Spoiler Meng Shi Zai Shang

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Karamell, Mar 10, 2019.

1. HappySheep00

HappySheep00 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    As far as I can remember,
    Ye chen yuan was gravely injured from the ice needles and yuan chu gave him some medicinal wine, mouth to mouth. They were inside the clam at that point. With the clam tightly closed (they were underwater, i think, being washed downriver). YCY woke up when YC was kissing him (i don't remember exactly) and he was all "master's grown up body" and "master doesn't realize I know it's her" and finally deciding to "the hell with the master-disciple relationship, right now master is in disguise so she won't blame me if I take advantage"

So the hormonal teen pushed her down and started French kissing her... As in deeply, seriously eating at her mouth. His hands also started moving actively, groping around, if you know what I mean... (this hormonal teenager... tsk) And then that's when YC became so flustered she cannot maintain the disguise anymore and, before YCY can go any farther than mere groping (iirc i think he started fiddling at the clothes at this point, or at least trying to get his hands beneath it... the mtl was a bit choppy... or probably just my imagination «hides»).
    Anyway, the disguise came off and to avoid getting busted, YCY feigned surprise and was all "master, is that you? " Poor YC thought that it was she that was to blame for the inappropriate acts of her disciple bec of her disguise. YCY is really thick skinned when staying at his Master's side is at stake

Eraien, babayagu, Neyva and 7 others like this.
  2. The_Great_ASK

The_Great_ASK Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Okay
    I'm a little too lazy.
    So, I've got some doubts and I hope someone can clarify.

• Does the novel end well?
    • Is there weird NTR or similar shit? :blobspearpeek::blobspearpeek::blobspearpeek:
    Thanks in advance! :blobsalute::blobsalute:

Mikaa likes this.
  3. HappySheep00

Reading List:
    Link
    Afaik, it is a happy ending... After several thousand chapters :blobcheeky:

There is not really any ntr... The ML maintains a close watch on MC and eliminates any potential rivals, and the MC is more of an asexual all-loving hero. She is very dense bec she considers herelf as a child and that no one would think romantically of a child :blobsmirk:, not to mention her heart's seal that prevents her from falling in love AT ALL.
    Most of the interactions of the MC and rival males are played for laughs with the MC friendzoning each and every one of them (heck, she diciple-zoned the ML for several thousand chapters until presented with evidence beyond reasonable doubt that the ML's feelings are anything BUT platonic, and even then she is in denial and tried to pretend she did not see It)

4. CoweyBell

CoweyBell Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    LOOOOOOOOOOOOL, EVIDENCE BEYOND REASONABLE DOUBT

5. Milwa

Milwa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    quite a typical reincarnation story huh

6. The_Great_ASK

The_Great_ASK Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Noice!:blobparty::blobparty:
    I don't mind the several thousand chapters as long as it doesn't get weird or terribly boring.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

So, they (MC and the ML) do end up together, right? If not,┻━┻︵ \(°□°)/ ︵ ┻━┻
    :blobjoy::blobjoy:

Daisychangedhermind and Mikaa like this.
  7. Lazylady01

Lazylady01 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    By the way, I just noticed a sequel of the novel (probably). It's a modern version titled:
    *Guide to A Male God Chasing His Wife*
    It's a manhua :v

8. Aquaa

Aquaa 『We Lost The Summer』

Reading List:
    Link
    Yep its alternative story , seems really gooood

9. Dragon_Reader

Dragon_Reader Humans just don't taste as good as books \( ̄ハ ̄)

Reading List:
    Link
    UwU Link pls?

On this manga, from what I read ahead in the raws, the artist is low-balling ML yandereness a lot. For eg - while him biting her is there, the rest aka sleep spell + deliberate kissing/ biting is missing. In the manga he just carries her on his back. Many such scenes have been cut out. I guess the artist is trying to straddle the line between extreme yandereness and a story that will appeal to majority of readers.

Till now, the manga does not have sleep kissing scenes. MC is awake/ in a diff form for most of the kisses. So many readers would not prefer creepy shit like that so I think the author is keeping it so that most readers will only saw 'awww' and not 'eeeek'.

Even for the romance, MC has already once dreamt of ML's grown-up figure in sensual settings and has started to blush and wonder why she is feeling so hot/ flushed/ bothered by ML's not-so-innocent acts. Maybe the manga is setting up the romance to go a little faster than the several 1000s chaps of novel?

Edit - and the time-line in manga is messed up. Currently, in the high mystic realm, she reveals to that white-haired boy who has a crush on her that she is 6 years old. But after they solve the issue of that pink-haired chick and that white thorny stuff on her hands, in the raw manga, she gets her period. So uh is she 6 or did she lie to the white-haired boy or what the heck is happening in the manga timeline lmaoo

Edit 2 - As for his mental instability. I guess he's like - wtf I shattered my damn soul for the girl and still there are other mofos who have done absolutely nothing trying to get my girl ughhhh kill kill kill kill

Last edited: Oct 6, 2020
  10. Aquaa

Reading List:
    Link
    Its on mangadex owo

11. Serphinalily

Serphinalily Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The timeline isn't messed up. If you refer back to that page, I think you can see that she thinks to herself that she should lie and claim her age is younger than it actually is so the boy won't see her as a potential love interest. We see that it doesn't really work though.

12. Cuddles You

Cuddles You Eternal East Wind

Reading List:
    Link
  13. Aj90

Aj90 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Any spoilers on the college arc? Want to know what happens to that green tea chick that's in love with ml

14. HappySheep00

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, it's HE. I skipped to the last few chapters and
    it's their wedding! It's quite funny bec there is a scene where the second male leads (note: there is more than one 2nd ML) were drinking and commiserating about how unfair YCY is but they still wished YC happiness :blobrofl:

15. HappySheep00

Reading List:
    Link
    The college arc is pretty long and there are a lot of subarcs, including the short vacation back to YC's sect, going on the sword realm to get the antique sword (which is quite the funny and harassed sentient sword, poor sword!) hatching of the white dragon, and exposing the fraud grandson. As for the green tea b*tch, she got her comeuppance with the fraudulent grandson...

If you want more details, I would need to revisit the MTL tho.. Since i had forgotten the exact sequence where the subarcs occur..

Oh, and there is a very cute and fluffy part where YC celebrated YCY's birthday

Eraien, babayagu, Wen Rou and 4 others like this.
  16. Aquaa

Reading List:
    Link
    more on college arc pleaseeeee

17. HappySheep00

Reading List:
    Link
    I think its more like a sequel since
    The last chapter of the series is where YCY is finalizing/nagging his son to take care of his little sister while he and YC will be away (they have two kids, and older brother and a younger sister, accdng to MTL) because YCY will be following /going with(?) (the MTL is not clear here) YC back to her previous world (modern era) because of her unfinished business, which was heavily implied to be savibg her father from her relatives-basically the premise of the modern au

Eraien, babayagu, Wen Rou and 4 others like this.
  18. Aquaa

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh woa :)

elparis likes this.
  19. CoweyBell

CoweyBell Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This makes a lot more sense now because I read the sequel and had zero context, LOL
    THANKS!

Daisychangedhermind and elparis like this.
  20. elparis

elparis [Panda Warrior]

Reading List:
    Link
    can someone spoil me on both the ML & MC's parent story? like how long will this take to be resolved?

Daisychangedhermind and Aquaa like this.