Spoiler My Engagement Got Broken, But I Don’t Remember Getting Engaged in the First Place

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Clars, Oct 10, 2019.

1. Clars

Clars Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Description :
    Nora Kranz, I can’t marry you. I’m breaking our engagement.”

An evening party where a multitude of people have assembled. A handsome gentleman with grayish brown hair accompanied by a beautiful lady called out to her.

Amidst the murmurs of the crowd speculating whether it was a case of a stolen love affair or a love triangle, Nora opened her mouth.

“I don’t remember getting engaged in the first place… Who are you?”

Just then, a gentleman with the same grayish brown hair approached them and asked Nora’s hand for engagement.

This is the story of a poor Baron’s daughter as she is strung along by a pair of twin noblemen.

Link: https://www.novelupdates.com/series...-remember-getting-engaged-in-the-first-place/

Spoilerzz plzzzzzz:blobpopcorn::blobpopcorn::blobpopcorn::blobpopcorn::blobpopcorn:

2. lazynoodles

lazynoodles Softie for Villainess & BL

Reading List:
    Link
    Chater 3
    - The twin that proposed "Elias?" comes to her and wants to start a relationship with her - he brings blue roses
    - Mc shoots him down
    - Elias leaves sadly and leaves the roses behind
    Chapter 4
    - Elias comes to see her sing bring more flowers
    - Wants to carry her shopping bags
    - learns she's getting alimony from breaking the engagement
    - Nora is surprised that rude guy actually paid alimony
    - she sits on the bench munching on citrus fruit
    - contemplates the selfishness of upper noblemen
    - MC gives credit to Elias to being halfway decent; he showed his good side by helping a lost kid back to the parental unit --> typical good guy behavior
    - apparently Elias was around and presented her apple juice; Elias threatens if she doesn't take it he'll throw it away; MC hates waste, so she takes it; think its good; Elias get enthusiastic on buying her more; MC is like cut it out
    - So it goes; he attacks her with delicious perishable food - MC excepts; if it's ostentatious like jewelry she shuts it down
    - Then the idiot brother that rudely canceled the engagement that she had no idea about goes up to her to cancel, the cancellation of the engagement

Chapter 5
    - MC is all - "who the fuck are you? what d'ya want?" - the MC is already halfway forgetting this guy already
    - Finally, the guy goes Allen.
    - MC: "ok.. Allen-"
    Allen: "Allen-sama"
    MC: Are you stupid? (I can tell you're troublesome as fuck)
    Allen: (glares) I heard a lot of bad things but that wasn't the case, so I shall cancel my cancellation of the engagement
    MC: no fucking way.
    Allen: What did you say?!
    MC: What happened to the other woman? (I'm pretty sure he brought a blondie to the party?)
    Allen: Don't get me wrong! Sofia is my first wife.
    MC: (Girlie's name if Sofia - I have increased my gossip)
    Allen: And so.... I shall make you my second wife!
    MC: I have no clue what you're talking about - bye. (I heard upper nobility had multiple wives, but I'm a poor Baron's daughter. Why the hell you going so hard for me?) [MC exits and Allen chases after her]
    Allen: Wait! You're going to be the second wife of a Marquis! [irritated]
    MC: [angry - speedwalking] (bastard has everything that I want: high-position, money, and good-looks)
    MTL note: Good for you girl! I find so many girls mistake the person they want to be with the person that they would like to fuck.
    Allen: [long legs and catches up to her] I don't understand!
    MC: You think it's so great to be your wife?
    Aleen: [gobsmacked]
    MC: (there's so much work to do - I don't got time for his shit)

Elias: I'm so sorry Nora.
    Nora: Why?
    Elias: Allen had always wanted things that I like. He opposes for the sake of opposing. He even told me what happened since he knew I was coming to see you.
    Nora: (So that's it. He wants to prevent his brother's marriage. ANNOYING)
    "...? If the engagement was cancelled would it still be possible to be a second wife?" [confused] (even if you could escape your financial circumstance the position is too nasty. Upper nobles are disgusting.) If I go into a convent would I be able to escape?
    Elias: It will be alright Nora. [laugh]
    MC: What is it?
    Allen: [runc up from behind Elias] Wait! Our conversation is NOT over!
    MC: Don't disturb me at my part-time job.
    Allen: [laughs at her] If you're married to me you won't need to work so hard!
    MC: (the reasons he wants to cancel the engagement cancellation is damn petty and STUPID. Also, I enjoy my job.)
    Elias: That's impossible.
    Allen: ...what do you mean?
    Elias: All the legal paperwork for cancellation has already finished.
    Allen: What? I sent the paperwork but didn't receive the King's approval.
    Elias: About that. I went to court in your stead and received the King's approval. Your engagement is officially annulled.
    MC: (In this country an aristocrat's marriage needs a King's approval. Having to render an engagement cancellation is worst in the eyes of the King.)
    Elias: I especially, went on your behalf after all - I can't ask to withdraw that official statement.
    Allen: The process takes a month! What did you do?!
    Elias: I helped you is what I did. Won't you marry Sofia the Brandt's daughter
    MC: (THE FUCK. What did I just get involved with? They got pull with the king? Elias your eyes look dead. What are you involving me with the thiiiis? There is no value in our marriage. I don't want to get further involved!) I don't have time - I'm going to my part-time job.
    Allen: You're working as a maid?
    MC: If you're so curious got to the shop. Shut up and pay properly.
    [Pushes the twins to the entrance. Enters the back of the building]

Chapter 6
    - We find out that the MC is a popular Diva and performs like usual.
    - The twins visit her in her changing room
    - Elias is impressed. MC - "I like to sing."
    - Allen pouts and says he will return.
    - Elias questions if she would like to return with his brother
    - MC - FUCK NO; Elias happily brings her home.
    - Twins become regulars

Chapter 7
    - Sofia comes to hassle the MC in a jealous rage.
    - MC is all - who are you? while saying a whole bunch of other names that aren't hers; she truly gives zero fucks
    - Sofia throws her tantrum saying her relationship: has no love, its been officially canceled; Proclaims she will his wife
    - MC half-heartedly cheers on Sofia [giving no real fucks] while Sofia flounces away.
    - Elias carries MC's grocery?/shopping? Elias notes that she sings to the children
    - Elias wants to give her flowers. MC says no - it's unneeded. Elias looks a little heart-broken
    - Someone calls out to her at work and roughs her up. Elias to the rescue!
    - MC says something that I can't understand, but it breaks Elias's heart. he leaves the store

Chapter 8
    - Allen enters as Elias leaves. Questioned if they had a fight and appeals to her more sincerely to get engaged again. Stating that he refused Sofia. MC wonders if he means stupid shit like 2nd wife again. He questions if Elias is so great if they were old acquaintances, and if he's no good.
    MTL: YES YOU'RE NO GOOD. GET OUT OF THE STORY DO YOUR JOB IN BEING A STALKING HORSE AND GET OUT.
    - Apparently, MC helped him out when he was lost and sang the whole time to keep him from being scared/lonely
    - Allen stknew he was no good, doesn't have what it takes to take over the house, and on top of that marrying his brother's love. He wanted to make his own decision in at least someone he wanted to marry.
    - We the reader found out Elias wasting no time after finding out MC's identity sought out an engagement but his parents botched the papers and put Allen's name instead
    - The only reason he like the engagement was because he could stick it to his brother
    - After engagement cancellation, Elias immediately applied for the marriage himself to her father personally; Dad refused. Allen pretended the engagement didn't exist until he met Sofia and fell in love. He did what he did because he heard she wouldn't break the engagement.

chapter 9
    MC: THE FUCK. (What did Allen say?) Sofia sad I didn't want to break the engagement? I definitely rejected it and even kinda cheered her on?
    Allen: [stares] Really..?
    MC: I had no idea about the engagement until the night of that party and its the first time I saw Sofia.
    Allen: But you spoke to Sofia yesterday!
    MC: She came and demanded stuff. Told her we aren't engagement at al no more. She said she won't hand you over. Then I left. (Why the hell does she think I want to be a Marquis wife? What beef does this chick got? Because of her, she is now being ridiculed. For my own pride I wanna get angry!)
    Allen: I told her that it will be difficult to get engaged right away due to our prior engagement. Wanted all the procedures to go through properly. She wasn't convinced and insisted I should do it right away! I didn't think all these events came about from a lie. I apologize. [bows - picks up a drink]
    Allen: [sad] Nobody chooses me. It's always Elias.
    MC: Isn't there Sofia
    Allen: She loves my position. As soon as she found out it was Elias who would inherit she left... I knew she didn't like me. [spills liquor]
    MC: (where is that arrogant bastard that ruined my reputation in a few sentences? Is just pathetic or weak?) Then leave your household. Be a self-made man. Become confident and drive Sofia crazy. Don't you want to be that man? [stares at her then threw back the liquor] **theres more stuff that happened but I lost interest

-MC speaks to the manager; we found out the reason behind the blue flowers --> I didn't understand
    - Sofia that bitch manipulates a regular into thinking MC likes him and smacks her around saying she belongs to him now.
    - MC squirms around like a fish on hook with disgust

Chapter 10
    - Elias smacks the guy away
    - Then blackmails him to go away saying his good buddies with his boss the Viscount Teomann
    - the guy freaks out and runs; he's a merchant working for him
    - Elias comforts the MC; he seems just as desperate for her and worried; doesn't want to lose her
    - Elias fully explains the circumstances (I don't have time now to be specific)
    - Elias is just deeply unlucky with the events shaking out the way they did.
    - MC goes we can't engaged because I don't know that well.
    - Elias quick on the uptake goes "from now on let's get to know each other!"

3. lazynoodles

Reading List:
    Link
    oh shit! there's a chapter CONFIRMING that Elias is a black-belly yandere. One who's patient like snake, and more calculating than the best chess champion. It's down-right unnerving.

4. felidormit

felidormit probably asleep.

Reading List:
    Link
    thanks for the spoiler!
    and

why would his parents do that?

wait is she still allen's lover or not? are they even managed to be engaged?

woah a nice combo

Mikaa likes this.
  5. Dragon_Reader

Dragon_Reader Humans just don't taste as good as books \( ̄ハ ̄)

Reading List:
    Link
    Oooooo? Which chapter? How could a Yandere ever have the patience to tolerate his brother having an engagement with 'his' girl? And whenever she says no, he should go a little crazy, no?

Mikaa likes this.
  6. vsukio

vsukio Well-Known Egg

Reading List:
    Link
    Technically yes, she was still his 'lover' (but not fiance) after said incident, but it didn't last long. After harassing the MC and finding out Allen wasn't planning on becoming the next head of the family, she basically ditched him since all she really wanted was his status.
    I don't remember which chapter really showed it but overall, he was actually fine with Allen being 'engaged' to her because he was using him as a shield so that no other men could pursue MC for the time being. But once the engagement was annulled, because MC was a famous singer and was very popular among noble men, he started to become more open when it came to pursuing her. When she tells him no, he doesn't go crazy per se, but still tries to be by her side and insisting on wanting to be with her until she finally accepted him.

7. lazynoodles

Reading List:
    Link
    He's not like any other yandere... As in he's very calculating and got more of a sleazy control freak once he realized his parents snafu'd his plans.
    I'll show you examples of his cold, patient, calculating mindset that's sug DEEP for the LONG HAUL.
    - Once he sees his brother humiliate her public I can basically see the stars in his eyes - "CHANCE"
    - When he proposes; he realizes he should make preparations to show his sincerity
    - Behind his brother's back, he pushes through the dissolving of their engagement. A process that takes months, now takes a few days
    - Somehow he's always around when she "needs" him; why would he have such perfect timing? Easy. He quietly stalks her. Making her think she's getting space.
    - He says and does things that gently sets off his brother to show the worst sides of himself, which isn't hard. Basically brainwashing his brother and her that they would NEVER work out since he manipulated his brother. Think about it. Would you have given a chance to a guy who starts off at annoying level 3 then ramps it up when big bro is around? On top of that basically is like he only wants you because I want you. Even as a human you would be intrigued as to why this person likes me/
    - Then what I can the unveiling of the yandere. There's this girl called Viola falls for the ML but can't openly pursue him because her family wants to marry her off to royalty. The girl gets crazy as in planning to poison the MC, getting her harassed ala Sofia, and other stuff. The ML doesn't do anything but behind the scenes... He's active. To say the least. Basically get his evidence of on SHIT ton of evidence to bring not just her but her whole family. He does this why gently smiling and fucking threatens her. It not all false threats too. From what I gather her dad is bearing the brent of his attacks. This is when Viola realizes - she knows nor understands him. Then starts getting afraid.

8. sjmcc13

sjmcc13 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Honestly, most of that sounds like standard noble politics rather than being a Yandere.
    The stalking and viola are the only 2 that are in any way bad, but Viola is basically a noble responding to his house being insulted, and protecting what is his by getting rid of the threat.