Recommendations Novels similar to Solo Leveling but GOOD

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by SARANAEL, Jun 30, 2021.

1. SARANAEL

SARANAEL Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi!

So, okay the title of this post might be a bit controversial. I do love Solo Leveling - The Manwha. The story is definitely made to be drawn but the novel itself? Well...

I read only until after the Jeju Island arc and currently the manwha is already way ahead so I only consume the story through the webtoon.
    Many reviews on NU say that after that arc the story goes downhill and the ending sucks...

I'd love to read a novel that is similar to Solo Leveling but with good characterization, interesting side characters and a decent romance (one that isn't rushed). The main character should be in some aspects overpowered - whether that is his strength or his intelligence doesn't matter - but that shouldn't be his only character trait.

I'd prefer it, if it isn't a harem novel or if it is, then the women shouldn't be all over the MC like brainless idiots.

The only one that comes to my mind that I absolutely loved was Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint. However, I read that one already obviously sooo.... Please recommend me something else :D

2. RexJen

RexJen Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You can check out Second Life Ranker. I found it good.
    SSS-class suicide hunter

YeongEunJi likes this.
  3. orangethegreatorange

orangethegreatorange Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The Legendary Mechanic - mc is the only NPC who can see stats and gather EXP.

Tho could you elaborate more on what exactly you’re looking for? Because Orv isn’t similar to Solo Leveling tbh. Except that both mcs can see stats.

FrogwithaWog likes this.
  4. SARANAEL

SARANAEL Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm gonna check that one out, thank you! I do think that ORV and SL are similar because Kim Dokja becomes overpowered too and people usually recommend ORV if one liked SL. I love both Jin-Woo and Dokja but the latter is definitely better in terms of character. He has a backstory and distinctive traits that make him human, unlike Jin-Woo who's characterization seems only superficial. Kim Dokja is overpowered but he doesn't feel like he is and he's actually a very vulnerable person. Let's just say I need a good characterization of an overpowered person :)

5. orangethegreatorange

orangethegreatorange Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm, then you might like Trash of the Count’s Family as well, if you haven’t read it yet. Mc is more human than Jin-Woo for sure and he gets op later on.