Recommendations mc runs business, makes ruthless decisions and sacrifices for the good of company

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by The Hamster Overlord, Jun 22, 2021.

1. The Hamster Overlord

The Hamster Overlord Mad scientist/Revered wizard/Alleged antichrist

Reading List:
    Link
    It's an interesting idea to me, to see a "business" novel not how it's usually depicted in the novels here, where everything goes buttery smooth, but where mc has to work themselves to the bone in navigating the interests of involved groups and make hard and ruthless decisions, like firing workers who want to unionise and stuff, and sacrifice a lot from their personal life for the company. I just haven't seen anything like it before on this site, and this seems like it would make for a good drama, or even tragedy.

2. Despapa69

Despapa69 Revered 17 Syllable Sage

Reading List:
    Link
    I too need an MC who actually struggles with his business.

3. I_am_Novel_Lover

I_am_Novel_Lover Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm Gao Fu Shuai Villain

I don't know if this goes according to your liking. Just like a typical transmigration novel, MC here goes inside a Novel, MC is a villain and have to kill the protagonist to live(btw it is modern world).MC is Young Master of one of the great families. There is a little bit of business, stocks and fights between city's great families. MC steals the protagonist's girls and makes his own harem.

Genre: Comedy, Drama, Harem, Martial Arts, Mystery, Romance, Slice of Life, Xuanhuan.

A good one for you to enjoy when you have free time.

The Hamster Overlord likes this.
  4. Despapa69

Reading List:
    Link
    I've been hearing about this novel a lot, is it good?

5. I_am_Novel_Lover

I_am_Novel_Lover Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yep! I read it, and I really like it. I like the fact that MC is smartass. He plays with emotions of others. His each and every tactic to defeat the protagonist is wonderful. But I must say, the Novel's Harem is good too. I think in future many unexpected things are gonna happen with MC. And these recent chapters are just awesome.
    You should just read it. You will not regret.

6. Despapa69

Reading List:
    Link
    Alright, I'll take your word for it.

7. ToastedRossi

ToastedRossi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The books on NU tend to cater towards power fantasy tastes and it's anathema for protagonists in them suffer significant setbacks. I don't think that business novels like the OP is looking for are going to be very common. I have read a book that does this - it's about failing at business and the struggle to recover from failure. But it's not translated so it's not going to work unless you're willing to read it in Chinese.

8. The Hamster Overlord

The Hamster Overlord Mad scientist/Revered wizard/Alleged antichrist

Reading List:
    Link
    As long s I can mtl it, its fine

9. ToastedRossi

ToastedRossi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sure:

一路彩虹 / 炒钱高手在花都
    This story starts in 2000 and it has a lot of setbacks, corruption, and betrayal. It also probably has a lot more business oriented material than you'd see elsewhere - everything from startup companies to stock trading and leveraged commodities futures.