LCD Night Ranger

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by jacobpaige, Nov 15, 2017.

1. gary0044187

gary0044187 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    no time for hoes he has people to save.

2. NeurogamiPrime

NeurogamiPrime Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Welp there is the Loli member to the eventual Harem. also "DIAMOND IS UNBREAKABLE"
    assassin Xiu: "My assassination skills HAVE no weakness"

3. gary0044187

Reading List:
    Link
    negative, half legend is 20th level, legend is past it.

4. gary0044187

Reading List:
    Link
    assassin xiu is going to be the shortest lasting npc so far.

KidBuu likes this.
  5. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    Drow Matriarch seems to be a fan of spit-roasting. :blob_coughblood:

6. Slightly Canted

Slightly Canted Grey Warden

Reading List:
    Link
    I was told long ago that Night Ranger was heavily based on Dungeons and Dragons mythology. That might be partly true, but I find that it is based more "Forgotten Realms" mythology. Both of which could be intertwined.

I've read a couple (definitely not many) of Forgotten Realms books and I think this story is hands down way more interesting that any of them.

7. Sleepy Deer

Sleepy Deer Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Forgotten realms is a campaign setting for dungeons and dragons. I don't know much about the different mythos, so I can't say if the story is heavily based on this one over any other.

Slightly Canted likes this.
  8. Slightly Canted

Slightly Canted Grey Warden

Reading List:
    Link
    Anyone here know that the name of the other book the translator so carefully chose not to tell us is?

9. KidBuu

KidBuu Embrace Darkness

Reading List:
    Link
    This whole black dragon fight scene is just killing me on this novel. Marvin has gone from being sickly in his death bed to being able to fight a black dragon who is the song of an ancient god in what around two months? How much plot armor is the author going to throw into this novel in order to protect Marvin? First the loli is so in love with mc that she makes a terrible deal to get him to help her and the city by giving him something to strengthen his blood line and promising that special fire to him. Her power is supposed to be that she is extremely smart and calculating and she is just throwing these things at him! I know of hero worship but with her ability I think that amount of reward is overkill.

But wait lets look at the move he got from it which was a legendary Monk move. How the hell do you explain giving a monk move to a shapeshifter? All of his other moves can be pointed towards the druid tree and now just because his bloodline is very powerful its branching out to the other skill lines.

And finally it took four legends to fight off that Red dragon and now we have a black dragon who is the son of a dragon god who is defeated within 40 seconds by Marvin alone. Oh wait lets not forget that the god also sent a projection to join the fight as well which was killed in one hit. Even with that black dragon and the god projection he was able kill one and then was able to catch a dragon flying away in the air and tear him to pieces all in 40 seconds.

Personally I can't wait to see what kind of plot armor our hero can equip when the magic pool gets broken and that black dragon god of destruction comes to get his revenge.

Nepuko likes this.
  10. Cataporozo

Cataporozo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    MC will propably be a god at the rate things are going, lol

11. Eternalce1

Eternalce1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yey a pet

12. Vincent1873

Vincent1873 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It certainly feels like it should have been longer than 2 months but I haven't been counting days.

That's like saying how do you give a bear move like the [roar] to a shapeshifter. His class is Shapeshift Sorcerer. The class specialty is [Boundless Shapeshifting]. His third form is [Boundless Shapeshifting – Diamond-shape]. A specialty ability of the Diamond form is the [Unbreakable Diamond] effect. This is perfectly logical to me. A trains their body to the point of being like a diamond and gets the [Unbreakable Diamond] skill. Martin turns into a diamond and gets something similar.

I don't see how you can even comment about this. Did you not see his fiancee's favorite form? She turns into an ice angel and massively boosts the power of her magic. His second form is a shadow. How is that pointed towards the druid tree anymore than diamond? I would say that the Ranger spells are certainly pointed towards the Druid tree but not necessarily the Shapeshift Sorcerer skills.

It took four(five with Ivan) legends to fight off an Ancient Red Dragon. Ancient being the key word. That dragon is probably around the same level as the Legend Monk with the void boots. Maybe a bit weaker. A normal red dragon was seriously injured by a weakened Ivan. I feel that black dragon, while an adult, is relatively young and so hasn't reached its potential. So basically the Ivan version of dragons. So it was probably around the Monk's strength as well once the guy version came out.

Then you need to look at the oldest sister. With the 6th layer fate power she's probably stronger than that Monk. She's a legend level magic user and her physical strength is just as powerful. She let Marvin borrow that power. Marvin was in the diamond form which massively boosts his physical attributes to near Legend Monk levels, then you add the 6th layer fate power on top of that, and then you add the Night Walker abilities(+10% at night and +6% to power and speed) on top of that and it's not the slightest bit surprising that he could beat the dragon so quickly.
    I have a feeling that's not going to be an issue. 1. The dragon doesn't know his real identity. 2. He can hide from divine sight with the legendary item he got. But let's say he can feel his own divine power to track him down. 3. That's forever away to the MC. It's been a few months since he came to the world. He's already pretty close to reaching legend rank. Even after the well is destroyed the gods spent 6 months dealing with the abyss monster. Him being able to fight the guy by the time he's found isn't surprising. 4. Marvin has a lot of legends hanging around his territory. It's often said that the force he can gather is strong enough to fight a god.

13. KidBuu

KidBuu Embrace Darkness

Reading List:
    Link
    Alright first off my the unbreakable diamond was not the problem with the shapeshifting but the Diamond shape to begin with. I want you to think about shapeshifting in the fantasy world and one common thing about the class is that the transformed creature is usually a creature in the world. For your shadow and ice angel comment there is usually shadelings or other types of shadow creatures in fantasy writings and ice angel just sounds like a monster, or heavenly being(?), in the game. On the other hand diamond shape does not give us a creature backing but instantly just start talking about being associated with monks. Shapeshifting is not a class that gives you other classes moves but a creature's form and abilities that exist in the lore of the world. Now lets say that there is diamond men or diamond golems in this world and the monks just copied them and if so then that form would be fine but there is no mention of that. Most likely the move is just quick plot armor and will be barely touched upon again like how the snake form was so useful against the knights in the lich dungeon but we never hear from it again.

For your dragon argument I completely disagree with you. First off how are you judging the age of this dragon? At no point in the story does the author say how old the black dragon is. All we know about the black dragon is that it has split personalities with a weaker female personality, who has been in charge for longer then the male could remember, and a much stronger male personality. That it is the divine child of the black dragon god of destruction, and that it has been living for an unknown amount of time and taking over the under dark to attack the surface in the chaos that is about to come. The father, the god, is supposed to be a powerful ancient god on the same standing as the plague god so it should be an upper leveled god and the child is supposed to have a large amount of his divinity. So unknown age divine black dragon vs an ancient Red Dragon, author does say that normally red dragons are stronger than black dragons but I think that the divinity, plus the divine spells that come with that, would make the black dragon stronger. Oh and also I'm not sure on this but I'm pretty sure the oldest sister was at the 5th level of fate during the fight because I think that it was mentioned that in the game trailer she was at 6th and then she kicked the dragons butt and I also don't really understand how a fate sorc could give there powers away and just get them back right after but you know what I am not an expert on the power of fate which is usually just another word for plot armor.

Finally your point on the Black Dragon God not being able to find Marvin I have one point and two questions. The point would be that all the Black Dragon has to do is attack Hope city or Marvin's territory to draw him out and I know you made the point about the legends protecting the city and together they could fight off a god but what if the gods team up? Its already been said that in the game the fate sorcs city fell because a group of gods teamed up and attacked the city at the same time so what is stopping that from happening again and especially if the Black dragon god is leading the charge for revenge. Also with the amount of enemies that Marvin is making in the gods it wouldn't surprise me if they team up to attack his own territory. In my opinion if Marvin was smart he would make some allies within the gods. It was mentioned that the Silver god, who is supposed to be a good one, dies in his sleep because the other gods do not wake him up when they attack the pool. Marvin should go wake him up and find the neutral gods like the moon goddess to make a stronger alliance. The last question is one that I have no clue on and that is can a god track you through the divinity that you possess? Marvin is holding the twin snake, black dragon, and glynos(shadow god) divinity so can the gods track there own divinity? By keeping those divinities would he be a pseudo high priest with connections to those gods or is the divinity completely cut away from the gods when he puts them into that object?

14. Vincent1873

Reading List:
    Link
    I'll give you the ice angel but shadow form is extremely similar to diamond form. There's no background given for either one. Well, other than the Numen backstory. Presumably these are abilities they gained from the archdevil. His bloodline having come from the archdevil he's able to use the ability.

I'm actually annoyed that he doesn't use the snake more often because it doubles the XP he gets. He was about to use it against the drake outside the city but was interrupted though.

The age is more of an impression of mine based on when it gave the impression that it was going to rapidly increase its strength once it took over the area. Now that I think about it that was probably due to the well being destroyed though. Plague god and dragon god are mid level gods. They're just ancient and so know some tricks. The sister was at the 5th fate level during the fight, but it upgraded when she gave it to Marvin because of the +5 luck. Without even comparing the dragons it's still consistent. Sister at 5th level fate could beat the dragon easily. Dragon upgraded and then the fate power upgraded so it should still be stronger. It certainly makes sense that the fate power upgrade is larger than upgrade of having your head cut off and the male side taking over. At any rate the sister gave the impression that she's able to fight multiple legends as well when she was smacking those challengers around.

Sure it's possible that the gods can team up to attack but they clearly don't all like each other so how big the group will be is questionable. Apparently there are several powers that were strong enough to not get destroyed and that's without Marvin weakening the gods first by attacking their secondary planes.

I believe it's implied that they can track you to a certain extent.
    It would explain how the Twin Snakes god is able to make an item that's able to periodically show Marvin's location.

15. EricBannen

EricBannen √[To Read or Not to Read]

Reading List:
    Link
    Daumn. Things are getting wayyy too interesting... I am unable to wait for next chapter....

16. Vincent1873

Reading List:
    Link
    I want to know why the dog conveniently only noticed his presence after his first attack.

17. EricBannen

Reading List:
    Link
    Damn even the mistakes are so well thought of and natural... Nobody could have predicted Glynos would take such action... And Hathaway I have so much respect for her ... Omg it's been such a long time since I have felt so good reading a book.. btw the Hellhound noticed him only when he decided to take action because it ignored him cuz he had the bracelet and any divine power was automatically attractive to it

18. EricBannen

Reading List:
    Link
    Now Gwen is gonna turn out to be a girl just like that in the story of Tales of Demons and Gods

19. Vincent1873

Reading List:
    Link
    Well this story has a history of pretty guys. Ivan, his father, and Gwen.
    It should have been considered as a possibility. It's not like he was afraid of Marvin and Marvin did just embarrass him.

20. EricBannen

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey don't ruin my fantasy of an unpredictable precedent of having the need to give a massage... Whereupon Marvin sees and undresses a heavily bandaged chest only to find two mountain peeks with a wonderful valley and two exquisite rubies declaring the ownership of their respective mountains :blobnosebleed::blobowoevil_horns::blobmelt::blobjoy:

elengee likes this.