Recommendations MCs, battle for succession plots/an arc

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by yforever125, Aug 21, 2021.

1. yforever125

yforever125 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Genres, all no harem: Shoujo, BL, Shounen, GL

Do you have any recs (bonus points if it has a manga/webtoon or is a manga/webtoon) for ambitious main characters (more bonus points if they're female) where they're competing to be heir, either if it's the entire plotline or if it's just one arc in the story?
    You can rec if a supporting character (another bonus point if they're female) is competing for succession and the MC is supporting them or something too.

Ones like:
    I'll Be The Matriarch In This Life / In This Life, I will be The Lord
    Succession for FMC to be the head is majority of the story.
    Survive as the Hero's Wife / novel
    FMC and ML support their friend [female supporting character] to compete for succession.
    You Own My All / The Wife Is First
    MC is genuinely supporting his elder brother for him to succeed the throne (this is especially fun to read since it's uncharacteristic for princes of ancient chinese ambience stories where they act like they don't even have a drop of blood relation:blobjoy:)​

I don't really want ones wear the MCs are unwilling yet forced to succeed/participate, like The Princess Pretends to Be Crazy / novel (imo, this particular story is kind of cringe. Something about neurotypicals pretending to neurodivergent is :hmm::blobtired:, but I'd still read this story if I'm lacking entertainment:blobjoy:)

NOT looking for ones where MCs (male or female) is practically centered around his/her ML's succession! I have plenty of those already:blobjoy::blobjoy:
    (Unlesss it's about male mc supporting his female ML:hmm::blobhyperthink:)

I don't read shounens often so I want to branch out and see. The romance in shounen don't really have real chemistry with their FMLs or FMLs are kind of one-dimensional (I'm trying to really kindly say annoying). This, or male MCs have incredible friendships ( :aww::blobsmilehappyeyes: i love btw)
    If there's romance, please rec tolerable (or even amazing ones). The safer rec is no romance ones.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2021