Spoiler My Vengeful Former Lover

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Chizuru, Dec 1, 2021.

1. Chizuru

Chizuru Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]
    Title: My Vengeful Former Lover
    Associated Names: 부러진 가지를 잡지 마세요
    NU Link: https://www.novelupdates.com/series/my-vengeful-former-lover/
    Raws: https://series.naver.com/novel/detail.series?productNo=6053820

Synopsis:

‘Even if our marriage, which the emperor has decided, becomes my revenge on you. Shouldn’t you endure it, my lovely bride?’

When her father’s strategy, which led to rebellion in the neighboring country to make his son-in-law king, had failed, Deatrice, who lost her fiance, ended up getting engaged with the emperor’s favorite knight to avoid the crisis that befell her family.

As the duke’s daughter, marrying a knight was a shame. What’s even worse was that the person she had to marry, the emperor’s favorite knight, was Lucius Elliot. He was her former lover, who she had to break up with because of her father’s opposition six years ago.

Lucius was a passionate and affectionate lover. However, he lost his title and his land and was pushed to the battlefield after he was proven to be an illegitimate child by the Deatrice’s father’s trick.

Six years later, the two of them faced each other with the situation reversed, bearing the bad memories of the past. Deatrice was becoming heartbroken by Lucius’ action, which she couldn’t tell whether it’s an act of revenge or regret…

2. Spoiler Curator

Spoiler Curator Hi , Click Edit and Edit My Posts

Reading List:
    Link
    Spoiler Table of Contents Placeholder

Table of Contents
    • Chapter 100 spoiler
    • Chapter 250 spoiler
    Anyone is able to edit this post with an account. Please edit this post to link to spoilers in this thread as you find them. You are free to edit and remove anything within this post, including this placeholder text.

For more information, please visit: https://forum.novelupdates.com/threads/new-spoiler-plugin-for-the-forums.114103/

3. -NEAR-

-NEAR- ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ

Reading List:
    Link
  4. alleniver

alleniver Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  5. Reiujii

Reiujii Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This looks interesting :blobpeek:

Queenofmirth likes this.
  6. mrs.apache

mrs.apache Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    spoiler please...

7. SointheendIamstillcrazyforthis

SointheendIamstillcrazyforthis Member

Reading List:
    Link
  8. Rin.rinaaa

Rin.rinaaa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Are there any spoilers how ML forgives the MC? Since that's how it goes with novels with this kind of premise.

9. Bibidia

Bibidia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So let me guess, ML tortures FL for her father's doings... so typical

Nizze, donaiseiyuu, Sonali15 and 4 others like this.
  10. kindaanedibleapple

kindaanedibleapple Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No actually!! I’m really liking it cause it’s pretty different! Basically, ml and mc were dating and he was super in love, and kinda obsessive in the only hot in stories way and she didn’t really notice it at least not where the place I read it at is in the story yet, basically ml got revealed as being and illegitimate child, he was actually like a nephew and he totally lost his standing, but he didn’t blame mc really at all, and he was heart broken because mc was and kinda is rn a dick to him, she didn’t visit him cause she cared more for her reputation and was mad he didn’t tell her even though at the time it wasn’t a big deal, and then he got sent to war and she got engaged to a prince and even after he was basically exiled and it was sure she couldn’t marry him, she wore the ring he gave her because she was hoping the engagement could still work because it’s what her father wanted. Ml comes back as a hero and like saved the emperor or smthn, and along with other things, emperor set up a marriage between mc and ml cause the emperor wanted him to marry the woman he loved. Even after he comes back, mc is still kind of a dick to him and keeps wearing the ring her ex fiancé gave her even when she heard she would marry ml, at least until ml forced her to take it off. And then ml is like ‘I don’t want the emperor to think our marriage isn’t out of love so pretend to be in love in public’ basically the ml is mad at her for a legit reason and still sort of loves her, and mc is awkward and feels guilty around him fir what she did. Where it is now, they just got in an argument and ml was like ‘prove you give a shit about me, kiss me’ and he tried to pull her into his arms, and mc was like ‘how dare an illegitimate child do that!’ And ml was super hurt and upset for good reason and left and waited in the carraige for her, and she felt bad for what she said and she only said those words because it’s what her father told her, and in the carriage she tries to apologize but he’s like “in those type of situations, what a person truly feels comes out” basically him saying he thinks she actually hates him for being an illegitimate child. I really like the story for the most part, I love the ml but I dislike the mc even though I see where she’s coming from, she’s kind of just boring and bland and easily swayed and doesn’t think for herself, and I agree with the mls sister with wondering why ml even likes mc

Idk he has yet to forgive her especially since she pulled another dick move, though I look forward to her not being emotionally constipated if I do say so myself

11. Bibidia

Bibidia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Imagine if it was the FL in ML place, her character would get criticized so much. FL didn't want to marry him so why force her just because ML loves her? I don't blame her for being a dick lol, yes she is not a nice person for judging him for being illegitimate but she was raised by a man with those uppity noble values. It's weird how ML still wants her even though she rejected him, even forcing her to take off that engagement ring? I don't get why u love the ML character but not FL... both are not very likeable. FL never personally mistreated ML but he is literally forcing himself on her using emperor as an excuse, surely he can tell emperor she doesn't want him and cut the whole thing off? and then acting surprised when she rejects his advances, like u know her mindset [​IMG]... :facepalm:

Isn't the best thing to let her go instead of forcing her to stay by your side and force her to do things she doesn't want to... I think there's a lot of double standards upon which female characters are judged. :hmm:

Anxietitty, Nizze, its0k and 6 others like this.
  12. kindaanedibleapple

Reading List:
    Link
    If the fl was in the mls place, I think she would be liked just as much and be just as justified. And ok, she was raised by her father who acts like that- so? She dated ml, her father didn’t, she isn’t her father, she’s supposed to be able to think for herself. Being raised by a bad person isn’t an excuse to be bad, and trying to excuse it as such kind of only shows your double standards
    As far as I can tell, the emperor is forcing the engagement. Also, bruh, you talking about double standards? First of all, the are so many stories where mls devote themselves to the mcs and the mcs are awful to them and just mess around and can’t even muster up being loyal to them and stuff, and all everyone does is praise the mc. You’re just looking for reasons to hate the ml, when honestly he has a justifiable and valid reason to be upset at the mc, and EVEN WITH THAT he hasn’t even been mistreating her so far. Like you do realize this is a romance story right? Like you can’t just be like ‘oH hE sHoUlD lEt HeR gO’ because otherwise literally the entire story doesn’t happen. Because yes, that’s probably what a normal healthy human would do, but those aren’t the standards set in this case. In this case the romance needs to happen and thus he can’t let her go, and unlike basically every other story in these styles he’s a legit dude who isn’t just blaming the mc because of something someone else did, he’s actually upset at mc for being terrible to him. I dislike the fl as of now, but considering how well this story is written so far, I think I’ll come to like her because immediately after fighting with ml she actually felt really bad and knew what she did wrong and tried to apologize. I like the ml because he’s being a generally good dude with what he was given, and he actually has a valid reason to be upset at the mc instead of bullying her for something her family did. Like it was her father that exposed him for being illegitimate and he’s not angry at her where as every other story that would be the sole reason the ml tortured the mc.

I’m replying to you btw it wasn’t letting me for some reason-_-

13. DAngel7

DAngel7 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Anyone has any spoilers for this story? Currently at chapter 19 where he proposed to her (for show), and a little flashback about their break up before happening at the same place where he now proposed.
    I really am curious what are his real feelings for her? Is he still angry? Or has his feelings for her completely gone? Or he secretly still loves her and wants to be with her (because otherwise why would he make the garden in his mansion bigger and more beautiful because he remembers she likes gardens)?

please give more spoilers!

Creolenerd likes this.
  14. Astellar

Astellar Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Camping for spoilers :blobpopcorn:

15. kindaanedibleapple

Reading List:
    Link
    So as far asn
    i can tell, he still loves her but feels that she hates or doesn’t like him and is hurt by that, as far as I can tell for mc, she isn’t necessarily in love, but she feels regret for she did to him and wants to make it up to him, and they have their wedding and she is having fun and smiling and dancing, but ml feels that he sees signs that she is lying and faking her happiness and then he feels super upset and then he sees like other men looking at her with lust and stuff and is jealous and upset, and she gets her ankle hurt and he puts ice on it and like it’s too cold but she doesn’t say anything and he’s like “why do you force yourself to suffer” and he tells her smthn like that he can tell she’s not enjoying the party and she is like no I’m actually really enjoying it. I haven’t seen any update past that which is sad cause I like this story

DOHere, hongmeowpanda, its0k and 2 others like this.
  16. kindaanedibleapple

Reading List:
    Link
    Ok so update, they might do the smex but it ended at rather worrying part cause he’s drunk and she’s scared and I want updates can someone spoil the next chapter;-; he was like touching her with her clothes on and she liked it but she looked up and he looked dead behind the eyes so she stopped him and he stood up and grabbed a small knife, pls tell me he’s gonna like- give it to her to stop him if he does smthn she doesn’t like or like kinkily take her clothes off and make her feel good or smthn

I need spoilers too man

17. aneliese

aneliese Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Lucius just cuts his arm so there will be blood on the sheets to make it look like they slept together.

• Deatrice has some healing powers similar to those of priests, but the other person's feelings of pain will end up transferred to Deatrice in the process. She heals Lucius' wounds when he gets injured, which he is upset to learn about afterwards. He doesn't want her to take on his physical pain.
    • Lucius' plan since the beginning was to eventually annul the marriage.
    • The former fiancé, Frederick, who was assumed to have died, returns alive.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2022
  18. Sonali15

Sonali15 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It is rare that ML is nice and FL is acting like those trash emperor of revenge novel :blob_plusone:

Queenofmirth and zoefleyl like this.
  19. kindaanedibleapple

Reading List:
    Link
    OMG THANK YOU when is the snu snu tho?? And like when do they start loving and when are the fluffy moments?:3

luliibunny likes this.
  20. wanderwithred

wanderwithred Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    spoilers please :blob_plusone::blob_plusone::blob_plusone: how many more chapters to read their sweet interactions :blob_teary: