LCD Night Ranger

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by jacobpaige, Nov 15, 2017.

1. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That didn't really sound like much of a challenge for him, unless they're all second rank. Though, even if they are, I don't know that it would be that hard so long as he could pick them off one at a time, or simply fill their base with lethal gas.

2. Prodigy

Prodigy Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I wish he didn't rely on the headmaster and just fought his way out of the trial instead.

3. Slightly Canted

Slightly Canted Grey Warden

Reading List:
    Link
    Poison. Smart. I like it.

Would have liked for him kill them in a huge melee scuffle more, but he is an assassin and not a melee warrior. So, poison fits.

4. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    Kind of silly how the translator can't even access the original intended content pre-censorship though, they should be able to communicate with the author if they're the 'same company'. (shake-hand rule lol).

5. gary0044187

gary0044187 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    meh, I am just annoyed to see that people are still posting updates to the site, yet we can't access them...

6. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    It works again now. Such timing, right after the NU issue.

7. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    So...why didn't he just follow one or more of them back to the hideout to ID the other two members? As it stands, he could bump right into either of them and he wouldn't know it until he noticed the dagger they'd just placed in his heart.

8. gary0044187

gary0044187 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    or the arrow flying at his head? who knows.

9. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    When he charged forward, why didn't the archer shoot him? It didn't sound like he did any evasive maneuvers at all, and it would have created an opportunity right at the start for Wolf even if he dodged it.

10. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Rather than just charging her, he should have pretended to run away. Once he was out of sight of her, he could have used the rope to get on a roof very quickly and then chased her across the roof tops. At the very least, the roofs would provide him with a degree of cover should she notice and start shooting at him.

If he didn't want to do that, then he could have combined the use of the rope with his Anti-Gravity Steps to get to the roof quickly while she could still see him and then charged her. She'd still have used the Moving Shot thing, but he'd have had other options for dodging it, like dropping off the building to block her shot and using the rope Spiderman style to keep approaching her.

If he didn't like that either, then he could simply have grabbed the corpse and used it as a shield as he charged her. I'm pretty sure his strength is high enough for it.

11. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    Should've kept the guy alive and used him as a hostage if he could. Also , didn't he have the ability to sub-class that's still unused? Imagine if he died in this setting because he didn't want to use it yet. Seriously, his life depends on these fights it's not a game anymore but he still acts like it is.

12. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm not sure that first one would have worked given the level difference and the way he's distributed his stats.

As for the subclass, maybe the one he wants isn't available in that area? I don't think you can change your mind after accepting a class, so it's basically a calculate risk to avoid getting the second class until he can get the one he wants.

13. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    True, but too large an appetite could get him killed. Maximizing is very game-ish, when a single loss means death you might need to just go for what's necessary in the here and now.
    Still, the way he mentioned it at the time was like meh, i'll consider it later on, it didn't sound as though he had something good in mind.
    I'm assuming we'll get to see the whole castle basement/numan secret first before he takes a second class.

gary0044187 likes this.
  14. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, it'll probably give him a super special unique hidden ultra ultimate hidden mage class of some sort.

As for the gamey thing, yeah, he definitely still thinks of it as a game on some level. His actions and attitude really don't make sense otherwise. But I don't think a second class would have helped him here as much as a minimum level of caution would have.

gary0044187 likes this.
  15. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    For someone who was a total coward and only had pain set to 1%, he seems to be awfully cavalier about taking injuries.

gary0044187 likes this.
  16. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    A secondary class might've added additional physical stats, more skills for awareness and various things, he could've prevented being trapped to begin with, being slightly stronger would've allowed him to hold the guy hostage or prevented him from getting shot at that point. Might've prevented his ankles from having to break later on etc.
    It's kind of unclear at this point what a second class gives, or even a primary one at this point. Did he get stronger instantly when accepting the ranger class? (which is still very game-ish) , i know his leveling of the class, after putting the experience in it did instantly empower him quite a bit. His sub would've had no exp penalties so it'd be easy to make it level 2 or 3 by now.
    It probably would've been minor increases but his body is supposedly pretty weak at the moment anyway.

But yes, obviously in the terms or reading it wouldn't have been cool enough so we can't have that. :blobastonished:

17. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I dunno know. I've always thought intelligent MC's who think ahead are cool. It's honestly what I hope for most in these future knowledge series. I really don't understand why so many of them rely on luck and the Rule of Cool instead of exploiting their unique advantage. It's not like there aren't tons of series out there that have done extremely well by having intelligent MCs.

As for new classes, I think they just give access to new skills and grant attributes every so many levels.

18. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    [When he successfully became a ranger, his HP increased by 11 points, he received a free attribute point, and he started with 96 skill points. His character window also changed:

Attribute points were very valuable; besides the one available at level 1, he could only get 1 every 2 levels. His 96 skill points were also spent quickly. ]

[
    He quickly distributed 50 exp to his ranger class and a warm feeling suddenly spread through his body. He became a level 2 ranger.

Following the level-up, his HP increased by 13 points, reaching a total of 50HP. His Skill Points were increased by 24 while his free attribute points stayed the same. He would only get a precious free attribute point every two class levels.]

So in short, he'd gain initial increases to his strength, even though minor (some health, one attribute point.) he'd also gain skill points (not sure if these are limited to the class they came with or can cross-over) So if he got a sub to level 3 he'd have 2 attribute points to put into his constitution and not have to break his ankles.

11-13 points of health per level of sub would be at least 33-40 health total afterwards, assuming sub adds the same as main one.

So he could've had 40 more health, 2 more attribute points, and like 144 skill points which may or may not be limited to skills that came with his sub. But what if the sub overlaps with the main class? Like 'Thief' or similar classes (although endgame wise might not be too useful).

19. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    Why should I read this? Your previous recommendations have been good

20. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    It really just depends on what kinds of series you like. If you're into "transported to a game world" novels that mostly operate on excessive luck and Rule of Cool, then it's a pretty decent series.

The MC isn't instantly OP, nor is he a total loner that's completely unwilling to interact with others. It's pretty clear he'll definitely become a god at some point, and probably kill almost all the other gods while he's at it though. So the OP is definitely coming. It's also very unlikely that any of the side characters will ever do anything particularly important without the MC telling them to do it, so I expect most of his companions to be little more than cheerleaders, pawns and/or burdens during their rare appearances.

It's probably also a good idea to give up on expecting quality villains. We haven't hit chapter 100, so there's still a chance they'll appear, but so far, they haven't had any depth at all.

Wujigege likes this.