Spoiler My Second Husband is Desperate and Depressed

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by twilight_123, Jan 28, 2022.

1. DOHere

DOHere Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    She didn't waste her life. She went back to her youth and left him while he had to participate in the war.
    She was initially chosen as his bride by the emperor so they both had no choice (tho in this life he requested to marry her). She's regressed more than once and some of her deaths were unrelated to her stepmothers. Her deaths weren't his fault and him asking her to bear it was also to keep her alive. It was partly for her marrying another man that she survived, but also thanks to his sacrifices.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2022
    spchntrt and Pansy25 like this.
  2. Serphinalily

Serphinalily Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's not really a question of whether James's actions means he deserves Olivia's love (I don't think it is since he never fixed the issue, just turned back time). Even if James's actions was enough to be "deserving" of Olivia's love, Olicia is already way too traumatized by the thought of marriage with James, that any potential relationship would have just been badly broken.

Lignin, sheisthedemon93 and zoefleyl like this.
  3. orichan

orichan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I just want to say I have never read of someone who learned so little after regressing so many times than James.

I am so glad FL kept her memory! She is so much more competent than James at this and she deserves her happy ending with the rich prince who is not super bright but loves her lots.

mmem, Lignin, ValReads and 5 others like this.
  4. Cary

Cary Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I feel bad for James he doesn’t deserve to die no one would die for someone they didn’t care about he never raped her she never screamed or cried in pain how would he know she didn’t like it .. it takes two to communicate which fl didn’t try

spchntrt and DOHere like this.
  5. zoefleyl

zoefleyl Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Did you not read the story what the hell are you talking about she literally sent he letters explaining everything and what he told her to do to wait like what the hell you guys are so quick to feel sorry for a "pitiful guy"who's not even pitiful you could sorry for him all you want that's on you but don't you dare blame the girl she's the victim here. Talk about she didn't even try like you make me mad did you not read she literally sent letters after letters explaining everything but is the man baby you feel sorry for who don't even know or don't have the capability to think after reliving events sorry

This goes to show you people don't care especially readers about a male character being s***** the author do not even need to try to redeem them for people to forgive them, look at BL a lot of the Ml are rapists and abuser but people still love them but let me tell if a author tried to redeem a female character you will see them being misogyny in the comments calling her names and saying a lot of stuff about her, that's why there is a lot of story about redeeming s***** dads but there is little to non about redeeming mothers because you don't need to try hard to redeem a male character but you do need to try very hard to redeem a female character. Because look at this a husband is the reason for all of this and him and his s***** family but guess what people are trying to find a way to blame the female character.

soysuva, Juslikejazz, Chunin and 14 others like this.
  6. orichan

orichan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    She was asleep when he started touching her and she told him to stop but he didn’t. Her reaction to him was fear not love. She remembered it as a nightmare. If that’s not a portrayal of marital rape I don’t know what is.

Just because they were married didn’t make what he did okay. She was a victim, why are you blaming her for not communicating when she was the one who said no and stop and the one who wrote the letter asking him to take her side? She tried and he shot her down.

Ariary, soysuva, mmem and 22 others like this.
  7. its0k

its0k Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So on point!

Some rambling here. I don’t know what should have been going on in the ex-husband’s head to think it’s ok to come onto a sleeping woman and continue after she has firmly declined to have s*x.

I guess some commenters are like him and don’t realize that hysterically crying, screaming and trying to escape by hitting, kicking or biting an assaulter is not the only reaction people can have when they are r*ped. Different people show different reactions in dangerous situations.
    It is so ignorant to say that it’s MC’s fault for “not communicating properly” when she has said a firm “No” which should be enough for a normal person to stop.

8. solaria_

solaria_ Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That's the most illogical definition of rape I've heard. Stop learning things only from movies or dramas. You sound like police who would instead of finding the culprit blame the victim for wearing revealing dress or some other bullshit excuse. The girl was dead tired when he came to her, she was not fully wake up when he start doing it and from what I remember she did ask him to stop. Also lets not forget there marriage had 3 chances and none of those worked cuz James just believed having a one sided crush is enough to convey his feelings. She was being physically abused by mothers, how can he not see the pain she is going through... Actually he did see her pain when she had freshly given birth, was on verge of death, and he didn't stay there for even a second to comfort her. Idk how old are you and how much you know how arrange marriages work. From where I live many girls spend there life quietly under in law abuse cuz they don't if they should complaint or not. This leaves them with lifelong mental damage. It is hard dealing with 1 mother in law and this girl had 3 of them. All of them physically and mentally abusive. Olivia over here is way too traumatized. I don't think she would even want to go back to james. Trauma doesn't cure magically unlike how many other manhwas shows it that FL had trauma but the ML who abused her loves her so now she is cured. As you said it takes 2 to communicate... the one lacking communication being James tho. But you know when rapist and abuser are handsome all of you have endless sympathies for him.

This right here. It cannot be emphasized enough. I cannot explain the mental gymnastic many do to blame the female character when she was the one who was wronged by a male character.

Ariary, ValReads, Lialeta and 14 others like this.
  9. zoefleyl

zoefleyl Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Cuz all they care about is their man baby is being sad about things he and is family actually the course of, all a male character have to do is the bare minimal and start crying and everybody would think his behavior is excusable and I'm so tired of people like this.

Lignin, luztiq, ValReads and 6 others like this.
  10. Emma626

Emma626 626 flavors of love, none for you~

Reading List:
    Link
    This thread certainly turned to the worst. :blobjoy:
    Read the novel. Enjoy it. A bit of rant is tolerable. The writer made the most best choice of ending for his characters. Stop claiming that James didn't do wrong. Do you know better than the one who suffered from him. Does living three times and failing in them not a great proof that he isn't suitable for her. He is selfish. He could have given up the war and choose her. He could've done a lot of things but he only gave up the war when she was with another man. Did he love her? maybe but that's not what our fl wants. Stop thinking you know better than the writer. The best he did was letting her go. Realizing that the only thing he could do for her was to stay away.

Ariary, Lialeta, spchntrt and 13 others like this.
  11. Kon

Kon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I've have a question:

Did the ML sleep with Liliana when he was younger? Or not?

The spoilers say he was disgusted by her attempt of seduction, so it seems they don't sleep together, but I want to confirm this.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2022
    SkyLisette, Snow fluff and Emma626 like this.
  12. Emma626

Emma626 626 flavors of love, none for you~

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes he didn't. He came to his room and found her naked.

13. Kon

Kon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you very much for the answer.

Trulycloudy and Emma626 like this.
  14. Galaxies_pob

Galaxies_pob Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    IAM in a good mood until I see this part dammit ,I urge to know if Ian care that b**ch ???(I mean before

mmem likes this.
  15. avatare449

Reading List:
    Link
    You can't be serious.

Ariary, Queenofmirth, Lignin and 7 others like this.
  16. avatare449

Reading List:
    Link
    Anyways anyone got any info on the princess and Romeo?

17. akasugaro

akasugaro Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    he is trash, raping someone automatically makes you irredeemable trash no matter what.

donaiseiyuu, Lignin, luztiq and 5 others like this.
  18. iwillsay

iwillsay Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    story synopsis: FL left her husband who treated her poorly in the previous timeline to marry a guy who actually respects her boundaries and feelings.

my opinion on James (FL's ex-husband): in James's flashback, we can see that he apparently fell in love with FL at first sight at the academy but still he cannot justify his behavior as love.
    trash.
    now hear me out, in the first timeline, FL married him without seeing his face and did not see his face until 10 years into the marriage. She was treated terribly by her in-laws, possibly worse than a maid. She was not given basic respect much less a proper room for her. James returned from war 10 years later and initiates sex with her. FL refuses and slaps him as a result. James does not stop and goes all the way. She says NO, but he does not listen. Isn't this r*pe? Who the bad guy here? this happens quite a few times. for our FL, her life feels like a living hell. FL gets pregnant, and the post-pregnancy weakens her body a lot and leaves her unable to take care of herself because of the neglect she received from her husband and her in-laws. Her husband glances at FL's face and looks at the baby and leaves the room. Her baby is taken away from her. and she is still treated terribly and is still r*ped by her husband, she gets pregnant again and it takes a huge toll on her body. FL is rendered weak. She dies at the age of 40.
    James's behavior towards her cannot be described as love, no you couldn't say he even respected her in the first place and it cannot be excused for his emotional capacity of a teaspoon.

my opinion of FL: FL really girlbossed, gatekept, and gaslighted tf out of her previous marriage.
    FL has clear emotional abuse from her father throughout childhood, and her emotional abuse just increases after marriage. She tries to reach out during her marriage but she remains neglected and disrespected. The first thing FL did after she regressed to her 20-year-old was to assert her position as the Duchess which failed terribly because she did not have any power to hold her ground. She asks for her to at least manage the internal affairs but is denied. She writes a letter to James who is at war asking for his permission to manage the internal affairs to which he replies "bear with it". FL is exhausted and does not have any motivation to go through the marriage. She comes up with the plan to start a rumor about her infidelity with another famous duke. She asks her friend to spread the song which becomes really famous. She is contacted by the said duke because he found out that FL was the one who started the rumor. He meets her and falls in love with her because of the way she carried herself, her confidence, and her beauty. FL's refusal of sex with the ML is completely justified due to her trauma. Her TRAUMA is so severe that even being called wife (James used to call her wife) makes her sick and gives her goosebumps. She asks the ML to call her by her name to which he obliged. She said to the ML that she did not want to have any kids, to which the ML respected her decision. FL is slowly healing in an environment with ML where she is respected as the Duchess and also as a fellow human being. FL then requests the ML to help her sister escape from her trash father to which he obliged and helped her.
    FL is a strong woman and does not pity herself for her past. (girlboss behaviour)

my opinion on ML(Ian): Top tier ML no cap
    one of the best MLs ever, he actually respects her and asks for forgiveness whenever he makes a mistake. He is all yes to communication. he respects her boundaries and at the same time is willing to step in when necessary. the relationship between FL and him is amazing. their chemistry is quite good and his character is well written

my opinion on the story: the pacing is pretty good and all the characters have in-depth personalities.

19. oblomov

oblomov Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Isn't James a piece of work? He loves her so much that he time traveled for her but when they were together he never expressed his love to her.

20. Peartree

Peartree New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This feels like straight up horror. Legit this man has trapped her in loops.