Picked Up Munou wa Fuyou to Iware "Tokei Tsukai" no Boku wa Shokunin Guild kara Oidasareru mo, Dungeon no...

Discussion in 'Novel Pickup Request' started by darkdhaos, Mar 31, 2022.

1. darkdhaos

darkdhaos Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Name: Munou wa Fuyou to Iware "Tokei Tsukai" no Boku wa Shokunin Guild kara Oidasareru mo, Dungeon no Shinbu de Shin no Chikara ni Kakuseisuru - Shigoto ga Mawaranai kara Modore to Iwarete mo Imasara mou Osoi, SSS-kyu Boukensha to Shite Jiyuuni Ikite Ikimasu- (能は不要と言われ『時計使い』の僕は職人ギルドから追い出されるも、ダンジョンの深部で真の力に覚醒する-仕事がらないから戻れと言われても今更もう遅い、SSS級冒険者として自由に生きていきます-)
    Alt. Name: I the "Clock User" was kicked out of the craftsmen's guild for being incompetent, but at the dungeon's depths, I awakened my true power -Even if they tell me to come back cause they can't handle the work, it's too late now, I'll live freely as an SSS-class adventurer- (not sure)
    Raw Link: https://ncode.syosetu.com/n0819he/
    Why It Should Get Picked Up:
    Good and decent fantasy story that includes revenge

Description:
    Cyclo Owen (シクロ=オーウェン) was a young genius engineer, he was someone of great promise in the world of magical tools production. However, at the age of 16, during his skill granting ceremony he was given the job skill of "Clock User" (時計使い). In this world, it was forbidden for those with job skills to work on any other occupation, thus Cyclo's path as a genius engineer was cut off.

But Cyclo did not despair, he kept working diligently as a watchmaker and contributing to the Craftsmen's Guild by using his clock user job skill. However one day, he's banished from the craftsmen's guild by the guildmaster, saying that he was no needed as a watchmaker any longer as there's little usefulness to the watchmaker profession.

And more despair strikes the jobless Cyclo, as he happens to hear that a police officer is planning to rape Miranda Lilibel, the neighborhood's pharmacist lady. As a police officer is involved, he cannot carelessly report the crime. So Cyclo decides to stop the plan that same night. He then tries to stop the police officer who is about to attack Miranda's house, but he is turn detained by the police officer. He is then accused of trying to rape Miranda, and when Miranda hears the commotion, she tells Cyclo that she has misjudge him.

Thus, Cyclo, who is now considered a criminal for attempted rape, is sent to the frontier with the punishment of exploring the worst dungeon that exist in the frontier. In the frontier, imprisoned adventurers are considered to be the lowest class, so Cyclo is looked down upon. Furthermore, due to rumors spread by her younger sister Alice Owen, who's well known as a genius alchemist among adventurers, he is treated as an incompetent here as well.

He was then mistreated by adventurers who used him as a luggage carrier and thrown down to the bottom of a valley in the dungeon.

There at the depths, Cyclo wished that he could use his clock user skill to stop his own internal clock as well, and as he did, his hunger stopped. This led Cyclo to understand that his skill could manipulate anything that could be counted as a clock.

Thus with his true power awakening, Cyclo escaped from the deepest part of the worst dungeon. In recognition of his achievements and skills, he was recognized as an SSS-class adventurer.

On the other hand, those responsibles of Cyclo's misfortune, will suffer misfortune due to Cyclo's disappearance.

Calahan likes this.
  2. Paps

Paps Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So his sister is so petty that after his fall she still needs to continue torture him?? Thats why I cant handle so well 'revange' storys. It seems decent though. Hope is picked up soon.
    +1:blob_plusone:

3. sjmcc13

sjmcc13 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I looked at a few chapters, and no.

She seems to have communication issues, and has been talking down about him for a while. What she said is all from before his being framed. But his wellbeing means a lot to her, and she does not seem to take his sentence very well when she finds eventually out about it
    Or that the guild master was intercepting the funds she was sending to her brother, and putting it aside for her, as he though she was wasting her money on a useless relative

4. Paps

Paps Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ok that sounds better, the description maes her sound like an awfull person, I am glad she isn't.

5. demikid143

demikid143 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I just finished reading the description and I'll pick it up ... I'm from foxaholic ... I'll upload chapters after I translate at least 3, thank you for reading.

Calahan, darkdhaos and DrVanilla like this.
  6. demikid143

demikid143 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
  7. darkdhaos

darkdhaos Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This novel seems to have gotten a LN version, but I think that it hasn't been released yet.