LCD Mother of Learning

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by jacobpaige, Apr 25, 2016.

1. hanglekuk

hanglekuk Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    While it may be a bit hard at start, the feedback is very important to understand where experiment can be improved. Zach is ideal candidate for the first test run, the reasons were already explained (his medical magic knowledge). And Zach would be able to identify some possible flaws. It is much worse understanding where ritual possibly went wrong with resisting third parties. Mind magic is not answer to the all questions.
    So with Zach being the first recipient and improved ritual, there's a plenty of willing subjects (Taiven would volunteer to close the gap, the other members of conspiracy might be interested as well for at least one test run ). So there's no need for cultist, there's plenty of cooperating / experienced volunteers around to provide valuable feedback. I'm pretty sure even the teachers from academy would participate for a few test runs.

2. NZPIEFACE

NZPIEFACE Leecher

Reading List:
    Link
    Moral reasons. Though there's not much stopping them from doing it on the cultists.

3. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There's still no reason to start with experimenting on themselves though. They can just as easily experiment on the cultists, read their minds, then kill and (if they have the stomach for it) dissect them. As for them resisting, just knock them out with anesthetics and/or magic.
    Yeah, that's why I specified them. I'm sure they could find other worthy test subjects, but with so many cultists, there's not really a need to.

4. hanglekuk

Reading List:
    Link
    And what to do with the subjects in the mean time. They would need some time to adjust to the ritual/new enhancement. So you need to keep them locked up and testing the newly acquired abilities. What if they refuse to do that? They definitely need to pick mages for those rituals - and there aren't that many real mages between cultist - most of them are regular people.

It shouldn't be as dangerous as the steps Zorian took under guidance from Alanic. The enhancement ritual seems like impacting vitality somewhat. It seems at worst the blood enchantment would just fail and the worst case for it would cripple a patient, but not should lead to death. I'd say it should be pretty safe - look at the nonsense Suldomir had done with blood rituals - and he's still alive (while he got lucky). Taiven does not have a lot of options and I'm pretty sure she will volunteer as soon as she hears about those rituals.

5. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Why would they need to be mages? The early enhancements they're talking about are all things that wouldn't require magic. As for getting them to acclimate, they'd do that whether they were told to or not. It'd make no sense at all for them not to. And checking their progress is just a matter of a quick mind read while verbally asking them about it. Also, if they really want to ensure cooperation for some reason, they can just impersonate higher ranking cultists.

And I'm not saying they should never use them on themselves or their allies. I'm saying that they shouldn't do so when their odds of success are abysmally low, especially when there's a better option.

6. hanglekuk

Reading List:
    Link
    They benefit mages much more. Why would you experiment on regular people (there might be issues with too small/non-existing mana pool)?

I think you are mixing stuff up. Care to provide some references telling that those rituals are very dangerous? The quote from 62 is just for scaring people off :) Soldamir is the best living example to disprove that
    Also since there's some danger involved, it would help Kael/Zach to raise expertice medical magic / healing arts. The research for Kael seems like ended up. They have some great potions/large resources to assist the person undergoing blood ritual.

Some quotes I rely on to say that those rituals carry reasonable risk at start:

Last edited: Jul 16, 2018
  7. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    In the most recent chapter they were discussing it as something risky, especially when carried out by novices such as themselves. Also, read your own third quote where it explicitly states that they are dangerous and possibly lethal in addition to being quite difficult to perform.

As for the mana requirements, you're right. I was forgetting that it reserved a part of the subject's mana pool. That said, there's no reason why this would really matter. There were still tons of low level mages in the cultist's ranks, which is more than enough for their purposes.

8. NZPIEFACE

NZPIEFACE Leecher

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybe it requires the recipient of the magic to be willing?

9. Tsuru55

Tsuru55 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I got a question, i read somewhere that the MC is in a time loop. Does he escapes it ? If yes, can you tell me which chapter ?

10. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    He hasn't yet. As I understand it, the author has said that he'll escape at the end of the second arc, which is also the current one. There should be one more arc after that before the series ends.

11. hanglekuk

Reading List:
    Link
    you are a bit off. this is the third, final arc.
    First arc ended with "soulkill" episode
    Second arc - "Gate is barred".

12. NZPIEFACE

NZPIEFACE Leecher

Reading List:
    Link
    Did we just get a time skip?

13. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder why they had so much trouble the first time then. Did the priests forget to tell the scouts to keep an eye out for a non-hostile human mage or something?

Zorian seems to have forgotten just how many times Zach died when killing that dragon...

I wonder how much he told his sister, and if she convinced him to let her remember.
    Yep. Though honestly, I can't remember how many restarts were left so I'm not sure how much of a time skip it really was.

14. hanglekuk

Reading List:
    Link
    I do hope this is the calm before the storm. The expectations are sky above sky high :)

My key points:
    The chances are the Taiven will be part of team Daimen after this. She proved herself not totally useless and she had something like 5 months + 5 months + extra 100 days (5x 15, 5x 5) developing her skills with booster resources and fine tuned training program (as the rest of the most new loopers).

Angels/Sulrothum interaction suggests there may be some other pleasant surprises/shortcuts for Z&Z to discover. Or may not.

The lizardmen are... even more complicated. No wonder invasion failed. With assassination capacity like Sage had demonstrated it is very easy to mess up command structure...

Last edited: Aug 6, 2018
  15. Bright_Lucky_Star

Bright_Lucky_Star [Previously Known as OrdinaryUser] The Blessed One

Reading List:
    Link
    New chapter wow :aww: didn't see that coming *start reading*

16. hanglekuk

Reading List:
    Link
    zcorpio likes this.
  17. Gitami

Gitami Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Time skip to the last restart. Pretty surprised at the sudden jump, they have to grab the crown from the lich, get the sceptre from the dragon and figure out how to use it, all in a month so there maybe flashbacks. Then it's off to the final arc of stopping Red Robes.

mrttao likes this.
  18. frustratedguy109

frustratedguy109 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thoughts on Silverlake? I honestly don't see why she did it. Considering her age and life experiences, what does that extra year in the time loop matter? Is it really worth releasing a primordial and risking the destruction of the world?

19. Bright_Lucky_Star

Bright_Lucky_Star [Previously Known as OrdinaryUser] The Blessed One

Reading List:
    Link
    Two things people wait to see are appear in this new chapter, yes that's blood enchantment rituals and unbar the sovereign gate,. Zorian enchantment only serve as dimensionalism purpose:blobcry: not like Zach who can use it as dimensionalism and practically direct combat:blobhero:.
    There something little of about the Staff , anyone who remember about royal artifact had mudane and time loop function and how Guardian only know time loop function of royal artifact, then how can this Staff only have function as teleport device:blobspy: ?. :aww:Glad that temporary loopers can get out before their markers expired, now Zorian only have to combine their soul to their original soul respectively, like time loop Zorian and original Zorian, time loop Taiven and orginal Taiven.(That spell used when QI merge Z&Z in chap 2)

20. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    If they physically exit, then how are they planning to reconcile their existences with the originals? Most of the adults are the types of people that would hunt and kill their clones if they found out about them. Heck, Silverlake would probably try to capture the clone for experimentation purposes.

Also, how are they planning to deal with "their" families? Zorian can't exactly kidnap Kirielle to teach her magic and give her a better life if he's not her "real" brother. Is he going to bring loop Kirielle with him? Would she even want to go?

I know it's less useful for the current project, but the sense of that spider would probably be worth having permanently if he could afford the cost. I expect that they'd make both combat and research significantly easier.

I wonder if making miniature gates into dungeons will suddenly become the new power source for all major projects around the world, and if that will have any nasty consequences due to destroying the dungeons' mana balances.

If that staff is that much of a hassle to get, I wonder how they'll manage it in the last restart, assuming that they don't manage to build their gate, and that this isn't the last restart.

If he knows Zorian's name, then how could he fail to know Red Robes' if he'd tried this same thing with him?

Yep, figured it'd be her. I wonder where she expects to live once the primordial destroys the world.
    1) she thinks she can get out of the contract or 2) she just wants to do it to see if she can. She's not a particularly sane person after all.

It has both sets of functions. If the teleportation anchor is set by a time looper, then it persists across loops. If it isn't, then it reverts to whatever it was before the loop. Having the ability to instantly travel across the world is already more than useful enough. Just think about all the time they've wasted in each restart while trying to return to the opposite side of the world to look for the Orb and Staff, and how much easier it would have been to steal the knife if they'd had the staff. Honestly, it's the most useful of the artifacts by far, if for no other reason than that it makes it much easier to re-acquire the others.

They've already stated that they're either unwilling or unable to force possess their originals.