Chinese National beauty 国色生香

Discussion in 'Novel Pickup Request' started by GoliathQueen, Apr 17, 2021.

1. GoliathQueen

GoliathQueen Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Name: National beauty 国色生香
    Raw link: https://m.shubaow.net/45/45464/
    NU link: None
    Why it should get picked up: It's a sweet story about a cold prince with a stutter and a beautiful but silly girl. The romance wasn't fast-paced but it wasn't excruciatingly slow. It is satisfying to see the process of them getting to know, accepting, and falling in deeply in love. This novel made me feel so much emotions: I cried, got pissed, laughed, and swooned. I love how you see FL fall in love and be loved, after her rebirth. She's just a simple girl, really. I also like how the story explores other relationships such as, her mother and stepfather, Prince Chu and his wangfei. It also has brotherhood and sisterhood. I especially like her relationship with her stepsisters. The author also did a good job with the relationship (or lack thereof) between the Emperor and his sons.
    Funny moment to entice translators:
    When SJN bound her breasts to conform to the beauty standard at that time (slender, frail, flat-chest). Unfortunately, her bindings snapped while she was talking to the ML. I died from secondhand embarrassment when the ML saw the binding that fell out of her clothes and realized her front suddenly became bigger.
    Synopsis: Song Jianing, beautiful and charming, followed her mother who remarried to the Duke's mansion. She tried to be dignified but was still targeted by the domineering stepbrother. Trembling, Song Jianing secretly stuffed Zhao Heng a piece of candy: I am good to you, you have to support me in the future. Zhao Heng then supported her, sharing the glory and beauty of the country along the way.

Last edited: May 5, 2021
    Onelifeonelove and Uncopyright like this.
  2. GoliathQueen

Reading List:
    Link
  3. The Griot

The Griot Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think I'll pick this up.

GoliathQueen likes this.
  4. GoliathQueen