Spoiler Mc objective in Cultivation Chat Group

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by Solracmar, Dec 9, 2017.

?

What is the mc objective?

1. Cultivation

5 vote(s)
    83.3%
  2. Live a normal life

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  1. Solracmar

Solracmar Zzzzzzz

Reading List:
    Link
    Just to be clear there will be lots of SPOILER.

I was arguing in other tread about Cultivation Chat Group mc motivation.
    @Captain_Ironfoundersson said that Mc is rooted in his normal life and want the whole have a family work and die package.

My point is after he chose the cultivation lifestyle he decided to live a abnormal life. For starter he will live longer, fight, "have powers" and adventures. This doesnt mean he doesn't want the normal experience it just isn't his priority.

Since both of us are up to date in the raw. The discussion would be extremely spoiler so i made this tread.
    So what do you think is the objective of mister 1st profound saint of the milenium Tyrant Song?

2. Captain_Ironfoundersson

Captain_Ironfoundersson Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Song Shuhang doesn't have any reason at all to cultivate except to look cool and to show off to his friends and family.

In Chapter 1066, Sixteen asked him about his plans for the future, especially cultivation aspect and marriage aspect.

His response was he never thought about it at all and he goes reminiscing about his normal life plan.

In another chapter, he is complaining about cultivation aspect take too much of his time. To him, cultivation supposedly to be no more than extra curricular activity in his life.

He also sleeptalked about missing classes right after the Immortal Food Fest ended.

In Chapter 1590 he divided his priorities as follow:

1. Main body: going to classes and practice
    2. Doppelganger: managing store, teaching disciples and learning Ancient language
    3. Avatar: chatting

3. Fluffums

Fluffums 【R-18 Researcher】【Seeker of Moe】

Reading List:
    Link
    ... Why not both? He's 20 years old. He'll enjoy his time at college and after college still hang out with his friends (doubt he'll even try to get a normal job), then gradually grow distant from the "normal" part of his life because he's a cultivator and will live hundreds or thousands of years if not forever while his friends and family will eventually die. Typical tragedy of the immortal, right?

But I don't think he's prioritizing his normal life though he probably should - he's treating his immortal friends about the same as his normal friends, but his immortal friends are much more interesting and face life-or-death crises regularly, so he'll probably spend more and more time helping them out, exploring places with them, learning from or teaching them, etc. His mindset is still that of an ordinary person, but his social circle is mostly cultivators at this point.

And being a famous cultivator, Song Shuhang really can't live an ordinary life anymore. He's a celebrity. He has enemies, fans, responsibilities. And some of his enemies are on the "apocalyptic" scale.

seabuckthorn and Solracmar like this.
  4. Solracmar

Solracmar Zzzzzzz

Reading List:
    Link
    I was going to post when i found the chapter .
    However.....
    I am lazy. So...
    Recently when he went back to university Song Shuhang said that it was a Holliday a rest from the cultivation lifestyle.
    Aside from that he is making plans to introduce his parents to cultivation. He is preparing cultivation houses and resources for that.
    That is not a act from someone who prioritize a ordinary life.