Misc Novel Idea (Closed)

Discussion in 'Community Fictions' started by Lazriser, Jan 9, 2017.

1. Lazriser

Lazriser Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm not sure if this is the right prefix for this thread, please clarify if it is.

I have spent several weeks contemplating on something while listening to random soundtracks, and then I remembered this three, even though I hadn't played the games, I watched the play-throughs in the past and discovered enlightenment! This three have one thing in common: SIN

Previously this past few months, I wasted so much potential stories which might be generic or not since I never manage to capture the image and flow of the story I wanted to write that eventually led to the abandonment of my ideas. I felt pity for the stories and hate on myself for being unable to settle on at least one single story, since I have a really hard time keeping my interest or passion in the story as many ideas keep flowing from my mind; all which are different in genres and main themes which made had headaches as each idea is awesome and unique but are both conflicting to one another but this time, I have finally achieve one I wanted in my mind.

T
    hat is I, your father, am now back in the game and ready to write with passions once more, and hopefully this time, I stick to my story and not quit a-chapter-away. So, I'm asking for your advice and few ideas on this story I'm planning to write, and do give your honest opinions.

Outline of the novel idea is like this:
    Title: <Request>
    Theme: Based on the Christianity
    Official Genres: Action, Gore, Tragedy, Psychological, Horror, Supernatural
    Possible Genres: Romance, Sci-Fi, Fantasy
    Tags: Anti-hero, Angel, Demon, Dragon
    Plot: God of War's genocide Pantheon, Dante's Inferno going deeper to Hell

Synopsis: The history of the world reshapes itself into a more alternate ending than today in the modern world where everyone mostly views the Devil as the leading symbol of all what is evil in the world. In an alternate world, before Helel falls into Darkness;a new threat arrives and new fates are made. Journey with the protagonist of this story as he find himself becoming the legend that all under Heaven fear and awe, the one who sought it all, the Devil. See the world in the perspective of the Devil himself as he battles against Darkness and rebels against El Raqia and the Malakhim.​
    Your thoughts and few ideas to help me improve the story before I start writing would greatly aid me. Noted that I am active and will respond. I also haven't made a title for this yet, since I am bad at giving names, so...if you don't mind, can you help me make one?

Last edited: Jan 9, 2017
  2. juniorjawz

juniorjawz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    C'mon, feel free to do what you want to do!

I don't like to give names, but those are my words of encouragement!

3. Lazriser

Reading List:
    Link
    That's the problem, too much freedom gave me headaches...:ROFLMAO:
    Edit: Okay, if that's your encouragement!

4. HavekZero

HavekZero A well meaning, contributing member of this forum

Reading List:
    Link
    The one bit of advice i can and will give you in the hopes that you listen, infact i demand that you follow it:-
    PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD DONT LET THE MC BE A HAREM SEEKING TRASH like Chu Feng whose sole motto in life is if it breathes you gotta bang it.
    Representing those who are sick of rapists and lolicons your's truly - Havek

Edit: bro, reading your reply below i'm gonna be honest with you.
    I already made up my mind not to read your story because nobody has ever and i emphasise ever pulled of writing a harem properly. in the end all they're left with is an OP mc, a continous source of annoying death seeking young master type villains and 2d chicks who get violated by mc and then somehow magically fall in love with him

Lazriser likes this.
  5. Lazriser

Reading List:
    Link
    I think there will be harem but not that kind of harem where he oneshots everyone he sees .

6. JOHNAMLAC

JOHNAMLAC Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I suggest Giving him a rival that has real backstory

7. Lazriser

Reading List:
    Link
    Real as?

8. Ken The One-Eyed Suicidal

Ken The One-Eyed Suicidal 「ZA ROYAL ROASTER」「ZEE KOUHAI」

Reading List:
    Link
    I suggest you to make short term goals/arcs for the story.
    You have to establish a challenge and then an objective and after that start thinking of how the main character could go up against those, within the limitations of the world. If your story is darker and leaning towards tragedy I suggest you to make one counterfeit for every solution he finds, to fuck up some characters in the whole process, give some character development here and there, etc.
    If your story is leaning more towards the SoL, light side (which I doubt, for you're Maou) you may want to do the outline of, 1 challenge = 1,2 or 3 obvious or easy solutions. The focus of this story wouldn't be the combat, nor the tragedy, etc. And because of this the challenges and counterfeits have to adapt to the 'lighter' world.
    Remember that I'm giving you a ROUGH outline of a way to continue writing despite having another ideas in mind (you can incorporate them in the story as some solution, challenge or counterfeit *shrugs*). Add plot twists in a clever manner, believable (or crazy, but not edgy) character development and such as you like.
    Ps: Making an epic villain may be good way to keep the challenges oncoming, as long as everything connects in the end that is.
    Making long term goals in the tragedy model is essential too~

Lazriser and Setra like this.
  9. Xravia

Xravia 『Chaos Wizard Of Procrastination 』

Reading List:
    Link
    Sooo instead of comic relief its going to be sexual relief?!?!
    Dont 'do' rivals instead, have the MC have a goal then 4 failures in a row then a chance to avenge the second failure followed up 5 life or death situations then two heists and 2 harem members... then ya should be good for now...

Lazriser likes this.
  10. Gairay

Gairay Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In the stories of angels and demons, it is almost always certain that the seven deadly sins will be involved. If they are, them how will the be implemented? Through skill sets like you'd see in novels with game elements? Through the blessing/curses of the gods? In any case, if the sins are involved will you also be involving the 7 heavenly virtues as well in the same manner to oppose the sins? If they are to face off, who are their weilders and which side is the side we should be rooting for? Or could it be that the protagonist will slowly gather all 14 of them in his journey? With that in mind, will he also be gaining allies or is this a solo journey?
    I realize I am asking a lot of questions but this is also a method to organize a story and to help the writer get ideas from ideas.
    As for the title, I beleive that should be decided after the details of the story is decided beforehand.

Lazriser likes this.
  11. Lazriser

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh! Nice, thanks for the guide and also, the MC has only three girls in the harem.

12. Lazriser

Reading List:
    Link
    The action of the plot is like God Of War and the sins are like Dante's Inferno.