Spoiler My Second Husband is Desperate and Depressed

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by twilight_123, Jan 28, 2022.

1. Emarulde

Emarulde Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I understand that his story is terrible, but there are two fundamental problems with that character.
    1- He was supposed to love her but still did not respect her as the hostess of the house, no second chance is needed we can compare it to Jester from I'm going on strike, Cassia comes back alone with her memories and tells Jester once that it is wrong and he immediately reinforces Cassia's position as hostess. Instead this bastard who knows per se that his mothers came to poison the FL, so he decides to limit her more, instead of empowering her so she can defend herself while he is gone.
    2- He forced her to have sex that even if you are married that is straight up r*pe and the fact that he supposedly loved the FL make it worse, it's all the more reason to think he is a scumbag you don't hurt the one you love less so r*pe them
    She was telling him to stop she even slapped him to make him leave her but he didn't give in.
    She had two traumatic births and he never went with her he just left her alone when he could have shared his worries with her.

The traumas in your life do not justify you being a scumbag to others there are people who choose to blame their circumstances others prefer to dialogue and move forward he obviously did not choose the second and it seems fair to me that he paid since he wanted another chance as this is what happens when he has another chance, an extra letter would have ended the same also it was not only FL who left, the MIL also signed without asking him about the divorce facilitating the second nuptials showing how indifferent he was.

Also babe don't forget that the toxics in the stories are not justifiable either especially if they are not with consent, those characters are straight up bastards as in this case <3
    (Also the toxics in other stories most of the time are self-aware and at least try to protect the MC not let alone her to fend by herself)

2. Arekushieru

Arekushieru Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oml, I'm so happy to know that people love Zester as much as I do especially when comparing that story to this one! Plus as far I'm aware Zester never assaulted Cassia. Neither in her first or second life, at least especially afaik not the first time which I think was on Cassia's initiative.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2022
  3. MOMO26

MOMO26 Have a coffee

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah and Zester literally don't know how to bed his wife, he thought he could just enter and whosh his seeds but he did not know how to aroused hef lmao. He thinks that bed activities will hurt his wife, observe how he describe his wife body while he finds someone who know s bed activities, that someone pitied his wife for having such long patience lmao

I'm literally laughing at this story of "honey, I'm Going on Strike"

Their only problem was miscommunication but both of them still loved each other.

Asya.M, akasugaro, Echichichi and 5 others like this.
  4. Sadri

Sadri Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can someone spoil on jealous moments, pleaaase?♡♡♡

5. Meizey

Meizey Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I will just tell you one thing: 20years. She was married for 20 years - 10 years of MILs and 10 years of combined ex-husband and MILs torture. I would never even try to understand him nor meet him in her place.
    Leaving her like that after giving birth, raping her (they are married, but she was scared so it may not be technically rape cause they are a married couple, but it still is in a way because she doesn't want to), MILs torturing her for 20 years. She can just say thank you to him for trying to give her 20+years again of the same shit. That's probably how she would see it if she knew he was the one to turn the time back.

And how can she start? As a beggar? She has 0 money or anything in her name, her father literally sold her and her husband wasn't there nor did he show any concerns over her condition, MILs tortured her. She didn't have anything to run away with. I mean she could be a beggar, sure, if she wanted to.

6. Pewee

Pewee New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm glad I read the spoilers. I almost sympathize with the 1st husband. Im glad he's utterly a trashy husband. He regressed three times but how come he never learned a lesson in his regression. Usually, we learned lessons from past mistakes. If he truly loves the fl so much, then he should do his best to be her husband and supports her but nooo he just did what he exactly did in his past regression: neglect his wife. What's the point of turning back the time for his love if he didn't do anything to protect her? He didn't truly love her, he wanted to own her. He didn't try to understand his wife's feelings. He's too confident that just stopping her from dying would make things great that's why fl left him. Well, at least his past regressions let fl have her own happy ending.

7. Boopbup

Boopbup Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wait he regressed 3 times????!

8. aloeveraa

aloeveraa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I still cant believe there's actual people who's so hellbent on defending this asshole and even worse, a rapist.

Some people might claim that they didnt defend him and just trying to "look from his perspective" but man....there must be something wrong with your moral if thats enough for you to feel actual pity for him. Like what he did to redempt himself is literally a bare minimum. He's just giving back his ex-wife life after torturing her for 20 years. Thats not revolutionary nor any groundbreaking.

but hey, some people might just have things for an asshole right. Especially those who have the "saviour complex"lol. They love the asshole wrapped up in a so called tragic back story so they could throw a pity party for him.

Last edited: May 18, 2022
    Mingxia, Yadomi, Lignin and 17 others like this.
  9. Hypothon

Hypothon Semi-known disqus/NUF smut/shoujo commenter.

Reading List:
    Link
    Series discussion

Just found out and read the manhwa. I am thankful for all the spoilers and discussion.
    Personally, most of it I have some similar feelings (and I can understand the smidgen of trying to understand James since the only thing the manhwa did right was showing MCs trauma but not why James is a cause of her trauma, at least the panels are off). Again, personally I think the birth of her first child affected me more than with the letter. This is coming from a man who claims to have fallen with MC at first sight. I can understand he might need to come back to war as swiftly as possible but at the same time, his wife nearly died at childbirth, by the time the second arrived and her condition still wasn't the best (or when he raped her. That slap should've made him question why she's reacting this way).

To go back with the discussion, the last post on page 7 is the best counter for the "James remembering everything when he gets his sword". Its weird, he tells his wife to lay low, I'm under the assumption this is him making bad choices (TL1 MC is murdered by his enemies, fine we can acknowledge TL2 he is completely unaware of the abuse. How did he find out one of the mothers poisoned his wife? Is it safe to assume he thought or denied the thought one of his mothers can't do such a thing, but this goes back to MCs terrible constitution or how terrible the relationship between mother and children are since they've been influenced by James' mothers (at least have the weakest link/coward spoiled mom confess and acknowledge the abuse then assert his authority that this was the wife he and emperor chose. Basically, I'm adding even more needless factors. Next, early in the thread we can consider him being wary of MCs lack of experience in administering a household knowing he observed her after gaining interest and knowing she majored accounting. That is part of her sworn duty as a duchess and he should've given her some authority on par of his 3 mothers AT LEAST (not all if this was the scenario as what was earlier discussed). What worry from lack of exp when she can learn of it along the way? Not to mention, he could ask a separate reward if the relationship was mended. Plus, as the head/main figure of the war, he could've requested extra protection of the duchess from the shadows (someone brought up that he could've just eliminated ALL possible dangerous factors at home justifying as the warriorhead of the kingdom, he demands extra guards for his wife since you know she got murdered in TL1, but this goes back whether he already got the sword or he remembers TL1. Laying low didn't feel like the ideal reply at all (even if it was to protect her in the long run), give her equal authority or separate authority so she has a safer haven. He's still a duke, right? Surely he has a different mansion/staff with a trusty aide to help the household or is the only aide with him on the battlefield? Also, I might add why did he not verify info with the servants? Or are we going to believe the letters were intercepted in some way in James's twisted mind or something?

Still... we should go back with the current big question
    WHEN does he receive the sword and in turn, ALL of previous TL memories?

10. BellaReader

BellaReader Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't think it matters. It is important that now in this timeline he is in love with his wife, married her, knows that she graduated from the academy and received a letter from her asking for help and an offer of cooperation... and threw it all away, preferring that everything resolve somehow by itself, while he is at war. He chose not to make decisions. Either he did not take her letter seriously, or he does not trust her opinion and feelings. In any case, whether or not he remembered the previous timelines, her request could not be ignored. But he did.
    After all, he could send a message to his mothers to treat his wife well and take care of her. He could write that the wife is important to him or to the emperor. Why not? But he chose nothing.

11. Emma626

Emma626 626 flavors of love, none for you~

Reading List:
    Link
    That's a rumor he made, and she got pregnant by accident. It's so funny how he swore to never make such a mistake again. He said to everyone that he's not a man if he got her pregnant again. During her pregnancy she was so distressed because of her previous pregnancies she was on edge and scared all the time. She was pregnant the same time as the emperor hehe

mmem, Juslikejazz, FunSmiles and 5 others like this.
  12. Eloisane

Eloisane Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Totally unex...who I'm going to lie, totally expected, Idk why authors decide to create such idiotic rumors or plot, if they aren't going to follow it correctly...
    She had more than one kid?

Ariary, ValReads and Emma626 like this.
  13. BellaReader

BellaReader Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The rumor was that he was impotent. And such a rumor appeared because he did not desire the girl at the ball, who clung to him. Although I think it is strange that everyone expects that he must immediately have an erection for an unfamiliar girl who simply approached him... lol
    As far as I remember nothing was said about his fertility.

14. Eloisane

Eloisane Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 20 of the manwha, she says she knows he is infertile

15. its0k

its0k Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It is a wrong translation, that is often appearing in k-novels and comics, where infertile, impotent and eunuch is always mixed up.
    In this specific case no one has any evidence to say that ML is infertile, because there was no woman who slept with him, tried to get pregnant and couldn’t.
    The 1st husband has heard the rumour that ML is not interested in women and that it’s because he’s impotent.

BellaReader likes this.
  16. Emma626

Emma626 626 flavors of love, none for you~

Reading List:
    Link
    No they only had one child. A cunning one at that.

DOHere likes this.
  17. Bibidia

Bibidia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Now that we have established James is a r*pist, neglectful husband, absentee father, horrible human etc can someone drop spoilers on the redhead? is she Ian's ex?

Ariary, Mingxia, Juslikejazz and 3 others like this.
  18. its0k

its0k Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    She was the reason of Ian’s disgust in physical contact with women. She tried to seduce him when he was younger and it has left a huge impression on him. You can find more detailed spoilers following the TOC, I think the whole novel summary was posted around page 3.

mmem, Mingxia, Lignin and 3 others like this.
  19. Bibidia

Bibidia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I remember seeing those spoilers before but they are not there right now for some reason

mmem and its0k like this.