Novel Money-Grabbing Daoist

Discussion in 'Community Fictions' started by ZuluA, May 20, 2018.

1. ZuluA

ZuluA Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]

Money-Grabbing Daoist

Synopsis: It is said that to reach the peak, one must let go of all material thoughts, feelings, and desires.

In the pursuit of power, one must focus diligently on training the soul and forsake everything else.

Obviously, whoever said those things had never met "Money-Grabber" Yu Yin!

Genres: Action, Adventure, Eastern Fantasy, Cultivation, Romance

To get ahead on chapters, read my novel here:
    https://www.webnovel.com/profile/4300380596
    (Mobile link) https://m.webnovel.com/book/10488347305044605?keyword=Money-&source=auto

For those wondering about the cover, it was lovingly made by Shizen1102 especially for this novel. Check her out here:https://shizen1102.deviantart.com

Table of contents

Last edited: May 20, 2018
  2. ZuluA

ZuluA Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 1 - Get Rich Guru: Yu Yin

The Silver Horned Qilin, is said to be one of the most extraordinary, unique and of course rarest magical creatures in existence. Known for their magnificent strength and divine demeanour, very few people knew if such things really existed. The Silver Horned Qilin's mythical nature however, meant that rumours and fable never stopped appearing! It was thought that these legendary majestic beasts are descendants of the gods and could only give birth once every 100,000 years! Tales of these idolising creatures could be often heard to inspire young children and to encourage passionate young men, fuelling them to fulfil their dreams. Such tales described the mythical Silver Horned Qilin appearing to honest, brave adventures and granting them unrivalled strength overnight!

Some of the stories didn't so much specify the nature of the beast itself, but instead they described the otherworldly properties of their horns. Rumours said that there is simply no illness, disease or injury of which the marrow of a Silver Qilin horn cannot cure. A full recovery would be always guaranteed! They said a Silver Qilin horn if made into a medicinal pill could allow a mere mortal to live over 3000 years, something known to be impossible! Most importantly, one story said that if the essence of a Silver Qilin horn was absorbed, it could enhance a person's talent in soul cultivation by at least 10 times. Such things were simply unheard of in the cultivation world! It wasn't just medicine that Silver Qilin horns have a use for. Considering the nature of the powerful Silver Horned Qilins, it would be safe to say that their horns are almost, if not indestructible. A weapon made out such a thing would surely be a worthy equipment for an immortal emperor of the highest degree! A Silver Qilin horn, if real, would definitely be a SSS-rank treasure!

There we're always a few people who took such rumours very seriously, so much so that they would stop at nothing to obtain one of these horns. Most of these people were actually the leaders of powerful sects and clans. Figures who rule over multiple worlds with an iron fist! Unlike the vast population of the lands, they knew more of the truth about these matters. They knew the Silver Horned Qilin was more than just a myth, and that all the stories told were true! Therefore, if any of them heard news of a Silver Horned Qilin or its horns, a bloodbath would surely ensue!

At the northern region of the Frigid Enigma Continent, in a country named "Evergreen", was a small remote mountain range. A small mansion stood upon a particular hill in this mountain range. In this mansion, not one, but a pair of these very Silver Qilin Horns were being fawned over by a white haired youth! The youth was donned in long deep blue robes that looked like they must belong to royalty and was wearing a slightly damaged hiker's backpack. He looked around 16 years old and would be considered rather handsome, if it wasn't for the sharp look in his eye. This youth was named Yu Yin.

He was in a spacious room containing a wooden desk and many shelves upon shelves of books. In the corner of the room could be seen a large portrait of an old man with a oversized goatee. Yu Yin was sat at the desk, gazing at the Silver Qilin horns affectionately. He examined them from every angle possible, admiring their aesthetically pleasing appearance. The glowing silver horns were about a meter long with the base being seven inches thick. A few gold patterns could be seen snaking across its glossy exterior and its radiant silver sheen was illuminating the entire room, as if demonstrating its magnificence.

It actually didn't take much effort for Yu Yin to obtain these godly treasures. He just accidentally came across it while searching in his mother's treasury and couldn't help but take them for a small walk - permanently. As for where his mother got such things from, Yu Yin didn't like to think about it too much. His Mother's profound cultivation and her prideful demeanour was enough to deter him from snooping into such matters. Yu Yin looked at the Qilin horns as if he was looking at his lover. Although he didn't know how to utilise the horns' astonishing uses, that didn't matter to him! As long as he owned priceless treasures, that was all that mattered. He leaned close to them and spoke a gentle whisper.

"Don't worry my darlings, Daddy will find you some more friends by the end of the day"

At this moment, an old, scholarly looking man walked into the room. He was wearing expensive grey robes that must have been sewn from the finest of material. He had long, thin hair which had turned white with its age and on his chin he wore.....an oversized goatee! Surprisingly, his was the man depicted in the portrait! The old man looked at Yu Yin with a dumbfounded expression, to which the latter responded to with an innocent smile. After a few seconds, the old man suddenly awakened from his stupor and roared at Yu Yin!

"What in the..?! Who the hell are you?!! What are you doing in my home?!!"

"Why of course, I'm your long lost son! I'm returning home after a long, hard journey of adventure!"

Hearing Yu Yin's calm, melodramatic, and completely unexpected response, the old man was completely stupefied, not knowing quite what to do! He spoke again.

"I, Bai Chen, do not have any heirs in my family, and I never have had any! So tell me how exactly, you could be my son?"

"But Father, isn't it obvious? I resemble you so much in every way! We both bear a devilish handsomeness! We both display the aura of a heavenly king! We both have talents that men can only wish to have but not receive! And look, we even both have a full head of white hair!"

Bai Chen was feeling rather flattered until he heard that last part, at which point he almost coughed up a mouthful of blood! He was absolutely furious!

'He dare mock my old age!'

He quickly calmed down and pondered the situation. It was true that he had had a few flings over the years so this white haired youth in front of him could really be his son! Either way, he didn't care! There was no way he was going to take in a son at his age. All he needed to do was scare him off and the problem would be gone, just like that!

"Listen boy! I don't know anything about having a son so you'd better leave before things get ugly!"

Yu Yin looked like he a just been stabbed in the heart. He had a tremendously hurt expression on his face.

"How is it possible that father doesn't know of me?! Mother said you were a filial man who would definitely recognise me at a glance! This is impossible unless....."

Yu Yin let out a loud gasp and started talking to himself, occasionally shaking his head.

"Unless....No!.....That can't be the case...Maybe...No! He would never.....But still...."

He looked up at Bai Chen with an expression of disgust.

"Father, could it be that..."

Bai Chen covered up Yu Yin's mouth with his hand at a lightning speed before he could say anything more. A grave expression was plastered on his face which quickly changed into one of happiness and joy. A few drops of sweat could be seen rolling down his face.

"Hush, hush, hush! Ah! I suddenly remember now! It's you my son! Oh how I have longed to see you all these years, every day waiting for you has been as if it were a millennium! Now tell me my son, what's your name?"

Yu Yin made a happy smile.

"My name is Bai Yu."

"Bai Yu my good son, you must have had it hard being alone all those years. I your Father shall go and pour you a cup of tea to help soothe your pain."

After saying this, Bai Chen turned around and headed out of the room. Just as he was about to leave, the radiant sheen of the Silver Qilin horns on the desk caught his eye.

"Say, Bai Yu, what are those curious looking objects you've brought with you?"

Yu Yin gave an the Qilin horns an unconcerned look and casually stuffed them in his already full backpack.

"Oh, they're just a few twigs I picked up on the side of the road."

Hearing this, Bai Chen nearly fell over. On what freaking planet can those things be called twigs?!!! He coughed a few times and quickly left before his new "son" could give him any more of a headache. Yu Yin thought he looked rather pitiful as he hurried out of the room. With that, he stood up from the desk and walked over to the huge portrait of Bai Chen. He tilted it to the side to reveal a hidden recess in the wall, which containing a large chest. His countenance was one of righteousness and benevolence as mercilessly cleared the chest of any gold coins it had. He shoved them into his now bulging backpack with a little difficulty, grinning the entire time. With that, he flicked his wrist and proudly walked out of this abode into the surround forest, looking like a victorious warrior returning from battle! Unknowingly to him, he actually looked rather silly as the ends of the Qilin horns were poking out of his bag due to their outrageous size.

Three middle-aged men from a nearby village who were passing by watched him skip out of the mansion and had strange expressions on their faces.

"Who just walked out of Scholar Bai's home?"

"I don't know, he doesn't look familiar at all!"

"Could that guy be a thief?"

It was at this point that Yu Yin noticed the middle aged men. He waved at them and smiled the most innocent and friendly smile he muster before quickly turning around in the opposite direction to them. He proceeding to rapidly snap his fingers and then slap his chest, causing his body to begin glowing with a white light. He shot towards the north at a breakneck speed which was hard for the naked eye to even see, leaving a long streak of light along his path! The middle-aged men looked on with expressions of bewilderment, their breaths ragged as they watched him leave . After 15 seconds the one who spoke first started laughing nervously.

"Hahaha why would an immortal rob someone like Scholar Bai. Brother Li, use your brain more! An immortal stealing from mortal?! What a joke!"

"Haha yeah don't be absurd Brother Li, only a fool would think such things!"

Brother Li stood there in a stupor, seemingly baffled by both the ridicule he was receiving and the shocking event he had just witnessed.

Yu Yin made a sigh of relief after fleeing to a far off location. Little patches of dirt could be seen scattered across his luxurious robes and he was panting, clearly out of breath.

"I shouldn't use my power too much, it's simply far too tiring"

He actually wasn't an immortal like those men thought he was, but thanks to his powerful bloodline magic, he sure as hell could act like one! It wasn't that he couldn't deal with those mortals if he wanted to, it was just that it was simply too much effort for little to no benefit. Also, attacking would also be essentially admitting to stealing, which was something that Yu Yin really, absolutely, definitely, indubitably did not want to do!

He looked up to the sky and let out an egotistical laughter.

"Hahahahaha, my intellect is so impressive that it even makes me tremble a little! There will surely be a day where I, Yu Yin shall be known throughout the universe as the Get-Rich Guru! Both men and women will surely travel far across the universe to hear my unparalleled wisdom!"

He flicked his wrist and walked further towards the north, towards the very border of the Frigid Enigma Continent which stretched across the land for over 1,000,000 li. With a devious smile on his face ,he proceeded onwards, further and deeper into the gorgeous country of Evergreen. He took out an ancient looking bamboo slip and glanced at it before reaching his hand behind him to stroke the ends of the Silver Qilin horns poking out of his backpack.

"Rejoice my Darlings, you shan't be alone for long!"

3. ZuluA

ZuluA Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 2 - An Ancient Relic?

The prestigious Yu family from which Yu Yin hailed from had a long history dating back almost countless years ago. This Yu family was known to be infallible in almost every way! Their reserves seemed to run deeper than the earth's core. Their arts and techniques were unrivalled across the world, and they even possessed a noble bloodline which granted them bloodline magic!

However, only male descendants of the family were born with this bloodline magic. In return, due to the nature of the ultimate Yu family arts, the arts could only be learned by the females of the family which were blessed with extraordinary talent and physiques! In addition, only offspring of female Yu family members could inherit either these godly traits! Thanks to that, the Yu Family was known as one of the few matriarchal superpowers across the worlds, a hegemon of all lands!

The technique that Yu Yin had used earlier was the Yu Family's bloodline magic, known as [Acceleration]. In this world, only soul cultivators who can strengthen and train their soul to the pinnacle can be considered immortals. Bloodline magic or "blood skills" are fundamentally different from that. The main differences are that blood skills are limited to the descendants of rare noble heritages and draw upon the power of the flesh rather than the soul. This means that such bloodline magic users are few and far between, and are also very exhausting to use. However though, blood skills, like the soul, can also be cultivated and developed. For example:

At [Stage 1], the [Acceleration] bloodline skill could "accelerate" or enhance any tangible object that the user touches, including the human body itself!

At [Stage 2], hosts of the [Acceleration] bloodline ability would gain the bloodline sub-skill [Deceleration]. This ability could "decelerate" or weaken any tangible object that the user touches!

At [Stage 3], both [Acceleration] and [Deceleration] could be used at a range!

At [Stage 4] .... As Yu Yin's blood skill only was at [Stage 2] he didn't actually know what kind of changes occurred at [Stage 4]. It wasn't that he hadn't done any research into his bloodline magic, it was that any information about [Acceleration] [Stage 4] and onwards was a classified family secret privy only to its members of the highest standing. If Yu Yin truly wanted to know such family secrets, there really wouldn't be much that could stop him. Such things however would completely enrage his mother, something Yu Yin would never do without a significantly high pay-off. Therefore, he had simply minded his own business and hadn't stuck his nose into his family's private affairs. Thinking of his family caused Yu Yin to let out a small chuckle.

"I'm a good distance away from home, and Mother probably hasn't noticed I'm gone. It'll take her a while realise that I'm missing, probably two weeks!"

His eyes gleamed with with a bright light!

"That means I have plenty of time on my hands!"

Yu Yin shook his head as to remove any thoughts of his family. He had much more exciting things to think about! He looked down at the ancient looking bamboo slip in his hand and headed towards the north, smiling contently. Every time he finished reading the bamboo slip he would giggle like a 12-year old girl. It was fortunate that nobody was nearby else they would have thought he was completely retarded!

"Hahaha, I really have struck it rich this time! Silver Qilin horns and information about a hidden plane! I, Yu Yin must be truly favoured by the Gods!"

Yu Yin had found this quizzical looking bamboo slip in his mother's study. It looked really lonely so he thought it would be a good deed to keep it company - permanently!

According to the bamboo slip, nearby was a hidden plane which was actually was the resting place of a [Solid Soul] cultivator. A hidden plane was a sort of pocket dimension so to say, and this hidden plane also supposedly also contained this cultivators most prized possession. It described that there was no danger to be found in her hidden plane and that whoever found it first was destined to receive this good fortune! However, all that was said about its location was that it could be found on this very mountain range near the northern border of the beautiful country of Evergreen! Yu Yin let out a sigh and started searching the surrounding forest.

"If I only I had spirit sense, this would be countless times easier"

Spirit sense was a sort of sixth sense that all soul cultivators had. With spirit sense at a high level, a person could read a book in seconds without opening it, or search a huge forest without even moving! Unfortunately, Yu Yin hadn't even reached the lowest level of soul cultivation, [Rousing Soul]. Never mind spirit sense, Yu Yin couldn't muster the slightest bit of soul power even if he wanted to! It wasn't that he had no talent in soul cultivation, it was that there was never any need for him to cultivate in the first place. As a man of the Yu Family, his only familial responsibility was to reach [Stage 2] in his bloodline magic before the age of 20, a feat which he had already accomplished by age 10. As long as he slowly developed his blood skill, his mother wouldn't bat an eyelid at any his life choices, no matter how much the rest of the Yu Family objected.

Regardless of the reason, cultivation is well known as gruelling work and Yu Yin didn't want to be a part of any of it! Just because he was a mortal with no cultivation, that didn't mean he was weak. It was truly no coincidence that Yu Yin had travelled over 200,000* li from the Yu Family palace at centre of the Frigid Enigma Continent all the way to its Northern border. With his wit, blood skill, and a few mountains of gold coins he had picked up along the way, Yu Yin had travelled this journey in less than a week with few to no mishaps.

It was only after 2 hours of searching that Yu Yin finally came across a clearing in the forest. In the centre of the clearing was a large rock at least 9 chi* high and 6 chi thick. There was no sign of any nearby soul power or magic fluctuations to be found. This giant rock, other than its conspicuous location, looked completely ordinary in every way. However, thanks to the bamboo slip, Yu Yin knew this rock was anything but ordinary!

"As expected of the legendary [Solid Soul] realm! Unless told otherwise, nobody would ever suspect that there's something special about this place! Maybe even mother would be oblivious to this rock's significance! There also should be some sort of magical or runic mechanism around here used to enter, although I have no idea where it could be"

Yu Yin walked up to the large rock and studied it thoroughly. As expected, the rock still looked completely typical from every angle, without revealing a single clue as to how the hidden plane could be entered. He continued to franticly search the surrounding area. Every individual piece of vegetation was checked and stone was left unturned. Unfortunately, he still couldn't find anything that looked like at all like a magical mechanism. At this point, Yu Yin had furrowed brows and had a very impatient expression on his face.

"I refuse to believe I can't open this thing!"

He stomped over to the centre of the clearing, snapped his fingers, and slapped the large stone.

"[Acceleration]!!"

A white light appeared from Yu Yin's palm and entered into the rock. Suddenly, rumbling sounds could be heard as the large rock inwardly collapsed, exposing a portal large enough for a single person to enter! It had to be known that [Acceleration] could be used on any tangible thing, and apparently, the entrance to the hidden plane was not exempt.

"Ah!"

Yu Yin let out a shout and jumped 3 steps back! Honestly, he had never expected his blood skill to have the slightest effect on the large rock. The only reason he tried it was due to a lack of any other idea! He blinked a few times at the newly materialised portal before letting out joyous laughter.

"The [Solid Soul] cultivator that owned this plane was definitely a kind and generous saint, leaving a treasure trove behind just for me! I should aspire to be more like them!"

Of course, he would never actually try to be such a person.

A garden full of chrysanthemum flowers could be seen on the other side of the rift with a timeworn cave located at the centre of it. Yu Yin entered the portal and revelled in the pleasant scent which then invaded his senses. He took his time enjoying the unique scenery around him before having a good look around the garden. After clarifying there was nothing there, he walked into the cave. A chilly breeze could be felt coming from the very depths of the cave which only seemed to get colder the further down he went.

"Achoo!!"

As he wandered down, Yu Yin couldn't help but sneeze because of the cold air. He rubbed his nose and looked around him to find that the cave walls could be seen slowly transitioning from stone surfaces to brick layers. Unsurprisingly, the journey down went rather smoothly with no mishaps. The passage went down for at least half a mile until an open area was reached. The open area had a dome like structure with murals of ferocious beasts depicted on the wall, with one particular mural of a giant black eagle being especially eye catching! After searching around the room, Yu Yin found a sinister looking coffin at the centre of the dome with an altar set up on either side of it. On top of each of the alters, rested a locket made of what looked like bronze. The right side locket had floral patterns etched into it while the left side locket had a dark tint to it. Upon seeing the two lockets, Yu Yin was more surprised than happy.

"Why are there two?! The bamboo slip only mentioned one ancient relic! Could the true prize be inside the coffin?"

He turned his head to look at the coffin. It was resting on a raised platform as to show the status of the hegemon sleeping inside. It was coloured with a deep purple hue and was decorated with exquisite golden borders. A large black cross could be seen covering the exterior of its lit and a silver emblem of a closed eye was visible at the centre it. Yu Yun felt as if the departed expert that laid here could still see him through that silver eye. Overall, the coffin was releasing a very ominous aura.

"No No No!! That coffin spells death no matter how I look at it! I'd best leave it alone. No treasure is worth offending such a formidable person even if they are deceased!"

With that, Yu Yin turned his attention to the two bronze lockets. He wasn't sure if one of these items was the ancient relic he was looking for, but he sure as hell wasn't going to leave empty handed! He decided that since the locket decorated with floral patterns was more aesthetically pleasing, he would take that one first. He let out a happy yelp and skipped towards the altar on his right hand side!

"Hello my treasures, your Daddy has come to take you home!"

Yu Yin's eyes flickered with a shining light and he was almost panting in his excitement. The closer he got to the bronze locket, the more extraordinary it seemed until he was absolutely sure it was a precious treasure! He looked at the locket in front of him amiably as if it were the most beautiful thing in the world. A happy expression could be seen on his face as he took out one of his Silver Quilin horns and stroked it.

"You see! I told you Daddy would find you a friend!"

With that, he reached out his left hand in a grasping motion to take the locket. But instead of the cold touch of metal he expected to feel, he felt warmth instead. Yu Yin was startled and looked down at the locket. What he saw made his expression one of complete and utter shock. Instead of the bronze locket, his hand was resting on another small human hand. Its skin looked as smooth as jade, as white as snow, and more dazzling than the damn Quilin horns!

"The hell!!????"

He looked up and found himself face to face with an absolutely stunning black-haired beauty!

4. ZuluA

ZuluA Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 3 - Black-Haired Beauty!

Yu Yin's eyes almost popped out of his head! He had an incredulous look on his face and his jaw was hanging wide open. Out of nowhere, had appeared the most beautiful women he had ever seen. She had a slim waist and a curvaceous body donned in an elegant purple dress. The dress was short skirted and and sleeveless, exposing her small delicate arms and her long, porcelain looking legs. Her hypnotising crystal blue eyes looked like small, sparkling diamonds and the astonishing contrast between her flawless white skin and her silky smooth, wavy pitch black hair was almost blinding! Overall, she was completely gorgeous and looked no older than 17 years of age. It must be said that Yu Yin had seen all sorts of pretty girls at the Yu Family palace, but this one trumped them all easily. Yu Yin blinked a few times and tried to say something but no words would come out his mouth.

He had been rendered literally speechless by her beauty!!!

The black-haired beauty seemed unfazed by Yu Yin's almost worshipping gaze. She looked him up and down before making a playful expression and resting her beautiful eyes upon his. She then gave him an angelic smile that could light up the darkest of nights and melt even the coldest of ice. Yu Yin felt he was absolutely looking at a goddess, that is, until he felt a tugging force coming from her dainty hand which was tucked below his. The black-haired beauty winked at him, snatched away the bronze locket, and took flight towards the cave entrance! She made a grasping gesture as she took off, causing the other dark tinted locket to fly of its alter and into her free hand.

It was at this point that any feelings of attraction and chivalry disappeared from Yu Yin like a fleeting wind. Only one thought was going through his head!

"Women! How DARE you take my treasure!!"

In his anger, he unthinkingly lobbed the Silver Qilin horn in his right hand at the black haired beauty! If the Silver Horned Qilin whom it once belonged to, saw this scene, it would probably hang itself there and then!

The Qilin horn flew across the dome at a considerable speed, closing in on this mysterious women.

"EEeeeeeeeekk"

The black-haired beauty turned around and made a small squealing sound as the Qilin horn made a well placed landing on her rear end, knocking her out straight of the air. She landed on the ground in a heap, which caused a layer of dust on the ground to rise up and settle on her purple dress. She got up, turned around, and gave Yu Yin a ferocious glare which actually, in a way, looked kind of cute! What wasn't cute, was that she then began to release soul power fluctuations which caused Yu Yin's eyes to immediately narrow.

"She's a Soul Cultivator!!"

The black-haired beauty flicked her wrist, causing a blade to materialise in front of her which began to fly towards him at a shocking speed! The blade looked like a black scimitar but it was extraordinarily long, reaching 4 chi in length. Yu Yin made a panicked expression and immediately snapped his fingers and slapped his chest.

"[Acceleration]!!"

With the sudden boost of speed from his blood skill, Yu Yin easily dodged her scimitar-like blade which flew passed him and lodged into the wall of the dome! He inwardly sighed with relief.

"This soul cultivator is surprisingly weak!"

With this thought, Yu Yin decided that there was nothing to fear from this girl. Therefore, he could act as he liked. He proceeded to point at the black haired beauty.

"Women, I saw those lockets first so naturally they belong to me. Return them now and we can both walk our own ways"

The black-haired beauty instantly retorted.

"Who says that whoever sees something first gets to take it! I touched them first so of course they would be mine!"

Her voice resounded like the chiming of bells and the singing of birds! It was most wonderful sound Yu Yin had ever heard, leaving him momentarily distracted. He quickly resumed his false bravado.

"Silence women! If I say they are mine, that means they're mine! Now quickly return them!"

She sneered at him.

"Oh really now? You're just a mortal with a few tricks up his sleeve so what right do you have to say such things! Come back in a few hundred years and maybe I'll let you touch them!"

"Tch! Do you really think that I won't clap you to death! Give me back my treasure!"

She reached out her hand in another grasping gesture, causing the crescent blade to dislodge from the wall and fly towards her. She put the bronze lockets into her away interspatial ring, caught her scimitar-like blade, and locked gazed with Yu Yin. She smirked at him as if to mock him for his incompetence before waving her hand, conjuring three more blades that were identical to the first. They floated around her in an intimidating fashion with their tips pointing at Yu Yin.

"Go ahead and try, and we'll see what happens!"

A vein was bulging on Yu Yin's forehead due to his rising anger. He was really, really getting fed up of this women! How dare she sneak up on him take his hard earned treasure whilst pretending she was in the right all along! So what if she's a little pretty and has a tiny bit of cultivation! She's absolutely in the wrong here! However he was a little fearful of the new blades that she had produced so he didn't make any rash moves.

"How the hell did you get in here anyway? I'm sure nobody was following me!"

The black haired beauty lifted her hand to cover her mouth and let out a patronising laugh.

"I simply used the lowest level stealth technique, [Camouflage]. Its a real shame, anyone with even a slither of soul cultivation would've been able to see through it...."

She elegantly flicked her hair with her hand and than nonchalantly scraped off a bit of dirt from under her fingernails. Finally, she glanced up at Yu Yin.

"How unlucky for you!"

After hearing this, Yu Yin had to actively stop himself from coughing up blood in anger! This girl was simply too much!

Suddenly, deafening rumbling sounds could be heard across the cave and powerful tremors could be felt shaking the hidden plane! The coffin at the centre of the dome was visibly shaking! Both Yu Yin and the black-haired beauty looked towards it with expressions of fear and shock! Although they didn't notice, shocking spatial power fluctuations had been building up as soon as the black haired beauty took the bronze lockets. A powerful suction force was could be felt across the room, originating from the sinister looking coffin from its centre.

"AHHH!"

Yu Yin let out a yelp as he saw the lid of the coffin slowly open by itself. It was at this point, that Yu Yin knew he had somehow completely screwed up! He used [Acceleration] on himself and looked at the black-haired beauty who was at this time also looking at him. She had put away her four blades and was fear plastered all over her pretty face. They nodded at each other as if in tactic agreement, and both darted towards the cave exit. They had only been running for a few seconds when the suction force suddenly increased by fivefold! At this time, Yu Yin was just about to pick up his Silver Qilin horn from off the ground when it flew towards the coffin. He had an expression of pure grief as he turned around and reached towards the coffin.

"NO! My precious!"

Yu Yin watched in complete despair as his one of his legendary Silver Qilin horns was swallowed up by the coffin. He gritted his teeth before turning around and following the black-haired beauty in front of him, keeping a tight hold on his heavy backpack as he escaped. At this moment he truly wished he owned an interspatial ring just like she did! Just as they had reached the long tunnel leading to the surface, the already shocking suction force increased by fivefold again! Yu Yin and the black haired beauty found themselves unable to move any further forward no matter how much they tried! By this time the coffin was already fully open, with its lid hovering vertically above it. Jagged edges could now be seen across the rim of the coffin and at the edges of its lid, making it look like a gigantic gaping maw trying to devour the heavens! The silver eye in its centre was wide open and looked very much alive and incredibly domineering. It had an expression as if it were a child discovering some brand new toys, eager to play with them. Yu Yin made a bitter laugh and turned around to face the coffin. He pointed at it and spoke in a domineering manner.

"Damned piece of junk! If you think you can eat me with no consequences, you've got another thing coming!"

With that he focused on holding his ground, and began contemplating how to defeat this formidable adversity, as escape was simply no longer an option. He knew that if he died, his mother would eventually discover that he was missing and would come and search for him and his Silver Quilin horns. Upon realising that he had been eaten by this demonic coffin, she would exert her full force to destroy it in the Yu family name. It wouldn't matter that it belonged to a departed [Celestial Soul] cultivator, such things meant nothing to a raging Yu family. Of course this would all be useless to Yu Yin as he would be long dead by that time. He had to find a solution on his own in this unsolvable dilemma!

"I could use [Deceleration] if I got close to that thing, but it'd probably eat me before I got the chance..."

While Yu Yin was sat thinking how to beat up the coffin, the black-haired beauty obviously had other ideas. She took out a dark piece of jade and immediately crushed it. Yu Yin recognised this piece of jade at a glance. It was actually an engraved magic teleportation spell! A white runic circle filled with mysterious characters appeared around the black haired beauty as the spell started to activate. Yu Yin had an awful look on his face as he watched her about to leave!

"Am I, Yu Yin really going to do battle with that thing while the little thief escapes with my two ancient relics?! Is my luck really that bad?"

At this time the black-haired beauty had a relieved expression on her face. Although both her hair and her clothes were completely dishevelled, she still looked just as stunning as she did earlier! She was going to escape relatively unharmed after narrowly escaping death, whilst still obtaining some riches to make it worthwhile. Frankly, apart from her rear end still being a little sore, she was in a wonderful mood. She gave Yu Yin an apologetic look before letting out a long sigh. The teleportation spell would only take one more second to activate before she left this god forsaken place!

Unfortunately for her, the coffin had other plans! It let out a shrill scream which echoed throughout the hidden plane and the suction force increased again, this time by tenfold, causing the teleportation spell to break down completely! She and Yu Yin were pulled towards the coffin by three meters before being able to hold their position! The black-haired beauty had an expression of complete bewilderment as she processed what was happening! But before she could react, the lid of the coffin rose up another meter and let out a deafening shriek. Its silver eye narrowed, as if it had lost any patience or interest it had with the little ants in front of it! The suction force increased again by tenfold, then again by twentyfold, and then again by fiftyfold, all times in quick concession. Yu Yin let out a sigh and made a resigned expression. He made a self-mocking laugh before letting out a resigned sigh.

"To think that I would even expect to resist a [Solid Soul] cultivator. I guess I was a little optimistic!"

The black-haired beauty also had a complicated look in her eyes before closing them in acceptance of her fate.

With that, they were both swallowed into the bottomless pit which was the coffin. It's lid lowered from the air to close on top of its main body. Just as the coffin was about to close, two bronze lockets flew out of it from inside it. One locket had floral patterns while the other was dark tinted. They both flew onto their respective alters, looking as if they had never moved.

All that was left in the dome was an eerie silence. Apart from a small slit in one of the walls, the dome looked exactly the same as before!

The silver eye on the coffin closed, as if it had never opened.....

5. ZuluA

ZuluA Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 4 - Layla Adamantine!

When Yu Yin opened his eyes, he didn't wake up in King Yama's palace* like he expected. He was completely bewildered by his situation. He bit his tongue, causing him to feel a sharp pain.

"Argh!"

The pain caused him to immediately sober up.

"Apparently I'm not dead"

Concerned, he put his hand behind him to feel his once full backpack, only to find it was completely empty apart from a single Qilin horn. He let out a bitter-sweet smile, happy that he at least still had one treasure left. With that, Yu Yin stood up with a solemn expression on his face. It was time to find out exactly what his circumstances were. From as far as the eye could see was an endless expanse of murky darkness. Human bones were scattered everywhere in heaps and mounds across this boundless wasteland of despair, giving it a dreary atmosphere. Yu Yin momentarily wondered how all the bones had got there. He shook his head, casting away these trivial thoughts from his mind before walking around to explore.

The ground was soft and squishy with a disgusting texture that was incredibly uncomfortable to walk on, and now and again, tall slabs of stone could be seen jutting out the ground. They looked like towering spikes which were attempting to reach out of this awful black hell. Occasionally as he moved along, he found the odd gold coin that had most likely fallen from his backpack. Every time he came across one of these gold coins, he would happily snatch it up with a delighted expression on his face!

On a particularly tall mountain of bones, a white light was piercing through the shadows. It looked very out of place in this world of black, like how a wolf would look amongst a herd of sheep! Yu Yin saw this questionable white light and trudged towards it, hoping to investigate what it was. When he laid his sight on the source of the white light, his heart almost leapt out his chest and his eyes became bright in ecstatic disbelief! He shot towards the light at the fastest speed he could possibly muster, an elated expression on his face!

"My Darling!!! Thank goodness, I thought I'd lost you forever!!"

He reached the large pile of bones within a second, at which point, an adorable giggle reverberated in his ears.

"Who's your darling now?! I know I'm lovable but you really need to restrain yourself sometimes, you know what I mean?"

Yu Yin fell over and plunged head first straight into the pile of bones, inducing another bout of giggling. He climbed back to his feet and narrowed his eyes towards the origin of this crystalline voice. There, just a few meters away resting on a small stone slab, was the black-haired beauty. Her once majestic wavy hair was completely dishevelled and her clothes had rips and tears all over them. A small trickle of blood was seeping out of the corner of her mouth. She was very clearly injured, most likely due the backlash of her runic formation collapsing, but her outstanding good looks were still very apparent. She seemed very vulnerable and delicate, sitting in solitude amongst the darkness. Yu Yin glared at her and opened his mouth.

"It's you!!! Where are my....."

"If you're asking about the bronze lockets then you don't need to. They'd disappeared from inside my interspatial ring by the time I woke up"

Yu Yin narrowed his eyes. Both the rude interjection and the information he had just received made him rather upset. The black-haired beauty seemed to have let bygones be bygones as her tone of voice was actually gentle rather than hostile like he expected. Yu Yin however, was a very petty person and he still felt bitter about the stolen lockets.

"Why would I ..."

"Why should you believe me? Did you think I wouldn't show them off if I had them?!"

The corner of his mouth twitched upon being interrupted again. She glanced at him and let out a soft sigh.

"You can see if you like, my ring is completely busted! The lockets forced themselves out of my ring, breaking it and causing almost everything to empty out! I'm so pitiful that I don't even have any medicine to treat myself with right now!"

"So where are they now then?"

"My guess is that the ghastly coffin from before spat them back out....I can't think of anything else could cause such a phenomenon"

When she spoke of that accursed coffin, she coughed up a mouthful of blood.

"Damn it!! *cough* I haven't been in a state this bad for at least 3 years! I could've sworn that the bamboo slip said there was no danger *cough*"

The words she spoke caused Yu Yin's eyes to widen like saucers.

'There was more than one bamboo slip?!!'

As the black haired beauty slowly recovered from her coughing fit, Yu Yin was entering into deep contemplation.

'My bamboo slip clearly said that whoever found itself, would be destined for the good fortune waiting inside the hidden plane. But the existence of another bamboo slip with the same information completely contradicts this statement! There's also the section about there being no danger....'

Yu Yin quickly pulled out his own bamboo slip to examine it, causing the black haired beauty to startle. However as he opened it, the entire bamboo slip suddenly started dissipating into motes of white light that flew into their before vanishing. Both Yu Yin and the black haired beauty watched the motes of of light disappear into the endless black sky in complete shock. They both had ashen expressions as they considered the implications of this development. After a few moments time, the black-haired beauty let out a self-mocking chuckle and tilted her head to gaze towards Yu Yin, locking their eyes together. Her alluring rosy lips parted a little to let out another soft sigh.

"We've been completely duped haven't we?"

Looking this gorgeous black-haired beauty and the bitter expression on her face, Yu Yin couldn't help but feel a little camaraderie towards her. His heart softened a little and his animosity towards her decreased by half. He smiled at her.

"I suppose we have…"

The black-haired beauty seemed a little surprised by his smile, blinking a few times. Yu Yin looked around at the countless heaps of bones. He now knew where they came from.

"To think that the owner of that hidden plane would actively try to attract people here just to kill them… It's hard to believe that an exalted [Solid Soul] expert would have such a dark sense of humour!"

The black-haired beauty shook her head.

"It's to be expected really, people of such calibre usually have eccentric personalities and are unpredictable! Although I agree this is a bit much, only we can be blamed for not questioning our sources. However there is no way I'm going to die here, I'm going to escape one way or another!"

Yu Yin sat down a meter across from the black-haired beauty so they were eye level and rested on a few stray bones. Although she was in a decrepit state, she still had a glimmer of hope in her eyes.

"What's your name?"

She weakly raised her hand to brush a few strands of hair to behind her ear, clearing her line of sight.

"My name is Layla Adamantine"

Yu Yin was taken aback from hearing her name. He narrowed his eyes.

"You're not from the Frigid Enigma Continent?"

Layla shook her head and smiled.

"I'm actually from a place known as the 'Iron Turtle Dynasty'"

Yu Yin sat there in a daze before suddenly feeling very nervous as she didn't seem like was lying. The Yu Family library contained vast amounts of secrets gathered from across the world and their network spread beyond comprehension. While Yu Yin was living at the Yu Family palace, he had access to any of this information he wanted within reason, and all of this information could be found on the Yu Family library.

Yu Yin had only ever used this library to learn as much as he could about all the kinds of immortal treasures in existence. This however didn't mean he didn't have a good knowledge of the geography of the world he lived in. Thanks to the odd book or two he had coincidently read, this was never a problem for him. Yet, he still had never heard of such an 'Iron Turtle Dynasty'! There could only be three possible reasons for this. Either one: The Iron Turtle Dynasty is so secretive and reclusive, that not even the Yu Family had heard of it, something impossible that could be ruled out completely! Or possibly two: The Iron Turtle Dynasty is so formidable that Yu Yin, a mere mortal, had no right to even hear of its name! But a member of such a group wouldn't be as weak as Layla was! Reason three was the most plausible of the them all though!

Layla laughed upon seeing Yu Yin's dazed look.

"It's not a surprise you haven't heard of my home. After all, it's a very, very, very long way away from here! Possibly worlds apart!"

Yu Yin sat in silence upon hearing her words.

'So it was reason three in the end... '

"How did you get all the way over here then?"

Instead of answering his question, Layla looked towards the expansive black sky, a well hidden pained look hiding in her depths of her sky blue eyes. Yu Yin's eyes widened when he saw her with this expression. He guessed that she had probably run away from her home for one reason of another, although he had no idea of what this reason could be! He suddenly felt that Layla was a very complicated person, that there was much more to her than just a pretty face. Although she acted playful and mischievous on the surface, her personality was actually very complex and could not be so easily defined! After a while Layla looked down again and answered his question.

"Mostly luck! Of course, a few runic teleportation spells helped things along but that's not the important part. In truth, patience, determination, and just a bit of little luck got me this far I guess!"

She suddenly narrowed her eyes and smirked at him.

"So tell me Mr, after I've told you all this, are you rudely not going to introduce yourself? You really don't make a good gentleman do you!"

Her words shoved any of his feelings of melancholy towards her straight into the abyss. Yu Yin's response to her verbal attack was the same as usual, he stood up and started acting needlessly pretentious.

"I Yu Yin, am actually a great sage of the highest calibre! People across the land faint from joy upon even seeing my face, and my great wisdom sours higher than the tallest of mountains! So I, in fact, have no need to be a gentleman!"

"That name....Hmm...Yu Yin.....Yu Yin...Yu.....AH!"

She let out a shout.

"Your the good-for-nothing son of the Yu Family Matriarch aren't you!!"

Her tactlessness and the fact that she was spot on made Yu Yin almost faint on the spot!

"Who says I'm good for nothing!! I am actually a very talented and valued member of the Family!"

She looked away from him, looking completely disinterested in what he was saying.

"Ohhh, is that so..."

Yu Yin was speechless. He simply couldn't deal with this woman anymore! He turned around to leave her.

"Damned women. Just you wait until I really am an all-powerful sage, and we'll see if you'd dare let out a fart in front of me then!"

Layla giggled as Yu Yin stomped off, clearly in a bad mood. Yu Yin had better things to worry about anyway, like how to get out of this dark prison. He looked around at his surroundings, only to find just murky blackness. It was only thanks to the illuminating properties of the Silver Qilin horn on top of the bone pile that anything was visible at all. He took out his other Qilin horn to use as a torch, and started searching the many piles of bones. He knew he wouldn't find anything of too much value, but he wanted to try!

'I'll leave the other Qilin horn there to use as a beacon to find my way back, and I'll use this one to search for treasure! Surely, there must be something good around here! With all these bones around, I refuse to believe I can't find an interspatial ring! If that women has one, they surely can't be that rare!'

Unfortunately for Yu Yin they really were that rare! Only high level soul cultivators would own an interspatial ring. In this case, Layla truly was an anomaly for having one! After an hour of futile searching, Yu Yin didn't find such a ring, but found a few medicinal pills instead. He blinked at them a few times, surprised that such things would be there.

'Is this medicine? I suppose they aren't that useful to me right now, but I'll take them!'

At this point, he thought of Layla and the miserable state he found her in. Although Yu Yin was generally a selfish person, he wasn't heartless. And even though he found her infuriating, he slightly admired the way she hadn't lost to despair and how she still had hope for life. Of course, he would never ever admit that to her. He turned around to head towards the light of his other Qilin horn where she was resting.

"Hmph, as I am such a magnanimous person, I shall be a good Samaritan just this once!"

If Bai Chen from earlier heard this, he would most likely jump of a cliff in depression!

6. ZuluA

ZuluA Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 5 - [Myriad Blades of the Endless Night]!

It didn't take long for Yu Yin to make his way back to Layla, as it seemed his Silver Qilin horns could banish all darkness! Although he didn't find too much on his little exploration he did discover something interesting about the place hew was in!

'It seems that this wasteland is not in fact endless, but is instead more like a cage! There were multiple times where I had crossed an area that I had definitely been before, even though I was travelling in a straight line! This place is like a forest of illusions, where I would loop back to wherever I had entered, no matter which route I take!'

Having figured out the nature of the pit of darkness, he was still none the wiser as to how to escape. With no obvious clues of an exit, Yu Yin felt a bit useless.

'Let's just get this medicine to that damn woman and take things from there!'

At this point, Layla came into his view. She was still crouched down, leaning against that stone slab and she still looked worse for wear! She had her eyes closed and was murmuring something to herself. Surprisingly, it seemed the words she was speaking had an effect on the energies of heaven and earth around her, as small slithers of white light could be seen flowing from the ground and into her body. Seeing this caused Yu Yin's eyes to widen.

"That's soul cultivation!!"

His words broke Layla's concentration as she opened her eyes in surprise. The small slithers of light started disappearing into the air. She gave Yu Yin a sweet smile which actually made his heart flutter a little! But ONLY a little.

"I thought you were going to be another three hours! What made you come back so early?"

Yu Yin didn't answer and instead tossed over the medicinal pills to her which flew across the air and into her left hand. She caught them, looking very shocked and confused. After a moment, she gave him another smile. This time though her smile looked different, more genuine, as if all the other times she had smiled had just all been an act.

"Looks like you aren't a good-for-nothing after all..."

Yu Yin was happy hearing her words on the inside but didn't show it on his face. He again didn't reply and instead sat down on the bottom of huge pile of bones next to her. He was slightly pained at the loss of those pills, as he was sure he could sell them for a fairly good amount, but this was fine too. Perhaps Layla would reward him later. After a few moments of silence, he spoke.

"What you were doing just now, that was soul cultivation right?"

She blinked a few times, shocked at the question.

"You don't know what soul cultivation looks like?!"

Yu Yin's eyebrow twitched at her question, but he swallowed his pride for once and shook his head instead. Layla has a look of realisation and then shook her head.

"That's all right. Lots of people haven't even heard of cultivation, never mind seen it! To answer your question, yes, that was soul cultivation. Although, the energies of heaven and earth are almost non-existent here, so my cultivation wasn't very effective."

"What stage of cultivation are you at?"

She laughed a little.

"I'm actually only at [Rousing Soul] [Stage 4]! My cultivation used to be higher it dropped due to an unforeseen accident."

Yu Yin was surprised by her words.

"What level did you used to be at?"

She looked Yu Yin in the eye and sighed, not answering his question. At this point she swallowed the pills he had given her before crossing her legs to meditate. Her body started glowing with a faint yellow light and the cuts and bruises visible on her arms and legs could be seen healing at a slow yet visible rate. After 10 minutes, she looked just as elegant and beautiful as she did before she was swallowed by the coffin. All her injuries had disappeared, both internal and external. Layla opened her eyes and resumed eye contact with Yu Yin.

"Thank you."

She stood up and was about to walk away when she suddenly stopped and turned around. Her eyes brightened up and she had an excited expression on her face. She rushed up to Yu Yin and grabbed his shoulders, startling him completely.

"You're definitely a mortal right?! Right?!"

Yu Yin was lost for words and could only nod his head.

"Hahaha, there is hope for us yet! Who knew that your incompetence be my saviour! We're saved!!"

Layla's laugh was very loud instead of the graceful and reserved laugh she usually made. From what Yu Yin had seen from her so far, was rather out of character. He had a befuddled look on his face wondering if the pills he fed her had gone off.

"So what if I'm a mortal! What does that have to do with anything? Woman, how dare you insult me!"

Layla brushed her hand backwards though the hair on the top of her head, looking very cheerful.

"What does it have to do with anything?! It has everything to do with our situation!"

She sat down right in front of where Yu Yin was sitting, a now solemn expression on her face.

"I'm surprised you don't know this, but I'll explain anyway. As you know, the first realm of soul cultivation is known as the [Rousing Soul] realm. It's common knowledge among cultivators that most living people, mortals, actually live with their souls asleep. Although their conscience is awake, their souls are completely dormant. The [Rousing Soul] realm is where mortals introspectively look into their own souls and try to awaken them, hence the name, "Rousing Soul". The [Rousing Soul] Realm is split into ten stages, each representing ten percent of soul awakening. Once a person's soul cultivation reaches [Rousing Soul] [Stage 10] or in other words, their soul becomes one-hundred percent awake, they can enter the next realm of cultivation, [Awakened Soul] Realm! That's besides the point though. The point is, that when a mortal first makes contact with their soul to reach [Rousing Soul] [Stage 1], they experience an utmost clarity of the energies of heaven and earth, becoming to see through all its mysteries. Such a clarity is said to be impossible to receive again until one reaches heights in cultivation unknown to even me!"

She stopped to take a breath as she had clearly worked herself up a little bit too much. After a moment, she calmed down and returned her gaze to Yu Yin.

"My plan is to have you enter the [Rousing Soul] Realm, and have you use that clarity to find either an exit or a weakness of this place."

Yu Yin was honestly sceptical that such a plan would work. He had heard a little about this "clarity" Layla was talking about, but not much as he hadn't done too much research into cultivation. However, from what he knew about it, he knew this plan was a long shot.

"Even if by some miracle I do find a weakness in this cage, how on earth do you plan to utilise it. It's not like either of us are all powerful and can just bust out of here!"

Layla giggled and patted his shoulders.

"Of course I have a solution to that, I'm a capable person you know!"

With that, she activated her interspatial ring, causing a few objects to appear from nowhere. It was another engraved teleportation spell. Yu Yin had a completely shocked expression on his face before it warped into one of anger.

"You said your ring was broken and you had nothing left, explain this to me Layla!"

"My ring IS busted! It has a crack in it which causes any items inside to fall out. I was actually forcefully keeping those things inside all this time with soul power, so after this, my ring is absolutely useless. Also I said that ALMOST everything spilled out, not everything. Do you think I'm so incapable as to lose my most important possessions?"

Yu Yin looked a bit dumbfounded at her retort. Everything she said sounded completely reasonable. Of course, Yu Yin wouldn't apologise for doubting her. Instead he looked towards the only items Layla had left. There were two pieces of jade, an old looking tome, a flag, an iron shield, and an ancient looking bamboo slip. Although when the bamboo slip had landed on the ground, it started dissipating into motes of light like how Yu Yin's did. He was surprised to find that the four long black scimitars from earlier were nowhere to be seen. Layla picked up one of the pieces of jade which shockingly, was another engraved teleportation spell.

"It seems that this [Solid Soul] cultivator wasn't too proficient in runewriting, and was actually too proud to get someone to runewrite anything for them. Thanks to that, teleportation rune spells like this aren't locked down here! That means we can use my teleportation jade to break through this prison at its weakest point!"

Yu Yin knew fully well what runewriters were, even if he didn't know much about cultivation. Runewriting is a prestigious occupation, that only a few talented people are cut out for. Such people could engrave all kinds of spells on pieces of jade for cultivators to use at a later date, and could create magical items with extraordinary capabilities. Such an occupation ranks even above alchemists, doctors, and beast tamers! Yu Yin had actually always been interested in learning runewriting, but such a thing required some element of cultivation, so he had never bothered. Layla put down the jade and stared at Yu Yin intently. She picked up the old tome and handed it to him.

"This is the only cultivation technique manual I have on me. It may not suit you completely but there aren't any alternatives right now. If this were a normal situation, I would test your affinity with various elements and pick out a technique to build a foundation for your soul in that element. I'm very sorry if this somehow ruins your future cultivation"

Yu Yin took the tome from Layla. Honestly, he didn't mind any affect on future cultivation that this event would have on him. In fact, if it wasn't for such a situation, Yu Yin was sure he would never have started cultivation anyway. He was only starting it now to escape this place. He looked at the tome and read its title.

"[Myriad Blades of the Endless Night]"

The tome was dark grey in colour and protruding silver lines could be seen decorating its borders in wavy patterns. When Yu Yin's fingers brushed past the protruding lines, he was surprised to find they were actually made of silver! At the centre of the tome was an insignia of two crescent blades crossing each other, making an X shape. Yu Yin opened the book and read the words on top of the first page.

'[Myriad Blades of the Endless Night] is the Adamantine Clan's most prized and precious technique. Under no circumstances should this technique be shared to any outsiders! Any persons found guilty of this shall be considered a traitor to the clan, and shall be hunted down punished by death under rules!'

Yu Yin was shocked by this statement and turned his head to look at Layla.

"Should you really be giving me this? It says you'll get screwed over by your clan if I learn this technique!"

She shrugged, looking as if she really didn't care, which apparently she didn't.

"It's not like we have any choice, and I'm not planning on seeing my family any time soon anyway!"

With that, she stood up and brushed off her dress, looking towards the light on top of the pile of bones.

"Before you start practising that technique, there's one more thing that is essential for me to do."

She started ascending the giant pile of bones towards the Silver Qilin horn. Yu Yin sat there with a confused expression on his face.

'What the hell is she doing?'

Yu Yin was contemplating with a questioning look on his face as he looked at Layla, until she reached the top of the bone pile and picked up his Qilin horn. Yu Yin stood up and was about to open his mouth in complaint when she turned around and threw it at him with all her strength! The Qilin horn sailed over and smashed him in the face, knocking him right back over!

"#@!%&"

He got up and glared at her.

"THE HELL WAS THAT FOR?!"

Layla giggled at him.

"That was payback for earlier, so don't you ever, EVER, hit me again ok?"

Yu Yin was about to angrily retort when she started laughing. Her laugh sounded so wonderful, that he was struggling to stay angry at her!

"Don't get angry now darling, with this we can now be considered friends!"

Yu Yin blinked a few times at her angelic smile. She really was one of a kind when it came to beauty! She let out another giggle.

"Stop gawking and start cultivating!"