Discussion ML is Secretly Royalty :blobpensive:

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Orris, Mar 25, 2023.

?

Is "Secret Prince" overused?

1. Yes

90.9%
  2. No

9.1%
  1. Orris

Orris 『 最 強 ⑨ ~ 』

Reading List:
    Link
    ive seen this happen in FMC stories where she encounters some random (probablyalways handsome) guy and they get along, then in 10~55 chapters the author reveals to the readers that ML is actually also the crown prince, but is hiding his identity as a secret because of blah blah blah reason who could have guessed right? :blobwhistle::blobwhistle::blobwhistle:

...does anyone else also feel let down when they read that kind of thing? :blobpopcorn_two: at this point tbh if i read a story where ML has a really "plain" background and a hidden identity i'd be very surprised if his hidden identity isn't the crown prince of richandpowerfulsuperiorland or the founder/ceo of iownliterallyeverything corp :blob_catflip::blob_catflip::blob_catflip:

im desperate for anything else, really :blobpensive:
    literally any other prestigious position is fine, just please not prince :blobsob:

hypersniper159, TXHY and ReaderReader like this.
  2. Shaiole

Shaiole Mad scientist

Reading List:
    Link
    Yea... and if it is a modern story it would be. Son(mostly heirs) of the <<very rich business owner/CEO>> or the ceo themselves.

Orris and TXHY like this.
  3. TXHY

TXHY Normal Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That's why Level 99 Villainess Daughter left a great impression on me, despite any negative points it has, precisely because the ML is not a (crown) prince or prime minister-to-be or son of the knight captain or a magic genius or whatsoever. He is the third(? forgot the number) son of a countryside margrave, won't be first in line of his family's succession, and he will even adopt MC's surname once they're married. Quite a rare find in typical otome game/villainess JP novels tbh

Orris likes this.