Memories of the Moonlit Sky

Discussion in 'Community Fictions' started by Kraust Howzer, Mar 8, 2016.

1. Kraust Howzer

Kraust Howzer The mysterious person of NUF

Reading List:
    Link
    Umu hello guys and welcome to my amateurish story. This will be my very first story and please give me some pointers when there's some grammars issues and stuff. The story will be on a 3rd person basis. My 1st person basis sucks so I can't do that yet. Criticism is very much welcome but please criticize it gently. Since it's gonna be my first story, I'm scared to death and embarrassed at the same time because it might not like to the others likes and taste. Umu I'll be also honest. The cast here are some forumers here. With their permission, I used them as my characters in order to make this story. So umm I hope I did justice on them. Again I'll try to not slack off since I made this story. Err I'll try. Umu anyway. The title is called "Memories of the Moonlit Sky". Like I said earlier it will be a 3rd person basis about the MC who has lost his memories. For now that's all I can say.

Synopsis:

Excerpt from the tales of the Bard Zeph Hesterberg

The very story of history is like flowing water. Time is like water. It is ever flowing. I've been a bard all of my life. I have seen kingdoms and empires rise and fall. I have met many people whether it was a kid, a sexy and gorgeous lady or a tyrannic king. But he, he was very different than all the rest. Let me tell you something about him. He who has no recollection of who he is saved a certain blonde princess and her kingdom from certain destruction. He has also cured a certain blonde princess' illness that was deemed incurable. He who lost his memories went to many wars to stop it. He who has lost someone dear fulfilled her wish. He who despite having no recollection of who he was has made new memories so that he could call it his own. He was the one who made this whole continent be brought a whole new future.

Genre:Adventure, War, Comedy, Fantasy, Memory loss and Romance

Schedule:I'll try to post a new chapter after getting a spark of inspiration

-o-o-o-Table of Contents-o-o-o-
    Book 1 - The boy with lost memories
    Prologue Chapter - The boy with lost memories
    P.S: I thank @Night-Rain -kun and @Ldyrdy nii-chan for helping me think up a good story title for me.

2. Kraust Howzer

Reading List:
    Link
    Prologue Chapter: The boy with lost memories

The Town of Alderita is situated in the southern forest of the Albus Kingdom. It has a population of a thousand people and has rich greenery and soil, which they could produce crops to sell to merchants. The town is also very far away from Arma, the kingdom capital, so they could only get supplies whenever merchant caravans visits their village. The town also has a flowing river just outskirts of the entrance. The only thing keeping this town alive is because of a structure which was placed around the exit of the town.

"Welcome!" said the manly voice.

"Hahaha, Darren it's seems that your daughter has kicked you out of the kitchen again." said by a travelling merchant as he sat on his table.

"'Hmph". *snorts the manly man called Darren. "That daughter of mine was always like her mother in the past. She always nags about the kitchen being their barracks and yada yada yada."

"Dad I can hear you you know." said by a young female voice.

"Umu. Err right Verdalia what do you want? The same as usual?" Darren said as he shivers from her daughters words earlier.

"Right, same as usual. I know that I have been eating the same thing over and over again whenever I come to your restaurant but I can't help. Your daughter's cooking is that good." Verdalia said as he praises Darren's daughter.

"Heh" *he laughs* "That's because she's my cute daughter. She looked up to her mother that's why she can cook so heavenly." Darren laughs as he said those words.

"Heh like you can talk. If only you can learn how to cook like your daughter, she wouldn't be manning the kitchen."

"Umu, ok that's enough I know you're just teasing me for my lack of experience."

"Lack of experience? More like lack of expertise"

"Hey that's harsh you know. Did you just came here to tease me about my cooking or did you come here to eat my daughter's cooking?"

"Of course it's to eat your daughter's heavenly cooking!"

*Darren laughs*"Right then. One big Cibum Pulmenti with vegetables and 1 soft baked bread. Anything else Verdalia?" Darren said as he told Verdalia his usual order.

"None."

"Tria, the usual order for old Verdalia!" yelled by Darren's manly voice in a front.

"Oi, I'm not that old yet. I'm still in my 30's!" Verdalia rebuked Darren for calling him old.

"Ok dad stop talking and please serve this to Uncle Ver. One big Cibum Pulmenti with vegetables and 1 soft baked bread for uncle Verdal coming right up!" said the girl in the kitchen.

"Okay okay." Darren said as he served Verdalia's order.

That's right. The structure that was helping the town was Darren's restaurant called Ivalice.

The restaurant was started by him and his wife, Ivalice 17 years ago. Both husband and wife share a passion for cooking, but because of Darren's mediocre and amateur skills in cooking, Ivalice decided that she would be manning the kitchen and Darren would be manning the front which was to welcome guest and make them welcome. Their restaurant was very successful because of the couples personality and helped the town in its tourism.

They had a daughter, Triana, who also showed a passion for their love of cooking. Cooking for Triana was fun and exciting. She spent much of her younger years in the kitchen with her mom cooking together while her dad, Darren, manned the front. The parent and daughter shared a blissful life together as they operated their restaurant.

But that all changed when Ivalice got ill one fateful day. As usual, Darren manned the front while her wife manned the kitchen. Their daughter went out to get ingredients since they were running low on cabbages. He yelled a customer's order to make her wife acknowledge it, but Ivalice didn't shout back. Darren yelled the customer's order again and again she didn't reply back. Darren found it odd that his wife didn't reply so he excused himself to the customers and went to the kitchen. When he found his loving wife, Ivalice was on the floor sweating and having a hard time to breathe. Seeing that his wife was on the floor, shock filled his face. He swiftly scoops his wife on the floor and immediately carries her out of the kitchen. Shocked faces also filled the customers as Darren called out to one of them to get a doctor. It was almost sundown when she got home did young Triana found out about her mother fainting in the kitchen.

The doctor came out of the couples room and told Darren and young Triana that Ivalice was ill with an unknown chronic illness. According to the doctor, the symptoms were fever, low blood circulation and hard time breathing. Because the doctor didn't know what kind of illness Ivalice got, his assistance was only so much that he could do. Young Triana cried in her father's bosom while Darren doesn't know what to make of it. Father and daughter closed their restaurant to help Ivalice regain strength. For 2 years, Darren tried everything he could to save her loving wife. Herbs, medicine pills, etc. Even asking for a great priest help but they too gave up. At her last living moments of her life in her deathbed, Ivalice told his husband and daughter that it was ok. That they have tried enough. Tried hard enough to save her. Her last only wish for them was to reopen the restaurant they have built. The restaurant that was filled full of kindness and love. The dream that both husband and wife in the restaurant that they have built together.

That day, Ivalice finally succumbed to her illness. The town mourned for her loss. Family friends cried as their friend will finally know rest on her pain. She endured and fought her illness for 2 years because of her loving husband and supportive daughter who always believed that she would be fine. When young Triana lost her mother, she was 10 years old and Darren at the time was in his 30's. Now young Triana is a 17 year old young lady while his father Darren is now in his 40's

"WELCOME!" Darren welcomed the new batch of customers with his booming voice

-o-o-o-o-O-o-o-o-o-​

"Dad I'm gonna go out to buy new ingredients for tomorrow."

"Okay Tria. Be careful on the road okay?" Darren said

After operating their families restaurant, Triana left their place to buy a new batch of ingredients for tomorrow. She exited the town and went to the nearby village of Castellum.

While walking towards Castellum, Triana pondered what to cook for tomorrows menu. The Ivalice restaurant was known for its fresh ingredients, good food and their menus is always at least a new one every 2 weeks and tomorrow is indeed a new menu for the restaurant.

"Maybe I should do a vegetable and seafood menu for 2 weeks..."

As Triana continues to ponder for the new menu and walk the only bridge towards Castellum Village, she slightly saw a fainted person on the river water's edge when she suddenly turned her head.

"Hmm? Is that a person?"

She squinted her eyes to see properly.

"!!"

Triana panicked. Indeed there was a fainted person on the river. She immediately went to this persons aid to see. After 3 mins, she finally arrived at the river's edge to see this fainted person. She looked at this persons being.

The persons stature suggested it's a teenage boy

A short golden hair

Cute face

Average build and height

Wearing a sword on his waist

Wearing some kind of armor with on him

She pondered more but decided to stop as she immediately went to this persons side. When she went to the boys side, she was shocked to see his head bleeding.

"Hey! Hey! HEY! CAN YOU HEAR ME?!" yelled Triana to the boy to try and jolt him out of his unconscious state.

A few seconds later, the boy suddenly but slowly opened his eyes. His blood slowly dripping on the boys face. On the boys vision, he sees a young female. Apparently he was on her arms like a lover.

"S-s-sister..." the boy suddenly blurted out.

"What?!" Triana was shocked when she was called sister by the boy.

The boy closed his eyes again and apparently fainted for real this time due to blood loss.

"Wha...Stay with me! HEY! HEY!" Triana continued to jolt the boys unconscious state.

Little did she know that her meeting with this boy will forever change the shape of her life.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2016
    Ldyrdy, Night-Rain and SlashCrit like this.
  3. SlashCrit

SlashCrit 『Young King of ♥』『Lawyer/Bartender』

Reading List:
    Link
    So here's my take on this. Interesting synopsis and original naming sense.
    For the others, I would have liked if you made a proper image of the characters before getting into the nitty gritty of the main story. Like describing their features and such or why they even opened a restaurant in the first place, you know. Just to give it more depth.

Everything else is fine with some minor grammar mistakes. Also is the main character the girl? Hoping to see how well this turns out.

4. Kraust Howzer

Reading List:
    Link
    Umu Slash nii-chan the reason is there. The reason is they both share a passion for cooking. Umu I guess I lacked the necessary describing of features. I'll have to put that on the next chapter I suppose >.<

SlashCrit likes this.
  5. SlashCrit

SlashCrit 『Young King of ♥』『Lawyer/Bartender』

Reading List:
    Link
    Okay but needs a bit backstory for me. Also I'm not your niichan

6. Kraust Howzer

Reading List:
    Link
    umu okay. will be adding a bit of backstory on the next chapter then :3