National Novel Writing Month again(NaNoWriMo)

Discussion in 'Author Discussions' started by Vanidor, Oct 23, 2020.

1. Vanidor

Vanidor Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    https://nanowrimo.org

I've posted this before, but for those looking for some writing support, or a feeling of community, etc. there's the yearly writing challenge coming up starting November 1st. I'm doubting there will be as many group writing (like meetups at a library, someone's house, etc.) as before but a lot of places should still have some kind of activity.

For clarity, it's not a contest where you have to submit anything. It's just for people wanting an extra push to finally write. There's various writing resources, discussion groups, and other things that can be helpful.

I'm also not involved in it, but anything that helps people write is good.

2. FIEND

FIEND i eat crayons

Reading List:
    Link
    what is this? do people usually meet up and write together? like a writing con or someshit

3. Vanidor

Vanidor Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's basically the goal of writing a 50,000 word book in a month.

On top of that they have a community feature where if you live in Toronto for example you have a discussion board with local writers. Some communities have meet ups where they meet at a coffee shop, library or someone's house and write together for a few hours. There's no requirement to go to one though.

Edit: I'm assuming Zoom or other online software will be more common in most regions this year.

My local city of 50,000 has a community group of 180 or so people, but not all them are likely active. Mostly women, so if you are a male writer looking to meet local female writers...!

There's non regional groups like "Steamy Romance Group 18+", "Young Adult Sci-Fi Writers!", etc.

Here's a pic of regional groups:

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 24, 2020