Recommendations Novels Truly Similar To Martial World

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by cosmicv1, May 5, 2023.

1. cosmicv1

cosmicv1 Member

Reading List:
    Link

1. Hey, I really need some help. Honestly, at this point, do anyone have any novel truly like Martial World?

And I don't mean something in a similar vein but is nothing alike martial world apart from it being in the same genre. Because I've come to realize that all of these cultivation novels are either too similar, with the trash background or cripple, or some revenge plotline, not my interest, or just boringly slow. I know some people may still say that Martial World is no different from others, but I read through this novel many times and the way martial world unfolds is truly seperate from others in the same genre.

What I want is a Ling Ming character. A truly determined character, with a serious and straight forward personality. Like he wants to pursue the martial dao, not strength. Many other Mcs of this genre either wants revenge, to protect their love ones, to become supreme or some other goal that needs direct power.

But Lin Ming only pursue the martial way, strength simply comes with it. As he said in the very first chapter, Lin Ming took a deep breath before speaking out in a slow yet powerful tone. “Zhu Yan, I am not your match in terms of talent, I am even less so in terms of family support. However, the cultivation of martial arts does not depend only on talent and financial support; there is an even more important factor… the heart of a martial artist!”

“Your cultivation of martial arts is done for the sake of wealth, status and vanity. However, my cultivation of martial arts is done for the sake of pursuing the Martial Way. The Martial Way does not exist for those with talent, it does not exist for those with authority and it does not exist for those with money. It exists for those whose heart beats for the sake of martial arts! There will come a day when I will surpass you!”

This is what I like. The martial way does not equal strength. The martial way is a purpose that Lin Ming wants from his soul. Even his childhood friend hardens him, instead of some boring romance as it said, Before Lan Yunyue had left him, Lin Ming had already made the decision to break through into the Pulse Condensing Stage and pursue an even higher realm of martial cultivation. The current Lin Ming was no different. If he still had any doubts before, then Lan Yunyue’s act of leaving him had hardened his resolve towards the Martial Way.

And also, these novels need to have a truly powerful mc with a great growth. I'm so fucking sick and tired of cultivation novel having mc being described as geniuses, and yet their combat prowess can barely skip one major realm. Their cultivation are so slow and combat prowess so small that causes them to always get chased by elders or higher figures. And or have an enemy that gets focused on for so many chapters which gets tiresome.

Lin Ming combat prowess went from skipping stages, to one major realm, to two major realms even in the god realms. Even as a Divine sea cultivator, he was stronger than Divine Lords. Even as a Divine Transformation, he was stronger than Holy Lands. He was greater than world kings as an divine lord. And even as an empyrean, he was stronger than so many true gods. His foes are rarely far beyond his level that'll take hundreds of chapters to ever reach. There's a consistent pace that Martial World has with its foe and truly display Lin Ming amazing prowess.

For example, in the first arc, there was no bullshit young masters Lin Ming had to deal with or annoying ass elders wanting to kill him. His enemies were Wang Yihago, Zang Cang, Zhu Yan, and Zhang. These were his only foes and nobody else tried to kill him, and it was very satisfying when he does beat them. Ouyang was introduced after his fight with Zhang, but Lin Ming went on a journey to have enough strength to kill him, not allowing that Ouyang to last hundreds of chapters.

Basically, I want an Mc with powers that can dominate like Lin Ming. And it shows the process of how Lin Ming works himself to death to be able to always win over his enemy. I honestly don't care that it's just wish fulfillment or a power fantasy. I absolute love that Lin Ming alone took on the entire Saint Race. Only he could push back the Saint before the war erupted. And complete dominate them, Astral Vault and Soaring Feather after the war started.

And please, for any novel suggest, can it be in a similar writing style as Martial World? The writing style in martial world is true satisfaction. Lin Ming is doubted, but he never bullshits with anyone. There's no tiresome melodrama romance, or jealously or any other bothersome elements. There is no boring as bantering, or an annoying large focus on side characters. And Lin Ming is an enjoyable character in this style as he completely focused in any situation. I just need something that capture martial world writing style, everything is spoken with a purpose without any bullshit.

As an example, I like short and sweet interactions like this,
      “Lin Ming, I guess that you want to go alone, but… hehe, Master has specifically asked me to go together with you.” Behind Lin Ming, Mu Qianyu naughtily winked. Lin Ming’s strength was still far from being able to match someone at the Revolving Core realm. If he went alone, this world might be too dangerous for him.

“Going with Senior-apprentice Sister Mu is also good.” Lin Ming smiled. Even if he gave all the lucky chances he found to Mu Qianyu, he wouldn’t care at all.

“Mm, let’s go. I don’t know where the Demon God Imperial Palace is, so let’s head towards the center of this world first.”

“Okay.”

The two of them flew forwards. < To the point without any bothersome fluff.

Also, I really want it to be a detailed martial cultivation society, where you know, martial cultivators wants to pursue the martial way. As in martial world, despite it being an classic xiania, there's rarely, if ever bullshit young masters. There is only great young geniuses competing against each other for their martial path.

As also stated by the novel, Those that walked the path of martial arts were doomed to face countless perils and dangers. An ordinary genius from a fourth-grade sect could challenge those with a higher cultivation than them, eventually they could become an extreme Xiantian Master.

This was the road that martial artists had to take. Although it couldn’t be said to be taking the entire world as an enemy, a martial artist would inevitably run into increasingly formidable adversaries. One had to step on their corpses to walk forwards, or otherwise be stepped on by them instead, dying and paving the road for them.

The Great Dao was like a vast moat; only the brave would find victory!

But how about higher? Could this ordinary genius ever compare to the mighty elders of the Realm of the Gods?

In the Sky Spill Continent alone, geniuses were as numerous as the clouds. But in this universe, there were many worlds that were just like Sky Spill Continent; the number of talents could not be estimated simply.

With so many talents, some were born into fourth-grade sects, fifth-grade sects, sixth-grade sects, or even Realm of the God’s sects or Holy Lands. They had unimaginable resources and materials to cultivate with. They were probably thrown into a miracle medicine jar after being born too. Growing up like this, they also had access to the best cultivation methods, and in the Holy Lands of the Realm of the Gods, the cultivation methods they studied weren’t any different to his own!

In addition to these geniuses that were born into unfathomable backgrounds, there were many talents that underwent all sorts of adventures and had experienced all kinds of fortuitous encounters. In the world they lived in, they were the main characters!

With so many people, how many had truly reached the peak of martial arts? <This is what I also love about martial world. A deadly society where it's both glorious and damning. It's a society that is very consistent and honestly fascinating to me to see. I rarely see other cultivation novels go into detail on just why they want to cultivate or what it means to be a martial artists.

But also, it doesn't have to be strictly a cultivation novel. As long as the novel fits what I want from above, I'll read it. It can even be a fanfiction, just as long as it fits what I want.

2. Daresan

Daresan Well-Known CN Master

Reading List:
    Link
    Martial world is okay novel, It was my first cultivation novel i read way back. I am guessing you are begginner so i would recommend these novels

1. I Shall Seal the Heavens (7/10)
    2. Renegade Immortal(7/10)
    3. Coiling Dragon(6/10)
    4. Desolate Era (6.5/10)
    5. Stellar Transformation(6/10)
    6. Swallowed Star (6.5/10)
    7. Legend of Ling Tian(6/10)
    8. A Will Eternal(7/10)
    9. Wu Dong Qian Kun(5/10)
    10. Combat continent(6.5/10)
    11. Pursuit of truth(7/10)
    12. A record of mortals journey to immortality ( personally recommended as it is grandfather of all cultivation novels)(8/10)
    13. Library of heaven's path(6/10)
    14. 40 millenium of cultivation(?)

For refined taste
    1. Lord of Mysteries(10/10)
    2. Reverend Insanity(10/10)
    3. My House of Horrors(10/10)
    4. Trafford's trading club(9/10)
    5. Cultivation Chat Group(10/10)
    6. Nighfall(9.5/10)
    7. Way of the Devil(9/10)
    8. Warlock of the Magus World(8.5/10)
    9. Zhu Xian(9/10)
    10. Release that Witch(9/10)
    11. Chronicles of Primordial Wars(9.5/10)
    12. Superstars of tommorrow(9/10)
    13. The First Order(9/10)
    14. Death sutra(8.5/10)
    15. Doomsday Wonderland(8.5/10)
    16.The Legendary Mechanic(9/10)
    17. Devil's Cage(9/10)
    18. 48 Hours a Day(9/10)
    19. Reincarnation paradise(9/10)

Last edited: May 5, 2023
    Hs9644 likes this.
  3. Renzy

Renzy 『⚓』『JackOfAllTrades』『7years』

Reading List:
    Link
    I cant see
    Battle Through the Heavens
    Tales of Demons and Gods

You should never missed these

4. Daresan

Reading List:
    Link
  5. cosmicv1

cosmicv1 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, I already read Reverend Insanity, Zhu Xian, only liked Reverend Insanity. The rest of those novels don't have any interest in reading. I already said that I ready plenty of these novels, and I'm looking for specific recommendations truly similar to martial world. None of what's here fits what I'm looking for. I reread martial world plenty of times and I can say for sure none of these novels are similar to martial world at all.

6. Daresan

Reading List:
    Link
    Then read

True Martial World

7. cosmicv1

cosmicv1 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Couldn't get into this one. There's something about this one that just doesn't capture the same feel as martial world.

8. Daresan

Reading List:
    Link
    You should read iet novels, They are very close to martial world. Desolate Era for example is very good and has same kind of feel, i would say it is much better as well. The grandness and scale is simply mind boggling, i consider it to be greatest iet novel

9. Renzy

Reading List:
    Link
    I wouldnt trust NU ratings.. TDG and BTTH are one of the top popular grossing novels.. they even have anime adaptations and live action.. didnt you notice those high rated novels are mostly YAOI? they are the ones who rated low on popular novels

10. cosmicv1

cosmicv1 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'll check this one out. I did read Lord Xue Ying and absolutely loved the beginning and the middle. Though, towards the end, it got kind of dull to me.

Daresan likes this.
  11. Daresan

Reading List:
    Link
    I am talking from personal experience, I dont look at nu ratings at all

12. Renzy

Reading List:
    Link
    Chronicles of Primordial War i would say would be the most unique that no other novel could copy.. i give it 11/10

Daresan likes this.
  13. Hs9644

Hs9644 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I like your taste of novel

Daresan likes this.
  14. Daresan

Reading List:
    Link
    Have you read Lord of Mysteries, My House of Horrors, Reverend Insanity or Trafford's trading club? If you haven't then dive right in, They are the most unique novels here in nu along with chronicles of primordial war

15. Renzy

Reading List:
    Link
    I dont like psychological or full of mystery... i prefer kingdom building and apocalypse more.. but always looking for similar novel like chronicles of primordial war but could never find it.. the tribal thing hooked me.. and with his pets more like companions

But i could binge read lord of mystery.. i heard lord of mystery 2 already started

16. White Dragon

White Dragon Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Try 'Martial Peak.'
    'God of Fishing.'
    'World's best martial artist.'
    Renegade Immortal.
    I Shall Seal the Heavens.

These are Slightly different genres, but mc might be your type:

Top tier providence, secretly cultivate for a thousand years.
    Astral pet store.
    Fey evolution merchant.
    Gate of god.
    Black Tech Internet Cafe System
    A valiant life.
    Rebirth of the godly prodigal.
    Super god gene.
    Spare me, great lord.

The following ones are not so good compared to the previous few mentioned but better than trash translation these days:
    Let me game in peace.
    Legend of futian.
    Strongest Abandoned Son.
    Returning from the Immortal World after 10,000 years.
    Ancient Godly Monarch.
    Sovereign of the Three Realms.

Last edited: May 7, 2023
  17. cosmicv1

cosmicv1 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I read several on this list and really disliked the writing style of three realms, ancient god and Martial Peak. Just didn't connect to the ways they wrote their MCs and each of them have such slow combat growth and have to deal with so many bullshit young masters. None of them as entertaining to me as they way martial world is written and Lin Ming's personality. As for the rest, nothing really looks all that interesting to me. I don't really like novels with the comedy tag, that kind of writing style is heavily different from martial world.

18. Daresan

Reading List:
    Link
    Mate tbh martial world is below par novel you will understand what i mean soon. Maybe at the beginning it is good but after few hundred chapter higher realm after higher realm, Girl after girl it is really shit novel.

Just have open mind and try Warlock of the Magus World, Its completely different novel but you will love it.

Or try my disciples are all villians, History's number one founder, Mc are sect master and are Op as fuck

19. cosmicv1

cosmicv1 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I read realm in the firmament, Grasping Evil, Chaotic Sword God, Dragon-Marked War God, Invincible conquer, history number one senior brother, Sovereign of the Three Realms, Emperor Domination, Martial God Asura, Martial Peak, against the god, Reverend Insanity, world destroying devil emperor, nine evolution true spirit, legend of the great sage, Womanizing Mage, long live the summons, eight desolate sword god, extreme eternal demon, eternal master and other novels off mtl sites. Western novels does not interest me, read them and nothing capture my interest. There are some Japanese light novels I do like, but none of them capture the xianxia feels as these chinese web novels does. There's only really a handful of manga I liked, but they far differ from chinese novels. I already mentioned I read plenty of novels.

There is no other higher realms in martial world besides realm of god planes, or planes equal to the realm of the god. The asura road, soul god world and Demon God tomb are all just different universe that are at the very least on the same level as the realm of gods.

Girls do have the troupy beauty description other cn novels have. But Lin Ming only has allies that helps him. He rarely interacts with girls on a causal level compared to other novels that I read. Martial world is primary a cultivation novel, and Lin Ming literally barely has any friends besides the three from the holy demon continent. The only girls he had any longer interaction with was qin xunaguan, mu qianyu, yan little moon, mo eversnow, moxian, suya and sheng mei. And only Qin, Mu, moxian and sheng mei gets with Lin Ming and have romantic moments. None of the others have any. And all arcs stay focused on martial cultivation and the lives of martial artists.

And I can try warlock, though, IET novels similarly suits to my states. I'm just asking for novels with tastes to mines since I did try breaching out to others, but I simply like martial world styles of novels. I'm not asking for a good or bad novels, but a novel truly similar to martial world. That's what my suits my tastes the best.

I did read history number one founder and really liked it. And Desolate Era and Lord Xue Ying are also pretty good.

Daresan likes this.