Recommendations Modern Day Romance

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Crystle940, Mar 1, 2020.

1. Crystle940

Crystle940 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi, I’m looking for some modern day romance without any magic, supernatural, system, reborn etc. Just pure modern day romance, with HE. I don’t mind BL/GL/hetero... CL raws are fine...

Examples:
    Your distance
    Loneliness
    I don’t like the world, I only like you
    Full Of My Love To You

2. ThunderingSnow

ThunderingSnow Sipping up a cup of chaotic good...and boba

Reading List:
    Link
  3. Yukari_me

Yukari_me I Gotta Put Me First

Reading List:
    Link
  4. Walter vi Britannia

Walter vi Britannia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Completely Translated:
    When A Snail Loves
    Flash Marriage
    The Probability I Can Kill My Wife Without Being Found Out and A Game To Make Him Fall (Same story, different PoV.)
    A Slight Smile is Very Charming
    The Destruction of a Triad Boss Trilogy

Still being translated...most of them...I think?:
    (Female MC)
    He’s Mine, No Objections Allowed
    Stolen Love
    Dudu’s Diary
    She Become Sweet and Cuddly
    Meshitaki Onna ni Yakuza no Ai wa Omosugiru
    5 Big Shots Kneeled and Called Me Mom
    I Seem Unsuited for Dating
    Black Bellied President Dotes on Wife
    Honey Stewed Squid
    (Male MC)
    Why Is the Prettiest Girl in School Trying to Talk to a Loner Like Me during Lunch Break?
    Hyouka
    My Best Friend Became A Transsexual Girl, And Says He Wants to Marry Me, But I’ll Flat Out Refuse. (Gender-Bender. MC is still male, the love-interest gets gender bent I believe.)

Here you go. Just a warning, I have literally not read ANY of them...except the last two. The last one only has 2 chapters and is probably dropped (as most gender benders tend to be) and the one before that...well, the romance in it is very questionable; minimal to the point that it almost feels like there is none at all sometimes. (But the last volume ended with some sort of mysterious cliffhanger which might lead to a progress in the romance department...or something even bigger and completely different. Being a sort of detective novel, it's probably gonna be the latter...but I like to consider the other possibility to still be very plausible.)

Anyway, since I have read none of them I don't know how good or bad they are nor can I be sure if there is some sort of magic involved in it or not in some part of the story. All I know is that they caught my attention enough to be in my reading list in the first place. If you're not sure, just go based on the ratings. Since the good rated ones are never lies (the bad rated ones are sometimes lies though. Like, a really good novel might be rated really badly because of some people's pet peeves or something...like suddenly having BL or something, or the FL not being a virgin like in Kannagi. lol). Whatever the case, if it's rated highly it's always a good one...wait, I just thought of a lot of stuff I absolutely hate to the core of my being that are rated super highly. Ok, fuck me. Forget everything I said!

Last edited: Mar 1, 2020
    ThunderingSnow and Crystle940 like this.
  5. Suranchan

Suranchan ♥‿♥♥‿♥

Reading List:
    Link