Discussion Old Game series you want back

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by Okuri Ookami, Nov 16, 2017.

1. monstermaaaaan

monstermaaaaan title tile

Reading List:
    Link
    I think he's talking about the sequel they were making before it got shut down in the sequel you were a space bounty Hunter it had the feeling of a mature 3d Metroid esque game seemed neat

2. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    I do believe 4 was the last proper one in the series, around playstation 1. Then they f*cked up part 5 for ps2 incredibly bad and since then it's been out of the picture, only recently making some stupid mobile game app or some multiplayer online , which might've well been called anything different.

Apparently even in Japan the app store rated it averagely at 1.7/5 stars and i'm not sure it released internationally.

3. Fierbras

Fierbras Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Suikoden
    Rune factory
    Tactics Ogre
    Edit: add a few robot games
    Custom robo
    Armored Core
    Front Mission
    Super Robot Wars

Last edited: Nov 16, 2017
    Westeller and Asf like this.
  4. soulji_og

soulji_og Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Bloodlines was amazing

shader009 likes this.
  5. kashim13

kashim13 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Gradius
    Parodius
    Breath of Fire
    Capcom VS SNK
    Shining Force
    Bubble Bobble (Rainbow Islands, Parasol Stars and various spin-offs)

Westeller and Fierbras like this.
  6. cellimen45

cellimen45 God of Books (self proclaimed) Convert The Bullies

Reading List:
    Link
    Custom robo was always a good series

Rocket slime

We need a Warcraft 4 - not wow

Sure there's more but that's all of the top of my head for series games at least, I can think of plenty that deserved a sequel.

7. Omnicast

Omnicast Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Populous the beginning was great.
    I miss Black and White.
    Can’t believe there’s another person that remembers Tomba.
    I also miss Earth and Beyond.
    Wish we had a sequel to Warship Gunner/Commander that was a fun game. Might have a bit too much grind though.

Too many innovative games gone. Now the gaming industry is flooded with god damn e sport shit.

Wish we were back in the good old days where game companies tried new shit instead of rehashing our the same crap year after year.

gary0044187 likes this.
  8. kashim13

kashim13 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Super Robot Wars is still going strong tho, SRW V is even in english

Fierbras likes this.
  9. Eisensturm

Eisensturm Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'd love HD remasters, or even better, HD remakes, for the following series if they can't at least get a proper sequel:

Legend of Dragoon
    (PS1) - A wonderful JRPG that made the Greatest Hits collection, and was a pretty good game that rivaled the FF series in playtime an content back in the day, and had plenty of potential for more sequels or a remake. It was similar yet different from the FF series of the time, and it's a shame it wasn't ever expanded further on.

Vanguard Bandits (PS1) - A Medieval-style SRW-like game. Sure, the Trails of series comes close with mecha in the latter half, but it's not quite the same.

Xenogears (PS1) or Xenosaga (PS2) - Xenogears in HD and slightly smoother control movement would be perfect. Xenosaga deserves an HD remaster or remake, and completion of the story (the last 3 episodes that were planned). Xenoblade Chronicles on Nintendo just isn't the same.

Trapt
    (PS2) or Kagero: Deception (PS1) - A unique trap-setting game where the protag can't really attack herself, but sets up elaborate death dungeons and uses herself as bait to draw would-be attackers to their deaths. There was a PS3 version, but a PS4/X1 sequel would be nice.

Einhander
    (PS1) - A wonderful little rail shooter from Square that I miss. Simple, straightforward, yet unique in its setup. A shame Sony and Square just kind of abandoned it despite it also becoming popular enough for Greatest Hits as well.

Drakengard 1&2
    (PS2) - 3 was great, though technically a Prequel, but HD remakes of the first two would round it out real well.

Final Fantasy VIII
    (PS1) - Yeah, everyone loved VII, even me, but I found VIII interesting with the split timeline thing going on. The Draw system was the only annoying one since it limited how many times you could use a powerful summon.

Star Ocean: Til the End of Time (PS2) - I personally found this to be one of the best versions in the series, and while it's perfectly serviceable in the current day, I'd love an HD Remaster. Sure, the series is technically still alive with half-hearted sequels, but I'd like one that is as extensive and engaging as Til the End of Time, with plenty of side quests and equipment to unlock both post-finale and pre-finale.

Bloody Roar (Series) - It was a relatively novel fighting game different from the more usual Tekken/SF/DoA games with the capability to shift into a were form and go to town.

Soul Calibur 3 (PS2) or Soul Calibur (Series) - Another unique fighting game, though I really liked SC3's Chronicles of the Sword mode for original characters as well as the general depth of customization (alongside SC5's customization too). If SC3 got an HD remaster at least, that'd be enough for me, though I'd prefer a sequel combining SC3's Original Character Chronicles of the Sword mode with SC5's customization system, and some actual dedicated costume support (not the BS where Japan SC5 got plenty of costumes but NA got only about half).

Last edited: Nov 17, 2017
    Westeller likes this.
  10. Kin

Kin Invijible kitty

Reading List:
    Link
    Sigh, most of the games here is older than me

11. bonifide

bonifide Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Suikoden
    Bloody Roar
    Onimusha

Westeller likes this.
  12. DesuDiem

DesuDiem Surviving College

Reading List:
    Link
    Check the trailer for the cancelled sequel of the original game.

13. isekaishousetsu

isekaishousetsu Karakuri Pierrot

Reading List:
    Link
    Suikoden
    Golden Sun
    Red Alert
    Generals
    Vigilante 2nd Offense

gary0044187 and Westeller like this.
  14. Fierbras

Fierbras Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh didn't know that. I'll look into getting a copy.

15. Lovely

Lovely 『Valentines Terror!』『Cherished Kitty』『Rika's Twin』

Reading List:
    Link
    the settler's!

16. Ophious

Ophious Pathfinder kinda fun

Reading List:
    Link
    Summon Night: Swordcraft Story I loved the first and second game it was the first Game boy game I actually completed without relying on game faqs

Yunchii and Fierbras like this.
  17. Chaostic

Chaostic Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'd really love to see more then anything else a remake of the NES game "The Magic of Scheherazade" or "Star Tropics"
    man Wild ARMs was the first PSX game I owned I love that game to death(I both love and hated alter code F)
    Last Remnant is probably on of my favorite game that I own for 360

.hack//G.U. Last Recode came out recently it's a collection of remastered copies of the three G.U. games Rebirth, Reminisce, and Redemption, as well as a new 4th .hack//G.U. Reconnection. so Zaest you got both port/remake and a new game all rolled into one

Westeller likes this.
  18. Okuri Ookami

Okuri Ookami 'Chi Chi Chi' calls the Sparrow

Reading List:
    Link
    I only played Wild arms on the PS2 and I can't exactly remember the names of them. I know the first one was the 2nd to last and had a sequel the MC had two hand cannons that were like shot guns and there was a guy with a gun sword. The other game actually came out before the first game and like Rush from the last remnant had a time altering ability. I didn't play much of this game but I liked it a lot to bad my ps2 crashed...

The last Remnant was a game I played on Xbox 360 as well I hated the story but the combat system and recruitments were way ahead of its time and so innovative! If you took and remastered it today maybe adding MMO like CC, dungeoning and war modes you'd have a best seller! I wonder if the DLC was any good? Never did get a chance to play them on Xbox. Might just buy TLR on steam.

19. OriginalChaser

OriginalChaser Dying as a Human

Reading List:
    Link
    Chrono Cross is a game I want an updated version of... it was really fun to play, especially with all of those different characters that you can unlock and how you can hear about what happened to them if you don't pick them up.

20. shader009

shader009 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Kingdoms of Amalur. Yes i know it was a single game but it was supposed to get a second installment before the game company went bust. Great game with a few niggles......

Sabruness likes this.