Feature Request Numerous chapter in NU homepage

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Bug Reports' started by Drake98, Apr 6, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Drake98

Drake98 Concerned Fan

Reading List:
    Link
    So, it got me wondering, in NU you would get your release on your homepage like this: If you see the above quote, you could see that there's two release of the same series. Why don't you just bound them together? This would improve further readability on NU homepage. Especially if its an international holiday where massive release of chapters are being done?
    For an example like this:
    The feature should be for the next thirty minutes of the previous release...
    whether the feature would be you click to collapse the chapters or new tab so you could choose a link, it would improve my readability for my reading lists or for a potential new series i'm interested in.

Thank you for reading these! I just hope to see better improvement on NU, i mean, to build NU together with you!

2. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    Would kinda remove the point of mass releases to attract new readers, wouldn't it?

3. Drake98

Drake98 Concerned Fan

Reading List:
    Link
    Now, i'm confused... Uhh, I thought that bundling them together is better? But now that you mentioned it, it seemed NG.

4. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    It would generally be good for novels that constantly release multiple chapters per day IMO, since that just clutters the release page.

But for novels that have mass releases, it is actually a bad deal... >.>

ZeroJAM likes this.
  5. runsing

runsing status : bleeding, health -10/s Novel Updates Staff

Reading List:
    Link
    now that you mention it, i wonder if it will be good for 'new' novel to get some kind of mark. Different color perhaps, or bolded fonts, or some kind of icons. at least for a day.

anyway, tony did have a plan on a feature to auto-limit a title into a certain number (lets say 3-5) no matter how many they release during the period of the same day. the primary reason for this is the main page is limited to 80 releases for faster loading (and less burden on the server - same reason for the novel page limited to 15 releases per page) , if you filter/hide some titles, you will see less, but ultimately, the max is the same. as for ETA on the feature...well......:blobsleeping:

Nom de Plume, ZeroJAM and AliceShiki like this.
  6. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Would be nice if something highlighted the new ones! >.<

Oh, I remember hearing about these plans... Well, can't be helped~