Discussion MC doesnt go back home after transmigration

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by Dizaster, Jun 29, 2020.

1. Dizaster

Dizaster Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You know those CN novels where MC wakes up in a body whose been thrown in a jungle to get humilaited cause she's a spiritual waste. I often wonder why does MC immediately go back to her home where numerous powerful enemies are scheming her death and not just stay outside and develop strength first.
    I hate how half the time she's involved in backyard fighting and then sneaking out to get money and resources and secretly cultivating.
    Just why go back!!! You re not her. It's not like you're drowning in hate. As an ex-secret agent, you're supossed to be able to live freely well outside of that hell hole. You can just lay dormant and incognito and develop strength then go back for revenge. Whats with going back only to be involved in some bullshit dog fights.

Have you ever read one where she hides her strength and takes revenge only after she's powerful enough. Please recommend it to me

Last edited: Jun 29, 2020
  2. KageTokage

KageTokage Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The only times a CN transmigrator doesn't go 'home' immediately is when they are not aware of the family. This is usually from either amnesia or some sort of memory lock/seal.

Most of the time, the authors use the family/clan/sect/whatever as a springboard. The MC is in a whole new world and their previous dreams or goals have no impact here. So, the author has to find something to tie the MC down to and/or people to bond with.

One of the most common CN clichés follow the lines of, "I was just helping them to repay the original body's owner, but now... they've grown on me and I can't let them down." o_O

I read a novel where the MC had only been in the world for one day and he said that. Major Red Flag! :blobconfused:

Last edited: Jul 1, 2020
  3. rijimon17

rijimon17 Hope you can read the words

Reading List:
    Link
    A wild mr krabs appears

I know how you feel. Its so annoyingly against any rational person's behavior.

Dizaster likes this.