Recommendations Novels that has smart/evil/selfiss Mc with good plot.

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Aindorin, Feb 20, 2020.

?

Wich one of this is a better mc

1. Li Qi Ye (Emperor's Domitation)

24 vote(s)
    10.6%
  2. Leylin (WMW)

49 vote(s)
    21.6%
  3. Yun Che (ATG)

11 vote(s)
    4.8%
  4. Fang Yuan (Reverend İnsanity)

122 vote(s)
    53.7%
  5. Ainz Ooal Gown (Overlord)

45 vote(s)
    19.8%
  6. Tanya (Youjo Senki)

42 vote(s)
    18.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Aindorin

Aindorin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I ussualy hate characters who transmigrates because they are ussualy just go with the bodys family and accept them as his/her own. I don't like most characters who is giving value to thing called "honor" that is just a shacle on most cases.
    I can't immanige how much I will get cancer from a girl who is trying to protect a guys honor.

For me It's a new life. She shouldn't need to do anything for that man at all.

House of horror is very popular and have a good quality I guess. I will check it.
    Apocalypse Meltdown seems nice.
    I can't check the others right now but I will look when I have time for them.

Thanks.

FIEND and sonido like this.
  2. Randomnames

Randomnames New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Your problem with fixed immortal travel gu depends on how fixed immortal travel works. If Fixed immortal travel gu's effect work off of the capacity of the apurture, it isn't a plot hole. If it just has a limit on dao marks it is a plot hole. The main problem here is that not enough is known about how it works to say if it's a problem or not.

I don't understand where your claim that the righteous clans don't get help for their tribulations. Throughout the story there are multiple instances where this happens. As for your thoughts on how every tribulation should be easy based on numbers I would say that it depends. If heavens will doesn't increase the difficulty based on the strength of the party opposing the tribulations, you would be partly correct. A immortals apurture is a very private thing that many would feel unwilling to show others. Your idea for boosting a clan to rank 8 as fast as possible is stupid. The fact that these new rank 8s lack tons of experience, resources, and time means they would just be a money sink and die later on, that isn't even with bringing up that I'm pretty sure only fang yuans immortal aperture goes that fast. Your point about old rank 6 immortals being impossible to exist is retarded, if you advance to rank 6 while old you don't become young.
    I don't remember him spending thousands running away from a group of rank 7s, but if it did happen it still depends on the gu he had at the time, the gu the enemy has at the time and the terrain. The consumption of immortal essence isn't a plot hole either. The usage of immortal essence depends on how much a immortal killer move/immortal gu costs to use, and how often it is used. While he was rank 7 most of his fights were against large groups or rank 8s. Most gu immortals don't fight 1v4 or against someone a rank higher then them, if I remember correctly most of them barely fight as it costs a large amount of money. You also have to remember that 1 stone doesn't mean 1 essence. At rank 8 10000 stones is 1 essence. Most immortals can rely on their natural generation of immortal essence much more than fang yuan can, because they fight much less than him. The reason why day, month, and year gu sells well isn't explained, but you seem to have forgotten that this is only 1 of many different businesses he owns.

The reason that the land spirit haggled with fang yaun over a few stones can simply be put down to him not liking fang yuan. The wormhole as you called it was installed most likely because the cost would add up over time.

Rank 7 beasts aren't trash. I don't know where you got that from, but a rank 7 would be able to suppress a group of rank 6 immortals alone. That isn't useless.

Reverse flow didn't get nerfed. You seem to think that the water he lost in a fight would just magically refill after he finished. The comment about him losing 15% of the water from what I remember was based off of what he had left. As for time cutting edge I don't see what you mean.

How is it cheap to say that heavenly court having a deep foundation that spans 3 million years explains their power? How are they not taking fang yuan seriously? They've been constantly on his tail the entire time. That's with taking in the fact that he could be fucking anywhere at any given point in time. He can teleport across regions, walk through the region walls unharmed, and can hide his traces to the point that the strongest wisdom path immortal in the world has trouble finding him. Honestly they've done a fantastic job for the enemy they're fighting, and that's without taking into account the fact that they are planning a war against every region.

Last edited: May 6, 2020
  3. Ancient_Moon_God

Ancient_Moon_God New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I like your taste man I was going to recommend Reverend Insanity but it seems you've already read it another story I world recomend is Lord of the Mysteries it pretty good

CuteLoli99 likes this.
  4. Ancient_Moon_God

Ancient_Moon_God New Member

Reading List:
    Link

5. Aindorin

Reading List:
    Link
    Well I hate arguing on a fiction story because every time there will be some guys who will support the unreasonable things.
    I mean there is still people who believes the earth is flat...
    And this novel is super a vauge one. If author can just say "There is a Rank 8 Ass Gas Immortal gu that gives the ability to look for the people who have farted and with that HC can find the Fang Yuan!!" And that would be perfectly fine since every gu can exist and HC can have it. I am sure there will be some guys who will like this and say "I mean this not a plot hole or HC is not an asspull."

An author who is posting this as a daily(even if it's not daily it's close) web novel can't realy has the time to perfectly balance everything.

It's like expecting a guy to run a super huge factory alone. It will be a mess.
    I am saying author is just bitting way more than he can chew. It is causing to plot holes on everywhere on the story.

Most of the things I said are points that author fucked up or decided to change.

About fixed immortal travel, that is a plot hole. You can't say it's worked on by size of the apertuats. FY used it just after he got it from HC without any killer move or anything and Fang Yuan's blessed land was big as grotto heavens when he was rank 7. He can even annex a rank 8 grotto heaven.

If it was about the size of the aperture, back then he shouldn't be able to used fixed travel.

And now he is rank 8. His grotto heaven must be way to big. Even with killer moves It would be too hard for him to use it if it was about the size of aperture.

The fixed travel is surely a plot hole and it's a cheap and huge one.

Author didn't want FY to use and run from everything and gave fixed travel to Heavenly court. Fixed travel would be too op in HC so author nerfed it. But instead of randomly nerfing it he could have gived to random gu immortal who have some wisdom path methots and say " Gu Immortal realised and crafted the fixed travel before HC or FY"
    Tada! now it's not in the hands on FY nor HC. Problem fixed without plot holes.

About rightous path they can realy group up and help each other on tribulations. They can wait until tribulation and then they can rush after tribulation started for helping.

Lastly, about immortals every single one them is fast and it's not like x2 or x5 even the most average immortals have like x15 x20 like time ratios. With that in mind 10 to 20 year will be max life span of a rank 6 immortal if they don't have a time path methots and can't go rank 7. This world's system is not stable on these points.

And you know what? My feelings about HC is just like this. I am heavenly court! It doesn't matter what it is. Magic will always fix problems!!!
    You can look at this video. The God in here is HC in disguise.

Last edited: May 6, 2020
    sonido likes this.
  6. JrX

JrX Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If you want power hungry MC you should try Martial God Asura. I read through your rant about Yun Che. Now I also want to hear your opinion about Chu Feng.

7. Aindorin

Reading List:
    Link
    Hell no! My body can't handle a new cancer. I did't read MGA but I have friend who read half of it and I ussianly call that friend a junk box but he even couldn't handle the MGA shit.

Btw you didn't read anything at all about my rant on Yun Che. I can shit talk about him all day without stop. He is my number one shit characer. I don't want it to replace him with Chu Feng. :D So Fuck MGA man.

sonido and JrX like this.
  8. Randomnames

Randomnames New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What I meant when I said it might work based on the aperture was the capacity of a rank 6 aperture can't hold a higher rank without being placed. And a placed aperture can't be teleported by fixed immortal travel. I never brought up the size of the aperture. The capacity of an aperture can be seen from how fang yauns aperture couldn't hold the spring autumn cicada. Fang yauns aperture was able to carry a rank 9 immortal gu when it was dead showing the high capacity it had. If it worked on such capacity it would explain how the limits of the gu exist and why heavenly court doesn't use such a method to have access to its ability.
    I don't know what your point is when you say most rank 6 immortals would die in 10 to 20 years. Even if that was true, what's the point in bringing it up.
    Most of your post is barely readable and is filled with strawmen.

9. Aindorin

Reading List:
    Link
    Well my grammar and word knowledge at english sucks. I no where near to easily write without mistakes. I was rushing to write. I checkted and fixed a bit.

About fixed immortal travel before HC got it, it was able to teleport rank 8 gu immortal. If you asked where did I come up with that Blazing Heaven Demoness asked it from fang yuan so she can travel with it. At that point it was introduced like it can teleport rank 8 it's own.

sonido likes this.
  10. Randomnames

Randomnames New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It does look like that is a plot hole when it comes to blazing demoness.

11. mohamed420

mohamed420 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    wow, there are so many things wrong in your "plot holes" that its ridiculous:
    1)there was no instance of Fixed travel gu being directly used by a gu immortal with a rank higher than its rank, the trick was that Fy would use it himself but the gu immortals of a higher rank(7/8) would be in his dead aperture and this works because its a DEAD aperture and can handle the pressure of a higher rank for a LITTLE while before it explodes, but in heavenly court case they can't do that because they are rank 8 and they can't refine Fixed travel gu to rank 8 because they lack enough immemorial glory light(or something) and they can't use the trick Fy use because if they entered a NORMAL(not dead) rank 7 aperture it would immediately explode and they can't use a zombie because they are against them because of fate.as for why Blazing Heaven Demoness asked for it, its obvious that she would do the same as Fy considering her being the leader of northern plains zombie alliance.
    2)other than the fact that helping gu immortals in every tribulations would eventually produce useless young masters that can only rely on their sect/clan, the biggest reason that righteous rank8 gu immortals do not raise gu immortals continuously is because the clan/sect can't f*cking afford it because once they raise gu immortals in rank they need more resources to feed their gu/refine gu/test out killer moves .. and here is the concept that you don't seem to understand: every clan/sect have a LIMITED amount of resources they can produce from their resource points and if they want more then they need to expand their territories but the same concept also applies to each region, every region also has a limited amount of resources so thats why there is a fixed amount of gu immortals of each rank and all of this was already explained in the novel for example: in V1 it was shown that the higher ups of the clan don't want for the people below them in the hierarchy(rank1/2) to easily reach rank 3 and thus dump more missions on them.why? because once they reach rank 3 they need to give up some of their authority and resources because there is a LIMITED amount of it. another example would be the plan to slaughter gu immortals in central continent that was brought up in a immortal crane sect gu immortals meeting in V4 and this also was also because there are too many gu immortals in central continent and not enough resources. and don't go ahead of yourself, there is a reason why there is only 10 rank 9 in history.
    3)your point about the time path methods is dumb, while time path is rare there are a few in each reign. and how do you think these time path gu immortals earn resources/money? they offer their services to other gu immortals such as slowing the time inside and thus building connections and that's why Tai Bai Yun Sheng was so rich compared to other rank 6s
    4)he was using 100s of immortal essence only because he was only against 1-2 gu immortals and the fights were short because they didn't want to fight to the death thus only probing each other in V4 but in V5 he would be against a group of gu immortals/beast that would would go all out and the fight would be a long one . no he didn't use the 10 million "like using water" because if you paid attention (which now I am questioning if you do) he used them all to build resource points for his 50 IMMORTAL gu which is a F*CKING A LOT and resource points is not like feeding the gu once or twice, it produce materials periodically so this means after he built these 50 resource points he DOESN'T NEED TO BOTHER about feeding them forever again, thats why its so expansive to build these resource points.
    5) you seem to forget that super forces exist, which have MILLIONS in reserve.how? because they have the foundation of thousands/10 of thousands of years of development and the reserve of generation after generation of gu immortals which again leads to my point of why heavenly court is so op. you are seriously underestimating them if you think that a 10 million is too much for the WHOLE world to spend on year gu and to prove this to you, lets do some math, there are a minimum of 10 super forces in each reign so 10x5=50, lets say half of them bought year gu, Fy won 12 million from the sale of year gu , 12,000,000/25=480,000 which is a small amount considering that year gu is really useful and thats also under the assumption that only half of the super forces bought year gu and not more.and you also seem to forget that just because rank 8s have a few million doesn't mean they can't have more but don't need to because of how much rank 8 essence translate to essence stones, lets do some math again, 1 rank 8 essence=10,000 stones, 100 rank 8 essence = 1,000,000 stones and they at least produce 100 each year (gu world time) which means they produce the equivalent of 1,000,000 stones in a year and thats why they trade with immortal materials and not with stones because its useless to them unless its an emergency.
    6)lang ya spirit kept haggling with Fy because it didn't like him because Fy kept scamming him and no, just because Fy is always fighting the top of gu immortals and thus rank 6/7 beast feel useless to HIM that doesn't mean its useless in general , 1 rank 7 can kill most rank 6s .
    7)you again seem to forget that the reverse river doesn't recover on its own and the method that Fy have to recover it is extremely inefficient and it didn't suddenly drop to 15 percent just with one attack, it was the accumulation of many attacks of TOP rank 8s.
    8)what do you mean that time cutting edge is a plot hole, after you use it enough the method of doing it gets removed from the river of time which is the PHYSICAL MANIFESTATION OF TIME ITSELF.
    9)no, heavenly court didn't underestimate Fy they were always on his ass, its just that Fy kept hiding in apertures which block deduction without clues and also he had methods to protect himself for enough time to go in an aperture if he was in the outside world and the only reason why Fairy Zi Wei could finally deduce his location and then send a rank 8 after him is because Fy caused Dang Hun Mountain to explode in heavenly court thus she used Chen Yi's karma divine tree which is a killer move from a rank 9 after she failed to deduce him even after she got clues which was his brother and dark limit gu and no, Fairy Zi Wei took a lot of time to deduce the reverse river since she was working on it from the time it was exposed to the outside world and even then needed a rank 8 to still go and probe it and by the time she deduced it Fy already updated it which anyone can also do to their killer moves.
    in conclusion, either you skip chapters or have a low reading comprehension which after seeing your level of english I would not be surprised.

12. sonido

sonido Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    :DIt's not like those super forces do not use any essence stones...usually the bigger the force the bigger the consumption.
    Either the translator fucked up and it shouldn't be called deductions, because deductions suggest something backed by logic.
    But the Heavenly Court is just pulling stuff out of their hat..if they have clues on you, for example a bird which resisted your mind control or whatnot. How can this bird lead to the location of the mc? Or those soul lanterns. If something can trace back to you then you should be able to stop it. like smashing a computer, how can anyone trace your location from a mail you send to someone if u trash your pc and change locations? As long as u don't smash it you are traceable. So that whole thing, that as long as the soul lanterns arent smashed they can find him is kinda a nobrainer to me.Since those things are connected to him and can doxx him then he should definitely be able to do something against them from his side. And deducing killer moves and countering them...or creating killer moves without the right gus and substituting random shit gu for the same if not better effect.
    If i know how a weapon works does that make me immune to it? It's not like a killer move is a shitty pathogen and can be countered by some vaccine...And why is FY not able to counter Feng Jiu Ge s killer moves after experiencing them so often. This feels straight like ATG again...that Wen Tian Dumbass fighting Yun Che for 5 arcs...meanwhile Fairy Zhi Wei just glancing at YC(edit: meant FY, my bad :D) and deducing his shit.
    That whole fairy zi wei got too much traction I am hating her soo much already, dont they have anyone else to fight the mc?
    In the end she is gonna get slaughtered by the mc and the author is gonna introduce another way stronger enemy....and guess what it is probably also a senior who just woke up in HC!
    All in all if the mc were to change to a random new location, how could his old clues lead them to his new location?
    How can they deduce shit about him now and not before? You cant tell me a rank 6 or 7( probably rank 6) immortal dark gu was that op lol.
    What happened to those barriers which made it impossible/difficult?
    Just entering Lang Ya blessed Land without being there before,,,,because thats how fixxed immortal travel works....because yes HC deduced how it looks like or where it is....again out of their asses.
    And that rank 9 immortal fetus gu....why is it so shitty. There was such a build up for it, and yet it is such garbage. Mc taking his time fighting against rank 7 immortals. Cant even do shit against rank 8. Whats so special about that fetus gu? I dont see how spectral soul defeated HC in his first try. If the body is so shitty then not even his soul could have made the difference.

Last edited: May 9, 2020
  13. Aindorin

Reading List:
    Link
    Heh, it's funny how you blame me about my reading comprehension when you don't even know what was the thing I mentioned. Reverse flow river never dropped to %15.
    I am not good at writing and grammar but it doesn't mean I can't understand and comprehend something I read.
    Here is the line what I was talking about and you didn't clearly comprehend.

"He placed the immortals into the immortal aperture, and at the same time, he felt like a giant had landed a punch on his back, the huge force sent him flying like a cannonball, he lost fifteen percent of Reverse Flow River's water! The impact made Fang Yuan's head dizzy, he directly spat out a mouthful of blood."

You can see it's not dropped to %15 it's dropped %15 in one attack and you are explaning how it lost through time agaist many attacks from rank 8's.

and your reasoning is cleary wrong.
    "other than the fact that helping gu immortals in every tribulations would eventually produce useless young masters that can only rely on their sect/clan"
    How is a rank 8 gu master is a young master even he become rank 8 with help.
    The only reason Immortals need any resources&killer moves&Immortal gu is defending themself agaist both tribulation and other Immortals. And having rank 8 cultivation have just one con, tribulations and they can stall the tribulation with time path methods. Being a rank 8 you are producing 10000 times more immortal essence. You have tons of dao marks and because of that even a rank 8 gu Immortal who have only rank 6 Immortal gu will have hundreds of times more battle strength because of dao marks.

Having that many gu rank 7 rank 8 gu master who can help eachother in their tribulations they won't losse that much resources to since they can defend aganist a tribulation with 10, 20 maybe 50 man.

And lastly I didn't create this post to argue on R.I's plot holes. This argument will not go anywhere. So let's cut this shit out.

14. Aindorin

Reading List:
    Link
    Finaly some one who understands and not blindly defend a wrong thing :D

"And why is FY not able to counter Feng Jiu Ge s killer moves after experiencing them so often. This feels straight like ATG again...that Wen Tian Dumbass fighting Yun Che for 5 arcs...meanwhile Fairy Zhi Wei just glancing at YC and deducing his shit."
    He is countering a bit but it's just for show. He didn't get any readly impactfull deducions on him like HC did on him.
    and "meanwhile Fairy Zhi Wei just glancing at YC and deducing his shit." I guess you wanted to say FY not YC in here.

15. mohamed420

mohamed420 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    1) yes, they use immortal essence stones but they also have resource points which produce resources which they sell for a profit, so even if they use immortal essence stones they are still profiting
    2)the author made it abundantly clear that the deductions are supernatural and more like divination than logical deductions/investigations and in no way mentioned/alluded it to be otherwise so your point is moot (although I agree that the author/translator should have named it divination/clairvoyance)
    3)did you read my post? you seem to imply that Fy can't protect himself from deductions, which is obviously is just wrong which I already said in my previous post, but let me say it one more time, Fy CAN PROTECT HIMSELF from deduction as he was doing that from the start of V5 by having wisdom path methods such as dark limit gu and when these fail he would go in his own/others aperture to protect himself
    4)"creating killer moves without the right gus and substituting random shit gu for the same if not better effect" this is just a long way of saying to update/modify killer moves which Fy already did to the reverse river and other killer moves
    5)this is the dumbest thing I ever read in my life, killer moves are not like a weapon, they are an assembly of gu working together to do an effect and guess what? MOST GU HAVE A WEAKNESS/COUNTER, I can't believe someone read more than 1000 chapters of the novel and still doesn't understand this basic concept that the author repeated over and over again till I was sick of seeing it, so while its a lot more difficult to counter killer moves because they are a combination of multiple gu (which is an advantage over using immortal gu alone) it's still possible to do so. so your pathogen and vaccine analogy kinda fits and do not forget that these counters need to be of equal strength to the killer move to counter it thus you can't use a rank 6 killer move to counter a rank 8 killer move.
    6)"why is FY not able to counter Feng Jiu Ge s killer moves after experiencing them so often" are you up to the recent chapters? separation song was already countered by "Complete Silence" while submission song also was countered by modifying "Yama Child" while the others were useless in lang ya fight (only yang pass tune was useful for stalling time) and Fairy Zhi Wei doesn't "just glance" and deduce killer moves, it took her a long time to deduce the reverse river and by then Fy already modified it which I ALREADY SAID IN MY PREVIOUS POST.
    7)"In the end she is gonna get slaughtered by the mc and the author is gonna introduce another way stronger enemy....and guess what it is probably also a senior who just woke up in HC!" in order for Fy to kill her he would need to move past HC's defenses and break into HC grotto heaven and by then Fy would be stronger than any senior in HC, so no that won't happen
    8)"All in all if the mc were to change to a random new location, how could his old clues lead them to his new location?
    How can they deduce shit about him now and not before? You cant tell me a rank 6 or 7( probably rank 6) immortal dark gu was that op lol"
    again you seem to think deductions in these cases are logical investigation like in our world when in fact it is not, its supernatural and similar to witches that can divine someone's location by their hair or something.READ MY POST CLEARLY, fairy zi wei could not deduce Fy's location with the new clues (dark limit and his brother) because Fy made a stronger wisdom path method to protect himself and only got exposed because he blew up the mountain in their grotto heaven."What happened to those barriers which made it impossible/difficult?" it made it difficult for deduction without clues not to ones with clues.
    9)"Just entering Lang Ya blessed Land without being there before,,,,because thats how fixxed immortal travel works....because yes HC deduced how it looks like or where it is....again out of their asses." wtf, this was already explained ffs, 3 hairymen gu immortals were sent to relocate Fy resources from hu blessed land to lang ya blessed land in the start of V5 but one of them died and another disappeared and it turned out in chapter 1546, 500 chapters later that prince Feng Xian was the one who captured him and thus by soul searching him they would know the scenery inside lang ya blessed land and thus teleport there.
    10) what, how the f*ck is fetus gu that lets you defy fate is shitty?? it was impossible for Fy to achieve his dream without it, now it's possible.
    spectral soul could easily annex any aperture because he had great grandmaster attainment in every path and thus could rapidly devour apertures and reach rank 8 and ffs he didn't defeat HC, he could only infiltrate it and resist it.

Last edited: May 9, 2020
  16. mohamed420

mohamed420 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So I am going to assume that you understood why your illusionary plot holes that you didn't reply to are not actual plot holes.

1)You are right, I forgot the details and did not check the chapter to make sure so I apologize, but this doesn't change the fact that it is not a plot hole, your "plot hole" is that when Fy first made the reverse river killer move he could sustain it against multiple attack from rank 8s while now he could not do it against one, this to be honest seems like a plot hole at first but when you think about it for a second it is not a plot hole, think about it, the one rank 8 used his best offensive method to attack Fy, but the reverse river reflect all attacks to the enemy, then how could he use his strongest attack ? he was specialized in defense and had an amazing defensive killer move that combined food path, fire path, HUMAN path(which we never saw in a killer move before) so that’s why he could attack without holding back and that’s why I believe fairy zi wei chose him to be there. But the rank 8s in the other situation was completely different, they fought each other and weren’t united and most importantly is that they didn’t have an amazing defensive killer move to handle their reflected attacks so they didn't use powerful attacks because it would harm them before it would harm Fy.

2)Your argument still doesn’t make any sense, there are a few clans that have a rank 8 and they are considered top tier and these clans are wary of each other and other clans that have a rank 8 gu house, so its pointless to raise weak af rank 8s that could only bully rank 7s because its not going to help them against other rank 8 gu immortals/gu houses. Raising weak rank 8s for free like you are suggesting is a recipe for disaster, think about it, what is going to happen when the competent rank 8 die from lifespan/tribulation even after avoiding it to the limit by using time path methods (no one can help him pass the tribulation because the other rank 8 is weak af, and at most a clan has 2 competent rank 8s like the wu clan and even with 2 competent rank 8s it may not be enough)? Can the weak af rank 8s lead the clan? The answer is obviously no. lets give an example from the story: when Wu Du Xiu (the strong rank 8 female leader of wu clan) died, wu clan faced a lot of pressure from other clans despite there being another rank 8 (wu yong), why? Its because they thought that he was incompetent and only relied on Wu Du Xiu. Now we all know that turned out to not be true, but lets imagine it is, what would would happen then? Wu clan would have to surrender a huge portion of their resource points (even though there would be "justifications" for this) and lose a lot ,and in the story wu yong used a spy for his advantage, but if wu yong turned out to be a weak rank 8 young master then he may have been deceived by the spy. So in the end its not wise to give free stuff and authority because it will lead to disaster eventually. and do you really think that the weak rank 8s are going to do nothing when its time for their tribulation?no, some of them would want to have an actual rank 8 strength by taking resources from the clan which leads back to my point about limited resources.
    no, you can't just say lets end the argument when you are on the losing end, either you admit that what you said are plot holes are not actually plot holes or come up with better arguments for why they are plot holes.

FIEND likes this.
  17. sonido

sonido Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    1.)It is easier to spend money than to earn it, and them having to groom so many Gu Immortals from Rank 9 down and them being a righteous faction it shouldn't be that easy or else they would have dominated all regions already. At the same time i am not saying they are poor.
    2.)I still wouldn't call these deductions supernatural, rather total bullshit captures the essence definitely better.
    Even if it was divination, then how come these dumb-asses couldn't capture him till now. They know that a dream venerable will pop up way ahead of everyone but know nothing of a menace like Fang Yuan or Spectral Soul(who already defeated HC once)...
    3.) OFC he could protect himself at the time because he wasn't meant to be caught yet. Wisdom methods weren't buffed yet....
    It's like FY touched a rock and threw it into HC hands and now his ass is getting divined 24/7. Wisdom path is way too strong compared to any other path. And FY has a working rank 9 wisdom gu and a shit load of immortal gu and he is still helpless.
    5) no clue what u on about not like it s a gu formation
    6)since u like your facts so much then tell me how often FY fought that Dao Protector?
    He only countered him a bit in the last fight...Well he didnt even counter him, more like nullifying. Countering is something entirely different...
    Why do these dumb asses bother to fight anyways when they waste so much time and still are unable to defeat each other. Those elongated fighting scenes with no clear winner are exactly whats killing this novel. The author is soo stingy, wont kill any one from HC except for that old lightning lady and only after he exponentially increased his word count by letting her fight against the mc a thousand times...
    7) LoL, u sure u uptodate? That "Granny" left HC and attacked Lang Ya Blessed Land without her Chessboard. And Fang Yuan knew they were coming. He had a shit ton of clues. So he could have deduced she would come. And yet he still didnt kill her. And dont give me that bullshit that he cant kill a rank 9...obviously its difficult in a 1 on 1 but if he can fucking prepare...look up the word ambush.
    8) again he has the strongest wisdom path gu...how can they slap his ass?
    9) well my bad didn't remember that one
    in my defense i did read the first few arcs because it was a really great novel.
    evil mc....cruel mc.....count me in
    but then it became boring like really boring
    the mc stopped being cruel
    he was just a normal joe trying to get by
    so i dropped it
    and continued again later on
    so a few minor things got forgotten along the way
    but know that u mention it i think i remember there being smt like that...
    And yes only after he became the leader of shadow sect did he become cruel again
    and consequently the story interesting again!
    killing his fiance was too much even for me...killing her clan was fine but the girl herself is a bit too much if u ask me.
    anyways there are basically just a couple hundred chapters where the mc can be considered evil.
    the other 1000 chapters he is just haggling for benefits and trading with ppl.
    Back to that Lang Ya thing... didn't the spirit change the scenery of the blessed land tho?
    its not like the hairy men just disappeared without anyone knowing.
    And why did they invade only know. They invaded the northern region soo many times for benefits but dont care for a juicy lang ya land?
    10) defy fate my ass, how is he defying fate up till now? more like fate is f***ing him good.And again i am pretty sure he defeated HC, Spectral Soul that is. Well he would have/technically did. But the heavenly will sent FY though the cicada back in time to stop exactly that from happening. Even HC knows that Spectral Soul succeeded ones. It was mentioned multiple times. So your "ffs" is at best a final fantasy!

18. sonido

sonido Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    1) First Fang Yuan didn't make any killer move when old ancestor xue and that dog attacked the river. He was preparing to make one but he didn't yet. So the power of the river could only be lesser than later on when he had the reverse flow river seal.
    Even if they both didn't use their full strength do you think that rank 8 from HC used his full strength?He used more than the others but definitely not 100%. Are we arguing about the strongest spear or the strongest shield? If his defense is op then his attack must definitely be lacking compared to his defense...but lets hypothetically say it is like u say it is. So his best attack lowers the value by 15 %.
    Then by how much would the value drop when 2 old ancestors( xue is the strongest in the northern regions demonic path, and that dog is the steed of the motherfuc*ing immortal venerable) use half their strength to attack just once? Both of them?
    At least 5-10% and that's a low estimate. But these dumb asses didn't attack just once but multiple times.
    U think they are one shot immortals? After one round they cant get it up anymore? Everything is in favor of the river drying up!!! Don't talk your way out of this one.

And why was he able to move the river in the first place? You think u can just move a domain of heaven and earth because u wish to? the river wasn't modified by shadow sect. Like how dang hun mountain couldn't be restored originally.

FIEND likes this.
  19. Zeusomega

Zeusomega M.D of Olympus Pvt Ltd. Seeking [Boltzmann brain]

Reading List:
    Link
    A record of mortal's journey to immortality.

Only flaw is that it has fillers, and he is a bit kinder towards females and apathetic to males.

Birth of the demonic sword.

It's on web novel, but you can read <_<. Theres love but he isn't about to save her damsels ass... Yet idk if author gonna screw it later on. But the guy's pretty smart and pragmatic but the latest ones are quite changing. It's a good read.

Caree free path of dreams, by the same author of leylin, he pretty much brought all the world traversing thing and the dreamverse, it's pretty fun at start and then just bland like rubber later on, there's no new twist, he just keeps going to different worlds (western, eastern, alien, ancient eastern) a bit of nationalism.

Still in on the quest to find a good adversary for Fang yuan(RI), Han li came close but he is not as cunning and ruthless as fang yuan. The fang in careefree path of dreams comes even closer, but the guy never really had a difficult unbeatable situations so he might trip without his system.

Leylin was just a host for the Ai, ai is the mc and leylin is just a husk, so without it he'll be a cripple.

The one in birth of demonic sword is promising, he's ruthless and cunning enough, and he isn't with an inbuilt op at start, but he is still weak and childish, the latest chapters make it look like he hit puberty and is having a tantrum.

it's really hard to find any novel were the author is daring enough to write a calculative and no bars mc. I just wish there was a whole genre for evil mc(not the nuf tag). yup I ranted a bit I guess.

kingSlayer033 likes this.
  20. Zeusomega

Zeusomega M.D of Olympus Pvt Ltd. Seeking [Boltzmann brain]

Reading List:
    Link
    Couldn't have said it better.

But on his defence, the amount of time FY was in rank 3,4,5,6 is too much. Author did repeat many things, describing the same thing again after 10 chapters. You won't feel it if you read one at a day, but if you MTL and binge it's gonna ire.