being F-Class, has an inability to clear said dungeons, with few exceptions. As such, both skills are basically useless to the MC, but would be powerful if given to most of the other major characters.

This request can also apply to the MC's Empowerment Skill, which temporarily gives him the powers and triple the stats of someone he has trained even slightly if it dies, due to the death restriction and the time restriction on post use.

So, yeah, if you have any stories where the MC has an OP ability that they can't take advantage of because they either can't use the ability, the ability has some usage restriction, or they simply lack the knowledge required to properly take advantage of the ability, it would satisfy my curiosity and thus be greatly appreciated.

2. BeardyRABBIT

BeardyRABBIT <Not a Rabbit>

Reading List:
    Link
    Death Mage, The God of Reincarnation put several curse on MC on hope he will die quickly, but he still as overpower as f*ck.

3. TotallyNotAnAlien

TotallyNotAnAlien Not an alien!

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, I can only remember one called The God Slaying Hero and the Seven Covenants. The MC has seven restrictions on his OP abilities like the title implies.

Also, there's a "Conditional Power" tag you can use to search for more of such stories.