LCD MMORPG: Martial Gamer

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Nekorin, Mar 7, 2018.

1. Alski

Alski <Insert other title here> Level 25

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybe this MC will remain dumb too, just gota give it more time to see.

2. Black Parcher

Black Parcher The Eternal World Wanderer

Reading List:
    Link
    They deemed it trash because the pugilist class was trash in the previous games they played

I understand and still have some hope that he will get better as the story progresses

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 19, 2018
  3. bonifide

bonifide Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hopefully he grows even though he's that damn old. He doesn't have to know the game like everybody else but to get scam by people will annoy me. I just don't want him to be some type of hero. I hope he starts playing with his wife soon.

I just hope this shit dont turn into some major sci-fi real shit. Author already hinting at it too. MC basically said he's nerfed in the game compared to his real self. So this dude must be a real cultivator lol.

4. Someguy666

Someguy666 MILF Sect Leader

Reading List:
    Link
    This is only amusing if you don't take it as a Gamer Genre novel but as a comedy.

5. bonifide

Reading List:
    Link
    I just looked at the author of this novel "Immortal Iron Bull".

Chapters 29 and 30 already got me looking at this novel negatively. So that stupid girl know it was Iron Bull but dont say shit to other people when she knew it was him. She is already a source of trouble plus she likes the MC. If the author pulls some harem bullshit I'm probably going to drop this. I'm already getting Virtual World: Peerless White Emperor vibes from this. If she stalks the MC and tries to tell him what to do all the time somebody let me know so I can drop it now.

6. sadmanex

sadmanex [I'm popular too]

Reading List:
    Link
    please dont compare this novel to peerless white emperor. that story keep reusing same joke, stupid mc that beyond redemption but with high luck friends.and yet many reader praise it.

7. bonifide

Reading List:
    Link
    LOL It got the vibes right now tbh. I hope his guild be the ones who get together with them 4 females. I hope he goes on a solo adventure with his wife but I doubt she can play with him.

So far I really like this crazy guild they aren't useless. Now if them females become useful I won't have too much of a problem. Either way the MC is still nerfed. lol

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 19, 2018
  8. LaDyViL

LaDyViL New Member Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There's a +Quote on each NUF posts, Use them instead of creating double posts. YouYcan also use the Reply option on each post as you typed your reply for fast quoting.

What is double post? That's back-to-back posting without another post by another person in-between. Why can't you do it? It's against the forum rules.

9. Black Parcher

Black Parcher The Eternal World Wanderer

Reading List:
    Link
    Huh I think I made one post at beginning before everyone else when first came out asking what people thought but then a few days later someone else post but as lcd but didn't link my old post yea really confused right now. Even though I did talk in the new post that didn't link to my old one.

10. LaDyViL

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, I've just merged 1 triple posts and 2 double posts you recently did, thus the reminder.

You know, this is better asked at the Spoilers section. I've seen 2 spoiler threads about it. From what I've seen,
    It's not harem in the way that Wang Yu has relationship with them, but he's pretty much surrounded by potential harem members

For discussion about future chapters, please head on to the Spoilers section.

11. keima

keima Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Omg sorry thought this was the spoiler thread. Okay im off to the spoiler thread~

12. bonifide

Reading List:
    Link
    If it was the same post over and over that was probably my fault then. Since this shitty dell laptop always losing connection and I hit reply so it might be trying over and over.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2018
  13. tides

tides Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    its probably going to be harem as in they like him but he doesnt. so nothing ever happens.

the harem tag is full of shit anyway. harem means they r dating/couple/marriage. not going on adventures together.

there r lots of novels with harem tag but they dont' even hold hands.

Black Parcher likes this.
  14. Astaroth

Astaroth empty

Reading List:
    Link
    This is probably the first VRMMORPG novel where I enjoy the IRL talk stuff. Like instead of some martial arts hero undercover cop super agent fighting against some kind of conspiracy or whatever, it's just regular stuff.

Like, common banter and jokes. Simple but good. TKA also has some of this stuff, but generally it's more about the accurate portrayal of the ingame & reactions. Here it's not so much about the game per se as it's about just them talking a bit about their daily life. Chapter 75 in particular here.

Like some might call this filler, but this is the right way to give backstory and life to your characters. This isn't a long wall of text of useless information, you get to learn about the characters in the novel which just really helps with the immersion.

LaDyViL and Transcribe like this.
  15. LaDyViL

Reading List:
    Link
    I like how the players can get conflicting quests. And those crazy guild mate of his.

16. TheJudge

TheJudge Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    OG is miles better than this novel. The MC from OG actually learns and improves from his mistakes whereas the MC here is all brawn and has the temper of a 8 year old. The story/writer shows no signs of improving how the MC acts either, all he writes about is how his imaginary self gets all the girls and is invincible.

I admit that OG started out badly, but the MC showed improvement and he doesn't always get what he wants later in the story and get this guys, he actually loses fights in the game (WHOA omg he lost a match, ima drop this shit now). Whereas the MC here just goes hulk mode on anyone that pisses him off, and you expect to tell me that the garbage he writes is believable? The game is just far too unbalanced. There's already dozens of translated novels exactly like this one and some better than this.

If you're a teen or like acting like a kid where you think you'll get everything in life without any effort, then this is a great novel to read. Else read OG instead. I still read some of the novels even though i gave the novel a low rating in hopes of the story improving, but 85% of the time you either get a good novel to read right from the start or a novel that is biased, unbalanced, or with the MC getting everything he wants with very little work involved that will never change throughout the story. OG is one of the few that actually improved the more you read.

17. Astaroth

Astaroth empty

Reading List:
    Link
    For the record, if this novel was only about a mmorpg newbie with a martial arts background and all the ingame stuff was all there is, I wouldn't be reading. This is pretty much a slice of life novel in a VR MMORPG setting. If I was taking the game mechanics seriously it would be one of the most dumb games.

I haven't read Over Geared, but I've heard that it's another LMS wannabe. No idea whether that's true or not, but I doubt that it's better than LMS (or tbh even half as good). And LMS is pretty much the top dog for VRMMORPGs.

So if it's for a more serious MMORPG experience, that's what I would recommend. I don't really think that Martial Gamer has any conflict with these since if you're reading & enjoying the novel it's for a very different reason than say LMS.

18. TheHoblit

TheHoblit Peak Dual-Cultivator

Reading List:
    Link
    it's all opinion at that point, I like Overgeared more than LMS, LMS had shit romance and the plot felt stale after volume 10 to me. Overgeared has more content outside the game and better progression inside the game IMO

gary0044187 likes this.
  19. Fluffy Jellyfish

Fluffy Jellyfish 『Number 1 Lolicon under Heaven』

Reading List:
    Link
    Wang Yu and Mu Xi Zian as frontliner? :blobfearful:
    Holy shit, actually a female lead in VR that is not an assassin or DPS-class based
    Curious to see the development of Mu Xi Zian in the game and their relationship in bed ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° )

gary0044187 likes this.
  20. Astaroth

Astaroth empty

Reading List:
    Link
    Well I haven't read it so I don't know, but which one is better isn't really my point, my point is that they're another type of novel compared to Martial Gamer. Basically different genres that just happen to share the VRMMORPG setting.

So far, even though most of the chapters have taken place inside the game, Martial Gamer hasn't really been about the game or how MC is an insanely OP anomaly that would never happen in a legit game.

As for whether OG or LMS is the better novel, sure that's about opinions, but the only reason I brought up LMS is because I haven't read OG, but it at least appears to be in a similar vein of VRMMORPG novels.