My Annoying Aura Follows Me Into Another World

Discussion in 'Community Fictions' started by SlashCrit, Jan 30, 2016.

?

Do you like the story so far and want more chapters?

Poll closed Feb 24, 2016.
  1. Yes and Yes

27 vote(s)
    69.2%
  2. Yes and No

1 vote(s)
    2.6%
  3. No and Yes

7 vote(s)
    17.9%
  4. No and No

4 vote(s)
    10.3%
  1. SlashCrit

SlashCrit 『Young King of ♥』『Lawyer/Bartender』

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 35: Enlightenment

"Is anyone there?"

How nostalgic..

Oops, I have to respond..

"Yeah, I can hear you.."

I say those words, not out loud. But towards my own head..

There was a moment of silence after..

Like he was just startled from hearing someone answer him..

I can't believe it took him this quick to contact me..

I guess it had something to do with that new skill I got, but still..

"Ah, sorry I was surprised for a minute there. I-is that you, Jun?"

I knew it..

"Yeah, it's me. Finally woke up?"

"No, I've been searching my way through this godforsaken labyrinth of doors to find this room...probably.."

What do you mean probably?

Well, let's ignore it..

"Where are you right now?"

I hear the sound of rustling around after I asked..

"U-umm, I'm not sure. I think I'm in my subconscious but I don't know where exactly here is.."

"What do you mean you don't know?"

"Well, it's a long story so I'll make it quick.."

"Please do.."

"After I gave up looking for a way out of the labyrinth, an elevator suddenly appeared in front of me."

"An elevator?"

"Umu, that's right.."

"Continue, what did you do when it appeared?"

"I went inside."

"You, you what?"

"I went inside the elevator."

"So you just went inside a strange elevator that suddenly appeared, and didn't think twice about it?"

"Wha-what? I couldn't help it. By the time I noticed, I was already inside, and the doors were closed.."

Ah, I'm getting a headache listening to this..

"Then? Did you get out soon after?"

"No, I went up."

*Smack*

I unconsciously found my palm stuck to my forehead..

Does this guy have no sense of hesitation?

"*Sigh* Then, what happened next?"

I decided to ignore it and get on with the story..

"After I went up, I walked through a hallway with lights, and found a huge doorway.."

Wait a minute..

"Lights? You found lights?"

"Yeah, they were fluorescent ones. Why?"

This was peculiar, I never saw any fluorescent lights inside the labyrinth before..

"Ah, it's nothing. What was inside the doorway?"

But I decided to gather more information from this..

"Well, inside the room, I found a large television, a coffee table, and a leather couch. There was a mouse on the table, and soon after the television turned on, these headphones suddenly appeared out of nowhere.."

This was getting more complicated..

"Okay, what was on the television then?"

After I heard the words he saw on the television, my hunch became a reality..

It was that new skill that did this..

I don't know why or how I got it, but it had to be important. Since it suddenly materialized things from Earth..

I had to learn more about this somehow..

So I asked him to elaborate on the options on screen..

Based on what he told me, the skill enabled my other persona to view my memories, see and hear the world through me right at this moment, send messages to the outer persona, and finally change places with each other..

This skill was so elaborate, that it made me feel that something was off..

Like someone meant to give me this skill right at the moment my personality came back..

Of course this was just me being paranoid without any evidence to prove it, so let's sit back for now..

But seeing as how he had a television to browse memories instead of how I meditated, connecting to the inner subconscious, makes me slightly angry..

"Alright, I think I got the gist of it. Now, have you come to terms about your existence?"

"Ah-ah, I'm ready to know what I am now.."

"Huh? What are you talking about? You're whole existence is a mystery, even I don't know how you were created.."

"....."

"............."

"Eh?!? What's with that? Isn't that strange? Hey, hey, aren't you the original? How could you not know what I am and how I got here?!? This isn't some camera show, is it? Is the cameras over there?"

Just speaking with this guy candidly is giving me the urge to bang my head against a wall...

"Even if you scream at me, it's futile. I only remember a voice, taking my memories when I was a child. The next thing I knew, I was replaced with you.."

A deep silence followed after, bringing a moment of tranquility to my head..

I never knew how I took silence for granted..

Such a blessing..

I didn't know how good I had it..

"Ne, you're joking right? I don't even know who I am, you know? Aren't you a genius? I browsed through your memories just now, so think of something to fix this please, I'm begging you here bro.."

"Shut up. I can't even hear myself think with your incessant complaining! I don't know why you were created nor do I know how, so don't expect the impossible from me without any relevant information. Also why are you calling me bro?!? Why are you treating me over-familiarly? This was only one of the few times we spoke to each other clearly, and yet you automatically treat me as a bro?"

Ah...

I snapped...

This wasn't like me..

Somehow, when I listen to this guy, I can't keep calm, and inadvertently tsukkomi everything he says without thinking. Just like those gag comedy shows I saw on television once..

And why am I suddenly the straight man in this conversation?

"Ah, I got it, I got it, I was just scared because I didn't know where I came from. You know, like those cases of identity theft you see in the movies? But it seems that it won't be that easy huh.."

Honestly, his argument has a point. Anyone would freak out over not knowing their origins..

I might have raised my voice because my emotions are out of order..

Considering how I was deliberating over my overconfidence just a moment ago, this is a nice change of pace..

"Alright, first calm down. Nothing is going to be solved by asking questions no one has the answers to. There is a lot of time to find out about the one who created you. But for now, I'm sorry I yelled at you.."

"Nah, it's fine. It would be weird not to when I was acting like that. So, what do we do now?"

"Well, can you access my senses first?"

"Hmm, okay...*Click*... Now what?"

"Alright, now do-"

"Wait, I think something just popped out! What's this? [Aura Pocket] has connected to [API]?"

"Huh, what are you talking about?"

"I don't really know, it just suddenl-Uwahhh! *Crash*"

The line suddenly cut off with the sound of static, then silence..

My instincts say that this is going to be troublesome if I pursue it further, so let's ignore it for now..

Yes, let's wait till he calls me again in the future..

Besides, I have no way of contacting him from here in the first place..

Now, where was I..

Oh yeah, I should start preparing to leave tomorrow..

Just as I was about to move towards the chief's house, there was a tug on my cloak..

When I turned around, it was the one I expected, Jin...

"A-are you leaving now Onii-san?"

Guh, that look, don't stare at me like I just took away your favorite toy..

But this time, I must harden my heart..

Yes, resist it, me..

"Ah, I have to go west tomorrow.."

"Tomorrow? Isn't it going to be hard with the winter blizzards? You'll die out there Onii-san!"

Ah..

I nearly forgot about that..

It was still the start of the winter season, and it will only get worse from hereon out..

I don't have anything that can protect me against the cold except the clothes teacher made me..

Still, I doubt it would perfectly repel the cold though..

"Onii-san, why don't you stay here for a while, just until winter passes. I don't want you to die from the cold.."

"Sure."

"Really? That's great!"

Oh no, that was bad..

I instantly replied to his question because of how cute he looked..

But I won't ever admit those thoughts out loud. Not until I die..

Well, it's fine..

I could stay here until spring comes..

The war should be at a stalemate due to the cold anyway..

Also, I had to cure the other children of the village too..

Why was I so forgetful now?

Is it a side effect of having your memories looked over?

I hope that guy isn't doing anything weird to my memories..

Knowing his luck, I might be better off wishing pigs could fly..

"*Sigh*"

I let out a deep breath, that turned into steam, dispersing into the ever-chilling atmosphere..

"Well, it's getting colder now, let's go back inside, shall we?"

Germundo said to the me who was daydreaming..

"Ah, let's go back then.."

When we were walking towards the front of the house, something warm touched my fingertips..

*Clasp*

It was the little wolf-kid's hand..

"Just as I thought, onii-san's hand is warm.."

So cute...

*Cough* I mean, that's just the gloves..

"A-ah, yours is too.."

I can't believe I said that out loud..

I want to shoot myself..

Maybe I could..

As I was contemplating on materializing one of my guns with [Aura Weapon Creation], a man suddenly rushed towards us, running with bated breath..

Naturally, I put myself on guard..

But it seemed that he was a normal villager, seeing his clothing that looked peasant-like..

Still, let's keep an eye on him..

I've learned my lesson in taking people lightly..

"Chief! Chief!"

He seemed to be calling out to Germundo at my side..

When he made it towards us, he suddenly dropped to the cold ground in a bowing position..

It looked like the "dogeza" from my previous world..

"Please! Please save my child! Chief, she's dying!"

The village man said with tears dropping to the ground..

"What!? Kael? Of course we'll help! Orion-dono!"

"Really? You can cure my daughter?"

The man suddenly got suspicious and at the same time, hopeful towards the chief's words..

I couldn't blame him, since the disease was deemed incurable..

Then, did he ran here, even with the thought that it was futile?

Maybe he was just running away from reality, or he was desperate in finding a way to cure his child..

I will never know, neither will I ask about it..

For now, let's not let another life get taken..

So, I express an affirming nod towards Germundo, and his lips curled up into a relieved smile soon after..

He turned towards the groveling man beneath our feet while helping him stand up and said..

"Ah, let's go! Lead the way Kael!"

The man's face suddenly brightened up, and after, he wiped his tears with his right hand sleeve..

"Thank you, thank you so much. Follow me!"

He expressed his gratitude while standing up, even though we haven't done anything yet..

While gesturing us to follow him while he started sprinting, we followed soon after..

So he was just a desperate father in the end, trying to save his daughter..

That was close..

My eyes suddenly turned empty for a moment there..

When I looked towards the groveling position that I was so sick of looking at in the past, my habit almost resurfaced..

As to what that is exactly, I try not to remember it..

When we stopped running for a few minutes, we were in front of a dilapidated house, looking at the roof starting to fall apart, and the wood showing its age..

But this was no time to judge their place of dwelling..

We swiftly entered through the doorway with the man who was named Kael, leading the way..

Inside, there were various cloths and furs neatly folded into bundles, placed at the sides..

There was also a counter at the farthest end, with a door placed behind it..

I guessed this was some kind of tailor shop..

When Kael led us through the door behind the counter, I could hear soft, erratic breathing noises..

Which meant that the child was in the room..

I scanned the small space, and found a woman with brown hair, crying a river of tears whilst holding the hand of a young girl, laying on cloth made out of an animal's fur..

She looked like she was going to break if you just touched her a little bit..

Those thin arms and legs, with a pale complexion..

When I touched her other hand without permission, it was cold as expected..

The woman who seemed to be this child's mother suddenly noticed me by then, and looked up towards me with a perplexed expression on her face, but her tears still did not stop flowing down her cheeks..

Since I don't want to look at a woman crying, let's finish this quickly..

After a few minutes, I've confirmed that the kid's health condition is stable, and told the parents my diagnosis and the results of the healing method I did. Of course I didn't divulge how, but they were still overjoyed after I said it..

Whilst wiping sweat off my brow, I stood up, and spoke to Germundo..

This was the third time I used this skill combination, so I had gotten better control over it..

I told Germundo, the village chief, to gather all the sick in one place, so I could heal them..

He grinned at me when he heard those words, like he expected it from the beginning..

Please give me a break..

I just wanted to help the weak, it is nothing that major..

After, I told him about my plan to renovate the houses inside the village..

He was shocked at how I told him that this was the main reason the sickness was rampant during winter..

But, to my surprise, he immediately turned serious, and started talking..

Should I say, as expected of a village chief?

He told me that he had always thought of improving the villager's houses, thereby improving their lifestyle, way back then. But it had always been stopped at the idea stage, since it would cost a lot of money to do..

It seemed that money was important in many aspects even in a different world..

I didn't particularly think about wealth, since I had more than I could spend in an entire lifetime..

So, I told him that I would pay for it myself..

His eyes nearly popped out of his sockets when he heard me sponsoring an entire village's renovation alone..

He tried to explain to me how much it would cost, and such..

But it only amounted to three large gold coins..

Was this village that poor?

It couldn't be helped, so I used a bit of [Fear Aura] in my voice, and the chief quickly agreed to let me take over..

Then, he immediately rushed outside in a hurry..

I could have sworn I smelled urine in the air, but it must have been my imagination..

There were much more people than I thought..

Wasn't this a village? How many kids can each family bring, honestly...

When I was done healing all the children, I let Germundo take over, and explain to the villagers the name of the disease, its cause, and how to prevent it in the future. All leading up to announcing the start of the renovation project..

Just like we rehearsed..

After the villagers heard the last bit, they were screaming in joy and happiness..

They also asked where would we get the gold to fund such a big project..

Naturally, Germundo said that there was an anonymous donor..

I couldn't let people know I was wealthy, or else they would flock to me in hordes like in my past life..

So I had Germundo keep my identity a secret..

When night came, he informed me that there was a blacksmith in the village who could make the windows, and the men would replace the rooves and walls..

There was no problem with the wood, since we could buy it from the village woodcutter, but there wasn't any materials for glass-making inside the village..

I was about to suggest buying it from another town, but since the weather was dreadful, and the distance between the village and the nearest town would take a week at best, I held my tongue..

Instead, I thought up another way to procure materials, and told the chief to leave it all to me..

I told him that I would elaborate on the details tomorrow, since it was late..

Yes, the whole day was spent, healing and going over the plans..

I was walking to the room I was allocated to rest my tired self, when I passed by the two children playing..

When Jin noticed me, he waved to me and said..

"Good night, onii-san!"

Ah, how I wish I could hear that every night before I go to bed..

It was just so relaxing..

Ah, no, no, this is bad..

I am slowly turning into something I'm not..

The chief's daughter also noticed me and shyly waved to me but I didn't notice it..

I quickly went inside the room and plopped onto the bed made of fur..

For a bed in a village, this was unexpectedly soft..

The person who tailored this must have adept skills..

I was slowly thinking about idle thoughts to keep me away from thinking about the cute kids outside..

While staying like that, I slowly drifted to sleep..

When I came to, I was stuck in a cramped space..

Well, not exactly cramped, but still smaller than I remember..

Judging by the soft, feeling in my fingertips, like I was touching a carpet, I was not in the other world..

Since this level of detail and softness was not present there..

So where was I?

When I look up, I saw two bright silver metallic doors, and a machine placed on the wall next to it..

Strange, this looked exactly like..

An elevator..

Now I see where this is going..

I calmly stood up, and placed my hand on the machine that had an outline of a palm, and invoked aura..

Aura Detected: Identifying..
    Identify Complete: Confirmed Identity..
    User: Orion (1st Persona)

A window suddenly appeared in front of me, confirming my identity..

Suddenly, the elevator started to move upwards..

Soon after, it stopped, and the doors split, revealing a long hallway, illuminated with lights..

I get out, and the elevator suddenly vanishes into thin air..

Then, I walked up to a light, and examined it by touching it..

I could feel a faint trace of heat emanating from the fluorescent light, leading me to believe it was authentic..

After confirming the authenticity of the item that should not even be here, I walk through the long hallway..

Whilst walking, the sound of my steps echoed throughout the corridor, bouncing off the walls..

I wasn't perturbed since I didn't believe in the occult or the like..

Only an idiot would trust in those regretful spirits and such..

About a few minutes had passed when I reached the two large doors that guy told me about..

I guess he wasn't kidding..

These are over 4 meters tall..

The size of the doorway was overbearing, and got me curious on who was it meant for..

Just as I was about to try to open the door, the smell of smoke wafted through the air..

There was another indescribable smell with it, but the smoke usually signified danger..

Was there a fire inside?

Is that guy really safe?

Was he trapped, and unable to get out?

My mind moved rapidly thinking of various hypotheses and questions..

But first, I had to calm down..

No matter what, standing around here worrying won't do anything..

I ready myself, and held the large doorknobs..

Then, I didn't forget to armor my whole body with [Dragon King's Aura] to repel the heat inside..

*Click*

With the sound of a lock opening, the large gates swung open revealing..

*Sizzle*

A white haired youth turning his back, that seemed to be doing something with a frying pan over a high flame..

The large room was filled with various items and metal coins, etc to the brim..

Over at the far end of the room, between all the mess, and beyond a large television and couch set, was a man squatting down before the fire that was emitting black smoke..

He was taking pieces of delicious smelling meat strips, and was placing them on the pan one by one..

"Man, this is going to be so-hmm?"

"....."

"....."

"....."

"...Eh?"

The person in question broke the awkward silence..

Which was pretty impressive, since I did coldly stare at him for a long time..

"Oi, what are you doing?"

"Huh? Can't you tell? I was coo-wait, wait, why are you even here in the first place!?"

"The hell if I knew, I suddenly woke up in an elevator.."

"Ah, it might be because of those windows huh, now that I think about it.."

Windows? Was he talking about when he suddenly cut off from me?

"What do you mean window?"

"Well, there was a window that said [API Guest List] and your name was listed as invited, but never mind that.."

What do you mean never mind? Do you just completely disregard everything that seems important?

Ah, my headaches is coming back..

Which is ironic, since I was, technically, in my head..

It's just that I think that this person had a very small amount of common sense, or a sense of danger for that matter..

In turn, makes it hard to deal with him..

"Never mind then, more importantly, what happened when you got cut off?"

"Well, you see, windows started appearing when I enabled myself to see the world through your eyes for some reason, and items suddenly appeared in waves, which almost drowned me.."

I guess that's what the earlier window did, something about the storage mixing with this room..

"So, what did you do with it?"

"There were doors which appeared at the same time as the items, so I swam there, and opened it, only to find that it was a large closet that spanned maybe miles.."

"So, you stuffed most of them in there?"

"Yep, but I kept the useful stuff in this room though, I wanted to make living here easier.."

You only got here today, and you decided to make this room your home already?

I suppress my inner thoughts and continue..

"And, you decided to cook?"

"Of course, cooking calms me down. Oh! here, the meat is done, try one.."

He takes a seared strip of brownish-red meat, and places it on a plate..

When he presented it to me, I took a fork, and took a bite out of it..

"...."

I was rendered speechless..

This wasn't anything I've ever tasted before..

So this was what those memories showed..

I could only see, hear, and feel, through the outside, by fully immersing in meditation before..

I couldn't come close to tasting..

This wasn't like those gourmet restaurants I used to frequent when I was a kid..

It had a more, oomph taste..

I can't express it in words..

Except..

"...Delicious.."

The words flow through my lips as smooth as butter..

I unconsciously muttered my real feelings after I tasted the simple dish..

"Right? I tried a new spicing method on that dish. Glad to know you like it!"

A glowing smile..

An expression that could say that he was happy at the sight of someone eating his food..

But with a hint of passion, maybe concerning his drive to catch up with teacher..

Naturally, I couldn't relate to it, since I had never tasted teacher's meals..

After that, I kept talking to my other persona about how we were going to go about this..

But after a few minutes, he got bored and talked about his stories instead..

I knew about this already through his memories, but I was interested in the things about teacher..

He really must have treated him like a father figure..

At the end of the talk that spanned a few hours, the plate of cooked meat was licked clean..

It seemed that I could enter this room every night unconsciously until I could learn how to control it..

Until then, this is going to be a daily occurrence..

It is strange to think of two minds living in one body but I could learn to live with it..

As I finalized the details on tomorrow's plans, I could feel my body glowing..

"Ah, it's time. The skill is sending you back I suppose.."

"I guess it is morning now, huh?"

I was slightly closer to my other persona now due to him sharing his stories, and maybe because of the food too..

"Oh, I almost forgot. If you want to contact me instead, use this!"

He suddenly threw me a small, black device, that glittered like a star in the air..

I hurriedly caught it between my fingers using my right hand..

"Why can't you contact me instead?"

I was thankful for the gesture but at the same time, curious on why he did it..

"Ah, I found a way to watch videos on the internet for some reason, so I'm gonna be preoccupied for a while.."

With his fist lightly hitting his head, one of his eyes closed, and a goofy grin on his face, he said that..

That strange gesture somehow makes me want to punch him..

But, I'll endure for now..

I look towards the item in my hands..

It was a small, dark earpiece that was abundant on Earth. It was used in calling..

I think its name was, hands-free blue tooth device..

But I didn't have time to examine the device more clearly, since I was fully engulfed in light soon after..

shiroechan20 likes this.
  2. SlashCrit

Reading List:
    Link
    More Character Images

It's me again, here to bring you images to help in reading the story as it goes through the motions..

These images are purely for imagery's sake..

[​IMG]

Reiten Tsuki Battle Mode

[​IMG]

Derek Fullbringer

[​IMG]

Fenrir

[​IMG]
    Alexander

[​IMG]

Lucifer Nefas Viurele

[​IMG]

Jin Kaiser

[​IMG]

Serena La Aurera

[​IMG]

Anna Ver Gardenia

[​IMG]

Lute Ver Gardenia​

Last edited: Mar 13, 2016
    Zone Q11 likes this.
  3. marine1corps

marine1corps Invisible to all Novel Updates Staff

Reading List:
    Link
    Nice drawings. Do you make them yourself?

4. Durrendal

Durrendal Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Nice drawings. Where did you get them?

5. Nyarlathotep

Nyarlathotep The laziest and the King of Procrastination

Reading List:
    Link
    I need MOAR CHAPTAHHHH!!

6. SlashCrit

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 36: Winter Mornings

"So it's already morning.."

I say my first words at the start of a new day after opening my eyelids. What greeted me was a streak of sunlight refracting from the windowsill..

Of course, there was no glass.

Well, not yet.

I get up from my laying position, and sit up on the bed. I turn my head to look beyond the window, and into the horizon..

Judging by the fact that it was still slightly warm, it must have been early in the morning. Just after daybreak. The morning is the only time during the winter season wherein you feel the most warmth for the rest of the day.

So, its a good idea to go outside at this time, rather than endure the chill of the afternoon later.

Hmm? I felt something small in my hand..

When I open my fingers on my right palm, I saw the small, black communication device.

"So it got carried over? How does that even work?"

I was curious about the laws of space being broken, but I needed more information on the laws of this world before I make a conclusion about the possible and impossible..

After examining it for a while, I place it inside my right ear.

*Glow*

I could sense a faint trace of magic being used from inside the device while it was shining golden for a second..

The next moment, the earpiece was gone.

I wanted to know what happened to it, but there were no mirrors within my reach.

But then I remembered how I was going to make glass for the villagers without having to go to another city.

This combination of skills would be, most likely considered a cheat, but there was no other way.

"[Aura Weapon Creation]"

Various colors of light seep from my skin, and meld together into an item in front of my very eyes..

The result was..

A glass sword.

Umu, that's right.

A long, clear sword made entirely out of glass..

I didn't know the principle behind this skill, but it seemed that I could actually make any weapon as long as I knew the minor details of its construction. I knew most weapons and how they were made through various research in the past but I didn't think that it would prove this useful in another world..

You just had to imagine countless atoms and molecules of different elements melding together into a shape.

Simple. right?

Well, now that that's over, let's begin..

I again invoked [Dragon King's Aura] to produce a high heat from my palm, in order to melt the long sword of glass structure, into a flat pane. But I had to do this carefully since I didn't want to deform its shape.

I wished I could have used the elementary magic, [Heat Spark] as to make this easier, but alas, I cannot use magic spells no matter what method I try. Which can only lead me to believe that the [Aura Gift] skill was to blame.

When it said that other magic couldn't be used, I tried to find a loophole, but the results say that it was a waste of effort. Frustration will get me nowhere, so lets make do with what I have for now.

While carefully heating each part of the sword one by one, from the hilt to its very tip, I have succeeded in making a flat surface of glass. Although its so clouded you cannot see through it, nor see your reflection.

I concluded that this must have something to do with the way I heated it, whether the temperature was too high or too low, I couldn't derive the answer. But it was a fact that this was a problem.

Faced with this problem that could very be the crux of failure in my ingenious plan, I racked my brains for a solution..

After a few minutes, I thought of something. I hope this could work though.

"[Frigid Aura]"

I apply aura to my fingertips using my newly gained skill, to make a thin layer of frost over the flat heated area.

Resulting in..

*Shine*

A purple haired youth with white bangs and one ruby-colored eye was reflected over the surface of ice. I noticed something different on my right ear that wasn't there before..

It looked like an inverted letter "S" adorned with black patterns. Just located beneath my earlobe.

So that's what happened to the device. Maybe now I can contact my other persona without having to worry about the earpiece falling out of my ear when I move faster than usual.

Now, since I confirmed that I could make a mirror with this method, lets try making a window. Where you can actually see through to the outside this time..

*Grumble*

"Ah, I guess it will have to wait. I forgot I haven't eaten breakfast yet."

I say out loud towards my growling stomach. Then, before standing up, I place the improvised mirror of my own creation under the bed, and go out of the room through the door.

As I was walking through the narrow hall, since my allocated room was at the end of it, I heard the sounds of wind being cut, again and again, in an erratic fashion. By this I meant, that the sounds were coming at different intervals..

Since curiosity got the best of me, for there may be a chance that an enemy has infiltrated without my notice. Although that's close to 0.00000001 % with me on high alert, and my [Aura Barrier] spread out around the radius of the village chief's house, I won't let my guard down even for a second. I stealthily hide my steps with [Stealth Aura] and walked towards the place where the erratic sound was coming from.

I stopped at the doorway that lead into the garden, and peeked out slowly from the side. Only to see..

A sword in a slashing motion. The shiny blade adorned with silver metal, refracting the rays of the gleaming sunrise.

The slender build of the nostalgic weapon from my past life. I was awed in front of its beauty if but only for a moment..

Even though the one swinging it had amateurish movements that even a novice like me could tell, it doesn't make the slight afterimages of where the sword had passed through, cutting the air, any less pleasant to look at.

In an open space behind the house, where the few trees were covered, and the grass was fully blanketed with snowfall from last night, a boy with ears and a swaying tail with a short stature was sweating out his feelings..

"Hey, Jin!"

Ah. I called out to him unconsciously. Maybe it was because I was impressed by his sword? No, that's not it.

I have an inkling about why I did it. It had something to do with me being weak to kids. Though, I will never admit it publicly. I had no plans of being misunderstood by ill-minded people.

Well, there's nothing I could do about it now. Since he just heard my voice, and started jogging towards my direction..

With a bright smile, he sheathed his katana-like weapon, and hung it around his neck, placing it at his tiny back. Then, he started moving towards the doorway while waving to me, who was wryly smiling and waving back.

"(Ah, so cute..)"

This is bad. No, get that thought out of my head!

Wait a minute..

That may have sounded like my voice, but I could tell that it wasn't for some reason. Am I imagining it?

"(*Gulp* Yes, yes I am imagining it. Don't mind it.)"

Ah, is that so. Well, I guess that's fine then..

"(Phew..)"

"Is that what you thought I would say!? You bastard! Placing things in my head without permission!"

"(Uwwaaaaa, he's mad. I'm sorry okay. Really am. It was an accident, I just blurted out my thoughts. That's all.)"

"Don't mess with me, you! You clearly did it on purpose!"

"(Yes, it's true. I was having fun teasing you. The accident part was a lie.)"

"Why!? Why would you do that at a random time like this!? It's still morning you know? Also, why did you just confess readily in a respectful tone!? Are you making fun of me!?"

"(Yes. I'm free after all..)"

"Ah, this is hopeless. Talking to you is like speaking to a monkey!"

I place my head into my lifeless arms, unconsciously trying to put strength into it, to break my skull. Although I stopped just before I felt pain, it was still a tempting offer.

"Also, why are you suddenly free!? What happened to the videos you were going to watch? And why was being free, a valid reason in your book?!"

"(Well, it's quite simple really. The internet suddenly went down. Man, I wish the IT guy was here.)"

"That's the reason!? And why would you think an IT guy was in a differe-"

"Um, onii-san?"

Ah. I forgot he was there..

When I looked downwards from my raging tsukkomi act with my other self, Jin was there, wiping his sweat with a white towel swung around his neck, tilting his head ever so slightly with a curious look in his eyes. Naturally, the one he was looking at, was yours truly. The man who was screaming towards the heavens without a care in the world, even though it was still morning.

But, instead of embarrassment, when I saw his face looking up at me, there was only one thought that came to mind..

""(So cute..) So cute..""

Strangely, my thoughts were perfectly in sync with the other Orion for the first time since we spoke.

It was like we took the first step towards camaraderie at that moment. I inwardly shake hands with my second persona inside my head, signaling a truce between us for now.

"(Cute is justice.)"

Umu, that's a wonderful phrase. So be it, I finally understand what the truth is. The ultimate truth.

While being caught up in my daydreams and enlightenment, Jin called out to me again..

"Onii-san! Are you okay?"

So he was worried about me. That made my head go flying for a second, but let's act like nothing happened as to not let him see my uncool side. Yes, let's do that.

"Yes, yes, I was just thinking about what to make for breakfast is all. What would you like?"

"(Oi, pervert. I saw your memories you know? How dare you try to pass off those methods as cooking. Is that for real? Are you even right in the head? Now, you're even taking requests that you are bound to mess up anyhow.)"

I get that you're insulting my cooking but I did as the instructions told me to the letter. I have no reason to be reprimanded by you when I followed it all. And did you just call me a pervert? You did, didn't you?

"(What instructions, you mean my memories? Those had nothing to do with how to cook right, you little kid loving pervert. Like Master always said, your cooking had to contain your passion and feelings in it. Simple instructions isn't going to make your food any tastier. In fact, I could say it was blander than the normal food in this world.)"

You did call me a pervert, and it changed slightly too! Also, why are you so arrogant about something teacher taught you? It's not like you figured it all that out by yourself!

But, no matter how much I complained about it, he was right. The food that I made didn't taste as good as I thought it would be. What was I thinking, offering to make breakfast..

"You can cook onii-san? Mom was always sick so she couldn't cook for me. Instead, we always ate bread and soup everyday because I was the only one working on the fields before."

"Ah, I'll make you something good okay? Look forward to it."

"Un, I will!"

With a beaming grin, he ran off towards the chief's room. I'm guessing it was to wake Germundo and his daughter up.

When he was out of sight, I banged my head against the wall a moment after..

*Bang*

*Crack*

*Crumble*

With that, instead of my head bleeding, a large hole was made in the middle of the wall. It was to be expected though.

"(I guess you could say, you're hard-headed. *Chuckle*)"

Shut up. I can't deal with your jokes in this situation.

"(Killjoy.)"

While lamenting the fact that I automatically responded to Jin's sob story. I also regretted getting his hopes up. It was strange since in my previous life, the other men and women who groveled before me with their own sad life stories didn't even make me feel pity towards them. Did this world change me? Or was my weakness to kids finally revealed?

I had no way of knowing at this current point in time.

"(Hey, are you seriously getting depressed over this? Can't you tell them that you can't do it after all? It would be better than getting their hopes up, and ultimately bring them down with your bland cooking.)"

Hmm? Can't do it? I can't do it..

That's it!

"(Huh, what's it?)"

If I can't do it, I just have to make you do it instead! It's genius if I do say so myself.

"(Ah! That's pretty smart! But how am I going to move you?)"

Idiot. Do you see the - Request Interchanging of Persona - on the television? Click that option and we might change places, and you could move the main body in my stead.

"(Is that so. What a convenient option. I always thought it was a gag-like option. Like changing your facial expressions at random times, leading you to embarrass yourself in front of others. Things like that.)"

What kind of thought process do you have? Well, it doesn't matter. Hurry and switch with me for the time being.

"(Okay, but I'm not responsible for any accidents after I press this. Just letting you know.)"

Even in a serious matter, this guy always finds a way to get on my nerves.

*Click*

With the sound of something clicking in my head, a window appeared in front of me..

Notification
    [Aura Persona] has requested for interchange of personalities
    Accept / Decline

I pressed "Accept" without hesitation.

Then, my scenery started to change from a narrow hallway with a doorway leading towards the outside, to a dim room with a large television, a couch, a coffee table, and various items for cooking and miscellaneous use scattered on the floor. Which meant that my transfer was successful.

But looking at the state of the room, I could complain about how he never bothered to clean it up. It was stressful just looking at all the clutter scattered around me. There were pieces of meat lying around, and the grill was still on for god's sake..

Being the way that I am, I decided to clean up this room that could be likened to a shut-in's place of dwelling. Not that I couldn't imagine that guy being a shut-in myself.

A half-hour later, I sat on the long, leather couch. I then looked around, seeing that every item inside the room was methodically organized by yours truly. At the sides of the walls were ingredients, tools, utensils, coins, etc.

All arranged according to size, weight, and use. While being satisfied at the big change to the room that looked as messy as a barn's storage closet, turned into a neat living room with abundance of large spaces for other furniture, I held the mouse on the table, and invoked aura towards my fingertips. A moment after, the monitor turned on by itself, and the options appeared before me..

Welcome to Aura Persona Interactive [ API ]
    User: Jun (Admin)
    :Admin Options:
    - Playback Memories -
    - Moderator View Mode -
    - Connect to [Aura Archive] -
    - Announce Thoughts -
    - Command Interchanging Of Persona -
    - Access Internet -
    - Search Specific Item -
    - Create / Destroy Personas {Current Number: 2}
    - Inner Labyrinth Map -
    - Rearrange Room Design -
    - Shut Down [ API ] -

Fumu, this options list was slightly different than the other me described. No, it's completely different. Did he lie to me? No, there was no benefit in lying. Also, I can't imagine that naive brain of his to get the courage to lie to himself.

Which meant that in terms of the [User] rank, I was considered an admin? Most of these sound dangerous, so let's leave it until I could learn more information about this system and who created it before I do something irreversible.

To stay safe, I press the - Moderator View Mode - and hoped for the best..

When I did, the monitor suddenly changed into a video format, like those live stream videos my other persona always used to watch, with players playing games and reacting to them. But, I couldn't hear the sound.

Just as I was thinking that, a set of headphones suddenly appeared out of thin air, onto the coffee table before my eyes. Taking a closer look, it was colored red and blue on each side, and there was no wire sticking out of it like normal headphones would have back on Earth.

So, I picked it up. I then placed it on my head to test it out. After covering my ears with a slightly soft sensation like earmuffs, I heard voices. Apparently, the voices seemed to match what was being said by the people on screen..

I concluded that the headphones were actually somehow connected to the system to let me hear what's going on.

Now, that everything was in place, I could finally see if my other persona was successfully transferred, and if so, what was he doing. I focus my attention towards the screen and perk my ears up to listen to the conversation..

"That smells good onii-san! What are you making?"

The expectant voice of Jin reverberates into my earlobes..

"It's a secret, Jin-kun. Find out when I'm done.."

"Ah, alright! Sharon, you're looking forward to onii-san's cooking too right?"

Jin suddenly looked towards the sleepy village chief's daughter. I guess she was doing alright now compared to the day before yesterday. Instead of her usual pale complexion, the tinge of brightness is slightly evident around her.

'Fue!? Ah, Jin? Yes, it does smell good. It makes my stomach growl.."

I was hearing the surprised voice of Germundo's daughter while watching Orion cook up some omelettes and bacon..

"Now, now, it won't be long Sharon-chan, Germundo-san is even drooling you know?"

With a carefree tone, my other persona places the finished dishes, garnished with some kind of spice, and with a side of a strange looking sauce, on four plates. Then, he places the plates onto a large serving tray, and brings them towards the hungry kids and unsightly village chief.

"Done, now bon appetit!"

After he said those words, the people in question tilted their heads in confusion.

"Bo-ne, apeteet?"

The one who broke the silence was the chief's daughter with a slightly high voice. But without batting an eyelid, the other me, who looked as if he was as calm as a flowing river when he was in his element, said this..

"No, no, 'bon appetit' is an expression that means 'enjoy your meal'. It's no wonder you couldn't understand it because it's written in a different language. So, once again.. Bon appetit!"

Honestly, this guy can become one of those hosts in clubs if you judge him purely based on appearance and demeanor whilst inside this state of explaining dishes. I bet the fundamentals of cooking had been forcibly drilled into him again and again by teacher as to reach this level of confidence.

As if enticed by his words, with glittering eyes, the three took their first bite..

Why the heck was the chief enraptured too? Mumbling things like glimmer something. Are you a kid?

Finally, the spiced omelette and glazed bacon strips were fully consumed in a panic until there wasn't even a crumb left. Scary, hungry people can be scary after all.

"Thank heavens, I was able to consume Glimmer-sama's home made cooking! I am blessed! *Grovel*"

"Eh!? There's no need to grovel Germundo-san! It's just breakfast, Sharon-chan stop him please.."

"Ah, yes! Father, Orion-san doesn't like your groveling!"

"Eh, well then. I shall grovel even more! Even this isn't enough to repay the meal I was graciously given!"

"Onii-san, I don't want to admit it, but your cooking is even better than what my mom used to make. I'm glad I got to taste it. It was even better than I expected! Thank you.."

With a slight tear out of his eyes, Jin thanked the other me with a loud voice. Though, I wished I was the one being thanked instead, but there was nothing I could do about it.

"Oh, Jin-kun what are you saying? I'll be making dishes until winter is over you know? Also I noticed how you swung your sword earlier. To be honest, it was awful.."

Oi, you peeping tom, don't be harsh on a little kid! Is what I'd like to say but I couldn't reprimand him because I was, technically peeping myself. Although it was true, I would have still used gentler words than that.

"Ah, really? You saw me huh? It's because I was used to swinging a sword with a larger blade onii-san! The one mom gave me from dad was a slender sword that I had trouble adjusting to."

Well, what do you know, the kid can take criticism just like that, as expected of Jin.

"Right, I get what you mean, that type of sword is called a [Katana] and it's mainly used for slashing and piercing. Unlike the broadswords that were swung with only strength, this weapon is designed for technique and speed."

"Ah, I understand. So there's a different way of using it then? You look like you know a lot more about it onii-san!"

"Hmph, of course. I used to study [Kendo] back then you know? Then, how about this, since I'm free, I could take the time to teach you swordsmanship every morning from now until spring. Is that okay with you?"

I was shaken by the nonchalant words that effortlessly came out of his mouth driven by overconfidence and automatically clicked the - Announce Thoughts - option on screen.

A microphone suddenly grew out from the side of the headphones and was placed in front of my mouth..

With the words [ Speak Now ] flashing on screen, I reprimand the arrogant personality of mine.

"Idiot, what do you mean free? I have a job to do with the villagers about their window problems!"

I say into the microphone in a stern tone as to let him know that I was mad. With that, a reply came..

"(Eh? You're still alive?)"

"Of course I am, why did you think I was dead in the first place?"

"(Ah, it's because you didn't speak for a while so I thought..never mind that, what about the windows? Can't you do that in the afternoon instead?)"

"Idiot, you know that winter is going to be freezing cold and the afternoons are the coldest times right after to nighttime, what are you trying to do, freeze the villagers to death?"

"(Geez, would you please stop calling me an idiot? You could just make them fur coats or something to protect them from the cold. It's that simple!")

"How do you propose we do that, there are no sheep, and bears should be hibernating. There is no-ah..."

"(It seems you realized it just now, didn't you?)"

"Ah, the [Snow Wind Demon]'s fur, is that what you were saying?"

"(Bingo. They were very large so I bet their fur would be enough for the small population of this village. Now would you stop calling me an idiot?)"

"Ah, I'm sorry for calling you an idiot, Orion.."

"(It's okay, then I'll call you Jun instead so we won't be confused.)"

"That's fine by me. Also about the training, you can do it every morning if you'd like. I have no skill in swordsmanship after all, so knock yourself out."

"(I was gonna do it anyway, with or without your consent. But thanks anyway.)"

This guy..

Just for that, I won't tell him that I secretly appraised Jin's katana. The result was that only the name was readable, "The Ancestral Blade" and the rest was jumbled characters. It was because my [Aura Eyes] proficiency wasn't high enough to see through it, meaning that that sword must have been at least a [Mythical] class weapon, if not higher..

In terms of skill proficiency levels, apparently it was divided into five levels. Mainly from [Beginner] to [Novice], [Intermediate], [Advanced], and finally leading up to [Master] level. It would only get harder to improve a skill the more you advance levels. People who wield a [Master] level skill were the rarest of the rare, for they were very few in number. A normal person wouldn't even reach it in his/her entire lifetime.

Although, they say that when you break through the peak of [Master] level, there was a hidden realm that was even more powerful than it, but that was just a hypothesis for now. I was waiting for my [Fear Aura] to breakthrough but I think it wasn't possible any time soon..

As to the things that pertain to weapons, they were judged based on appearance, weapon power and overall usefulness and was divided into 7 categories. The list was as follows starting from the lowest grade which was a [Common] weapon, then an [Uncommon], [Rare], [Gem], [Legend], [Mythical], and finally the [Divine] grade weapon.

It was said that each country had one [Legend] weapon in their possessions, being called their "treasured sword", and was treated as if it was an object out of reach for the people living there.

But, this had no relation to me since I create my own weapons out of nothing. Also, I only just read this in a book I bought once, and it got me slightly interested but ultimately bored me.

Well, it seemed that both Orion and Jin had come to an agreement while I was thinking about levels and grades. They decided to use every morning starting tomorrow for sword training. Well, that's good and all, but I had to proceed with the frostbite countermeasures before the winter season gets worse.

So, when Orion went back to my allocated room after eating, he looked at the mirror layered with frost, and I could see that his hair turned white like before. I'm amazed they didn't notice it. No, I guess the chief pretended not to.

Since I knew that behind his playful but weird behavior, lies intelligence and determination to keep his village safe.

In any case, I'm thankful for it. So, I let Orion know that it was time to change back again, and after receiving a reply, I clicked the - Command Interchanging of Persona - option, and my consciousness went back to my main body after a slight dizziness. I could see my purple hair in the mirror after coming back. Checking for any abnormalities, I was relieved there was none.

"Well, let's go move forward with my plans."

I said while carrying the large mirror under my arm, walking outside the door..

7. SlashCrit

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 37: Snowflakes

- Orion's POV -

It's the middle of the afternoon and I was walking through the village in a good mood..

With a cart full of [Demon Boar] corpses at my back, with both hands pulling it. Today I think we caught twenty, no thirty demonic beasts in the forest. I hope it doesn't cause any problems with the forest's ecology but I didn't really care that much about it, much less know about its effects, so I left it at that.

At my sides were my hunting companions. At my right, my new protege, the beaming and energetic Jin-kun. At my left side was Lena-san, the trap expert, and her friend, Sharl, the healing cleric. Finally, the ones limping behind the cart as if their life force was taken out of them was the two guys, Dale-san and Kizu-san.

Dale-san had a [Warrior] class, so I had him lure the enemies with his skill, [Warrior's Taunt] as to make hunting easier for me. Since if I went out in the open, all lesser beasts I meet will run scared, and I could find myself going back empty-handed. I don't know why he was tired though, I only made him use his skill and run around for hours on end. No big deal really..

While Dale-san was baiting the enemies, I made Kizu-san, the archer of the two, shoot the enemies from afar. At first he was failing to get a clean strike, and had to shoot multiple times just to kill one of the [Demon Boars]. It was tiring to look at, so I gave him pointers from my time studying archery back when I was frequenting martial arts classes in Japan. Though, after every session he seemed to have improved slightly. But one time he somehow collapsed, was it that tiring to jump on tree branches while having weights on you while shooting? I had no problem before though..

In contrast with the two who were moving at faster speeds whilst fearing for their lives if they make a single mistake, Lena-san and Sharl-san were just quite frankly, spectators. Since Sharl-san had the job of a healer, she would stay at the back, and only when there was an injury would she step up. Though Lena-san only placed a few traps that caught some beasts here and there, she did not move that much.

Meanwhile, Jin-kun was the main damage dealer, slashing with his weapon when an opening presented itself. Until those moments came, I told him to meld into the surroundings to erase his presence. Since I used it as a way of practically applying his newly learned sword skills I taught him, directly from Master's "Purgatory Sword Style". Although he couldn't master it fully, he learned it quickly, he might have been even faster than me.

I could see the potential of this kid was very high compared to a normal child. He had a body that could withstand intense training, and absorb all the techniques given to him like a sponge sucking up moisture. Though I didn't train him in a spartan way like Master, his movements grew more refined each day. I'm not a sadist you know?

After weeks of teaching, he has attained the level of decapitating beast's heads without a sound. The main style I taught him was very fitting. A combination of Master's swordsmanship and the "Iai Swordplay" from Japan, which I called "Silent Sword Style". It focused on pure speed and grace. The way the unsheathed katana displays its radiance when unsheathed and at the same time swung, was honestly awe-inspiring to look at each time you see it.

The best part was that it made close to no sound, except for the clinking of the sheath. If more time was given to develop this style, it could break the sound barrier with just how fast the sword draw was. There would be no time to react if you couldn't see nor hear the katana slicing through your body. I know it sounds dreadful to some but this was the most suited for Jin-kun's personality.

With the gap from his cute and lovable demeanor, and the silent killing intent that dazzled appealed so much to me that I chose this specific style. No, I didn't do it for my own purposes, honest..

Oh, what about me? I was laying back, giving out orders while cooking meals for the team. Can't fight a battle with an empty stomach. I was a very important asset. No, honest! Even if I did fight, I would only make them all scatter, so I decided to only move in when someone's life was in danger. You could call me their insurance.

Even though I essentially did nothing, they had no complaints because the meals I made brought them to tears every single time they ate it after a tiring ordeal of hunting monsters.

Well, that was the gist of what we did twice a week. Most of the time, Jun would make windows and glass items with the blacksmith's assistance and give them away to the villagers while directing renovations for the entire village. For free. Not that I have a problem with it, since we had money that could buy an entire country if I felt like it, maybe. But it still wouldn't hurt to be more frugal with it since we don't know if it could suddenly disappear someday..

Meanwhile every morning, I would take over and train Jin-kun then make breakfast. Okay, all the meals. Every time it was time to prepare the meals, Jun would forcibly switch me even if I was watching cute cats playing with balls on the internet, that lazy bum. Even now, he got hooked on an anime I recommended him and said to let me handle the hunting from now on.

"Oi, Orion-san! Everyone, good work out there today!"

Ah, a pleasantly plump uncle called out to us. Though he was wearing the winter clothes which was a fur jacket, fur pants, and boots made of [Snow Wind Demon] leather, he still appeared twice as big as a normal person. Though it would be rude if I said that out loud so I refrain from bringing down his impression of me..

If I remember correctly, this man was called Xant-san, and he was responsible for skinning, tanning, and dismantling the monster materials from all the game we caught. He kind of owns a butcher shop at the center of town so many people know him, including Jun who seemed to get along with him for some unknown reason.

For now, let's greet him so I can pass the beasts we hunted over to be dismantled. I wasn't going to get any compensation but I get my ingredients from his shop so it's fine..

"Ah, we just got back. I think there was about twenty to thirty [Demon Boars] today, along with some [Snow Sparrows], [Frigid Hawks], and a [Winter Bear] we accidentally woke up. I entrust them all to your shop so please distribute some of them to the villagers okay?"

"A-a [Winter Bear]!? You subjugated a B-class demonic beast?"

When he exclaimed after hearing my words, he hurriedly went to look at the back of the cart, filled with beast corpses and confirmed that what I said was nothing but the truth. He then went back towards us and said..

"Amazing, usually it takes an A-rank party of adventurers to kill a lone [Winter Bear]. Since before it dies, it would issue a death cry and call the other [Winter Bears] to its location, making it a dangerous quest to take. I'm just glad that none of you got hurt because those beasts usually get stronger in the winter season. Thank you for this, I'm sure the villagers would be glad to know that a demonic beast like this was killed."

"Haha, alright then, give my regards to your wife and kids! Let's go guys, leave the cart here.."

When I heard his spiel, I sweated unconsciously and could only wryly smile giving a half-hearted answer. The reason for this was that I just found out that what happened earlier wasn't my overwhelmingly negative luck stat coming into play after all. Maybe, just a bit though..

"Ah, will do! Thanks as always you guys!"

While waving towards the butcher with a large build, we walk towards the other's homes on the path to the chief's house. The villagers who knew me as the kind person who had healed their children and was a benefactor to all, for making them windows free of charge, were bowing towards me when I passed by their houses. It only made me embarrassed since I wasn't the one who helped them, but it was really Jun's idea. Also, I didn't like people revering me as a special person. By the way, they were wearing different sets of winter clothing tailor-made for them.

I want to make friends but I didn't want to be worshiped. So my reply was of course, my trusty [Poker Face]. I don't know why I said it as a skill but I guess it could be called that, since it was useful in daily life. Still, I had nothing else to do except watch Jin-kun practice his footwork techniques while strolling, I recall the events that happened after we subjugated the [Winter Bear] earlier today..

After they surrounded the beast, with its dwindling health, it roared out a voice that shook the trees for the reason that I just found out now. In that moment, an opening appeared when it let its guard down, and Jin-kun quickly used [Shadow Step], the skill he learned from hiding his presence coupled with quick turns of his feet, and decapitated the bear's entire head with eyes as calm as the ocean.

As the large beast's head fell and rolled onto the pure white snow, with its torso spraying a fountain of blood, I quickly confirmed the bear's aura dissipating. But immediately after, I sensed multiple presences instead, moving towards our location. They had the same aura as the bear they just killed so I guessed it was its friends smelling the blood.

Though I was wrong in guessing that my luck drew them here, it still didn't change what I was going to do. I couldn't let them get killed, nor could I make them scared of me if they watch me fight, so I quickly made an excuse that I had to go do my business in the forest up ahead. Which was embarrassing if you haven't noticed.

They all displayed different reactions. The girls were turning their heads away saying "Idiot!" towards me with red faces whilst the dead tired guys were indifferent and kept munching on the meal like they haven't eaten food for days. Only Jin-kun was still meditating in silence, training his inner strength after eating his share in the span of a minute.

While they were preoccupied, I disappear into the thickets and used [Stealth Aura]. When I confirmed that no one could see me, I sprinted towards the attackers to intercept them instead. With a grin on my face, I said..

"The best defense, is a great offense!"

Spouting a line from a sports anime I used to love, my chuunibyou side reared its ugly head. I now realized that I would've died of shame if anyone could hear me back then. Thank heavens there wasn't..

When I arrived, I quickly dealt with the sleuth of bears numbering thirteen, and unlucky sign if you'd ask me. But, it made no difference that they quickly became my experience points. Though, I didn't level up my status nor my job level after all this time. It's to be expected of the high level but why didn't [Slayer] class level up? Did it have specific requirements or something? Anyway, I thought that it would be weird if I suddenly brought a large number of bears so I left them there for the other predators of the forest instead.

Cruel? No, no I'm not a heartless bastard. I at least let their blood drip to the ground by hanging their corpses on tree branches so that others would have a hard time getting them..

Oh, we've reached the bar where it seemed that the hunting party was going to be drinking tonight. They invited me to join in but I don't like the taste of alcohol that much. So I decline with an expression of humility, making an excuse that I was tired from hunting. Though I didn't get to do much except get a slight warm up from the bears.

Lena-san seemed to have wanted me to join but she reluctantly understands my position while saying..

"Maybe next time then. See you Orion-san!"

"Ah, see ya"

After saying our goodbyes, me and Jin-kun walked along the dazzling white snow roads, leaving footprints while staring at the falling snowflakes touching our clothes for a moment, and ultimately melting into moisture.

This scenery has grown on me, since back in Japan, I could barely see snowfall as pure as this. Because it was a city filled with tall buildings and a large amount of busy people, you couldn't appreciate the little things such as now..

When we made it back to Germundo-san's house, we were greeted by him and Sharon-chan at the door. She told me all about how she built a snowman that I once spoke about when telling stories based on the movies and fairy tales from my past life. After, I made sukiyaki which they haven't had before, but it was perfect considering the climate outside so they were once again grateful. Finally, the kids went to bed. I found out Jin-kun can't live by himself in his house anymore since he was still a kid so Germundo-san took him in and treated him like a son.

After talking with the chief some more, I went to my room as well and laid down on my fur bed thinking about how another peaceful day has ended. It had been almost a month since I came here, well, when Jun came here..

Speaking about that, when I asked him why he was moving west, he said that it was because Anna and Lute was alive. I was moved to tears when I had heard this, because it meant that they were saved somehow. He couldn't tell who it was that took them but he found the remains of a mask, and could sense their auras due west, towards Neriad, the Elven Continent. The mask looked slightly familiar but I couldn't remember the one who wore it for some reason.

He also said that the spell the person used was a type of "Teleportation" spell..

When I gathered all the information I could from the main persona, I decided that I had to save them before anything bad happened to them, the moment I could travel again. I will not lose them again like last time. This time I would protect them properly.

Naturally, he said that he decided to do this from the start except that tracing their location would be hard in the winter so that's why he thought to stay here..

I keep forgetting that this guy thinks ahead instead of rushing into everything like yours truly. I am somehow thankful for that but I still hope that nothing had happened to them yet. Based on those novels I used to read, those types who were suddenly teleported to a different country, would get treated like a spy and questioned thoroughly. Or worse, thrown in jail and be killed at a later date. I didn't want to imagine the cruel fate that should await them so I prepared various countermeasures along with Jun all this while.

With my renewed determination to save my first companions, I drift off to sleep..
    - Jun's POV -

"Okay, and done! This looks better than before, very much so!"

I was currently looking at the finished product held in front of me. Looking over it once more, I check for any mistakes in the reproduction, like uneven balance, weight reduction, and color scheme..

What was held in my hands were the new leather jacket I reproduced with my skills. It had a matching contrast of colors present on it, and various details were added with the influence from the new "anime" I just binged. At first I thought that anime was just moving pictures with a plot just like a movie but oh was I wrong.

To put it simply, anime is an art form. Detailed characters and dark pasts, killing and mental decisions to add to the spice of the story. It had made me a believer of true story telling. Just in picture form and with voices. Ah, but I digress, going back to the cloth I reproduced, based on the anime's design of uniforms, making the already powerful equipment teacher made, and further improving its attributes, bonuses, and overall look.

It had a sleek, black with purple shades, and futuristic design. I spent about a week perfecting every detail there is to be made after finishing the whole six seasons. It wasn't an impulse, let me tell you. I can frankly say that this will make my power, double, no even triple my current strength by folds if it was made in perfection. Of which I did..

I recreated the fiber of the cloth used in the middle-ages into something modern like leather and cotton mixed with polyester and other durable and at the same time comfortable cloth from Earth. How did I do this you ask? I simply rearranged the structure of [Aura Weapon Creation] and made an entirely new skill called [Aura Armor Creation] which by far exceeds the realm of human comprehension.

Making materials out of nothing is tiring but it was worth it. To see my finished work filled me with a sense of purpose, very much so that I think that I was born to create equipment that was thought to be imaginary..

The jacket had various armor plates infused in it, and so did the other equipment I made like, a white sleeved vest, dark slacks, finger-less gloves, and black leather boots. What happened to the eye-patch? Oh, I turned it into a colored contact as to not arouse suspicion in the future.

It was the hardest one by far, to recreate since I had to make it with a hydrogel base with enough water to keep it soft, and at the same time, as less as possible as to not get in the way of my eyesight. All this whilst having to do it so carefully let me fail again and again, redoing it each time. It almost made me break it myself but I was glad I had [Yin-yang Aura] to calm me down sometimes. If not, I would have long run out of patience..

I also wanted to make equipment for Jin but alas, I couldn't find out what suited him. Though I asked Orion since he was the one who watched over his training for the past few weeks, he had no interest in clothing and left me to my devices. But I'd like to think of it as him being lazy again when faced with bothersome work.

The only choice left was to find out more about Jin's fighting style at a later time. In any case, I had to examine all of the finished equipment, so I invoked [Aura Eyes] to scan through the materials..

Regal Slayer Vest
    { Mythical Class }
    The cloth made out of a legendary disaster dragon refined into a higher state while exposed to powerful pressure
    Active: Infuse Aura >> Increases HP
    Passive: Doubles HP

Regal Slayer Slacks
    { Mythical Class }
    The cloth made out of a legendary disaster dragon refined into a higher state while exposed to powerful pressure
    Active: Infuse Aura >> Increases MP
    Passive: Doubles MP

Regal Slayer Gloves
    { Mythical Class }
    Active: Infuse Aura >> Increases STR
    Passive: Doubles STR

Regal Slayer Jacket
    { Mythical Class }
    Active: Infuse Aura >> Increases INT
    Passive: Doubles INT

Regal Slayer Boots
    { Mythical Class }
    Active: Infuse Aura >> Increases AGI
    Passive: Doubles AGI

Regal Slayer Contact
    { Mythical Class }
    Active: Infuse Aura >> Change Eye Color
    Passive: Enables the user to use [Reflect Magic]

"Alright, it seems there are no problems with the appearance, now to test them out.."

I don the now completed equipment and checked if it was a little tight or loose when I tried it on. I looked in front of the large mirror in my room and examined how I looked when I wore it.

"Umu, perfect fit. Amazing."

It seemed that when I wore it and some aura leaked out when I was excited, the cloth automatically adjusted itself to fit my size. Nothing less from my own work I say. Feeling proud of my workmanship, I test the endurance of my new equipment one by one..

I started off with the contact since it was the most easiest to test out first. After infusing aura into my eyes, and thinking about turning my eye color purple, the next second, my left eye changed into a deep purple shade.

Trying it once more to confirm, except I was turning it into red this time to match my natural eye, it seemed there wasn't any dizziness, nausea, or any kind of side effect to changing it.

Then I moved on to the others..

After all the testing was done, I was lying in my bed sweating all over..

Who knew that every time I infuse aura into the equipment, it would take not little, but huge amounts of magic power at fast intervals. All the while I was infusing aura, my magic power dwindled into the thousands. That was only trying it one by one, imagine if I simultaneously infused every piece at the same time. The only thing that kept me through all of that was the effect of my [Regal Slayer Slacks] which supplemented my magic power by just enough.

Though, instead of consuming magic power, the slacks consumed aura points or [AP] for short. Due to this, I found out that [AP] was different from the other status because it could also recover like magic power over time. But, it would take so much longer to recover if left alone compared to my magic power.

Well, it seems that there are still areas to be improved in the future. If only I could find material that could consume less magic power, it would be perfect. Still, the effects were tremendous. After you activated even one of them, that specific status would make you feel like you could do anything.

Even after consuming a large amount of strength, stamina and magic power, I still couldn't see the limits of this equipment's endurance since it didn't tear or anything like that. Which just goes to show that the legendary dragon's scales are not just for show. Immense magic capacity was held between its threads..

Like this, I waited to recover my strength for a while and switched with Orion once again so that he could feel the sluggish feeling I was in right now. It seemed that he recommended me a similar anime, so I was going to go check that out for a while. Even when the winter snowflakes fall and melt onto the warmth of the coming end of winter, spending my days like this with Jin and the people of the village was one of the relaxing parts of my life that I will always remember fondly.

A few weeks later, I would not even remember this time due to the carnage that was about to begin.

Spring is the season of beginnings, and I guess mine has just started..

cezarcer likes this.
  8. Nyarlathotep

Nyarlathotep The laziest and the King of Procrastination

Reading List:
    Link
    Argh my need of new chapters is over 9000!!!!!!!

SlashCrit likes this.
  9. SlashCrit

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 38 is finally out on the rebirth site.

Zone Q11 and shiroechan20 like this.
  10. sinyueliang

sinyueliang 『World Traveller』『Demon Slayer』『Hinokami』

Reading List:
    Link
    I'll be honest, I do have criticisms about this work (those double periods really annoy me too), but it's still quite interesting. I actually liked the split personality twist (though it felt slightly forced), as well as the little kids (they're cute okay). I don't really like how it's obviously heading towards some sort of harem (but then again, I simply have something against most harems...). And then, the issue with how young the MC was when the dragon attack happened (three is way too young) kind of irked me. BUT. Despite all this! I did really like it and want more. Keep up the work, and I hope to read another chapter from you soon :)

Zone Q11 likes this.
  11. SlashCrit

Reading List:
    Link
    Your input is highly appreciated. Thank you so much for reading.

12. Luxadia

Luxadia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    (Need moar)

13. wildthorn

wildthorn Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I am waiting too.

14. Fantasy Lovers

Fantasy Lovers Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    no more new chapter?

15. Zone Q11

Zone Q11 『The Gas Mask』『Monochrome Plebeian』

Reading List:
    Link
    ...I have to add @ExitedDeviljho for this. Just had to.
    [Question: Why would a merchant mention this? It is illogical to inform a stranger about conditions of slaves.]
    LOL. Groen means Green in dutch (not german).
    ...I though @SlashCrit said it was on Rebirth Online?

ExitedDeviljho likes this.
  16. marine1corps

marine1corps Invisible to all Novel Updates Staff

Reading List:
    Link
    Been a long time since last update and nothing new on rebrithonline. Which is sad because I really do enjoy this series

17. Zone Q11

Zone Q11 『The Gas Mask』『Monochrome Plebeian』

Reading List:
    Link
    I see it. Just saw it. SlashCrit has been here today though... yet, no "recent activities"!