Resolved New Releases Not Showing

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Bug Reports' started by Starlighttranslations, May 10, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Starlighttranslations

Starlighttranslations Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello, I have posted multiple releases for the novel I Raised a Black Dragon but it's not showing. Under the filters, the group can be seen but there are no chapters.

2. Parth37955

Parth37955 [Unavailable, go away] Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ...it would help if you stated your group name

runsing likes this.
  3. Starlighttranslations

Reading List:
    Link
    It's Sweet Escape Translations

4. Westeller

Westeller Smokin' Sexy Style!! Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah. Yeah, those releases were rejected because they appear to be rehosts of old releases.

5. Starlighttranslations

Reading List:
    Link
    But they are my translations? I have decided to repost it on a new site since the old links are dead. And there are new chapters as well (the dead links ended at c102 only, my chapters reach c140).

Last edited: May 10, 2021
  6. runsing

runsing status : bleeding, health -10/s Novel Updates Staff

Reading List:
    Link
    thing is, we don't add a release simply because "it was re-released/re-hosted". we update/replace existing links (with the new one) instead. this is to avoid messing up the series' existing readers' bookmark.

and how do you expect we to know (that it was your translation originally, and you simply moving site and reuploads them) ? not to mention, you didn't even use this username when submttting chapters yesterday.

that is why, Add Release page is not for submitting those replacement links, instead use Report Problem form. list the new link (or just their url formatting), the affected chapters, and describe your issue.

AliceShiki, MangoGuy and Westeller like this.
  7. Westeller

Reading List:
    Link
    Your translations? Well, you have two options, depending on whether or not you can prove that.

If you can't, then we can accept new releases from you, but not the old ones. When we've accepted the new releases, we can change the links for the old releases - maintaining the old group name but redirecting to your rehosts. Crediting the old group for the releases.

If you can, then we'll accept all of your releases under whatever name you want to use.

8. Starlighttranslations

Reading List:
    Link
    I thought it was the account having problems, which is why I opted to use this account instead and posted 5 chapters to see which is the problem, but the chapters weren't posted still. Since the last dead chapter ended at c102, would it be accepted if I post chapter (c103) following the dead link?

9. Westeller

Reading List:
    Link
    The situation is somewhat more complicated.

The old group provided advanced releases for many of their novels, and we have no idea if this novel was one of them, or how many additional chapters were available. Because, y'know, the old links are all dead now. So we'd decided that the additional chapters submitted past 102 may have just been advanced chapters, and rejected them as plausible rehosts as well.

Ideally, you can just prove you were the translator. That'd be the best solution here.

AliceShiki, runsing and CadmarLegend like this.
  10. Starlighttranslations

Reading List:
    Link
    The only way I can think to prove my claim is that I have the old chapters in my Patreon and I think the corresponding dates they were posted would prove that I own the chapters, along with a few posts regarding the novel. For example: News... | Starlight translations on Patreon

11. Westeller

Reading List:
    Link
    Links require 5 posts on the forum as an anti-spam measure; a requirement you met with that post.

Yeah, we'll take that. Barring anyone showing up to claim you're a thief or something, that certainly looks legitimate enough for me. Give us a bit to sort and modify the releases, and you'll see them on the novel page. No need to submit anything else.

AliceShiki likes this.
  12. Starlighttranslations

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you so much!

13. JEGG1970

JEGG1970 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i dont know if its related to this problem or not, but i have noticed that at least 3 novels have its chapters updated missing in few minutes after they go in the list. these are 2 of 3 i have noticed.
    /series/magi-craft-meister/
    /series/crazy-leveling-system/

the 3º its about a brad that its invencible or something like that, sorry but that i just got more or less interested in, but i did see that the link was there and later after a refresh of the page, it was no there. maybe there are several more links that h<ve this problem

of course if you got to see the link its work and also the chapter can be access if you got to the page of the traslator but overall its big trouble at it is now

thanks

14. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    Must be the anti-spam system kicking in. When a group mass releases chapters in a single day, most of the mass released chapters are hidden.

15. Westeller

Reading List:
    Link
    Locking this here, as this was resolved and people are now posting off-topic.

AliceShiki likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.