MEN + Comment Approval on WW + Zongheng

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by rwxwuxiaworld, May 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rwxwuxiaworld

rwxwuxiaworld Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Was directed to an earlier post by a reader, but found that locked. Wanted to make a few things clear to everyone.

First of all, we love seeing genuine readers sharing other novels sites in comments, as it's obvious that readers love to introduce new books to each other. Where we draw the line is obvious spam (accounts with no history just posting links, etc.) or excessive posting. When one of these cases happens and its obvious that it is 'site-sponsored', we usually blacklist the account, the IP, AND certain keywords in question, to prevent them from multi-boxing and just keep on spamming with the new account. This has happened to quite a few sites and accounts over the years. Wow, has it actually been years since we set up WW? Sheesh!

In this case, the keyword 'wuxiadream' (and variations thereof) was set on the blacklist long ago so that any comments with it have to be manually approved, which takes anywhere from a few hours to a few days. They were on the blacklist for multi-spamming Wuxiaworld novels with links to their site, for trying to 'poach' DD2/DD3 from Wuxiaworld when we have the licenses AND started months ago, and for having people send death threats to Bagelson telling him to quit DD1 so they could translate it instead. I mean, Bagelson! Who the hell would send death threats to anyone over a damn translation, much less someone as genuinely nice as Bagelson?

The above aside, they just seem like asshats in general who show no respect towards the other translators, translation sites, and community in general. There's only ever been two sites that I've ever had on my 'shit-list'; one was XXW for setting up the fake Wuxiaworld aggregator (we traced it to their EXACT server), the second is Wuxiadream for sending other translators death threats (wtf?) and being asses in general.

Normally, we try to play super nice with the other sites. We recognize that, QI aside, Wuxiaworld is the 800 lb gorilla in our small community, and we bend over backwards to support smaller translators. As an example, we got the licenses for DD2 something like eight months ago, but we never touched that project because CookiePasta was working on it. Only when CookiePasta stopped translating (and we confirmed with them by email) did we start on that project, even though we had the license ages ago, all because we want to avoid causing drama and dispiriting other translators. But Wuxiadream? Yeah, sorry, fuck'm, esp. when we announced it months ago but were just waiting for licenses to get close to the finishing stage. And that's not even getting into all of their other shit, like how they stole (copy/pasted onto their site) Wuxiaworld translations and other translations before realizing our stuff is actually licensed and we could actually go after their sorry butts.

There will be a lot of Zongheng novels coming up on WW in the next few months, most of them starting from scratch but at high speeds. These are all novels that we have licenses for. WW is now big enough that we generally try to get the licenses before we start for brand new projects, just because a lot of eyes in China are looking at us. This sometimes causes short delays, but it enhances our long-term viability and success, which is good for readers in the long run! Look for King of Myriad Domains, as well as quite a few others. Cheers! :)

Last edited: May 14, 2017
  2. TheUnbreakablePlotArmor

TheUnbreakablePlotArmor Mt.Tai cannot see me, as you cannot see Mt.tai

Reading List:
    Link
    "wow, this is pretty crazy"

3. Linbe

Linbe New member

Reading List:
    Link
    Have I ever told you that you're awesome rwx?.....cuz you're awesome

Lonelycity, Lazybum0, Aiiee and 2 others like this.
  4. I Eat Monsanto

I Eat Monsanto He who courts death

Reading List:
    Link
    Why do people even send death threats via internet, like do you actually think I believe you can kill me?

Gunji Murgi, Wiger98, Pau and 5 others like this.
  5. arceus

arceus The Invisible Reader

Reading List:
    Link
    @rwxwuxiaworld Glad to hear it. Looking forward to King of Myriad Domains. Hope you pick up Immortal(Imperial) God Emperor as well. Such a good novel spoiled by the mtl of that damned website that is asking for money for sponsored mtl chapters is a travesty to the translation community in and of itself.

6. Kaizoku_kc

Kaizoku_kc Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    once upon a time, i used to wait for you to finish translating and posting coiling dragon but now being able to see you achieve so many great things makes me proud. always support for RWX

Too Honest, jimmy1989 and runsing like this.
  7. Elion

Elion Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  8. KickInator

KickInator I am Indian bc

Reading List:
    Link
    My faith was not shaken my lord!

THESE HERETICS SHALL BE PURGED!!!!!!:mad:

Black Frost likes this.
  9. MangoGuy

MangoGuy Rambling Mango

Reading List:
    Link
    Imperial God Emperor. Please .also....if overlord Ren says someone is an A-hole... You know they are more than that.

Gunji Murgi, a101011, Aiiee and 4 others like this.
  10. Elion

Elion Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    upload_2017-5-14_19-2-1.png

... Ah well Do you think we can't use space to go to his home :p

11. mmsupreme

mmsupreme How do I change my custom title?

Reading List:
    Link
    Any ideas about stealing the heavens

12. Jigoku Shounen

Jigoku Shounen An Envoy From Hell

Reading List:
    Link
    Wuxiadream again?

13. Archaic pickle

Archaic pickle Daoist Heavenly Kimichi

Reading List:
    Link
    Yay, thank you for letting us know >.>
    Also good job magical girl ren-chan for using your magic powers to blacklist that group

Aiiee, Too Honest and runsing like this.
  14. Indiboy

Indiboy Well Known boi

Reading List:
    Link
  15. Goatse

Goatse Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Nice! Flexing those muscles to show the world how much power WW has over those smaller, scummy, translation sites; gotta put those censors and filters on rampant bot advertising to keep them in their place. Great job, RWX. Keep it up!

16. jazer009

jazer009 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wuxiadream....pfft.. not enought to reach the apex

17. Deleted member 41274

Deleted member 41274 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Sad part is that people even hire assassins, but threatening people is bad enough

18. dlist

dlist Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    as long kira have u photo and name, a swipe in death note and u are gone within 60 sec with heart attack and with specified action before u dead like delete all hidden folder in u hdd.
    [​IMG]

19. Guan Zhong

Guan Zhong Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The thing to keep in mind about this and other requests is that we gotta have a translator who wants to translate it. We don't have a holding pen of translators waiting for an assignment. So a translator picking it up is step one.

Aiiee likes this.
  20. Danis

Danis {(Harem Sect Leader)}{Trickster}&{Lurker}

Reading List:
    Link
    pick more harem Novel !!!

Cupcake Ninja and runsing like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.