Message from Reverend Insanity's author

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by SamStrike, Mar 9, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pastlover

pastlover Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I just hope that the author will have a break through in his depression, he's a very talented author and the world he creates project a very imaginable world.

2. Daiosta_Pica_Dura

Daiosta_Pica_Dura Member

Reading List:
    Link
    RI is the best CN I read to this day. Period.

The spoiler tag will contain spoilers of the last chapters (2300+) released. I wont give any details, but I will talk about the overall situation at the beginning of the latest saga and I will give my take on why the novel was banned. So, be advised.

Specially after Fang Yuan becomes a Venerable. It became so much more interesting. The political struggle and the dynamics of the 3 Venerables and all the mistery lurking in Gloomy Soul and the other Venerables not yet reborn. It really was "The Great Era" of this novel.

And i think this last saga was the reason of the ban. Didnt you guys find the situation too identical to our real world?

3 super powers. 3 super countries
    Giant Sun - treats the whole north as his family home ... feels like Russia.
    Central continent - sect system focused on talents, not on families, but still retain a strong leadership with great control over the region ... feels like USA
    Fang Yuan - Deals cheaply with anyone from other regions, no strings attached, but treats his own people (nonhumans in his apperture and eastern Sea Alliance) with rigor, almost as slaves, but in a way that they dont feel like it... to me, feels like China opening their market while oppressing their own chinese people, giving some confort while taking their freedom. And some other people said in other posts that chinese people really are fanatical about their country and their leaders. Its too coincidental!

This kind of reading is too dangerous to the chinese government. On one hand, they cant ban it openly, since it would bring too much atention and people would find ways to read it and would know exactly what to look for. On the other hand, they cant let it continue growing and shining. The author's writing quality kept improving by miles and bounds and soon It would attract more and more readers. So chinese gov acted in the same way the venerables acted: "you will do as I say. And I dont need to give any reason."

RI author is extremelly inteligent and insightful. To me, he really understands many of the underlying truths of this world. The way he creates his plots is absolutelly masterful. Goddamnit, since the beginning he was preparing to the ending. The world he created was so rich, the cultivation system so well thought out, the interactions between characters so full of surprises (and hardly there is an asspull solution). People who says it is edge deserves Martial God Asura kind of novel.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2020
  3. MikeReich

MikeReich New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I stumbled upon this thread after googling the author for a while. My heart goes out to him. I hope that a day comes when he can write freely, write anything he wants to write.

Even if the novel is banned, there is no doubt that Reverend Insanity has inspired and will continue to inspire people all over the world.

Deleted member 89812 likes this.
  4. Soulblade831

Soulblade831 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Um...hope that was a joke....if so...haha

5. giratina143

giratina143 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I want to start this novel , but seeing how it may never be completed, I just can’t:(

6. Lord of sin

Lord of sin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i just started reading RI up to the 70's and gotta say i love it so far and from what i know its consistent or gets better but i gotta question. is there a romance of sorts so far, weather its a yes or no ill still continue.

7. bkwusa

bkwusa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You can start it, just stop after Fate Gu gets destroyed. I believe it's chapter 1800 or so. It's a good ending spot. The next major arc is incomplete so yeah...

giratina143 likes this.
  8. Astaroth

Astaroth empty

Reading List:
    Link
    It's chapter 1966, I know cause I've got the novel on hold right after

9. Spirit Needle

Spirit Needle Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    无限 might be "no limit"? Just a conjecture.

10. FIEND

FIEND i eat crayons

Reading List:
    Link
    So us he finishing this novrl in secret

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.