Spoiler North by Northwest

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Ahmya, Sep 5, 2020.

1. kingini

kingini Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Where did you read the novel?

boom2424 likes this.
  2. momomo5

momomo5 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @secchans So can you spoil us about their relationship development please?

3. Spoiling Queen

Spoiling Queen Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can we have some more spoilers please!!
    :aww::aww::aww:
    :blob_plusone::blob_plusone::blob_plusone::blob_plusone::blob_plusone::blob_plusone::blob_plusone::blob_plusone::blob_plusone::blob_plusone::blob_plusone::blob_plusone::blob_plusone::blob_plusone::blob_plusone::blob_plusone::blob_plusone::blob_plusone::blob_plusone::blob_plusone::blob_plusone::blob_plusone::blob_plusone::blob_plusone::blob_plusone::blob_plusone::blob_plusone::blob_plusone::blob_plusone::blob_plusone::blob_plusone::blob_plusone::blob_plusone::blob_plusone::blob_plusone::blob_plusone::blob_plusone::blob_plusone::blob_plusone::blob_plusone::blob_plusone::blob_plusone::blob_plusone::blob_plusone:

Please spoil on Their past!!!! How they met?!!!

4. kjpo34

kjpo34 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is anyone translating or the novel?

5. wendeexx

wendeexx Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Camping here for spoilers

6. pupupupu

pupupupu Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Here for the spoilers :aww:

7. boom2424

boom2424 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    spoilers spoilers spoilers :aww::aww::aww::aww::aww:

8. shady346

shady346 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Please some kind soul bless us with some spoilers or MTL novel chapters.

rompom and boom2424 like this.
  9. MatchaMatchaLuv

MatchaMatchaLuv Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Whaaaaat, right now, I don't see it... Like, at all. I mean there are still plenty of time to change my mind cause it's still ongoing. But as of right now, I don't like Ed lol. And he even forced himself to her before, like?? How is that not "seeing her as property"? Well, that's just me. I'll respect their opinions. I'm hoping to see character development then? And with Cesar... well I don't hope it, but I guess he gets ugly (as in personality, cause we know he really hot)?

darkcrystal, Peerly, DOHere and 2 others like this.
  10. nice-A

nice-A Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Still waiting for spoilers! I recently discovered this gem so i'm excited to see the developments of the story.

godnataliia and boom2424 like this.
  11. rompom

rompom Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm currently reading the MTL and...

Cesar truly loves Lil. Ever since he got attracted to her for the first time when they met as teens. But their relationship is built on as if Lil owes him her "freedom." Lil was in the army, but years later she didn't get commissioned (she was cheated), and ended up doing domestic work under some Duke. When Cesar met her again, he saw the spark and passion in her eyes are gone, and offered to take her away and give her freedom (sailing). But Cesar always knew that the freedom he gave her is temporary, and for him they will eventually settle down on land. I can now see how their fallout is starting.

12. rompom

rompom Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    More than halfway through my MTL journey! I couldn't wait for Manta anymore. Haha! So far, here are the revelations and most painful/memorable scenes I've read *sobs*

1. Chapter on Ed's first love, Murasha: she was a member of the Indigenous Luwa tribe. Ed lived with the Luwa tribe for 1.5 years to study more about medicine and their culture. Unfortunately, the Luwa tribe was invaded by the Empire. Ed tried to save Murasha from being a slave by planning to marry her, but she fell ill upon arriving at the empire. All the other members of her tribe died either by being killed by the empire's soldiers or due to the mysterious disease, their bodies couldn't adapt outside of the forest where their tribe lived.
    2. Cesar and Lil's closure.
    Rough translation >> "If she goes South, he will be happy to follow her and say he'll be with her anywhere. But he'll be bored and will tell her to stop. Cesar realized how much he had repeated and failed to keep the words. But that's all he can say. He didnt know three different magical languages to change Lil's mind, just like Lil doesnt know how to say I love you.
    While Lil's hat was blue, feathers read, shirt's white, and hair's black, Cesar was clouding as if to be erased, and Lil was walking sharply in the colors of the world."
    3. Ed and Lil's past: Ed has known Lil way back, when Lil was still a cadet in Lebring. Ed, training for the navy, had his classroom on a vantage point where he could see Lil when she's training for the army. It was a time when Ed was still devastated with the Empire's treatment of other tribes and with his first love. For Ed, Lil sparked his curiosity. She was a breath of fresh air. A noblewoman who joined the cavalry, but being subjected to both admiration and ridicule because she is a woman in such a field.
    The first and only time they got to talk to each other back then was in a library. People were talking about Lil, saying she's just joined the academy for attention. Ed got pissed and told them to shut up as they were too noisy. Little did he know that Lil was on the other side of the shelf. She thanked him for his gesture, and in their little chat she openly shared with her ideals (like how she doesnt believe in slavery, on how she values freedom and equality). But Lil never saw his face, because during that time Ed doesnt know how he'll react if he gets to talk to Lil face to face.

13. rompom

rompom Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Discontinued? I hope not because I'm so so so looking forward for the manhwa version of this masterpiece. :( but nevertheless, sure! I will be sharing here summaries per volume. Maybe I'll start with where the manhwa left off.

This is where the manhwa left off. I still hope the manhwa returns though!!! Btw I just read this thru MTL, so it may not be entirely accurate, but at least we get the gist. ☺✌

-because of the losses in her crew after they rescued Lil and Ed from the Western Pirates, Lil decided to retire from the league of southern pirates, also partly influenced by Cesar who wants Lil to live with him in a duchy that is far from Sessbron and the south
    -after the announcement to the league during a captains' gathering, Lil, who was feeling half-hearted and upset about her decision, immersed herself in liquor and got drunk
    -Lil then recalled the reason why she joined the federation as a pirate and as a captain. When she first saw the South, she was shocked at the empire's exploitation and slavery of the natives/inhabitants of the South, so she joined the league to resist the empire's tyranny and mission because she herself was suppressed as a noblelady in her previous situation (as a noblelady in her hometown Auverigne and as a fiancee of Duke Millieu). At first, Cesar was against the idea of Lil joining the pirates because he agrees with the empire's treatment of slavery. For Cesar, it is natural. But Cesar loves Lil, so he joined her as the first mate
    -Back in the present time, Ed found Lil downing a bottle of quagnon during the meeting with other captains of the league
    -when the meeting was over, Ed tried to help Lil go back to their inn, but with the intention of stealing the gem necklace which was his original mission
    -upon carrying Lil on his back, drunk Lil aimed a gun on Ed and ordered him to run to mimic horseback riding (lil called him Kudbang which was the name of her horse when she was in the carabinye)
    -Ed ran while carrying Lil on his back despite his abdomen still healing due to the gunshot, knowing how Lil enjoyed the feeling of it. They then reached the shore and Ed put Lil down
    -he took her necklace and admired it. Drunk Lil then started talking to Ed, thinking he was her horse Kudbang, saying she cant believe he's back and that she misses riding Kudbang and feeling the wind
    -Ed became more curious and teased Lil, "tell me the captain's story" and because of the waves that he couldn't hear her murmurs well, he laid down beside her.
    -Lil stared at Ed and thought that it will be one of the last times she'll be with a companion like him... she's just starting to trust him more, but she'll soon be living as a wife of Cesar. Lil thought about how she will no longer be a captain, no longer there to defend the South's causes, will no longer be free to do things she's passionate about. She then shared with Ed her philosophies like in the intelligence of women, that in the future the world will equalize women and men, abuse will eventually stop, and that empires built on innocent sacrifices will eventually end (Lil is such a great thinker).
    -Lil eventually fell asleep because of the alcohol, with Ed just looking at her. He no longer just admires her physical beauty, but also realized her great mind and sadness within.
    -some time later, Cesar arrived and found them both. He almost fought Ed out of anger, but Ed assured him he's no pervert who'll take advantage of Lil. Cesar realized Lil's necklace was taken by Ed, so he ordered Ed to return it to which he did

14. rompom

rompom Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    -Bellrock started to depart from Panichi. It is the last voyage of Lil as the captain, she'll then turnover the ship to Valtano. They just need to reach Marchand first so Lil can withdraw gold for the League
    -at that time, Cesar was starting to feel anxious about Lil. He just wants her to be happy, and he wants to be with her. He knows they are together, but there is something lacking and not fulfilled.
    -Lil also felt her feelings towards Ed changed before and after coming to Panichi, she's starting to trust him more
    -shortly after sailing, they spotted a Garni merchant ship, those which are owned by the Duke of Mireyu. The ship soon turned hostile and a battle has occurred. Lil sufferred only a few losses and injuries from her crew. They captured the captain and freed the slaves found inside the enemy ship
    -Lil got a cut on her forehead which bled, and Ed attended to her as the doctor. The situation was tense still because of Lil's distrust towards Ed, thinking he's a Navy Spy and that she might be assassinated by Ed anytime.
    -Ed and Lil had a confrontation, wasn't it still enough when he told her in Panichi that he respects Lil's thinking and Bell Rock's existence, and that he's honored to meet someone like her?
    -Lil on the other hand also intentionally puts up a wall between her and Ed. For her, opening up to Ed more will only amplify her desire for freedom, like how she held herself back from hugging him on the shore in Panichi that one night... but it is freedom she can't have, because 'Cesar will never tolerate freedom that he cannot understand'
    -Ed told Lil it's her pride that's keeping her distrust, this disappointed and angered Lil, and ordered Ed to get out of captain's room
    -But Ed is not completely clean. He's the one actually cheating on her. Upon leaving the captain's room, he thought about the happiness he felt when he found out that Liloa is still alive. The same Liloa whom he got to talk to back in Lebring, the woman whose thoughts are not according to the common ideas of slavery and women's place in the society during that time. His admiration for her only grew more, but he worried about the time when she'll find out that he's the admiral, and worried even more if she'll find out that he was commissioned by the Duke of Mireyu to bring her back in exchange for the red gem artifact. He wondered, should that time come if he'll ever be forgiven.

chariella, mitch_97, Selin and 8 others like this.
  15. rompom

rompom Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Will jump to the Lil confession scene for now, obviously one of my favorite scenes in the books.
    PS the novel is actually R-19, so here's a steamy one!

(MTL only, so some pronouns are interchanged and can get confusing)

"I… … .”

A muffled voice choked her throat. Lil snorted loudly, voicing out words that could hardly be continued.
    "I am a person… … . I want to be a person.”

It was so hard for her to say that. Her whole body seemed to tremble. Lil clenched his teeth, still staring at something in the air. No matter how much Ed's hand wiped her cheek, her sadness did not stop.

“Where should I start?”

"I will be there.”

Lil turned her head to look at Ed. A stream of water crawling over the bridge of her slanted nose gathered at the tip of her nose and dripped. While Lil stole her face, Ed got up from his knees and lowered his body. His gaze followed him upward and upward. The candle casts a shadow on Ed, and Ed casts a shadow on Lil.

"I don't need any proof. Even if no one tries to admit it, or if you say crazy things to prove it, it's all bullshit. You were already born as a human. Don’t deny it from yourself.”

Lil laughed and cried. There was Ed as she lifted her head with her face full of joy and sorrow. It was a familiar man's face, but the approaching presence was much greater. When I saw Ed, his heart was strangely lifted and he felt good. Because he can feel the vivid wind. Even now, I felt like I was in contact with that cool flow. He is the wind that knows the direction and blows. Her clumsiness and roughness confused her, but she never forgot her course.

“Edgar.”

Ed, who had been holding his hand on the back of her hand, raised her head. Lil murmured as he looked at the back of the hand he was wrapping around her.

"Maybe I… … . I want to be happy.”

It was funny when I actually admitted it. The word happiness was very short and easy to pronounce. Her lips trembled as she let out her smirk. Expressing greed and acknowledging emotions were very unfamiliar, so I felt constantly indifferent and ashamed of myself. Lil steadfastly confessed while suppressing her trembling neck.

“Like you said, I am a human being, so I guess I want to love someone.”

A confession that no one cared about and had no intervention lingered in his ears like hallucinations. It was definitely her voice, but it was strangely sweet. Ed stood blankly, whether he was embarrassed or shocked. Lille hesitated to approach him. It was a short distance, but she gradually stepped forward and walked forward.

"I want to love you."

My face with a vague expression came close to my nose. Lil laughed awkwardly. Lille's expression of not even knowing how to confess love and whether this moment is a confession would not be much different from Ed. It didn't matter. Lille closed his eyes, touching his shoulder.

When the time closed, another sense woke up and felt him sensitively. Lil opened his lips to find Ed. As I lifted my heel and climbed into the air, the height was about right. The breath still permeated through the trembling gap. Lille breathed out a short breath from him. I felt the hot air on the tip of my tongue and the warmth of my lips. Before the touching lips fell off, the urgently stretched arms wrapped around the waist. Edgar pulled the reel as if it were lifting it. The slightly higher reel bit the lower lip in contact and wrapped its arm around the back of its neck. Lips crushed by each other intertwined with their tongues and sucked their opponents.

The torn mouth was sore, but even that was covered with numb excitement. Lille reached out from the back of his neck and dug through his hair. It was not enough to hug so tightly. The body, which had been wet all the time, lacked warmth, so Lille pushed Ed further. I don't know if he wants to keep him warm or if Lille wants to be warm, but Ed didn't step down, so Lille was gradually immersed in him. The sound of heavy breathing came and went, but it was not enough. I wanted to feel more vividly and confirm that we were together by putting our body temperatures together.

Lille pushed his hand between his jacket and shirt. When the collar flowed over his shoulder, Edgar took off his jacket backwards. The jacket soaked in rain fell with a heavy sound. Again, the hand covering the reel grabbed the sleeve that was hanging over the shoulder. The lips that were biting the earlobe slipped to the back of the neck and touched the shoulders. Lille let out a short breath and tilted his head. Edgar, who tilted his front back with his sleeve, easily hugged the reel. Ed, much lower than Lil, bowed his head and kissed her. The dress, with its front knot untied, flowed down the upper body. At the same time, they fell on the bed.

Edgar didn't want to fall over Lil, so there was space between them for the first time. A space of about a lie soon filled with colorful breaths. Ed, facing in the dark, seemed to be making an expression he had never seen before. Lille reached out with a face looking down at him. I drew him with my finger along a vague curve. It was hot with the flesh that flesh. It was hot when I touched my earlobes, too. Lille whispered, imagining Ed, whose whole face was red.

"Why can't I give up..."

"What? Me?"

Edgar grabbed Lille's hand and took it to his mouth. Lil murmured, fumbling his lips. "Why did I make this ridiculous decision?"

"Do you regret it already?"

"No. But it's weird that you don't regret it." "You just said it. "I can't give up."

"I know. He pinched his upper and lower lips at once, saying, "Why on earth?"

Edgar, who suddenly became a duck, put his lips together, but his kiss was not good this time. Lille laughed helplessly because it was cute to shake his head as if he wanted to release it. When Lille laughed, Ed followed, but when he still laughed while being held, there was a sound of the wind falling out.

While doing that, I put my mouth here and there. Lille let Ed go after receiving a bad kiss on his cheek and eyes. Edgar, who squeezed his lips as if he had been waiting, grabbed the dress. Lille felt his hand in the air, loosened the krabart, and grabbed the shirt button. The touch of digging through each other's clothes was as overwhelming as breathing.

Soon, the shirt and dress that were taken off fell out of the bed. Lil put his palm on his still wet chest. The fingertips were raised to savor the elaborately woven muscles. When I turned around the thick chest and reached out to my back, the clearly divided curves wriggled to hug her. I was satisfied with the dull volume. Ed bit off the chest reflected above the thin Schmiz. Whenever he touched the clothes, the wet hem stuck cold on the skin.

Lil looked down. The wet brown hair was going down, drawing traces over Schmiz. Through the chest, into the abdomen, a hot breath spread. At a sensitivity, Lille flinched and shrank. The skirt caught in the touch of stroking the thigh rolled up on the bridge. Ed's lips were still hovering around the lower abdomen. A small feeling of pleasure flocked into the stomach. Lille stood up with a drowsy breath. When Ed breathed something similar to a sigh, I felt the heat. .......

"I can't."

He seemed to mutter something. The reel asked back reflexively. Stuck together.

"Huh? No?"

Lille opened her eyes wide open. After rolling my eyes for a moment, I asked back, wondering if I heard it wrong.

"What?"

"I can't do this."

Lille, who pushed his shoulder and rolled over Ed and looked down at him. Ed looked up at the reel with an awkward face, making her even more curious. She tried to come up with a possible reason to explain this situation, but she couldn't think of it, so she made a squeezing sentence.

"Do you need to prepare your mind?"

"No."

Ed grabbed his forehead like a person who heard a terrible story.

"Is there a problem?"

Lille carefully put his palm under his half-released belt. Edgar closed his eyes, suppressing his groan, but Lille did not take his hand off.

"You don't think there's a problem, but there's a lot."

"No, it's not that, I'm worried about your injury. What kind of do you think I am?"

Ed muttered a few more words as if he was shocked, but Lille looked down at his belly. Even if I didn't take off my clothes, I could see the scar clearly over Schmiz. Come to think of it, he was also weighed down by Benois a few hours ago. Thinking of that time, my abdomen was throbbing for no reason.

Ed, who held her back lightly, explained.

"You didn't just tear your stomach, you damaged the inside." I've never read your opinion on how long it will take for a person as big as you to freely enjoy his or her private life. "I'm still searching through my memories, but I don't have any."

Lille frowned because he didn't understand, but Ed looked very serious. As Lille looked into him, he suddenly recalled the worries that he had missed even though it was natural. I don't know if I'll have a child or not, but I wanted to know if some organs no longer function.

"Do I..."

No.

"The baby's house was not hurt." Ed replied so clearly that the instant question disappeared without a trace. There was only one question left, so Lille stared at him.

"Because you have to live healthy for a long time. You can't take risks with your body."

He even nodded for no reason as if he had determined his mind. Lille was obsessed with an indescribable mood and pondered whether it was regrettable or absurd. I was so embarrassed that I couldn't even tell whether I had to accept this situation or why I started it in the first place. The time when we were obsessed with sensuality and indulged in each other seemed like a lie.

"Huh?"

"Why are you so disappointed?"

Lille was sitting face to face on his leg, so his eyes met. Edgar stroked her thigh. The body, whose excitement had not subsided, was still sensitive, so he easily reacted to the caressing fingertips. The tingling tickles along the place he passed by left a lingering impression.

Lil replied, trying to catch all the disorganized voices.

"No, it's not."

"I said it wouldn't work that way, I didn't say I'd give up today at all."

Shmiz pushed his hem and his raised hand clenched his waist. Lille stared at the lower abdomen, which was completely bare-skinned. Droplets of water flowing down the boat fell into his abdomen and collected. Ed wasn't in a hurry. I intentionally tickled her and climbed up her abdomen step by step. Half of the chest was revealed when the hem was raised to the collarbone.

Ed whispered, licking up the reddish bumps. "There's no rule to go to the royal road."

When Lille took off Schmiz above his head, Ed overlapped and pushed her. Both of them were soaked in rain and their bodies were slippery.

"Then?"

"Then..."

Ed rubbed her lips as if answering. The kiss that gave the answer continued for a long time. As his hand, which was touching her chest, went down, a voice that came through his lips hovered around her mouth.

"I should find another way, right?"

His fingers dug between the legs. The fatigue that had stuck to the whole body melted down with a dreamy consciousness.

Rainwater-drinking clothes are getting heavier. The soaked body permeated the bed. It sank like a drop of water crushed by an abyss.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2023
  16. Formidable

Formidable Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @rompom thank you so much for the spoilers! Once in a while i refress the page hoping for some more posts, so your spoilers were really welcoming! Its such a shame that this story isnt more populair or translated (novel). And reading that it might be discontinued is so sad! Its really one of my favorite stories....

Maybe if you read the whole story, can you give a summary? I would really appreciate it, im curious about the arc and the ending. Her breakup with cesar, that sus duke and so on

17. rompom

rompom Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree! The fandom for this story is quite small but it's my solid favorite novel till date too. I've read the whole story and I plan to share the rest of happened, but sorry for now because I can only post really short summaries per volume as going into details take hours to type but i promise I'll update this thread to keep it alive. Lololol

godnataliia and boom2424 like this.
  18. rompom

rompom Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Super brief spoiler summaries per volume

-Lil found a mermaid held captive in that Garni merchant ship, initially she asked help from Cesar but he won't help her because he is ok with the idea of slavery, so Lil asked Ed's help. Lil knew Ed thinks like her and also sympathetic towards lives of different races and creatures
    -after releasing the mermaid back into the ocean, the mermaid invited Lil and Ed to also sim into the ocean. She wanted to show them her world underwater. They can magically breathe underwater because of the mermaid
    -even if Lil was wearing her necklace, the mermaid knows she's actually female, and told her she's beautiful
    -once Lil and Ed were out of the water, Ed started seeing Lil as a woman physically even with the necklace, something to do with the mermaid
    -Cesar starts to notice how Ed looks at Lil, and becomes increasingly jealous

-that night, after Lil and Cesar spent a quick intimate night and Cesar fell asleep, Lil went out to get some air and saw Ed by the deck
    -I forgot some details, but I think Ed checked up on Lil's wound, or was it Ed who was injured a bit (she/Ed was initially scratched by the mermaid I think, when it was still hostile towards Ed and Lil before the released the mermaid)
    -Ed had to help Lil with her wound, they went in Ed's cabin because Ed's medicine kit is there
    -while fixing the bandage, they talked a bit, until Lil fell asleep on Ed's bed. He couldn't wake her up, so he just let her stay there while he slept on his chair
    -come morning, Ed's messenger pigeon was knocking on his window. But Lil is in his cabin. She saw the pigeon, let it in, and shouted at Ed "Explain this." Also even attempted to shoot him to force him to explain. But shortly after, Cesar, Courant, and a few more men ran towards Ed's cabin
    -Lil ordered cesar to take the letter tied on the pigeon's leg and to read aloud what it contains
    -Cesar "read" the contents as the location of the Navy and that of Bell rock's (I could be wrong, but something like a spy message)
    -out of anger, Lil ordered the men to take Ed in the ship's prison
    -Shortly after, Lil and Cesar had an argument. Cesar was becoming more and more suspicious as to why Lil slept in Ed's cabin, saying he's a spy for the navy and that she shouldn't let her feelings cloud her judgment. Cesar ordered Courant and Alain/Jerico to hold Lil captive in her own cabin so Lil won't interfere with their "investigation" of Ed
    -instead of investigating, it was only Courant who tortured Ed while he was all tied up. The novel described it in such detail, like Courant was too young and too inexperienced to know that there are some torture techniques that cannot kill a person, but Courant doesn't know that. So how he tortured Ed was so severe that Ed wasreally close to dying
    -Ed started crying and shouting for Liloa's name out of pain, but it was only Cesar who went downstairs to see Ed. Ed thought his torture was under Liloa's orders (although it was actually Cesar's)
    -Cesar, Courant, and the few men who knew about the pigeon incident in Ed's cabin then decided to throw Ed's almost dying body in the open sea in the middle of the night.

19. rompom

rompom Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Updates :)

This chapter is mostly about Ed's past:
    a flashback chapter on Ed's past as a teenager
    -since a 10-year old kid, Ed went with his grandfather on voyages. Ed was described as a weirdo and a free-spirit
    -in one of their travels, Ed was 16 by then, Ed has been wanting to explore a jungle in the "South Island of the West" that they spotted in one of their voyages. Jungles were treasure troves and home to all kinds of wild medicines and he wanted to explore them as a passionate medical student
    -in the jungle, the inhabitants were called the "Luwa Tribe." They had pinkish skin, white hair, and were relatively smaller compared to Ed. Theyre like a "fairy race." Ed met the leader, Chippo, and he was deemed harmless and allowed to stay with them
    -in one of his explorations, he visited their temple. There he met a beautiful fairy named Murasha.
    -"There was a fairy. But she was different from any other fairy he had ever encountered. The lashes shone white, and the eyed below them were wide and surprised... the intense beauty hit him in the form of shock. Edgar's mind went black like he was hit by something he couldn't handle."
    -Ed stayed with them for about a year and a half, knew more about wild medicine, and learned about Luwa culture
    -Ed was closest with Murasha who was 2 years younger than him. They hung out day by day. He taught her the imperial language as much as she taught him how to play the musical instrument Surihe and the Luwa language
    -"He snatched a hand trying to grab the hem of his shirt and again rubbed it against his cheek. Murasha patted his face as if she couldn't help it, although she was whining. His heart jumped wildly at the kind and lovely touch. Whenever this happened, Edgar used to have high expectations."
    -By the time Ed was 18, he was already back in Sessbron. His grandfather, then Marquis, was becoming more frustrated with him as he already has to start looking into marrying. He began daydreaming about Murasha, and remembered she will turn 16 and will already have her coming of age in her tribe. Ed then convinced his grandfather if he could marry Murasha. Then he set off to that forest.
    -when Ed arrived at the entrance of the jungle, it also coincidental that the empire was invading the tribe. There were dead bodies and burning everywhere, but Ed rushed to find Murasha
    -he did find her, and used his Nobleman card to negotiate with the imperial army to spare Murasha from slavery because he intends to marry her. Other surviving Luwa tribesmen were massacred, others were taken to be slaves.
    -Upon arriving at the imperial continent, the Luwa tribe mysteriously fell ill and slowly died. As for Murasha, whom he has taken with him to Roan, he was able to buy her time, but she still eventually had to lie in bed. Ed decided to come to Sessbron to check up on the other Luwa slaves and find out more about the illness. But still they started dying one by one.
    -When he reached Sessbron, Ed tried to find out more by performing autopsy on the corpses. This is how Ed got the reputation of being bizarre as someone who amputates/decapitates the bodies of his "enemies" but in truth he really just wanted to know more about the disease. Ed became obsessed with finding a cure for his sick lover. He was not successful.
    -Ed still continued to try, but Murasha who was dying only requested for her to see the forest again. At first Ed only took her to his estate's hunting grounds, and that was when he concluded that the Luwa tribe couldnt adapt to the imperial air, and Murasha is already the last in her tribe. He did her a favor by heading back to the western continent with her. They sailed back for months, and arrived at the ruins of the Luwa's previous civilization
    -Murasha's funeral: "Edgar thought he was fortunate to have attended the funeral of the Luwa people. After setting the site in front of the temple, he piled up piles of firewood... Why did he believe and take her to the empire without hesitation?... Sadness was a shameless feeling because it was Edgar himself who was strangling her. She strangledbso much that she wouldn't die every day, giving her food and providing a good bed. He constantly said that, 'I want to save you.'... It was like her happy performance to finally leave him."
    -Ed stayed in that forest alone for 2 more years. 2 years later, his cousin came to convince him to come back to the empire. To "stop chasing the start helping the living." Then Ed had reflected for a while, and thought of how he selfishly looked at Murasha and the Luwa from his limited point of view
    -Ed's motivations to join the navy and become a high ranking officer was because he wanted to know more about the reality of God and the natural way of things. "As he understood, God was close to nature. In the case of Luwa, God was the forest itself. It gives the forest will and character, and accepts the providence of nature in that sense." And for him, reality of God can be learned in ancient relics. But to get a hold of those treasures and ruins, he needed authority.
    -He quickly rose the ranks and became admiral, and crushed the western pirates. One time in his study, he was staring at the relics and murals he has acquired in his adventures and remembered Liloa, that one person he'd very much like to see the murals with, thinking that this time he may be more ready to meet her already, unlike their initial meeting in Lebring (their conversation in the Lebring library will be revealed in latter chapters).
    -He rode to Lebring to ask about Liloa, but eventually overheard that she's missing for almost a year now after living with the Duke of Mireyu as his fiancée.

Here's an MTL of one excerpt of Vol. 4 part 1.
    Edgar was not aware that there was a 'human' different from himself. The Luwa people were not treated as the same human being. Because he was able to breathe here, he couldn't imagine that there were humans who couldn't breathe in the same space. As there are various races in the world, there must be various characteristics and constitution, but for him who thinks based on himself, their constitution was one of the reasons for the problem to be fixed. It was only after decoding the walls of the temple that I knew there was a meaning that could not be countered. Providence was not of a human nature to step up and be foundable. It was too late, horribly late to realize it. But there was someone who said it openly. After so many years of research.
    There was a person who spoke as if it were an old truth, the terrible enlightenment gained by losing Murasha and abandoning many things.
    Edgar chased her with his eyes.
    Even a young cadet who is only 15 years old. In addition, she was a woman. A dazzling vitality erupted from his cheeks, which had yet to lose baby fat. The reddish cheeks on the horse always flowed nonstop. The eyes shining blue in the sun were full of confidence and confidence. Edgar was told around him to call her.
    "ASPIHO LILOA!"
    Liloa caused a stir wherever she went.
    There were many big reasons, such as noble birth, beautiful appearance, and constant suitoring.
    It was strange that I had not heard it with my ears so far. But there was one more reason besides that. In fact, it was a reason that meant only to him. Liloa knew everything. When responding to ridicule and contempt, Liloa shifted the providence of opening her mouth. Of course, no one understood that. Liloa's greatness, even defending a minority race, was dismissed only as a feminine sensibility.
    Edgar felt as if he had met a being in an unknown realm. The unimaginable shape of providence seemed to wander in front of me. In the right order, he thought he wanted to reach Liloa. But he was a terrible human being. I was too shy to approach with shame aside. I couldn't dare to do it. I just had vague thoughts. I will be able to convey this joy at any time.
    A few months later, Edgar was commissioned as captain. He caught Liloa in his eyes for the last time before going out to Nazaro and Liloa in the wind on top of the word gust.

XiaoTuzi101, mitch_97, Selin and 5 others like this.
  20. Formidable

Formidable Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Im a bit surprised to see cesar like this, i knew they didnt like each other, but i thought there was some kind of respect. Cesar is apparently showing his true colors. really shocked to read they trown ed overboard