Recommendations MC doesn’t go OOC

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by katofu, Jul 7, 2020.

1. katofu

katofu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Any recommendations for reincarnated/transmigrated villian/villainess romance novels where they don’t go ooc out of their own accord? For instance, they’re not bound to a system or anything that prevents them from going ooc, but they kind of just want life to take its course so they act out the character they’ve been given not caring abt the repercussions. Of course a few ooc moments are nice and inevitable but I generally don’t want them to be blatantly OOC the ENTIRE story to the point where everyone suspects them for being a diff person after a few chapters,,maybe like a slow progression ig (I’m fine with bl too)

2. michlele

michlele Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi. There are some where the MC doesn't ooc but the other characters are really ooc or don't act as expected (i.e. The Villains all fell in love with me after rebirth though I haven't read too much of this one; or I'm the Rival Character, so I'll do My Best which is also a series of oneshots; or Noble Wife Wants No Love). I hope this helps?

katofu likes this.
  3. pass1478

pass1478 I'm in Despair!

Reading List:
    Link
    Gomen ne, Onii-sama. Go cry.

Don't get fooled by the kind of lame synopsis/description. She forces herself to be a true villainess for the Male Protagonist of the original story, her Onii-sama. It's painful to look at, mate.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2020
  4. michlele

michlele Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oops. I guess I didn't read the original post. The first one has system. Also the last one, but MC kinda has a choice that the system presents (soo kinda I guess?). Sorry.

katofu likes this.
  5. KageTokage

KageTokage Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    As michlele stated, I only know stories where the MC tries to stay in character, but is different enough that the others go out of character instead.

One example is Observation Record of a Self-proclaimed Villainess’ Fiance. The 'villainess' tries really hard to be evil (so the prince can have a happy ending), but is really bad at it. She tries to bully the heroine, yet all her 'snide remarks' are actually valid points.

One of my favorite parts is when Bertia is complaining about how hard it is to maintain her weight, even with all the exercise she does. She comes to the conclusion that this is due to the 'plot's counterforce' because the prince isn't getting together with the heroine. The prince (who she is complaining to) then is all like, "Really? This isn't due to all of the candy people have been giving you?" Bertia then just gives him a blank stare, as she never though about that. :facepalm:

Baldingere, katofu and michlele like this.