Recommendations Novels you found fun to read

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by TotallyNotAnAlien, Sep 23, 2019.

1. TotallyNotAnAlien

TotallyNotAnAlien Not an alien!

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you, I'll pick up Practical Guide to Evil. I wasn't sure how to navigate on the site it was on previously, but I finally figured it out after taking a longer look.

Thank you, I'll check out The Earth is Online when I'm free. I'll assume the scenes are not explicit and trust you on it.

Great novel, I've had the pleasure of reading it before. Had to completely turn off my brain though, for my mortal mind wouldn't be able to handle it otherwise.

As for the remaining recommendations, I've completed most of them. Thank you all for the recommendations.

2. zhainan2157

zhainan2157 『Villager No.2157』『Kawaii Connoisseur』

Reading List:
    Link
    Cultivation Chat Group is my favorite and I just never get tired of the comedy in that novel. Even though a lot of the same type of jokes get repeated in the novel, somehow I just never get tired of it.
    There is no drama in there, there is nothing that will make you ponder deeply about and distract you from your daily life. It’s just a good novel that makes you laugh a bit every time and brighten your mood a bit. That’s what I love about it and why it is one of the few novels I haven’t dropped even though I have been following it for so long.

Edit: also for me, I’m very critical of MCs and their decisions which causes me to drop a lot of novels. Every time I disagree with something(s) that the MC does, I usually end up dropping it. But in CCG, no matter what the MC does, even if it was a mistake I would normally criticize, it somehow doesn’t matter to me in this novel. That’s why I think CCG is one of those novels everyone needs to read a little of everyday to brighten their moods.
    Thank you for reading my ramblings. I’m typing so much rn because I’m trying to procrastinate and distract myself from an exam coming up in a few hours...

3. Ratatoskr

Ratatoskr [Aruruu's proud dad] [The False Gentleman]

Reading List:
    Link
    On the top of my head, probably Nightfall and Lord of the Mysteries. Both, for me, are really good.
    Sharing with fellow being is carin..wait a minute, aren't you Paul? Go home man.

4. TotallyNotAnAlien

TotallyNotAnAlien Not an alien!

Reading List:
    Link
    Er, who is this Paul you are talking about? Sounds like a name for a really handsome person.

Thank you both for the recommendations, but I'm already reading them. CCG is also one of those novels I really enjoy reading for similar reasons.

5. Ophis_Trihexa

Ophis_Trihexa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If your okay with fan fiction,
    The catalyst for revenge
    A mass effect story diverges after the first game 155 chapters with biweekly releases. Story is about humanity becoming reapers and dominating lesser species across multiple galaxies. Quality is a lot higher than your standard Chinese clone novel.

6. nightcore34

nightcore34 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Absolutely not. While it isn't a happy-go-lucky novel it's not dark either. More like 'life is tough'. Still a good short read though.

7. VenRayne

VenRayne Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  8. SerialBeggar

SerialBeggar Hate your family? Got no friends? Gimme your stuff

Reading List:
    Link
  9. Raneday

Raneday Not Rane

Reading List:
    Link
  10. S4TY4

S4TY4 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2019
  11. disagreeable

disagreeable Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You can find all of these in Royalroadl. Sorry, I cant link. New account

Though the Heavens Should Fall

A well written Xianxia novel by a respected and experienced author. First of all its not a chinese novel, the guy who wrote this is Canadian. He put an interesting spin to the Xianxia Genre. (I do recommend you to skip the prologue untill you caught up to the latest chapter)

The Iron Teeth
    A high fantasy story about a goblin. No rpg elements

Street Cultivation
    A modern xianxia story. The MC is weak at the start. He does not get a free power up. He does not become OP in the end of the first book. But by the end of the it he has grown a lot and made progress to the path of immortality.

Mother of Learning
    If you havent heard of it you have been missing alot. Its a slow start so please give it a change before you decide.

Delve
    LitRPG with MinMaxing protagonist

The Scourged Earth
    You going to love this

Supervillainy and Other Poor Career Choices
    Set in a superhero world. A normie (no superpowers) tech genious made a poor career choice that pushed him deep to the world of villains and heroes.

Life of Numbers
    Set in a world where people have numbers (stats) printed in their arm. One day their numbers reset to zero and monsters started to spawn. Chaos happens (There are No Levels)

A Hero's War
    Guy was dumped in a fantasy world besiege by monster. So he kickstarted the magitech industry. Wait, dont leave its not written by a japanese beta. The uplift was done well and MC is not the absolute authority and source of the developments.

Super Science & Fast Romance (Complate)
    Its a scifi story about the ludicurous neer future. You are either love or hate this. Its a fun read just dont take it too seriously

A Game of Villain
    Villain protagonist! Not that it matter much as everyone is out for themselves

Bitter (VRMMORPG, Hiatus)
    A teenage girl plays a VRMMORPG

A Dragon Gnawing Its Tail
    Emperor Krystfallen, the fabled First Dragon Emperor, awakens in secret five hundred years after his purported death. Legends speak of the great sacrifice of the First Emperor who offered his life to defeat the Blight Incarnate and the Blighted Multitude that threatened to consume the continent of Forkspear.

But legends couldn't be further from the truth.

Getting Hard (VRMMORPG, MinMaxing, Tank, Abanddoned)
    Herald Stone had a dream. A dream to become unkillable in an MMORPG. He was one of the top tank players in the MMORPG he was playing but due to an unfortunate event, he had to give up playing.

Twenty years has passed since he had that dream. Through the years, he has attained success through his hard work and genius and became a respectable lawyer. Who would care about a childish dream like being unkillable in a game?