Recommendations Novels that has smart/evil/selfiss Mc with good plot.

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Aindorin, Feb 20, 2020.

?

Wich one of this is a better mc

1. Li Qi Ye (Emperor's Domitation)

24 vote(s)
    10.6%
  2. Leylin (WMW)

49 vote(s)
    21.6%
  3. Yun Che (ATG)

11 vote(s)
    4.8%
  4. Fang Yuan (Reverend İnsanity)

122 vote(s)
    53.7%
  5. Ainz Ooal Gown (Overlord)

45 vote(s)
    19.8%
  6. Tanya (Youjo Senki)

42 vote(s)
    18.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. sonido

sonido Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The lengths you take to defend this novel is almost commendable, you wouldn't be the author by any chance, right?:D:D:D

I know most authors have it already tough enough, so most of the time I try to swallow down my disappointment, but sometimes I just need to let it out.

Should I add that I am 24, male and heterosexual, who isn't a shut-in, nor still lives with his parents and neither a virgin the next time I refute a recommendation so that OP can now that someone with this background might not like this novel?
    The novel is just bad. Why do you want to force OP-San to read it that much, he will most likely tell you how bad it was.

You could have argued how the beginning might have been bad but it changed later on...
    But the way you pretend the below citation isn't cringe or is a masterpiece is just too much.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    And by the way pretty sure cringe is the word I meant, how is that not clear? Or are you playing mind games with me?
    Cringe is when you can't continue doing what you are doing because it feels weird. Reading the below was too much I had to drop it and warn all my friends to not read this. I gave this book a chance. 2 in fact. I dropped it once before when his family disowned their 9-year-old son. Having nothing better to read I came back to it after a few months but this scene killed it for me, how can you say anyone enjoys reading something like this?

The MC enters a classroom. Gets mocked for being poor. Stands up for himself, and snitches to the headmaster with a recording of the situation. The girl who mocked him instantly gets expelled. The homeroom teacher walks in. MC says she is his 10/10. The author describes her beauty. Mc wants to marry her. Then the students tell the teacher how pathetic the mc was just now and that he snitched. The teacher says: "How pathetic.", everyone laughs with the teacher at the mc. The teacher corrects herself and says that everyone except for the mc is pathetic and holds this speech:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The class was still laughing, when Professor N. roared:

"Silence!!! When the shower of garbage ceased and order returned to the classroom, she spoke with a voice full of rage, her green eyes reduced to two fiery slits."I wasn't talking about him, but about you filthy maggots!"

'Or not!' Lith thought, surprised by that sudden turn of events.

She looked at the various groups of people all over the class, glaring at them with fury, while a green aura emerged from her body, making her robe move like she was amid a storm.

Her hands moved too quickly for the eyes to see. Even Lith's heightened senses could only perceive a blur. Suddenly, one of the guys that had thrown trash at L. was suddenly pulled toward N.

He was floating in mid-air, desperately holding his neck, gasping for air.

'Isn't that spirit magic?' L. thought, shocked. 'It closely resembles my Spirit Choke, I can barely spot any difference. Could she be a true mage too?'

"You b*stards!" She roared. "Do you have any idea what the likes of you pulled me through during my academy years?

Because I was a pretty girl and my father was just a lowly knight, you guys always tried to turn me into your plaything, harassing and molesting me every single day. But the worst abuse always came from my so-called 'girlfriends'."

Her hands moved again, pulling another of those who had thrown trash, but this time it was a fifteen-year-old girl, wearing heavy make-up.

"Always calling me a sl*t behind my back, spreading rumors and trying to lure me into traps to give their male friends the opportunity to 'have some fun'. And all that only because I was more talented than them, so they needed to 'put me in my place'.

"The only reason I am still alive and sane up to this day, is because I too took a Guilty Ballot!"

The two youths in mid-air had started to turn purple, their eyes shedding tears of fear and desperation.

"What's the matter?" She mocked them. "Aren't we just having fun among friends? According to your rules, might makes right. Not only am I a Professor at this academy, but I'm also an Archmage, which puts me at the level of an Archduke."

She looked straight into the boy's eyes, grabbing his throat and lifting him up with only one hand.

"That makes your father's Marquis title a joke. I could kill you right here and now, and then claim you tried to r*pe me. Not only would no one dare to doubt my word, but I could also ask for satisfaction, personally wiping out all your filthy family!"

She then did the same to the girl, her feet dangling in the air in search of support.

"And what about you, ugly b*tch? Why are you not laughing anymore? Why don't you go cry to your mommy, Duchess B.? I want to see her face when I rip your heart out in front of her eyes and make her eat it raw as an apology for being weaker than me!"
    Quoted from Webnovel, all credits go to that dumbass author. :notworthy:

MaybePotom and kingSlayer033 like this.
  2. Anothersummer

Anothersummer Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So what's the conclusion here?
    Has anyone found what they are looking for?
    Can somebody summarise it for me?
    (I guess only Dungeon Defense fits. I mean the writing there is pretty good)
    Sorry I didn't read much about the look comments lol
    Although I agree that Yun Che is a fucked up child, might as well make his first wife the new MC or just transfer her personality to him.
    Also Li Qiye have grown senile for living too long.
    Dunno much about the FY guy or something though..

3. joyshu

joyshu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    just read classroom of elite. it has a smart evil mc who only cares about himself and helps others simply because he doesn't want to go outside and escape from his father

4. FIEND

FIEND i eat crayons

Reading List:
    Link

Agreed
    Altho he didnt have a massice justice boner in the typical isekai bs hero sense. For instance when he spotted that damsel getting bullied he moved on saying it was her fault fimor not having the snitch tool
    But it felt..forced. it felt like the whole time the authir was forcing down our throats this antihero "edgy" steryotype of a manchild
    The whole school arc was just massive fucking cringe i just skipped that shit straight 20 something ch. Was getting a headache from his die hard fans who kept complimenting how "diff" it was from a normal isekai school troupe.
    It was just as bad, just edgier more pretentioys mc whos a know it all.
    If he truly wanted to avoid trouble hed have stayed even more low key as u said
    Like having the snitch ball infront of him the whole time the second he walked in class that way the 3 bitches at the start wid have had no balls to start their extremly cringey lines of so called bullying
    Author should have done more realistic bullying writing. If he went down the ostracizing secret whispering behind mc back to the point mc was hurt or wanted tk kill himself id have applauded the author. Instead my man took it down the cliche route everyone hoped hed avoid

Honestly MC was just forced pretentious and idiotic.
    The romance just makes it worse
    Author should take notes on 0 to hero hard working mc from Reverend Insanity.
    Ig he tried for a novice writer
    Better than some royal road watt pad fictions out there ig

Deleted member 89812 and sonido like this.
  5. FIEND

FIEND i eat crayons

Reading List:
    Link

My bad was confusing it with Warlock of Magus world where there is senseless fucking and harems
    the whole thing is bad

i agree with slight hipocracy and the not really a justice boner part
    but i think you are def undermining the amount of times the mc could have avoided situations and if he didnt want to stand out so much stop answering all the fucking questions like a know it all.
    in gen im sure most of us can agree that the school arc was beyond cringe

i think the boo hoo sob story was well done and not really cringey.In fact most of the people I talked to didnt even have an issue with that. Majority of the issues stemmed from the mc hypocracy and the extreme effort the author goes through the shove the "im edgy and broken and act like a know it all BUT I WANNA B LOWKEY" bs
    and ofc there is more but I get that u really like this story so I wont continue the argument

sonido likes this.
  6. sonido

sonido Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is it possible you are confusing Warlock of the Magus World with another novel?
    Harem and senseless fucking is the least thing that would come to my mind when thinking of it.
    You are literally describing Against the Gods:D

7. paramime

paramime Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    MC have only two girls in different places and there no R18 scenes. Are you misunderstanding something?

sonido likes this.
  8. FIEND

FIEND i eat crayons

Reading List:
    Link
    I prob am

sonido likes this.
  9. FIEND

FIEND i eat crayons

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh yr right fuck

sonido likes this.
  10. Fuzed

Fuzed Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey there!

I'm writing a novel that fits your bill perfectly.

It's still in the early stages but if you decide to start following it, you will definitely find something that you like!

It's called Occidendum and you can find it on a platform called Tapas.

Let me know if you happen to check it out ;)

sonido likes this.
  11. sonido

sonido Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    https://tapas.io/series/Occidendum
    Google can't even find tapas, lol.
    10 Chapters only? You call that early stages?:blobunsure:
    Well since you just joined I will go easy on you:blobowoevil_horns:
    But should you let DEEP hanging like that`? The poor guy gave you such a nice rating but u totally ignored him... prologue and chapter 1.....
    :D

Fuzed likes this.
  12. Fuzed

Fuzed Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you for taking a look (and going easy on me :blobmelt:)

DEEP is a beta reader of mine, so he already read everything before it even got released. I've thanked him on our community discord on multiple occasions and still do so to this day. Don't think that I don't appreciate my readers, I do. Very much so. :aww:

And yeah, I would call the 10 chapters early stages, but I will be updating regularly every Friday. If you decide to give it a read, I promise it will be worth your time. :blobowoevil_horns:

Once again, thank you and I wish you all the best!

sonido likes this.
  13. sonido

sonido Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thx, same to you.
    I was just joking:blobjoy:

14. Fuzed

Fuzed Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I thought so much but I just wanted to make sure ;)

15. sonido

sonido Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Rise and shine, rise and shine :blobhero:
    Let me revive this dying old-man-thread !
    I've read Legendary Mechanic now, it is okay.
    Very interesting at times, and sometimes less, but overall a decent read.
    Beggars can't be choosers after-all, right ? ;)

If u can ignore the fact that it is sometimes a bit cringe when it mentions how china used to be at the bottom of the ranking (briefly mentioned) before his "time re-wind", but now they get first place every time. Heck, even the runner-up is china, cause god forbid china must be first place or the author will be executed by Uncle Mao... Honestly what is the author so proud of, of the top of my hat I can't count a single Chinese pro gamer. It just feels weird.

MC is a total busybody. He interferes too much and most of the time his decisions are annoying to watch.
    He pretends to be ruthless and acts tough but in the end he still helps. Dude STFU and just help, nobody will think you're less suave for it.

All the beautiful females who are big shot characters in his past life which "happened" to join his team....feels like a total harem without R-18 scenes or any romance at all.

The MC walks around randomly, stumbles upon a random guy who happens to be bullied. That random dude also happens to be a future legendary character. So MC offers him to join his Group, and everyone shuts up and is amazed at the loser getting recognized like that.
    If that happened once it would be fine, but this repeats quite often. To the point I ask myself, motherfucker Han Xiao where da fuq where u when I got bullied in school. :blobsnow:

Oh, and before I forget it, that whole luck thing the MC has going for himself is utter bullshit, and unrealistic.

But other than that it is quite good. Nowhere near WMW tho, not that it has to be since it caters to a different audience.

So have you found another GEM like WMW by now?:cookie:

MaybePotom likes this.
  16. Despapa69

Despapa69 Revered 17 Syllable Sage

Reading List:
    Link
    He has so many rape victims though. It gets old soon

17. FIEND

FIEND i eat crayons

Reading List:
    Link
    I made a whole ass list for this

18. FIEND

FIEND i eat crayons

Reading List:
    Link
  19. harlyboy58

harlyboy58 New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The MC is not completely selfish but he only care about 1 person

High Tech System
    its free on webnovel so you can check it out there

20. Rowem

Rowem Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    late to the show but
    check out Regressor Instruction Manual
    MC is very manipulative but it doesn't come across as edgy at all and the story is absolutely hilarious