NTR in novels

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Crimshine, Mar 26, 2016.

?

Would you like netorare in novels

1. Yes

17 vote(s)
    11.6%
  2. No

93 vote(s)
    63.7%
  3. I'm a Giraffe so I don't care

36 vote(s)
    24.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ruki

Ruki Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I read someone mentioned Alice.
    Based on my understanding about that episode of hers. She fell from Kalan's trap which he devised with the help of his family's connections.
    They put Alice's father in a huge debt then made Alice run to Kalan asking for help. Which in turn made Alice thought that Kalan will always be there for her unlike Linley who she can only meet once or twice a month.
    So in a sense that was an ntr.
    P.S: I like ntr but not those hardcore ones like... Ah forgot the titles. XD

2. SilverTap

SilverTap Teenage Hand Model

Reading List:
    Link
    Is CD NTR? :D

3. ln_

ln_ All hail Master Roshi

Reading List:
    Link
    I think Alice remained a virgin for her whole life. To accuse her of NTR is just ... ... sigh!

Anyway, at this rate people would start saying Immortal God Emperor and Martial world are also NTR. Come on people, break-ups no matter what are not NTR.

I actually feel more irritated at excessive harem building (like Yun Che is going too far). I mean harems are well and good if all parties involved know and accept it (like sevens and Mushoku Tensei). Even NTR of Mushoku Tensei (ofcourse it was due to the curse) is pleasant in its own way. But Yun Che (ATG) got a woman pregnant behind the backs of his other lovers.. its far more serious and hurtful and he is not the least bit apologetic of such actions.
    He takes his chance to grope other women etc despite having several official wives. If this was a behavior of women, you would all be crying foul and hurtful.

4. Ruki

Ruki Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    NTR isn't just about sex you know. When your lover was stolen from behind your back, that was NTR. It didn't matter if they really done it or not.

5. akki

akki [Ani's C☕ffee-mate #3] [Shady Merchant]

Reading List:
    Link
    yeah i don't like it. don't see why it exists

6. remy911

remy911 ┗|`o′|┛ Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't know about NTR in novels, but for some inexplicable reason, "adult works" with NTR is always super explicit... and hot.

But really, for me, it depends on how it's written. It has to make some sort of sense.

7. Zones

Zones Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    NTR is one of those things that is an auto pass. I learned my lesson a long time ago, never again.

8. thymee

thymee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    yes I would like ntr novel...

because of this i remember the first manga ntr i read initial d

9. NaM

NaM 『♔ Re dell'appostarsi』(The GentleMaN)

Reading List:
    Link
    It was fine at first but then I've read "Little Lee's flying dagger(wuxia)"(well i like the story atleast and i rate it 5/5 only dislike the Ntr part) and it stir my emotion and somehow imagine myself beating up the female(Ntr woman) for always betraying the lovestruck 2nd male Mc time and time again.

Since then I also lose courage in reading the "A step into the past"(hope I get the name correct) although people say it's good..

10. dhark801

dhark801 [Malicious Malificarcium] [Dark Mistletoe]

Reading List:
    Link
    Otomedori anyone?

11. Vincent1873

Vincent1873 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That's pretty much what I take NTR to mean. The MC having his girlfriend stolen by someone. Whether they had sex or not is irrelevant to me. Anyway I was more making a point. I don't care if the MC loses his girlfriend as long as he moves on in life and finds someone else. NTR can certainly add an entertaining bit of drama if it's done well. I think the hatred of NTR is probably from people who believe in OTPs or people that want the MC to have all the girls.

12. A1C1

A1C1 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    my first imperession about NTR was people sex with others behind or in front of their lovers.

13. ABMAINA

ABMAINA ★☆☆☆☆

Reading List:
    Link
    See the thing is NTR could result in really good character development if handled properly but I've yet to see that and most "NTR" works are not actually NTR it's usually us, the readers, who make the assumption that the MC will most definitely end up with a girl who has an introduction longer than a few sentences if anything it's more
    'Ship-Sinking' than NTR

14. Eternal Liar

Eternal Liar [Forever Alone Sect Founder]

Reading List:
    Link
    Do you have any good NTR works to introduce then?

15. Deep

Deep NO TITLE

Reading List:
    Link
    NTR is a necessary evil u know it develop the characters and show the readers and mc the true face of women making them wary of future relationship especially the romance .It helps them to select good woman who doesn't cheat and loves only u.
    example is the JiNing from desolate era and the Ninelotus.I am sure JiNing will be wary with womens in future
    On the other hand it makes u feel bad both in the heart of the readers and mc

Eternal Liar likes this.
  16. ABMAINA

ABMAINA ★☆☆☆☆

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol no but I know it's out there kinda like how I've also yet to see a well handled harem novel but I know one definitely exists.

17. Eternal Liar

Eternal Liar [Forever Alone Sect Founder]

Reading List:
    Link
    That was actually very enlightening, i usually just thought of NTR used for the tragedy factor. Didn't know it had such depth to it.

18. Deep

Deep NO TITLE

Reading List:
    Link
    searching for NTR novels
    1. Martial world (medium)
    2. desolate era (low NTR)
    3. Mai Kitsune wife (low )
    and i have read a manga just now here http://www.mangatown.com/manga/tokyo_dted/

19. ABMAINA

ABMAINA ★☆☆☆☆

Reading List:
    Link
    IMO Ninelotus was the realistic one in the relationship she made her choices based on the bigger picture in regards to consolidating relations with affluent figures like when she told Ning that he should befriend Youngflame now so he'll have a good impression of you in the future.
    Meanwhile Ning was focuses on individual strength and power which from my point of view was totally childish I mean for second imagine of Ning was not the MC each of his decisions would probably had lead him to death.

So is Ninelotus bad girlfriend material? Yes. But is she a bad human being? No

20. Deep

Deep NO TITLE

Reading List:
    Link
    That doesn't change the fact that she wanted to use him and finally dumped him
    IMO what JiNing did was the good cause if he tried to befriend that flameguy for his own desires there is no difference between him and that snowmountian forgot that guy's name
    and finally flameboy was a bad guy so his decision was right I think and he is in the xianxia universe the power rules here only those who have power are right

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.