Spoiler Nine Star Hegemon Body Art rant

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by fwlm, Feb 13, 2019.

1. fwlm

fwlm Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    First of all, before anyone asks why I still read this if I have so many complains, the reason is that I really like body strengthening cultivation, the ones that tempering the body actually makes one powerful and not like: "Wow, look at that, the MC is at the Foundation Realm and used so many resources that the top sects of the region would take hundreds of years to save and now is battling that elder of some-sect-out-there who is at the Golden Core and his physical body is on par with him!!!". When this happens I'm like: "Really man, this shit again?". Wtf people, if this is the result of using all those resources, it would be better if MC just focused on his Qi/Essense and he would be good to cultivate with these resources until he became the strongest in the word. Well, let this stop here if not I will talk about this until my hands bleed.

First thing I dislike and probably the thing I hate the most in this novel is that the MC is one of those of "gotta catch them all" types of MC, girls are popping everywhere and MC is 'flirting' with them the majority of chapters. I think there's nothing wrong with MC flirting with girls, but here if you cut the part he is flirting and doing his stupid jokes, the novel wouldn't have one-third of its content. All the beautiful girls are interested in him for no motive, i.e. one of the two beauties in the entrance exam of the monastery, the one that is 'cold' asked him to join her without any reason and now before entering the secret real another girl that is super amazing and don't pay anyone attention is 'interested' in him too, wtf. We too have the one old hag in Xiantian who have gone 'bully' their 108th monastery and we all know that If she was a beauty and not a 'pig' he would have found a way to 'win' her over too.

The second thing I dislike is the author excuse of dao-heart this and dao-heart that. It may be because I read some novels that were very philosophical with the dao-heart part, I was there and have seen how the MC dao-heart developed, which were born with certain choices and ideas and have become the MCs beliefs, morals and drive. In NSHBA it is thrown down your throat as something he has and you have to deal with it. MC can't kneel because it will destroy his dao-heart just because. What I can't stand is that all that is necessary for the monastery disciples form their dao-heart is one war, there are countless people who are lost, without a strong purpose or beliefs struggling in the word and they got their firm beliefs so easily.

The third is that I really don't like is MC personality, like when he was done refining pills for the core disciples he was about to become lazy and doing nothing, wth, what about the danger he was sensing, is it ok to become lazy just because you can't have a breakthrough????. Then there is the giant pill, he luckily refines it and doesn't know if Little White, which he treats like a brother, can handle it and the chances of it injuring or killing it is huge but he gives it to him anyway with little to no reluctance, like wtf, what a good brother you are.

Well, there is more but I'm already tired of typing this. Badmouthing something can be really tiring :)

2. tides

tides Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    your post gave me cancer

but im at 1500 right now and he hasn't collected many new girls in a while. while they still have an interest in him, nothing much happens between them

as for the dao heart....mmm
    i agree

he told his dragon legion to go for the kill but mc himself has only donce it once in 1500 chapters. most of the time, he is fighting his enemies slowly, then opening his god ring...then open his dragon body...then full power...then take out artifact...then fight finally try to kill each other....and then enemy use teleport jade...

the visions he gets hints about more enemies coming,so he'll probably become hero of the world too like issth and other novels even after the entire world tried to kill him.......sigh...

Last edited: Feb 14, 2019
  3. hayd189

hayd189 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'll continue your rant for you. The MC is a complete loser; think about it, what has he accomplished in 3011 chapters?

He has not defeated ANY factions against him in any arc. complete failure.

Without mentioning the cockroaches, the MC is proven to be inferior to his peers on the "hero" side also. I am speaking of the immortal emperors, and the other 9star practitioners. He could not last a move against them, despite being of same level, this is in the novel, and not conjecture.

But supposedly he's the most powerful 9star partitioner, because of friendship? This goes against everything the art was meanth to be, but since he practiced it wrong, all the principles that created this peerless arts were ditched to glorify this idiot. Like it's not like he became enlightened or found some loophole, the principle of the art, which he explains breathlessly, is violated by him proudly, and he is the strongest? I mean he gets his ass kicked by true geniuses in history, and requires a peerless treasure to even fight on the same level as heaven chosens or whatever with this art..

Like who wants to read about a pussy practicing an overbearing art, that doesn't even make sense. There are pages of his inner thoughts about how he is worried the art is too strong or some bs, but it is because he is a pussy and practiced it wrong.

On the whole legion and protection shit, I mean he couldn't protect his family could he? Had to ditch them, the devil race, had to hide; none of his sects choose to protect him at worst points, yet he still friendly with them. Plus he has unlimited resources via magic, so giving them to his legion means jack shit, oh what sacrifice!

4. tides

tides Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i stopped reading it because it got too boring and i couldn't stand the cockroach enemies

this is one of the few novels where the mc is clearly incompetent

5. hayd189

hayd189 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yep, I skim a lot, and keep up because I am compelled to finish this p.o.s. but this is one of the more unsatisfactory hero.

I just read his latest failure and wanted to rant about how shit he is, so found this thread!

He has 108 dantian or whatever vs everyone's 1, and he can't kill 1 lvl higher. Everything takes places in secret realms because any random older generation would absolutely smack him. He's got an ultimate treasure, and peerless forbidden art. why is he so damn weak.

I mean you can call this realistic, but then don't bs about going against heaven and shit over and over again for 3000 god damn chapters.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2019
  6. Angely

Angely Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmmm, I actually disliked that he was raped & the annoying interaction with his harem/some of those girls. Those annoying weak enemies too.

I didn't have a big problem with the dao heart in this novel as it's has been explained that his cultivation method is an overbearing one & there is also an overbearing personality hidden inside him related to the memories he had about the 9 star cultivatitor/his reincarnation, you often see him struggle with that as that person wouldn't scheme/act smart & shameless like him. The guy was so dominating that bowing is so humiliating that it might crush his beliefs/dao heart, he'd rather die than bow. You should keep in mind that guy was super strong & MC is still a fledging, so he'd feel a huge burden/pressure it might be different if he had same cultivation as the guy in his memories. It's later mentioned that normal 9 star cultivators have no friends etc. He's completely different from them, being surrounded by friends etc. I agree partially with you on this, though as I get what you mean.

@hayd189 In his defense he's the strongest 9 star practitioner as he successfully deviated, but unlike the others he had no proper guidance, no resources (poor mortal world), he got looted/robbed as a baby, so it's not surprising he can't take a hit from them yet, as at least those people knew something about their sect & cultivation unlike him, yet they still got butchered too in the end.

He has to figure out everything by himself & it turned out it is dangerous for him to cultivate the 9 star as he has dark personality that's hidden due heart demons & hidden memories. It's because that cultivation is too OP he can easily self destruct if he isn't careful as he was going blind h was overly reliant on those memories, hence he took a gamble & adjusted it to fit himself, so he could control it more instead of him being controlled left with nothing to do/control, due lack of knowledge etc. Also others aren't supposed to find out about it either it's a taboo in his time, he has to hold back too. He'd be hunted & he didn't know anything about that either at first, so that's what makes it even more frustrating for reader. It's like having a mount of treasures, but you can't use them or see them in action yet.

Ofcourse he couldn't defeat any factions against himself, those people were supported h brainwashed by the strongest gods & had time to build up power. He totally wrecked that assasins faction in his world though, to the point that that god begged him to leave his legacy in that world. If you often skim read you'll miss some important explanations too. He has to be careful with his treasure as it could get him killed, he isn't the strongest, which idiot would let others suspect he has a treasure that can grow herbs unlimited.

You call him a pussy, yet he dared to blaspheme & go against gods he hates, eventhough it's mainly due his memories.(yeah, I admit laughed at what he did in that temple etc.) He even freaking infiltrated them & kills his enemies if he can. He's ruthless, so I don't get why you call him that. Do you want him to be a musclehead with no brains except fighting, killing being arrogant while he's still an ant & doesn't know who all his enemies are?

You later find out his enemies are incredibly strong he & had no idea how strong at first, while he's still an ant forced to live as a refugee. If it wasn't for that dragon watching over him & everyone he cared about would've been dead.

You guys call him a failure yet someone he's the one being counted out the most, being surrounded by greenhouse people as of chapter 3000. It's not that he's completely incompetent, but that he knew too little & his enemies are Gods with countless worlds h brainwashed minions supporting them, while he & other 9 star is their annihilation target, probably because they're scared of what he'd become as they were/are strong & those gods might've betrayed their universe?

This is what keeps me reading I want to know what happened, why & how MC will turn out to be. I have to admit some repetitive stuff are annoying, but at least he's not focused on getting all girls where I'm now it's opposite he's trying not to get involved with anyone & to to get stronger sadly not going as he wishes. He's trying to get up after being hit, yeah he whined a bit. I like that he's not totally perfect & has failed, unlike some MC that get everything with not much struggle & mainly plotarmor. The humor, twist & turns are what keeping me hooked, but yeah I wish some arcs weren't so long as they're less interesting. I feel novel won't end till chapter 4500/5000? It's kind of like Emperors Domination with good & bad parts it's frustrating things are being dragged h dragged on. I hope it won't turn out like Invincible & some others I read, that was hell, compared to this! I guess it's because I read worse that this onevdoesn't feel that bad & unbearable.

TLDR; This novel feels to me as kind of hate & love, bittersweet.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2019
  7. King Korng

King Korng Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Now?

8. Angely

Angely Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I haven't read much novels unfortunately. Now I still feel curious about the story as I put it on hold around 3500-3700 it was still quite interesting & fun then and better. I don't know about now though I need to catch up. I'm a binge reader & I pretty much binged the story back then & caught up so wanted to stock up. The girls became less annoying & more likable after you get to know more about them and their circumstances, idk guess the author balanced it. I quit at a part where he's slowly meeting his old acquitances & meeting new interesting people after being separated from everyone. I guess I'll continue soon.

Edit: I've now caught up with the raws & I still don't feel like dropping it despite the many chapters. I even feel too bad I caught up & am dying for more. A lot of things get addressed/explained (more background story etc.) & he's getting closer and closer to his enemies. He also gets stronger & pretty much going back to being a badass (I think he's, his & friends are now Hierarchs) while having a better idea of his enemies strenghts it turns out Brahma isn't a Hierarch like he thought, but way much stronger. He made a name for himself, same for his friends etc. It's quite fun reading about their antics like robbing others it never seems to get boring. He isn't collecting girls left & right either, that's not his purpose. The focus was more on him regaining his self & getting stronger after being guided and taught a bit. He's a bit less ignorant.

As of of now at the least Enpuda & the Nether Hall god that raised assasins to hunt Nine star disciples their cronies/desciples are dead (turns out they weren't really valued pawns of Brahma but lower rank) and he still has to keep him being Nine Star Body art succesor a secret else Brahma will personally kill him instead of sending pawns (not that it's holding him back). He also got back what was his & got to meet his dad after he freed him. It's good the author doesn't rush. I'd rather have a good solid ending than a rushed one. The world building is pretty well done in this novel. I like that they aren't always OP and have some minor back sets. Sometimes he's still an idiot & a little bit annoying, but at the least the author is consistent and things are explained you can see his character growth. It's not too fast nor too slow I feel it got more balanced. Maybe it'll end around chapter 6000/6500. I don't care if that's the case if the author continues in this style as I have a lot fun reading the Immortal world arc and the characters have personalities. I feel we'll getting there unlike with ED where you never know when it'll end it seems a still long way with ED, now that's what you call truly long winded you need a strong Dao heart for that one. That one I caught up with it yet while I feel it's sometimes fun I & interesting sometimes some chapters are mainly repetitive actions like 5 chapters later MC still haven't killed ants, in NSHBA it's not like that.

I'm really glad with how things turned out now & am dying for more afterall his legion got back together with him & they'll be soon setting off to the area/world where that useless nshba guide is & he's so far met most of his dear ones they also helped him. I like the girls aren't all like damsels in distress and are there to protect him too when they can. They still had to temporarily part, but they'll probably meet again soon & are safe and sound. I won't spoil more...

Last edited: Mar 13, 2022
  9. Azure_Myst

Azure_Myst Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This is the thread for spoiler so I'll just drop this load here tell me where I went wrong with the analysis, yes?
    Okay so, I had like a crazy thought. I mean there are a few points that might suggest that what I am saying could happen. You know that Blind Elder, back at the High Firmament Academy. What if that elder and LC fated enemy a.k.a Lord Brahma are one and the same?
    Ever since I had this thought it's like everything we know about the elder is the same that we know about lord Brahma.
    First. Lord Brahma is a God Cultivator which means he lives long, long,... Let's say longer than even immortal cultivators. Now, about the blind elder, remember how the girl from Spirit Butterfly Race, told Long Chen about the Elder's age.
    Second. We never known about the Elder's Name. All we know is that he is the blind elder. Everybody just knows that. Even when Long Chen asks for his name he says he has forgotten how long ago his name started being blind elder, he has infact even forgotten his own name.
    Third. Lord Brahma is injured extremely severely, this was said by some one in the novel, he was injured when the Pill Emperor died. This was established by Long Chen. Lord Brahma has been recovering, recovering from the injuries of Heavenly Dao(I remember this was specific), now remember about the elder and his blindness. What if, he is infact Lord Brahma and is lying low for trillions of years now, just recovering from the injuries. Following the heavenly path to eliminate the injuries of Heavenly Dao, I suppose this makes sense, what better place than the largest, most prosperous, institute of that age that had the most karmic luck, he needed that to to recover from the injuries caused by Heavenly Dao. He should have followers in the institute. He got the job of sweeper. He is Lord Brahma! Even if he is sweeping the fallen leaves he will make it so other will want to as well. Since he is following the heavenly path, Long Chen feels closer to him too.
    Fifth. He knows who Long Chen is, an abnormality in the system, a glitch, he needs this guy on his own side for any Three Realms domination plans he has, if the Heavenly Dao do derail his plan then this glitch on his side, will flip over the system and Lord Brahma being the strongest at the time will lead the new era.
    Don't view Lord Brahma like some evil guy with thin lips and mustache, eyes dripping with malevolence. No, these guys get killed easily in novels like these because someone didn't like their looks. No, the biggest villain will be the most genial person in the novel, after all he has been alive trillions of years, he is the Divine Venerate. If you look evil, then there is nobody who will follow you with all their heart. You have got to be someone like the Blind Elder, think, if the blind elder says Long Chen Go Fight! Will LC ever refuse?