Recommendations Novels like "Little Mushroom" [BL]

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Disolona, Jan 9, 2021.

1. Disolona

Disolona Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Guys, help
    I read "Little Mushroom" a couple of weeks ago, and I still can't get over it... I am in immediate need to read something as wholesome and heart-wrenching as this novel... just, the whole world burning in hell, and a sad, hopeless but touching love takes roots in the ashes...
    I don't have high hopes, but, maybe, you could recommend me something?

2. Kefie

Kefie 《Lazy Pirate》《⚓️》《Step Red Sibling》

Reading List:
    Link
  3. Disolona

Reading List:
    Link
    No... The novel LITERALLY has nothing to do with synopsis... I have no idea what processes were happening in the author's head when she wrote a synopsis like for this novel, but it doesn't convey all the tragedy which happens throughout the story. It is a sad love story between a monster hunter (ml) and a monster from abyss (mc), the humankind is on the brink of extinction, facing death, fear and struggle every day. It is HE, thank God, but not before you bawl your eyes out.
    And spores, which MC is looking for, are directly connected to his life, like an organ or something, there won't be any children whatsoever.
    If you ever read Fallocaust, it has similar moments, just not as hardcore. Then it reminded me animes like Parasite, Technolyze. There are some similarities with Mad Max concerning women's role in society as a tool for reproducing to save the humankind from complete extinction. A bit of Blade Runner notes as well. The narrative is full of melancholy, quiet sadness, contemplation about matters of life and death, and a sliver of hope, which gets crushed again and again.
    It certainly doesn't sound like a novel you just recommended...

applebeans likes this.
  4. Melange

Melange Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah ahahah. You dun got trapped like the rest of us. That novel broke my poor little heart.

First, try the authors' other novel, The #1 Pretty Boy of the Immortal Path

Some recommendations that are kinda melancholy or angsty, but they're not all apocalyptic.

The Husky and His White Cat Shizun
    Thrive in Catastrophe
    Poison of the Human Panacea
    How Many Tomorrows There Are (kinda??? it's just a weird dystopia thing)
    Falling into the Abyss (I haven't read but I think it's probably what you're looking for)
    Boss’s Death Guide
    Laws of the Other World
    Devil’s Political Marriage
    Nirvana Rebirth

applebeans likes this.
  5. Disolona

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you!
    I am reading #1 pretty boy right now, the story is great, but I don't like gender-bender theme very much. I am on the 100th chapter, and ML is still a "most beautiful, graceful girl". It is funny at times, but I do prefer men being manly in my homo reads. MC is also a bit annoying, he doesn't get an excuse of being a little mushroom so he can keep on being this damn stupid and naive.
    I am sorry for complaining, I really want to finish this novel, but I get frustrated with it sometimes.
    I haven't read the novels you recommend yet, thank you for bringing up a lot of new stuff. I finally have hope now

6. Kefie

Kefie 《Lazy Pirate》《⚓️》《Step Red Sibling》

Reading List:
    Link
    Well. "Not as fluffy as the summary makes it sound." I didn't expect that it was that not-fluffy.

7. Deleted member 324133

Deleted member 324133 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    i would also second
    “husky and his white cat shizun”
    (sorry i can’t post links yet!)

the synopsis is very very misleading. it’s a little fluff, a little humor, and so much angst.

Disolona likes this.