Japanese Nejimaki Seirei Senki - Tenkyou no Alderamin

Discussion in 'Novel Pickup Request' started by runsing, Jun 17, 2017.

1. runsing

runsing status : bleeding, health -10/s Novel Updates Staff

Reading List:
    Link
    78934l.jpg

Name: Nejimaki Seirei Senki - Tenkyou no Alderamin
    alt Name :
    Alderamin on the Sky / ねじ巻き精霊戦記 天鏡のアルデラミン
    Raw Link: Jcafe (i just check the links validity, all v1-10 are working)
    NU Link: click here

Why It Should Get Picked Up: it was recently (june 8) dropped by current translator (or should i say previous?) . more info @ skythewood's

Description:

A uncommon JP novel where the male mc is an actual strategist and won battle by being cold, ruthless yet he himself is weak, physically. The female mc is an unmatched swordswoman of their empire. She made a deal with the mc to help her in her career and in return, she will help him become a librarian, a work where in mc's pov, a high paid, but easy and leisurely.

The mighty Katjvarna Empire is currently embroiled in a war with the neighboring Kiorka Republic.

Within an unspecified corner of this empire, a certain young man was reluctantly preparing to take the High Grade Military Officer Exam owing to mysterious circumstances. His name is Ikta.

As a man, Ikta abhors war, is slothful by nature, and worships the female form.

At the time, no one could have possibly predicted that a person like him would become a military figure worthy of being called a legendary general……

The young Ikta, armed with his superb talents as a soldier, struggles to survive in a world ravaged by war. This tale will recount his tumultuous life up until this point, as the curtains are drawn for a spectacular chronicle of fantastical warfare!

Last edited: Jun 17, 2017
  2. Archaic pickle

Archaic pickle Daoist Heavenly Kimichi

Reading List:
    Link
    Hope it gets picked up
    Always Liked weak/smart MC'S

runsing likes this.
  3. justanotherreader

justanotherreader Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I didnt really spoil anything but ok i deleted it

runsing likes this.
  4. runsing

Reading List:
    Link
    since @justanotherreader deleted his, you should edit yours too. the quote, i mean.

5. Rickymex

Rickymex Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'll just delete it.

runsing likes this.
  6. runsing

Reading List:
    Link
    good news. Evilgollem at Skythewood will be resuming the translation. more info at Skythewood's

7. M4L4DD1CT10N

M4L4DD1CT10N Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey people, just wanted to get this up front again. This is one of my all time favourite anime because of the excellent strategy and the awesome characters not just the ultra hot double sword wielding chick, but also the MC himself who is like a suave pick up artist, lazy strategic genius, and all around cool and intelligent guy. Just as I offered with the Almadianos series before, I am willing to put up cash as a helpful incentive for anyone interested in picking this up, something like $50/month from me alone is definitely doable, and if you are moving fast I could even donate more. So someone please take up this incredible story and let all of us see what happens next, because with only the first three books fully translated, we have only reached the same point as the anime itself went to which is really sad for all of us who thought this was a rare gem.

8. GroseHerrscher

GroseHerrscher Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Does anyone have the text raws? I can't seem to find the raws for Volume 4+ no matter how much I dig. I'm sorry.

M4L4DD1CT10N likes this.
  9. hambikchoi

hambikchoi Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Do you have a raw link on this? :) I am looking for another novel to translate. I would like to translate it if ever. thanks!

M4L4DD1CT10N likes this.
  10. M4L4DD1CT10N

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey GroseHerrscher and Hambikchoi, if it' not possible to find daws or if no one else can find them for us, I am more than willing to send funds to buy the volumes up front. I will keep searching the best I can, but I do t speak any real Japanese so I've always figured finding daws would be tough for me...incidentally the jcafe link given supposedly requires you to make an account and start one thread, even a self introduction thread, before you are able to download any links from the site. Also I noticed their threads are chronologically reversed meaning that they appear as page 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 with 6 at the front, but the first post is at the bottom of page 1, so that is where the download link should be... I'll try making an account if no one else can download them and get them to you in the next few hours...

11. runsing

Reading List:
    Link
    what novel are you translating now?

M4L4DD1CT10N likes this.
  12. M4L4DD1CT10N

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey guys, I have the raws for 1 to 8 I can send privately to someone so is anyone serious about picking this up? Maybe you could work on it together to help it go faster? I could send some money to each of you if that were the case, maybe $30/each/month? Anyway, I'm watching this thread for posts or you can start a conversation with me...

runsing likes this.
  13. GroseHerrscher

GroseHerrscher Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm actually going to translate it for free to build up a fanbase. Yes, I will be posting the prologue within a week, the weekend of the first week in May being the latest.

BauerIvan likes this.
  14. BauerIvan

BauerIvan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If you are talking about the prologue of volume 4 it already has been translated by skythewood.

15. M4L4DD1CT10N

Reading List:
    Link
    Ooh, just saw this post, well I'd still like to know your site even if you aren't accepting donations, and also I hope you have no problems with the .jpg raws. The first three books and the prologue of book 4 are translated it seems, but there are 13 books or more so far and although I don' know any specifics I saw people talking about being moved to tears at points. Anyway, I'm having trouble sending the raws because there is a 20mb attachment size limit for both gmail, and hotmail, so I'm gonna send the download links...most are from mega and one is from mediators...

16. M4L4DD1CT10N

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey everyone...

I' really sorry if I am wrong about this, but it looks like both of the teams that were planning to pick this up weren't able to do so for various reasons, well only one team got back to me to confirm they can' do it, but the other team hasn't responded for weeks now and hasn't released anything, and the last I heard was unhappy that the raws were in .jpeg although they had said they would convert them using OCR.

This leaves me searching desperately for a team to translate this series again. This is by far the number one series I absolutely want to read. I've even seen people commenting that they were moved to tears at various points in this story, so I know for sure it's very good. Please, someone pick this up. I am more than willing to financially help as much as we agree is fair. I'll make $50/month my minimum so long as there are about 4 releases a month, and I'm willing to go higher if you want to release faster. Of course I'd like someone who can do a decent translation that is better than MTL, but I'm not asking for perfection...that would be my final option, trying to pay a professional service to translate it. I will also ask some of the teams I know if they'd be interested, but I promise to support anyone willing to take this project on all the way to completion. Thanks for reading...

M4L4DD1CT10N

runsing likes this.
  17. M4L4DD1CT10N

Reading List:
    Link
    Gotta try and get this seen for a few days...

18. M4L4DD1CT10N

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey, gonna bump this one again, reiterating what I stated already, I would be happy to send somene $100/month to work on this series and complete it. This is a really great story, and the absolute number one light novel I absolutely must read at all cost. I've only just started taking Japanese lessons so it'll be a few years before I can read this to myself so I'm really pushing for someone to take this project on! Please!

M4L4DD1CT10N

19. M4L4DD1CT10N

Reading List:
    Link
    Okay, so I guess this isn't going to get picked up no matter how many times I bump it or how amazing it is. In light of that, can anyone give me any information on getting light novels translated as a business? I have tried looking it up and the prices vary considerably, and I assume the quality does as well. There are also prices per Japanese character, and prices per English word. Does anyone already know a good company they can recommend I look into? Or maybe several suggestions or any other information, ideas, or hints I can try?

M4L4DD1CT10N

20. strife0024

strife0024 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    kenar, M4L4DD1CT10N and runsing like this.