Recommendations New to TL’ed Novels

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Vaik, Jan 25, 2018.

1. Vaik

Vaik Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello! I’m... really new to this haha
    I just recently started reading translated novels online and... I’ve hit a block. I’m sure with the amount of novels that seem to be out there, there’s plenty to read, it’s just at this point...I guess stuff’s not looking super enticing anymore.
    Anyways! I now venture bravely onto the forums in an attempt to find new reading material! I’m open to just about anything - though long, drawn out romances, weak female protagonists, overbearing mean male protagonists (to some extent at least), horror and some harem. Just because a story happens to contain any of those elements, or multiple, isn’t a guarantee that I won’t like it though.
    I have a weak spot for clever protagonists, general fantasy, and lgbt themes. That is to say the yuri/yaoi/shounen-ai/shoujo-ai, though I’m rather picky haha
    The only hard line I have is regards to “will not read ever” is poorly edited pieces were it’s rather choppy and hard to understand.
    Thank you all in advance ^^

PawsAndClaws likes this.
  2. MineralWater

MineralWater NU's BS supplier

Reading List:
    Link
    go check out things from volare.. I think they have what you want

Lokumi likes this.
  3. Lokumi

Lokumi 『The second greatest trash of society』

Reading List:
    Link
    @Shem You can further the corruption of an individual here :)

4. Greater thunder

Greater thunder Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    +1 man no idea what else to recommend.

5. Popocaptel

Popocaptel Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oukoku e Tsuzuku Michi , just read this

6. sinyueliang

sinyueliang 『World Traveller』『Demon Slayer』『Hinokami』

Reading List:
    Link
    Quickly Wear the Face of a Devil (yaoi, multiple world transmigrations, badass MC, face slapping)

My Disciple Died Yet Again (female protag, reincarnated into different bodies multiple times, a twist on cliche xianxia plots)

Hidden Marriage/Trial Marriage (similar, first has a little bun, both are hidden relationships with an underestimated but strong and talented female prptag)

Superstars of Tomorrow (unique setting, sci fi, composer MC who is a transmigrated soldier from the apocalyptic era)

Meloman likes this.
  7. juniorjawz

juniorjawz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    http://skythewood.blogspot.my/p/reccomendation.html?m=1
    a good starting point

8. Shem

Shem ┃ᐕ) ⁾⁾「Lv 69 BL Hunter」☆ Vrelty's Seme ♤♡ ꪋς꧖ ☆

Reading List:
    Link
  9. Darius Drake

Darius Drake A poster of verbose posts

Reading List:
    Link
    Vaik, if you have a reading list on here, and make it public, then some people will be able to get a better idea of what to recommend. If you don't have one, I apologize for asking for it.

I can't remember the name of this story, but it starts with a MC who was a genius cultivator of his family, until he traded his eyes away to an old man who promised him that it would cause problems in the short term, but give significant advantages in the long term. This made him blind, and reduced him to being treated as trash. Early into the series, he does regain his ability to see, and also gains the ability to see spirit energy. This also starts him off on the path to becoming powerful.

MC's Father spoils his second wife due to her appearance, while his mother is bedridden. This results in her trying to destroy any ability for the MC to inherit, and give that opportunity to her son.
    Character's have "blood lineages", where they absorbed the blood of a Spirit Beast and gained some of it's traits. This is the basis of many/most cultivation methods and styles.
    Those who don't have a sufficient blood lineage has hard limits on how far they can cultivate, as the knowledge on how to surpass this limitation is either restricted or only applicable to a specific blood lineage. Those with powerful blood lineages actively keep it this way by outright manipulating or forcing information that can help normal cultivators to advance and become more powerful from spreading.

If anyone can remember, or knows the name of this story, this is what I recommend for the original poster.

10. Boricua Lunar

Boricua Lunar The Jaded Wangfei Inquisitive Polymath

Reading List:
    Link
    How about you check out my reading lists? Just click on the Reading List Link underneath my photo. Cheers mate and enjoy. :)

11. Shizuka Mikki

Shizuka Mikki Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I suggest you go to the "I'm Looking For..." Forum and post a thread under "Forgotten Title"

Link: https://forum.novelupdates.com/forums/im-looking-for.1017/

Edit: @Vaik Feel free to look at my reading list too ^^

12. zarvi

zarvi Ojisan

Reading List:
    Link
  13. Vaik

Vaik Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh! I'll go take a look then! ^^

It looks potentially interesting! Thanks! ^^

Oooh I've read Face of The Devil and some of My Disciple Died Yet Again, but I haven't managed to catch the other two in my searches! Thank you ^^

Oh! Oh! Oh! It looks like I'll have a lot to take a look at! Thank you! ^^

Ooo I missed Mo Flower. I'm definitely gonna take a look!

!!!
    I don't know when I managed to get that turned off ^^""" Sorry about that. The novel you seem to be thinking of does sound interesting! I'll make sure to keep an eye out, and if you stumble across it, please let me know!

Ah! Thank you very much! ^^ I'll make sure to go through it

Ah! Thank you! ^^ Knowing about the forgotten title thing might come in handy in the future too!

I... definitely haven't read a lot of those. Thank you very much for the list! I'll be sure to go through it!

14. Raneday

Raneday Not Rane

Reading List:
    Link
  15. sinyueliang

sinyueliang 『World Traveller』『Demon Slayer』『Hinokami』

Reading List:
    Link
    Hidden Marriage and Trial Marriage are two different novels btw. I just grouped them together because they are fairly similar.

16. Darius Drake

Darius Drake A poster of verbose posts

Reading List:
    Link
    I found it. It's Divine Throne of Primordial Blood. MC's time spent blind results in him leaning how to be clever, which is why I thought to suggest it.

17. Vaik

Vaik Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ooooh looks like a good selection! Thank you ^^

Thanks for the clarification - I wasn't sure what you meant haha

( ゚Д゚)<!! thaNK I'm definitely checking that out

18. LeeEzekiel

LeeEzekiel Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Small warning about Dungeon Defense, since I'm not sure if it will be your cup of tea. It's a harem, and the protagonist (basically every major character really) is extremely twisted and capable of committing horrifying, evil acts without a shred of remorse. Granted Dantalian is technically doing all of it to save the world, and he has a soft spot for 'peasants', but he certainly doesn't lose sleep over the murder, torture, and other war crimes done by his subordinates. All that aside, it is still the most beautiful and amazing work of art I've ever read.

I also strongly recommend The Grandmaster Strategist if you like clever protagonists, true love romances, and fantastic prose/poetry. The MC is an unmatched schemer just like Dantalian in Dungeon Defense, but with a much more tranquil and, well, 'nicer' personality.

19. Vaik

Vaik Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah, I see. On one hand, a protagonist who's in general a terrible person isn't anything too off-putting, this Dantalian seems really,,,, intense hah. I think... maybe I'll still give it a shot.
    The Grandmaster Strategist looks really interesting!
    Thank you very very much for your recommendations!

20. Mayhem

Mayhem Active Member

Reading List:
    Link