Forgotten Title Old cartoon movie (childs film) of the 90's or early 2000s

Discussion in 'TV/Movies Discussion' started by Okuri Ookami, Mar 19, 2018.

1. Okuri Ookami

Okuri Ookami 'Chi Chi Chi' calls the Sparrow

Reading List:
    Link
    I remember everything but the title of the movie, always been bad with names. The main characters in the movie were A pixie/fairy (female lead) and bat that has some kind of metal object in its head that zaps him every so often making him take on different personas from radio broadcasts including music. They inhabit a forest that's in danger of being torn down. The 3rd lead character and also male lead is a lumber jack / de-forester (?) who along side his good buddy who happens to be a dope and fatty stereotype if I remember right are tasked to cut down the forest all by themselves (from what the viewer can tell) with these big hogs of machines that plow down everything.

The female lead does everything possible to stop, alot of singing and dancing is involved and they manage to stop the male lead for the time being. But the damage had already been done some kind of gaseous smog creature that seems to have a belly of fire that had been sealed in the trees was unleashed from the deforestation and with more singing and dancing (actually probably the funniest and best character besides the bat and a few others like the kids on the flying rhino beetles, so cute)

I'm trying to find this one for nostalgia and 2 because along with all dogs go to heaven (series) its one of the best parts of my childhood movie favorites and its been nearly 2 decades since I've watched them. I really want my nieces to see what I grew up on. Not the mainstream Disney classics that's always shown.

2. Lordnightowl

Lordnightowl Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    from the sounds of it, it's the second Ferngully movie.

Okuri Ookami and Dacendaren like this.
  3. Dacendaren

Dacendaren Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    otaku31 and Okuri Ookami like this.
  4. Okuri Ookami

Reading List:
    Link
  5. Okuri Ookami

Reading List:
    Link
    Nope the 1st movie. The second movie was trash, didn't realize I'd watched it till I'd gotten overly excited looking up the first one and saw "There was a sequel!!!" then realized seconds later I'd seen it and that none of the original voice cast reprised their roles.

6. Lordnightowl

Lordnightowl Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i wasn't sure. been so long since i've the movie. hope you enjoy watching it again.

Okuri Ookami likes this.