Picked Up My Childhood Friend is Like a Stone

Discussion in 'Novel Pickup Request' started by Guide1410, May 22, 2021.

1. Guide1410

Guide1410 guide with bad sense of direction

Reading List:
    Link
    upload_2021-5-22_22-33-16.jpeg
    Titles: 소꿉친구는 돌멤이와 같다 , My Childhood Friend is Like a Stone (MTLd Title)
    The Novel PICKED UP: https://www.novelupdates.com/series/my-childhood-friend-is-like-a-stone/
    Novel Raws:
    https://page.kakao.com/home?seriesId=56684312
    Author: 명초 (Myongcho) , Same author as My Observational Diary of Elena Evoy.
    Artist: 숙자 (SUKJA)
    Serialization and Publishers: Kakaopage
    Language: Korean
    Year: 2021
    Genres and Tags: Fantasy, Comedy, Romance, Shoujo, Drama, Age Progression, Cold Protagonist, Childhood Friends, Childhood Love, Friends Becoming Lovers, Aristocracy, Love Triangle, Cute Story, Beautiful Female Lead, Handsome Male Lead
    Status: 154 Chapters (OnGoing) -currently 76 chapters on raws-
    Spoiler Thread: https://forum.novelupdates.com/threads/my-childhood-friend-is-like-a-stone.128500/
    Description:

Ten years ago, little Cyril said.

“Even if I die with you, I’m not going to marry you!”

So Adrienne’s first love seemed to be over. And one day after coming of age, Cyril regrets what he said about death.

“Why do you keep making me looking forward, you b*stard! I keep getting it wrong because of you—”

The last word fell hopelessly between the lips. Adrienne’s shaking shoulder was gently wrapped in Cyril’s hand.

“It’s not an illusion.”

“…What?”

Her childhood friend, who had been as indifferent as a stone, changed the minute she gave up everything.
    Reasons this deserves translation asap:
    Coming from the same author as My Observational Diary of Elena Evoy you just know this is gonna be a very cute story. The premise also sounds like its gonna be a very fluffy novel. The raws are also free daily for now.
    I don’t know if this is going to be also a male protagonist like the author’s previous work but I think that the cold and indifferent love interest may have had a reason for it. They might have been a tsundere or kudere, or they might have isekai’d or transmigrated. Or they might have just been a brat when they were younger and fell in love with the protagonist after they grew up.
    I wish a worthy translator would pick this wholesome novel up :blob_plusone:

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 13, 2021
    Yvenilia likes this.
  2. KizunaAi

KizunaAi Cookie Lover ~ I love fuwa fuwa dolls ~

Reading List:
    Link
  3. erunica8

erunica8 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    does this have a spoiler page :sweating_profusely: i would love to see some spoilers:notlikeblob: this novel looks promising:blobmelt:

4. Sehzan

Sehzan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I remember seeing this cover and thought “how cute they are, with their flower ring” lol

anyways~ I like childhood-lovers themed novels so I’m quite curious about this one!

5. erunica8

Reading List:
    Link
    sukja never fails to impress :blobnosebleed: and i just noticed the picture frame on the right with their childhood photo if i’m not mistaken :blobmelt: seems fluffy

6. erunica8

Reading List:
    Link
    i’m a bit confused but i hope it’s understandable
    Episode 1
    1. Prologue (1)

The seven-year war with the United Kingdom ended with the victory of the Persian Empire.

The emperor held a grand ceremony to celebrate the glorious people.

On the day of the ceremony, crowds filled Saint-Timain Square shouted at the people who raised the name of Persen.

Citizens who went out to welcome the soldiers wished them a full blessing in their future by spraying petals everywhere the tram and horse passed by.

"It's been two years?'

Adrien recalled someone as he sat at a table in the outdoor hall of the Persian palace, the march's destination.

Cyril was the weakest man in the world Adrien knew.

It was three years ago that he volunteered to join the army, and it was a year ago that he became a lieutenant on only eighteen subjects.

"Is that what time it is?

In surprise, cheers burst out at once.

A procession that circled the square finally passed the main gate of the imperial palace.

The band began to play a more magnificent piece, and all those waiting stood up and applauded.

The sound of conversation flowed into Adrien's ears as he stood up.

"That's Lord Tejar, isn't it?”

"Look at the dashing figure! You bet. How reliable will the Duke of Tejar be? Your successor is as good as that.”

"Sir Tejar, of course, has done a great service as a soldier..."

Countess Conte, who uttered her final words, killed her voice and secretly added.

"—I'm sure you'll make a great contribution to the women of this country. Look at those eyes, they're so sensual.."

"You're so mischievous, too. But looking at Lord Tejar here makes it hard to deny that."

"Actually, I was a little suspicious. You're such a hot potato because you're making a noise."

Countess Conte, who swallowed her breath for a while, said admiringly.

"But what the hell? It's the first time I've seen you in person, but I'm not exaggerating at all. I'd rather feel like I'm running out of words."

The chatter or praise of the women featuring Lord Tejar continued.

Adrien threw his eyes at the front of a long procession.

Sir Tejar, dressed in a blue uniform unique to the Imperial Guard, was right there.

Perhaps he didn't have time to cut while in the battlefield, but his dark hair covered his eyebrows lightly, and the long golden eyes below him deepened a little deeper than Adrien's memory.

The look seemed to be superior at first glance, thanks to his superior features, even though he clearly had no thoughts.

Adrien summarized the story of the women's mouth-watering

Sensuous man who is a keen man....

In the women's stories, Cyril was a perfect creature and a fantasy man who looked forward to reaching the kite at least once.

"Cyril Valentin is a fantasy man. What kind of fantasy is so messed up?'

Of course, that was not the case with Adrienne.

It was crazy if a childhood friend who lived with him for eight years seemed to be a fantasy man because he hadn't seen him for only two years.

It was even more ridiculous to add to the fact that the childhood friend was so small and weak that he was different from now.

At that moment, several eyes were put on Adrien's face like a flying arrow. Adrien, who had been thinking about something else, was surprised by the tremendous momentum.

And at about the same time, Cyril and I met eyes. Cyril, who had been sticking to her expressionless face all the time, raised her eyebrows.

Why are you there?

Cyril's expression was just saying that. After living in the same castle for about eight years, I had no choice but to know that much.

'Don't pretend to know...'

He wrote the letter in person, and his skill at betraying expectations remained. Adrien laughed bitterly, who received a sharp look thanks to him.

I thought it was going to be a tough day.

Adrienne de Casinelle Bluea.

It was the noble name of the daughter who was born by the eldest son of the Count of Casinel and the second daughter of the Count of Bluea.

Count Cassinel was one of the most prestigious families of the Empire, one of the original teenage nobles, and even a member of the New Great Noble.

What else is Bluea like?

The family that once produced the empress. About 200 years ago, although it is not called the Great Noble now, it was Blueah who belonged to the original teenage Noble in the past.

Adrien, in terms of legitimacy, was a sad combination of two families.

A lucky man who can present two noble castles when introducing himself to others!

"How's your father? Don't tell me they broke in again.'

However, Adrien did not consider himself a lucky man.

As the guardian of the empire, there was no family to follow as much legitimacy as there was no substance or efficiency to talk about.

Cassinell was a territory bordering the Khtulten Empire and a mountain range.

He was able to pose as a respected guardian for quite a long time because he defended the country against the Ktulten Empire, which was called one of the continental losers.

However, after the Khtulten Empire split into several kingdoms, no one recognized the mercenaries and the bandits.

Invasion was frequent, but support was ridiculously reduced, and the name was gradually forgotten.

It was just like a nice dog's apricot that existed over Cassinel and Blua.

"Mademoiselle Cassinell?"

"... oh, yeah."

After the procession, the banquet had begun in earnest.

Adrien, who was struggling with how much money would be heading to the red this year, came to his senses late.

Adrien faced several pairs of eyes mixed with various emotions, including curiosity, envy, and jealousy.

Among them, there was an unusually hostile look, mostly from those close to the emperor.

It was because of the condescension that Adrien hated you the most precious empress. Will the crime be a crime of spending one's childhood with another?

"You seem very nervous. Well, it hasn't been long since you came to the capital?"

"I'm ashamed to say yes. Ma'am, I was so busy living in the estate that I couldn't afford to go out to the capital.”

"Is that so? The carcine is so far away that we haven't heard from him yet. I don't remember hearing that."

Do I have to shout how many times the bandits have come down and how big the gangs are disguised as mercenaries?

You won't even know if I tell you.

It's a story you won't even be curious about anyway.

If it weren't for his debut tang, he wouldn't have come to the capital.

Adrien smiled as if he didn't know.

It was stupid to pounce on a woman with a big bone in her body. Especially when Adrienne doesn't have any.

"Mademoiselle Casinel, Lord Tejar spent her childhood in Casinel. Then you two must be very close."

"You're more connected with my father than I am. Just like a normal teacher and a student."

Sir Sirir, whom they knew Sir Tejar and Adrien knew, learned sword and gun from Count Cassinel, Adrien's father.

Externally, it was.

As a child, it was impossible to say straightforwardly that Cyril was sick enough to come to the Casinel estate, which boasts a mild climate throughout the four seasons.

To explain it, I had to bring up a number of political reasons behind it, but it was better not to do such a thing.

"You've been together for almost a decade, haven't you?""

"We've been in the same castle for eight years. With a lot of apprentices."

Adrienne said exactly what she said. Like so many probationary articles, so is Cyril.

"But Lord Tejar is too much to look at as a general apprentice. How many apprentices have that look and that physique? It would be hard for me to see with my eyes.

A little while ago, a flush came to the face of a woman who spoke as if imagining a past cereal. Those sitting at the same table also seemed to sympathize.

"How can you be so condescending and not looking at me?'

This atmosphere was formed roughly.

It certainly wasn't normal.

Adrien managed to wrinkle his brow.

At the time of the first meeting, Cyril was very small.In addition, I thought it wouldn't be strange if I died tomorrow.

However, Lord Tejar, who they knew, was a tall, sensual, and most handsome man of nearly 6.2 br.

Lord Tejar was actually very weak to explain that he had no feelings for Cyril, and as a child Adrien couldn't talk all the way because he was worried he might one day die of a collapse.

"Sir Tejar is just a friend I've known for a long time. I don't feel anything personally.Friendship, of course."

Instead, Adrien repeated the answers he would have made in the last three months of his trip to the capital.

I have nothing to do with Lord Tejar. Lord Tejar is a friend.Lord Tejar is just one of his father's disciples.

"Mademoiselle Cassinell could be, but wouldn't Sir Tesar be any different?”

"Yes, the way you looked at me earlier was unusual."

"I'm sure you've seen exactly this, haven't you?"

The arrow turned at the stern answer.

I don't dare know how Cyril feels when she's not here, but Adrien wanted to answer instead if he could.

That's not gonna happen.

as.

(raws say 라고. )

raisha lionel, Akioh and Guide1410 like this.
  7. Mithi

Mithi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Someone pick this up please.:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

8. Rumby

Rumby Rumbly Tumbly

Reading List:
    Link
  9. erunica8

Reading List: