[News] If It's for My Daughter, I'd Even Defeat a Demon Lord Gets TV anime adaptation

Discussion in 'Anime Discussion' started by youseiki, Feb 20, 2019.

1. yogesh12

yogesh12 Hater of Generic Novels

Reading List:
    Link
    The story ended with both of them getting married and having 2 children after a long time(the sewing girl i.e Latina's childhood friend even had great great great grandchildren or more till then) and they re seen reminiscing outside the city where Latina was raised(the lifespan problem was solved since Dale became Latina's retainer so they both have pretty much unlimited lifespan)

Wrong dude , go and read the spoilers on animesuki and Don't post misleading ending for this novel

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 20, 2019
  2. TamaSaga

TamaSaga Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I have the light novels. Latina is an adult at Volume 5 and the story shifts in tone to something different.

While it's Usagi Drop-esque in that Dale does raise a young girl, you'll find that the two wildly diverge from the very beginning. Uchi Musume focuses more on the world building and adventure aspects and the raising aspects take a back seat. I.e. Latina grows up very quickly.

3. tahzib1451

tahzib1451 Title?is it food?

Reading List:
    Link
    the only papa-daughter i approve of is Yuuki Kakeru-Hikari.....Papa Hajime and Myuu comes slight behind.....

4. yogesh12

yogesh12 Hater of Generic Novels

Reading List:
    Link
    I see that you too are man of culture :blob_sunglasses:

5. Lazriser

Lazriser Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wait, so I read the misinformed spoilers from the comment section? I always believed the story ended in tragedy. My spoiler was a lie? They lied... to me? Fuck! I wasted years not reading it, because I comments said it ended badly. Fuck'en comments trolled me! Fuck'en trolls!

Going to remove my previous spoiler, but I still dislike the story but with less hate now. At least the ending is good albeit weird.

6. Einzwalker

Einzwalker Cook-Protagonist Hater

Reading List:
    Link
    So nobody gonna bother mentioning Lotte no Omocha? Where A 23 YEAR OLD MAN IS IN LOVE WITH HIS STEP DAUGHTER WHO'S ONLY 10 YEAR OLD GIRL! And even before that when the MC's only 12 year old boy was raped by an 18 year old girl, and the child of the rape, dumped onto the innocent boy.

UnknownSaint171 likes this.
  7. xTachibana

xTachibana Wincest King

Reading List:
    Link
    Pretty sure Latina is like 8 at the start of the series.... Fuck it I'm gonna read the entire manga again!

You are thinking about a picture from the light novel where Latina is crying in a dress, that is from volume 6 iirc, it's from when she starts thinking about how he's going to die well before she does.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 20, 2019
  8. mahina

mahina Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I’m not sure her age is exactly stated, but she sure acts like she’s around 5, and she hasn’t started school. If she’s supposed to be 8 and she’s written like she’s 5, then that’s another problem lol

9. Xiose

Xiose Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Actually in the first novel Latina is about the same age Raphitalia was, she's just very petite, and I believe Dale is 18, younger than Naofumi was at the time.

Edit: Beaten by a mile, as for her behavior, well she's been sheltered since even before meeting Dale, so everything is new to her, especially the food, that gets touched on in the later volumes

10. Gisuma

Gisuma Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Latina was 7 old years in start of this series
    You can check in manga chapter 9 and ln page 111-114,
    And Dale is about 17-18 old

11. UnknownSaint171

UnknownSaint171 To Something Sounds Cooler

Reading List:
    Link
    That Anime was too f*cked up. I was traumatized and shock when I saw it. I thought it’d be good considering the voice actor Nagi from hayate no butler. He even had sex with the mother years ago and they even slightly showed it...

12. Chrono Vlad

Chrono Vlad 『Banned From Drinking』

Reading List:
    Link
    *opens volume 1 epub*

Yup she's 7

Totally forgotten about that series now you just made me remember everything... :notlikeblob:

13. Lazriser

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, that's where I saw the comments under that leaked illustration. I feel ashamed now, knowing I was fed misinformation. Sighs...
    At least now I know the novel ended in a good vibe, but I still dislike the overall development between the daughter and father pair.

14. xTachibana

xTachibana Wincest King

Reading List:
    Link
    She doesn't act like she's 5. She has been ostracized by her race for most of if not all of her childhood, she has little interaction with others, other than her parent who is now dead AND she's interacting with a different race in a language she doesn't know at the start...

Plus, Latina is way more mature than a 5 year old what are you talking about

15. Xiose

Xiose Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ahh found it,

That's where I got 8 from

16. Lazriser

Reading List:
    Link
    Think of it as a H manga, since it does have H content and off-brand manga. This will surely help your standards, and ease the disturbing thought that "your daughter who came from her mother who raped you in your child years is now unexpectedly your fiance and she totally wants her first to be with you". So yeah, it was a cluster-fuck of headaches trying understand the whole plot.
    Same reply to you from above. Hope that helps your sanity.
    Same reply to you from above (above). Hope this eases our headaches, because the backstory is cancer.

If it helps you three, it might be just slightly more acceptable than School Days backstory?:notlikeblob: Never mind, they're both fucked up realities.:blob_coughblood:

17. Chrono Vlad

Chrono Vlad 『Banned From Drinking』

Reading List:
    Link
    You mean that overflow? :sweating_profusely:

nope nope nope :blobfearful:

I'll just settle with this series. :blobokhand:

18. xTachibana

xTachibana Wincest King

Reading List:
    Link
    Right, I think this is a normal case of a girl falling for a guy who saved her, and actually falling even deeper in love with him as they spend time together.

19. zhainan2157

zhainan2157 『Villager No.2157』『Kawaii Connoisseur』

Reading List:
    Link
    Damn I was so happy to find out that this novel was getting an adaption, now this debate about whether the ending of the novel is moral or immoral just made me depressed. Reminded me of Usagi Drop as well... Like it's a fking novel just acknowledge it's fiction.
    If you argue that this kind of story will make someone want to commit incest or fk their daughter or something, then I say where in the world will you find a daughter as cute as Latina? Let's keep reality and fiction separate guys and just enjoy the story. Like seriously, if reading about what an MC does makes the reader want to copy the MC, why the fk are all these slaughter novels and stuff not debated about while a something like this is heavily debated about...

P.S. I've been wanting to pick up the novel after reading the manga so now I'm like really sad for being tempted and reading all of the spoilers you guys posted so I'm like double depressed now.

20. Lazriser

Reading List:
    Link
    So you too, have seen that accursed family tree. I still feel the chills that everything we knew was a lie. That universe is a mistake. A mistake, I say! Erase it from fiction. Erase it from our memories. Erase it all!

Chrono Vlad likes this.