Merin The Mermaid Webtoon Discussion

Discussion in 'Manga Discussion' started by Valentine3201, Nov 28, 2020.

1. Valentine3201

Valentine3201 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello,

I just recently finished reading a Webtoon called, “Merin The Mermaid.”
    The story is about Mermaids, with their sweet voices and beautiful looks, must seduce humans to feed on their hearts. But Dee refused to eat the heart of Lewen, the Prince of Erenbur, after falling in love with him. In return, she lost her voice, but gained two legs and a chance to meet her prince again on land. Meanwhile, Lewen's elder brother, Lewinel, returns home with Princess Irena of Ladivita, whom he has to marry for the sake of his nation. But when these four come together, everything will be thrown into chaos...?

[​IMG]

The reason why I created this discussion post was to discuss about the ending. If you haven’t read it, it is a good read. HOWEVER, it ends on a very sorrowful note that mirrors the dark original “Little Mermaid” ending.

The Webtoon ends on a very tragic note in both the main story and the side story. Like the original story of the “Little Mermaid,” Merin’s love interest (Lewin) ends up with another girl. Merin is then killed and turns into sea-foam. What I wanna know is did Lewin every love her? (I assume that he did love Merin, but not Merin the human. Instead Lewin loved the mermaid identity of Merin, who is Dee. I also want to know why Lewin left the necklace on Lewinel’s grave. The necklace is a symbolic representation of the mermaid’s love for humans. Merin loved Lewin, so I thought Lewin would keep the necklace because of the meaning behind it. However, Lewin leaves the necklace on his brother’s grave. In which, the webtoon states that in the even in the end, the mermaid still loved the human. I am confused on the ending and the feelings of Lewin towards Merin/Dee. If anyone else has read it, please humor me on your take of the ending!

Scapezz likes this.
  2. Anra7777

Anra7777 All powerful magic grammar hamster queen pirate.

Reading List:
    Link
    Sounds a bit interesting. Where can I find it? (I searched Webtoon and Mangadex and didn’t see it.)

Valentine3201 likes this.
  3. Valentine3201

Valentine3201 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Anra7777 likes this.