Spoiler Night of the Abandoned Duchess

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by nurul amelia, Oct 5, 2021.

1. cuppa.jo

cuppa.jo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Rosaline continues talking to Leo. He starts swinging his sword around declaring he'll protect her. As he swings his arms, he accidentally knocks a tea cup from the table. Rosaline shields him, but gets scalded by hot tea. Kyle jumps up from his seat, and Leo looks like he's about to cry over his mistake, but she assures him that she's fine and just needs to change her clothes.

In the castle, Rosaline starts to take her clothes off and mutters that she seems to use the dressing room often. A knock on the door comes and thinking it's the maid with a new set of clothes, she tells them to enter. But instead of the maid, it's Kyle. Startled, she tries to cover herself since she's only in her undergarments. Kyle apologizes for surprising her and asks about her arm. She replies that it's fine and asks him to leave. But he strides over and grabs her wrist to inspect her injury. A maid comes in with some ice and Kyle holds it on her arm. His actions remind her of a time he took care of her when she was sick and force fed her water.

Rosaline takes the opportunity to ask him why he tricked her. Her mother never told him about Leo. Kyle bitterly replies that he had no choice because she wouldn't tell him the truth.

"I'm sorry, but I couldn't help it either. If I hadn't done this, you weren't planning on keeping it from me forever, were you?... Enough to hide the existence of my son. Or to the extent that a woman who can't lie like you is forced to lie."

Didn't really understand the next part of the dialog, but he asks if she hated it. I think referring to the fact that he tricked her, and she says she didn't like it, it was embarrassing. Then he tells her he missed her. He starts treating her wound again and says not to always say it's ok when she's really in pain. It's a bad habit of hers. Rosaline says she'll show it to the doctor and then pulls her hand away and flees the room still in her chemise. After she leaves, Kyle continues standing there and feels an erection coming on at the feel of her touch. He thinks he's like a beast, both in the past and now, and can't figure out why he can't control himself in front of her.

Rosaline goes back out to the garden with Leo after she changes, and Kyle comes back out shortly. She recalls what he said in the room and how she ran away in embarrassment. It reminded her of a few words of comfort he once told her in the past (I think when they first met at the masquerade). Back then, she liked him so much, she had no pride.

Leo interjects and asks her and Kyle to go for a walk. Rosaline thinks she has to tell him that Kyle is his father, but she doesn't know how.

The trio walk in the garden together, and Leo asks what the various trees and plants are. Kyle tells him the different names, and Rosaline thinks again that Kyle takes good care of Leo. Leo starts to run towards one of the rose bushes to take a closer look and trips over a stone. Kyle catches him before he hits the ground. Rosaline is about to scold him in frustration, but Leo suddenly says "I wish you were my dad." Kyle and Rosaline both freeze, not knowing how to respond, but then Rosaline finally tells the truth and says Kyle is his father. Leo is astounded and confused at first and asks if he's really his dad. Kyle replies yes, and Leo keeps asking really, really? He breaks down in tears and cries how long he's waited and how envious he was. Rosaline hugs him and apologizes for not telling him sooner. Kyle says he was going to tell him after they got to know each other better. He didn't say it sooner because he was worried Leo would hate him. Leo again asks really? And Kyle replies he can call him dad instead of uncle now. Leo says do I have a father now? And mutters dad with some awkwardness as if he was unfamiliar with the word. He asks Kyle what he can do with a father, and Kyle says anything.

Rosaline lets him go, and Leo excitedly walks to Kyle. Rosaline thinks that as a child, she wished she didn't have a father. Her belief that Leo didn't need a father was a reflection of that, so she thought Leo would think the same as her. But now she realized she was wrong, and her decision may have been a misjudgement swayed by emotions. She could see that Kyle was a good father to Leo, even if he was a bad husband. She feels sorry for almost taking Leo's father from him.

Leo calls her over and says he wants to walk hand in hand with his mom and dad. Rosaline and Kyle each grab a hand and continue walking through the garden. She realizes she's walking side-by-side with Kyle and wonders how it happened. Leo asks to eat some fruit from a tree, and Kyle picks some for both him and Rosaline. Kyle tells her he called for the doctor, so she should see him before she goes back. Rosaline is embarrassed and thanks him for caring but says there's no need. Kyle replies that he does it because he cares and reminds her to go while worriedly staring at her wound.

2. cuppa.jo

Reading List:
    Link
    The trio walk in the garden together, and Leo asks what the various trees and plants are. Kyle tells him the different names, and Rosaline thinks again that Kyle takes good care of Leo. Leo starts to run towards one of the rose bushes to take a closer look and trips over a stone. Kyle catches him before he hits the ground. Rosaline is about to scold him in frustration, but Leo suddenly says "I wish you were my dad." Kyle and Rosaline both freeze, not knowing how to respond, but then Rosaline finally tells the truth and says Kyle is his father. Leo is astounded and confused at first and asks if he's really his dad. Kyle replies yes, and Leo keeps asking really, really? He breaks down in tears and cries how long he's waited and how envious he was. Rosaline hugs him and apologizes for not telling him sooner. Kyle says he was going to tell him after they got to know each other better. He didn't say it sooner because he was worried Leo would hate him. Leo again asks really? And Kyle replies he can call him dad instead of uncle now. Leo says do I have a father now? And mutters dad with some awkwardness as if he was unfamiliar with the word. He asks Kyle what he can do with a father, and Kyle says anything.

Rosaline lets him go, and Leo excitedly walks to Kyle. Rosaline thinks that as a child, she wished she didn't have a father. Her belief that Leo didn't need a father was a reflection of that, so she thought Leo would think the same as her. But now she realized she was wrong, and her decision may have been a misjudgement swayed by emotions. She could see that Kyle was a good father to Leo, even if he was a bad husband. She feels sorry for almost taking Leo's father from him.

Leo calls her over and says he wants to walk hand in hand with his mom and dad. Rosaline and Kyle each grab a hand and continue walking through the garden. She realizes she's walking side-by-side with Kyle and wonders how it happened. Leo asks to eat some fruit from a tree, and Kyle picks some for both him and Rosaline. Kyle tells her he called for the doctor, so she should see him before she goes back. Rosaline is embarrassed and thanks him for caring but says there's no need.

Kyle sends a letter to Rosaline saying he will be busy with work, so it may be a bit difficult to see Leo. After telling Leo, he asks if they can bring some berries to the duke's estate that he picked himself. They head to the duke's, and once they arrive, they're greeted by Isis, the maid that took care of Rosaline before she left. Isis comments that he seems to like trees like his mother.

Rosaline asks how she knew she liked trees, meanwhile realizing that there seem to be a lot more trees on the estate than there were before. Isis responds that after she left, Kyle started drinking a lot for several months and then one day, he started planting trees himself. Rosaline didn't think anything would change for Kyle after she left, so she's surprised to hear that his life was so disorganized. Then she wonders how Kyle knew she liked trees.

Isis asks her to sit for a cup of tea before they go back. While her and Leo are enjoying tea and sweets, Olivia (Kyle's cousin she thought he cheated with) suddenly appears and screams at Rosaline, asking why she's there.

3. november27

november27 Happy, free, confuse and lonely in the best way

Reading List:
    Link
    Here comes troubles o_O
    Thanks a lot:love:

raisha lionel likes this.
  4. cuppa.jo

Reading List:
    Link
    Olivia begins yelling at Rosaline, asking why she's there and why she keeps hovering around her "brother". She grabs her by the shoulder and starts shaking her wildly. She starts crying and says she thought Kyle would accept her after Rosaline was gone. Leo tries to protect Rosaline and yells at Olivia not to be mean to his mom, and Olivia shoves him. Rosaline, who had been mostly silent up to this point, is furious and dumps a cup of cold water on her head.

"I can tolerate being angry with me, but I can't stand it on my child. No matter how angry you are, there are things you can do and things you can't do."

"Don't you know how I feel? Do you know my heart?"

"I didn't want to know, and I had no reason to know in the first place... Above all, I'm nothing with him (kyle) now. So please leave me alone and do what you two want."

After their exchange, Rosaline returns home with Leo. On the way back, Rosaline is crying. She scolds herself for not being stronger and being hurt by Olivia's words again. Leo tells her not to cry. At some point (I'mguessing later that day), back at home, Kyle comes to visit. Rosaline doesn't want to see him and sends Leo to greet him. However, Kyle comes directly to her room. He says there was a misunderstanding. Rosaline replies that he doesn't need to explain because there's nothing between them but Leo.

Kyle keeps pushing her and finally, she accuses him of telling her he was working again when he actually brought Olivia home just like before. Kyle is taken aback and says Olivia is like a little sister. Rosaline asks if he does things like that with his sister and then tells him that back then, she saw the two of them together going into an inn and neither of them came home that night.

Kyle insists that him and Olivia are like brother and sister, nothing more, nothing less. He explains that he was an adopted child, and it was his adopted father's wish that he treat Olivia well because he adored her. Kyle felt he couldn't refuse out of gratitude. He claims that while exploring the city with Oliva, she hurt her leg as they were passing the inn. He admits he helped her inside and called a doctor, but nothing happened between them. Olivia confessed her love for him at the inn, but he immediately refused and then left for the imperial palace right after. He didn't even enter her room.

Rosaline asks how she could believe that. Kyle explains that there's a journal entry logged every time he enters the palace, and he'll go to check it himself if he has to. She replies that there's no need because she doesn't want to have to do that to trust him. Kyle laughs and says that all this time, she must have thought he was trash doing something like that with his relatives (ur still trash regardless bruh). He promises that he never embraced any other women during their marriage. In front of Rosaline, he always lost control. Even after long days of work at the palace, he wanted her.

(Not sure if he actually says this part out loud...lol). She wasn't terribly seductive either. She would just lie neatly, as always, but I wanted to take that body and have it. I wanted to force a moan out of her mouth and shove myself into her. Like a thirst that wouldn't go away, no matter how much I drank and drank, it was not enough to hold her again and again.

"Rosaline, it's always been like that when I see you. It still is."

He goes on to say that he heard everything from Isis. He argued with Olivia and sent her home. This was the first time she visited since Rosaline left, and he went to the palace to avoid her. Rosaline says he does t need to explain anymore, and when he apologizes, she says she doesn't want an apology. On the verge of tears, Rosaline sends him out and says they'll talk later.

Although she said she didn't care about the journal Kyle mentioned, she goes to check it herself anyway. She finds that he was telling the truth but it doesn't bring her comfort and actually makes her feel more resentful.

Back at home, Baron Albert comes to visit. He brings her flowers, and she thinks this may be the first time she was given flowers since she was young.

5. nurul amelia

nurul amelia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Love and hate
    Yes, Kyle should try harder to convince Rosaline again because of her behavior in the past.

Bunniesandboba and Tmicharie like this.
  6. cuppa.jo

Reading List:
    Link
    Rosaline tells Albert that Kyle found out everything, but fortunately, he's a good father to Leo. Albert says he also wants to help out with her father's murder investigation. He knows someone at the palace who can help. Rosaline asks why he's doing so much for her, and he confesses his feelings. Rosaline is speechless, but she had long guessed that his feelings towards her were more than friendship. She tells him she only thinks of him as a friend.

At Kyle's castle, Rosaline is telling Leo a bed time story with a dragon and a princess. He falls asleep before it ends, but Kyle asked what happened. She replies that in the end, the princess stabs the dragon and runs away, leaving the dragon alone to regret for the rest of its life. She says she doesn't want to talk to him anymore and once Leo wakes up, she'll go. Kyle tries to apologize again. Rosaline asks if he's apologizing about Olivia again and replies that it's not his fault that she pushed Leo, and it was her own misunderstanding what happened back then.

"But I mean, that's what I thought. If I had asked about it back then, it wouldn't have been this hard for so long. But four years ago, I couldn't ask. I was scared. It's scary to hear the truth, so can I ask you if I'm nothing? That was the most scary and terrifying thing."

He apologizes again for hurting her, but she thinks that she didn't just leave him because of Olivia. If they had been a normal married couple, they could have resolved their misunderstandings. She realized that the problem wasn't with Olivia or her infertility. The problem was "us".

Kyle continues groveling. "But even knowing that, I can't let you go until the end. I can't do it without you now. Looking back, in the beginning, just looking at you made me angry, nervous, stuffy, annoyed. It was only after you left that I knew it was called love. Rosaline... I realized it too late."

He asks her if she can hate him by his side. It was ok if she didn't love him like before. He didn't dare ask for her love. He wants the three of them to live together, and he would spend the rest of his life with a heart of atonement.

Rosaline replies that she always felt abandoned, even on the nights they embraced each other. All she had left was the facade of the duchess. And now she needs time to get used to all the changes. He implores again if she can adapt by his side. They didn't have to live as a couple again, but as a family of three with Leo. He tells her to take time to think it over. She says she doesn't know if thinking about it will make a difference and then walks away.

Kyle sent beautiful clothes and accessories to Rosaline again, but she refuses to wear them. She doesn't want to feel anymore indebted to him. In the past, she wanted to look pretty for him and purposely chose dresses that were flashier and more revealing than she liked. Now she just wears modest dresses. They're back at Kyle's estate, and Leo is running around playing. Kyle stares at her and remarks that she never wears the clothes he gave her. She replies "I don't have to look pretty anymore." In response, Kyle mutters "even if you don't want to look pretty, you're beautiful... whatever you do, no matter what you do." He walks up to her and caresses her cheek. She asks why he's staring and he says "it's exciting."

He thinks to himself that she always had a pretty face in his dreams. During their marriage, she would always show him a calm smile, but he turned his back to her. But now, it seemed so easy for her to turn her back on him. Touching her cheek now makes him realize it isn't a dream. When she asks what he's excited about, he replies "that now is reality... and I'm happy." Rosaline just furrows her brows and doesn't respond, and then leo intersects to say he's hungry. He takes turns feeding Rosaline and then Kyle, and then tells them to feed each other. Kyle tries to feed her, but she just turns her head away in embarrassment. Leo just continues eating.

At some point later, Rosaline visits Albert's relatives' house for dinner. She meets his relative Selina, and they get along well. Sevina says that Albert has told her a lot about her and how beautiful she is. Her and Albert are both kind and warm without the pretense of nobles. As they're eating, Albert says he has something to tell her once they're done.

7. Bunniesandboba

Bunniesandboba Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you so much for the summaries
    I really hate Kyla as a husband to Rosaline but I'm glad he's not a garbage father. I love Rosaline but I hate that the author probably made her and Kyle endgame

cuppa.jo and xpeanut like this.
  8. xpeanut

xpeanut Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So Albert is now friend zoned? Does Kyle even have a valid excuse for sexually objectifying her and treating her like trash when they were married? Not a fan of characters like him getting a second chance. It seems like he genuinely fucked up. I wish she'd just move on and find someone better. :facepalm:

9. podojoaa

podojoaa reading romance novels to escape from lawyering ♡

Reading List:
    Link
    I think later towards the end of the story, a justification for why he hates Rosalind comes up. Basically, her dad sold Kyle’s villagers up for slavery. I think Kyle was only sparred because he was adopted by the duchy.

There are no excuses as to why he sexually objectified her and treated her like a sex toy though.
    do not trust Albert

10. Bunniesandboba

Reading List:
    Link
    I think Kyle's explanation is in the first ten chapters translated by mystical merries (not completely sure)

11. podojoaa

podojoaa reading romance novels to escape from lawyering ♡

Reading List:
    Link
    Oooh, maybe! All the novels I’ve read are slowly blending in together.

I thought that his justification for hating her at the beginning of the novel was because her dad is greedy.

Bunniesandboba likes this.
  12. Bunniesandboba

Reading List:
    Link
    Part of my blending issue is that I've been reading spoilers lol
    But I do think Kyle's explanation is mentioned when Rosaline visits her parents in the first 10 chapters or when he's thinking about her because I remember it fairly well like I read it vs read an amazing cuppa.jo summary

xpeanut, podojoaa and cuppa.jo like this.
  13. cuppa.jo

Reading List:
    Link
    After dinner, Albert says he has information on her father's case. It's been harder than expected, and he thinks a high ranking official may be blocking the investigation. The official investigation being handled by the emperor was still underway, but the only evidence they found was a torn piece of the perp's clothes. He also noted that it was strange because the men guarding the door were also attacked, but they survived because no vital points were hit. Her father, however, was stabbed at a precise vital point. He believes the person who did it was a skilled swordsman because they purposely left the others alive, and the assailant may have had a personal grudge against her father.

Rosaline feels guilty again about her father's death and thinks she didn't do anything right for him (don't waste your sympathy on that trash ). Albert goes on to say that he found something unexpected while investigating people related her father, and one of those people is Kyle. He hesitates to tell her, but Rosaline presses him to continue. He says that before the Duke was adopted, he lived a difficult life on the marquis' estate. The villagers were sold into slavery for nonsensical reasons, such as not offering a virgin as tribute. Eventually, all of the villagers were sold into slavery, except Kyle, who was then adopted by the former Duke.

Rosaline is very distraught by this news and how terrible her father truly was. She always thought Kyle hated her for no real reason, but now it all makes sense. She thinks how she must have looked to him all this time and what kind of wife she was to him and feels like her heart is being trampled. She never asked about his past even though she was curious because she thought he would tell her himself when he was ready. She stands up but then staggers and falls and begins to cry while Albert reaches out to support her.

Back at home, Rosaline is still struggling with the news about her father. Even though she didn't know and was a victim herself, she wonders if she can be forgiven for her father's sins since she also lived off his accomplishments. She doesn't know what to think because she always thought of herself as the victim. Thinking of Kyle, she doesn't know how to look at him. She feels ashamed and wonders if she can ask for forgiveness. Even though he was a bad husband to her, maybe she was a terrible wife.

As she's crying, Leo comes in and asks if they can see Kyle. Rosaline thinks that everything has become so complicated now. She tries to tell him they'll visit later, but he insists, and she asks the nanny, Anna, to go with him instead. She writes a letter for Kyle, but she's so shaken that she has to have a maid write it while she narrates. In the letter, she says that she thought about what he said before, and she thinks it will be a bit difficult for the 3 of them to live together. For the time being, she'll send Anna with Leo. Leo asks why she won't come, and she thinks to herself that it's because she's scared. She's afraid of how he'll look at her, and she doesn't know how to face him.

At Kyle's, Leo has already come and gone, and he's drinking by himself after receiving Rosaline's letter. His butler Walter warns him that he's drinking too much, and he replies that he can't sleep. To him, her letter makes him feel like she's leaving him again. He thinks back to the first time she left. He used to drink like this, and then started planting trees instead. After 4 years, he learned that alcohol wouldn't solve anything, but he still had days like this where he couldn't help himself. He fills up his glass again and downs the whole thing when Walter steps forward to stop him.

When he finally met her again, it gave him a sense of relief, and he felt that he was so lucky, but now... Walter is worried about him since he hadn't seen him so disheartened and broken for a long time. Suddenly, Kyle looks at him and says "Rosaline...I need to go see Rosaline. I want to see her. I'm afraid I'll never see her again."

His backstory is revealed in the summary I just posted, but agreed, he had no reason to treat her the way he did. Even if he hated her because of her father, you can dislike your wife but still be respectful. He's just a horny ahole. And I know she has low self-worth and all because of her trashy dad and husband, but it's frustrating that she still feels sympathy for her father, and also doesn't think she's worthy of Kyle's forgiveness because of her father's sins. Ugh. Her attitude changes so much, it gives me whiplash.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2021
  14. nurul amelia

nurul amelia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Why can't Albert be trusted? Will there be a plot twist?

xpeanut likes this.
  15. cuppa.jo

Reading List:
    Link
    I haven't gotten that far yet, but in the next couple chapters, it kind of seems like he's trying to frame Kyle for Rosaline's dad's murder. Or at least intentionally put the thought in her mind that he might be behind it.

16. xpeanut

xpeanut Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you so much for the spoilers.

cuppa.jo likes this.
  17. cuppa.jo

Reading List:
    Link
    Rosaline is tucking Leo into bed when a maid comes in to tell her the Duke has come. She tells her to send him away, but she comes back to say he asked again. She's about to tell her to send him away again when she realizes that it's raining heavily. She tells the maid to prepare a room for him and then goes out to meet Kyle standing alone in the rain in the garden. Seeing him, she starts tearing up, but she's not sure if it's because of her bad relationship with him or pity over his childhood.

She tries to hand him an umbrella, but instead of taking it, he grabs her wrist and pulls her into his arms, letting the umbrella fall to the ground. She smells the alcohol on him and asks if he's been drinking. He ignores that and says instead that she can hate him, and he doesn't care what she asks of him, whether it's property or position. He's willing to do anything as long as she doesn't leave him again.

"I will live by your side for the rest of my life, making atonement. I'm a bad man for you, so I'll be selfish until the end. I will not let you go at any cost." Rosaline doesn't know how to respond, and they just stand in the rain as he begs her not to go.

Back inside, Kyle is sleeping on the bed while Rosaline watches. She thinks back on his words and wonders why he's doing this because of her. She didn't understand him when they first married, and she still doesn't understand him now. He was a bad man to her, but she wasn't happy knowing that he had led a difficult life. He had always been a man as cold as ice and hard as stone in her eyes, so she never thought he could be in pain. But now he looks sick, all because of her. At first she loved it, then hated it, but now she doesn't know what to feel. But she doesn't like that he's having a hard time and had a hard life. Being sick doesn't suit him. She caresses his face and says that he shouldn't be sick so she won't feel any sympathy.

A maid knocks on the door to announce that Kyle's butler, Walter, came by. He was worried about the Duke who left in heavy rain after drinking. Walter says the Duke drank like this a lot after she left, and it seems he would do anything now to get her back. He wandered around looking for her and even went to the marquis' funeral because he thought she would come. She can't help but be a little touched by his earnestness to come to the funeral of the man he hated. But suddenly, she recalls what Albert said, that her father may have been targeted out of resentment, and that a high ranking aristocrat seemed to be blocking the investigation.

Rosaline goes out to the market before Kyle wakes up. She meets a man and pays him to investigate someone (Kyle). Then she heads to Albert's house. She asks him if he made any progress in the investigation. There's no new news, and he just repeats that he believes it's a crime of resentment. Rosaline had tried to put a list together of people who may have had a grudge against her father, but nothing is clear. Suddenly, someone specific comes to mind, but she shakes her head. Seeing her expression, Albert asks if she has someone in mind. At first, she denies it, but then hesitates if she should tell him. He says she doesn't need to tell him, but she should tell the investigator, just in case.

Lost in thought, she accidentally splashes tea on him. Albert goes to change. Worried about Albert, she knocks on the door he entered and thinking it's the maid, he tells her to come in. However, when she opens the door, he's standing there shirtless.

Rosaline blushes but checks his arm anyway. There's a white cloth wrapped around his forearm with several layers of padding. She comments that it seems he's already been treated. Albert confirms he's fine and blushes as he buttons his shirt.

After leaving Albert's, Rosaline returns to the man at the market. He tells her that Kyle was originay the son of an aristocratic family, but after his parent's died, he was raised by the villagers. After that, the Duke adopted him. Seeing that Roaaline isn't surprised, he continues. When the Duke was young, he would have angry outbursts, saying he wouldn't let go or that he would kill him. Eventually his adoptive father quenched that hatred. Rosaline asks who he wanted to kill, and he replies the man who made him like that. He also mentions that not long ago, he was searching for a woman all over the place, and there was said to be a big reward. She had to be found no matter the means or methods.

Afterwards, Rosaline returns home and has a dream about her father. In the dream, she's a young girl again, and he's yelling at her, calling her useless. But then as he raises his hand to hit her, he becomes a frail man and asks if she'll kill him. If she'll let him die like this. She looks down again and now she's grown. Her father calls out to her and she wakes up. Beside her, Leo wakes up to ask her what's wrong. They usually sleep separately, but lately, she's kept him close. She's been having this dream a lot lately, and she's frustrated because it feels like she's the assailant in her dream, but she was always his victim.

The next day, she visits the imperial investigation unit with Anna. Only nobles are allowed in, so Anna has to wait outside. She tells her she'll stop by the market. Rosaline goes inside.

18. cuppa.jo

Reading List:
    Link
    After Rosaline leaves the investigation unit without much progress, she goes to look for Anna. After wandering for a while, she finds her pouch on the ground. As she's calling and searching for Anna, Rosaline finds herself in a remote part of town. Suddenly, someone covered her mouth with cloth from behind. She feels a knife on her neck just before passing out.

When she wakes up, she comes face to face with Albert. He pulls the cloth from her mouth and when she tentatively calls his name, he tells her his real name is Jade. She tries to ask him why he's doing this and what happened to Anna, but he tells her to worry about her own safety first. He says he's not going to kill her right now, but he'll take her somewhere no one knows about. He forged a letter from her accusing Kyle of killing her father and also claiming that she wanted to run away with her true love, Albert, and start a new life with him.

Rosaline looks at him and says he was the one who killed her father. Albert admits it freely. Killing the father and taking his daughter was the perfect revenge. He says he initially approached her with the intention of killing her but changed his mind. He doesn't think it would be bad to live with her, who was affectionate despite her garbage father. Mentioning her father reminds Rosaline of Leo. She's more scared of leaving Leo behind than of what might happen to her. She's determined to get back to him.

She tells him his plan to frame Kyle won't work. When she asked the man at the market to investigate Kyle, she also had him investigate Albert. It was surprisingly difficult to find information on him. A knock on the door interrupts their convo, and a man in a black mask entered and whispered something to Albert.

The man appears to have reported bad news because Albert asks Rosaline how she knew. She replies that he was suspicious because she never told him her father was stabbed multiple times, and that info was never made public. Then she tells him when she spilled tea on him, it was on purpose. She figured since it was a physical fight, there might have been a wound because the assailant's clothes were torn. When she came in the room, she noticed the bandage on his arm that seemed too much for a slight burn, and there was no water or ice in the room to treat the burn. Albert doesn't deny it but asks if she has proof other than circumstantial evidence. She replies that his torn clothes will be the evidence, as they were a unique color. They were made by his mother who passed away, so it's unlikely he would throw them away.

Albert laughs and says he thought she was a complete idiot, but she's actually smarter than he thought. He continues to say that he doesn't dislike smart women, but he does when they know too much. He takes out a knife threateningly and tells her not to provoke him because he doesn't want to hurt her.

The man from earlier comes back and says all the soldiers are either dead or wounded, so it's time to leave. They tie her up again and bring her outside. She tries to look around to get a clue where they are, but the man yells at her and shoves her to the ground. Albert picks her up from the ground then the man drags her outside to a carriage.