Novel Narchuuni's Guide in Swords and Magic

Discussion in 'Community Fictions' started by Arcadia Blade, Nov 27, 2016.

1. Arcadia Blade

Arcadia Blade ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ You can do it!!

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey guys, its Arcy.

This time, its not my novel but my brother who wants to write his own. I'm just his sub-editor(he had to check if there was any mistakes to my style and so i'm the sub).

I hope that you'll enjoy this novel he made...

Synopsis:

[Its not available due to the fact that he forgot to make it(damn.)]

In the year 2017, mankind discovered a new DNA called 'Neo DNA'. Using animals as the source of this gene in creating this new DNA but soon they regret using it.

A certain incident caused the world to change...

The DNA was released by the explosion created by a certain labaratory and spread towards the area around it. Causing the animals to mutate and transform into a new species later called...

'Neo Beast'

The new species spread like wildfire, causing major havoc around the world. Towns burned, Cities collapsing like dominoes and many innocent lives were lost. The goverment all around the world, issued their armies to purge this new species but ultimately failed.

Soon, the armies had angered the new species which later purged the human kind all together.

This was the start of World war 3........

The war was so devastating that the human population had declined rapidly. The goverment all around the world thinking new ways to combat these monsters.

And then, a certain man from europe which would be later called the 'Imperial Great Britania', discovered a new stone called 'Mana Stone' and injecting it on humans which causes human to use an ability called magic.

This was approved by the government and soon the new era emerged as...

'Magic Era'

By Utilizing these new gained ability, they battled the beast, pushing the beast back in their territory. Thus the war with humans and beast have ended, leaving the humans victorious in the battle. The humans thought that by making the beast retreat, they would instill fear to the beast.

Their celebration of the end of war led them to their demise when they regret letting the beast retreat. In just 2 years, the beast quickly reproduce their war potential and start to retake their lost teritorries.

The humans discovered their fast reproduction, they decided to create a new technology based on the mana stone.

The humans became more knowledgeable in the new power called magic as they implant a fragment of the core with the beast samples that they plundered from the war, causing a mutation of beast and man.

'Neo Humans'

These half-beast, half-man creatures are used as their main combat potential in the war which gave the them the edge in ending the long war.

But...

These people were forsaken by the humans as they start to rebel on their creators, causing more destruction than the beast.

But without any prior info, a neobeast that risen in the deserted place in india. Its strength was both formidable to both humans and neohumans.

'NeoBeast king'

Born from neohumans but lost its sanity, turning it into a beast that slaughtered both sides. It had driven fear for everyone and cause a sense of despair. But then, a neohuman and a human from a place called Japan, collided and defeated the beast.

'Mad Warrior Queen' and 'Tempest Archmage'

The woman who holds the strongest fist and the man who causes storm to those who oppose him, they slew and ended the Neobeast king's life and ended the feud between both sides.

20 years later............

A land where destruction was evitable, a humanoid beast roared in a near-ending land.

"Hahaha, these fools think that i can be defeated? I am the strongest being in the world."

Lying down were the defeated foes of this being. But there was a young man who held a sword in his hand as he point it towards the being.

"Strongest being? You are facing the man himself! I will obliterate that sham dream of yours!"

"Very well, let see your potential..."

Then, both sides jumped at the same time as each clash with steel and flesh.

Intense pressure brought for destruction to the land as each clashes were made.

Lava errupting, strong gust of wind, even summoning a meteor, the continue to fight until one is left standing.

Until...

"Do you wish to ceast?"

The young man pointed the tip of his sword to the beast's neck as he proclaimed victorious to the battle.

He had Overwhelmed his opponent in battle and power. The being couldn't withstand and resignate itself to its opponent.

"Now, say your last words and this handsome self shall give you a quick death."

The young man arrogantly said those words as he waited for his opponent to talk. The being smiled at him as it opens its mouth.

*Beep* *Beep* *Beep*

"Ugh...*Yawn*"

But all of the things that happened disappear as a young man awoke from his sleep. He glanced at his clock as he became angry at it.

"Damn. You had to awaken me in my good dream you damned machinary. Time should have followed me instead of me following it."

The young man rose from his bed as he walked in front of his mirror as he made a pose.

"Hmn...Still as handsome as ever. There shouldn't be someone this handsome born in this world."

As he continue to admire himself, he glance at a pamplet as he took it.

"Hahaha, i'll be enrolling a famous school that will bow to me sooner or later. For today is the day that my beautiful self would enroll to this school."

He began to laugh as he was now gonna enter a school for magicians...
    Table of Contents:
    Guide 1

Last edited: Nov 27, 2016
  2. Arcadia Blade

Reading List:
    Link
    In an alternate modern world, there's a famous magic school that teaches young students that aspired to become famous magician. A test was held to admit the students into enrolling in this school.

Then, a certain boy was currently taking his test as a young teacher is currently looking at him with expectant eyes.

(This lad. Such concentration. He must be a genius from a certain family.)

But the boy wasn't the only one who had taken the test. There are those from a famous family in each field. A boy from a certain Government world whose size is questioned, the famous militaristic family whose child could be said to be the genius in this generation and the noble family line of magicians said that their daughter that has been sheltered in her entire life.

There are those whose talent that can't be measured like the the a brute man and a certain boy that hides in his desk all the time each time he was being stared at.

But the teacher continues to look at that certain boy that continues to stare at his desk for a long time.

(Today, this handsome self is gonna enter this academy and show the world of my greatness. Since there's no one in the world who can best me but myself.)

In his mind that admires about himself, he already thinks that he can enter this school without any problems whatsoever. But...

(Such difficulties. No wonder this school is famous for its rigorous tests. But this school is perfect for such as myself.)

But this was just a practical test that students can easily do in their middle school. But the boy thinks that this test was at a university level.

This boy is just an idiot.

He can only think of this test as difficult because this boy is just an idiot. But before he can write anything...

"Hmph, this is just too easy."

The boy stood up from his seat as he proclaimed that this was just easy for him to do. But there was someone that was waiting for him to finish writing.

(Chance!)

It was the short boy. He gathered light from his hand as he slammed it to his table. It created a strong wind which made all the papers move around the room and the students began to panic as they quickly take the papers that was flying around.

After the papers were collected, the teacher walked towards the short boy and thrust a fist on his head.

"Tsk. Causing a rukus and stealing someone's paper right in front of the teacher. What guts brat..."

"Hah? Do you think i'm someone that low to steal someone's paper?"

The short boy snarls at the teacher as if he didn't commit any crime. While having a childlike features, he was like a thug thats has a short fuse and ready to beat the crap out of the teacher.

But there was a problem...

(Eh? Why did my writing's disappeared? It must've have been magically changed when you don't write it properly.)

The ponytailed girl had confused herself that this test had applied magic when the incident happened. But she didn't noticed that her paper's been switch with someone else's.

(Oh, Great job me! You just solve the answers without even moving a muscle. I must be so good at myself.)

While the idiot just got lucky and stole her's. Even more so, she didn't even write her name. Which was convenient. Also, he didn't write his name until now. Which was even more convenient for him.

Then, the test was over and only one person got called to the office due to cheating...

▼▼

"Now, all of you will perform a magic spell and we will judge them by your performance."

A new instructor was now gonna manage this test due to the other disiplining a troublesome student. She called out one student at a time and each of them began to cast magic. Some students have the potential while some were barely able to make the cut.

"Ryusaki Shigeo."

A certain student was called out as the one of the student who had proclaimed on the written test easy, walked forward and stood at the practice field.

[Incinerate my enemies, Flame Strike]

As he streched his hand, red light began to gather and formed a small sphere of red light. It launched itself and hit the dummy as it begun to lit up and start to melt.

*Boom*

Then, the dummy imploded and its remains turned to ask as the following students began to feel awestruck at Shigeo's performance.

"As expected of a militaristic family. A basic magic that can create such damage..."

The instructor continued to observe that boy as he turned back and called out another student.

"Sistina Yukihime."

Then, a girl walked in front of the group as she stood in the field.

[Let all those who come to my territory freeze to death, IceBlast.]

Cold air gathered in the surroundings as ice started to build around the dummy. It continue to grow until the dummy was in cased in ice.

*Snap*

As Yukihime snapped her fingers, the ice began to crack and exploded. Leaving nothing except some ice rubbles. The students began to fear her for casting such brutal magic. If someone were to become her enemy, they would become like the dummy who got obliterated.

"Was it too weak?"

"""..."""

Some students became scared to become her enemy. Knowing that she even held back, they didn't want to see something stronger that what they've just seen. The instructor became impressed at her skills that she'll have a bright future ahead of her as a magician.

"Well, next is Hide-"

"Wait! I'll be the next person."

Before she could call out to another student, the short boy walked out towards the field as he glared at the following students. The other instructor also came as he was tired like he's gonna pass out from exshaustion.

"Dang, that brat's quite a handful i tell ya. Don't ya judge him by his appearance, his tongue's like a viper!"

Scratching his head, the instructor lost in disiplining the boy and decided to let him go. This school doesn't judge its students by their academics, they mainly judge them by their magical talent. So, even if he did cause a scene at the classroom, he used magic to cheat. It was already impressive enough that he can cast low output of magic that even the teacher had to concentrate just to sense where it came from.

"Um...you are?"

"Tsubaki Natsu."

"Okay. You may now begin."

As the female instructor said that, Natsu began to take off his shirt as he cast his magic.

[Let my enemies know the tyrant might of my strength, Strength!]

White light gathered from his body and every part of his muscle began to bulge. He was like swelling in power as he glared at the dummy in front.

"Hah!"

He stepped back as he thrust out his right fist, aiming at the dummy. A vacuum of air gathered from his fist as it became a condense air and launches itself towards the dummy.

*Bang* *Crack*

The dummy was obliterated by sheer amounts of force as the air continue to push until it hit the walls. There was a thin layer of white light that blocks the blow but couldn't witstand the strength, it began to crack but didn't break.

"Gyahaha, thats how you do it."

The white light disappear as he took his jacket and walked back. The teachers were impressed at his execution and even made a crack at the barrier that could withstand a advance grade spell.

"Then, the last is-"

"Its the great me right?"

As the teacher called out, an arrogantic voice called out as all eyes gathered on a certain student that took a pose. He walked in front of the students as he heading to the field.

"Haa..."

He streched out his hand as red light gathered from his hands.

"C-ch-chantless?!"

The female instructor held out her breath as she couldn't believe her eyes. Only a small amount of people could cast without chanting. Meaning, this boy can be called a natural genius.

The light he gathered from his hand then gathered towards his palms and formed a tiny ball of light as it flew from his hands and went towards the dummy.

*Poof*

As the ball hit the dummy, it disappeared into smoke. Complete silence in the surroundings as Natsu began to laugh maniacly.

"HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. WTF WAS THAT?! IT WAS JUST A FLUKE?! YOU MADE ME SCARED YOU PIECE OF FUCK!"

"Hpmh, you haven't seen anything...yet."

"What?"

*Snap*

*Ffffffssssshhhh*

As the boy snapped his fingers, blue light errupt on the dummy as it started to ignite in a 3 meter radius. Intense blue flames began to dance on the field as the dummy disappear into nothingness, along with some earth that laid beneath.

Some were shocked while some had their jaws dropped. Even the boy who ridicule him was speechless.

"Such a trivial matter for such as my beautiful self."

The boy had achieved great feats by impressing the students and teachers his talent. Being arrogant didn't change the fact that he really a genius in his own field.

(Whew. I thought it wouldn't work. But making a mistake was such fluke for the great me.)

The people didn't realise that the boy was just lucky to have summoned that kind of magic. He didn't even think that it would work due to the fact that he didn't know how to use magic.

"W-who is that brat?"

"...Hidemoto Watari..."

This was the begining of the famous magician that was just lucky to cast a single magic...

3. mangobeef

mangobeef [Obsessed Mango] [团子幼女工口力's fan]

Reading List:
    Link
    Is the prologue related to the plot?

4. Arcadia Blade

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes. Or depends on the author.

5. mangobeef

mangobeef [Obsessed Mango] [团子幼女工口力's fan]

Reading List:
    Link
    If it's a Yes, I would suggest you put the IRL setting before the MC's POV.

6. MeoWoe

MeoWoe [Altair] [Exqúisite]

Reading List:
    Link
    you slaves! keep it up!...need more slaves to write for us..good job.

7. Ogre

Ogre Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ano mga gebr
    Ano mga genre tags mo pre?

8. Arcadia Blade

Reading List:
    Link
    I'll try to tell that to the author.
    You'll need to wait for a long time or if my brother really starts to work me like a slave...
    Narcissist(arrogant or filipino dota 2 players in a normal match), chuunibiyu(filipino dota 2 players who acts almighty) and idiot(bobo).

9. Shiho

Shiho ☘️ Kusa Gang ☘️

Reading List:
    Link
    Reading the prologue makes me wonder if the protagonist is from a chinese novel, but when I read the filipino comments, wao now I know. (Parang yung kapatid ko lang sarap hampasin yung mukha.)

10. Arcadia Blade

Reading List:
    Link

That moment when me and your brother are related...

11. Shiho

Shiho ☘️ Kusa Gang ☘️

Reading List:
    Link
    When I read the chapter 1 title, and thought he goes to the road of ninjutsu.

12. Ogre

Ogre Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Good luck to you and your brother! I hope you success!! (Medyo napag iiwanan na ang bansa natin pag dating sa mga ganitong bagay kaya nagagalak ako na may mga pilipinong author na hindi lang puro love story sa wattpad ang kayang sulatin at meron pa pala tayong mga author na handang mag take risk to do other genres like the one you are making. Hope to see you succeed and finish the story with a bang!! Laban lang! )

13. Arcadia Blade

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh, you'll get to enjoy the latter chapters and know why this is has a tag of anime...
    Did you know that if you search my name on Wattpad, you will know that i also write novels like these. Too bad i stopped them due to how unpopular i was in 4-6 years ago in that site...

14. Shiho

Shiho ☘️ Kusa Gang ☘️

Reading List:
    Link
    Then, I'll wait for them like I wait for the next raw chapter of Desumachi.
    Oh, and he is a ninja, alright.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2016
  15. Arcadia Blade

Reading List:
    Link
    No. but my brother does have a character that moves like a ninja...

16. Shiho

Shiho ☘️ Kusa Gang ☘️

Reading List:
    Link
    Will this story stay at that certain magic school?

17. Arcadia Blade

Reading List:
    Link
    Depends. I'm just a Sub-editor...

18. AMissingLinguist

AMissingLinguist [Not Here][Blank Sect][Nuffian #N]

Reading List:
    Link
    This original novel needs a little more editing. Sorry, but I'm too lazy to point out parts of the sentences that seem like they would link and wording that bothered me. Also, I wish your brother good luck on writing his novel.

19. Arcadia Blade

Reading List:
    Link
    Great. Now my brother's gonna kill me for the bad editing...

20. AMissingLinguist

AMissingLinguist [Not Here][Blank Sect][Nuffian #N]

Reading List:
    Link
    Sorry, I didn't mean to cause trouble for you. If I compared the rough draft and your draft, there would probably be a big jump in quality.